Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2012, 12:51 AM #43
Bushwood Bill
 
 
Bushwood Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kentucky
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwai View Post
at least inferno understand the thread.

i just think they should be a better company for being out there so long.

i will not recommend the crossover for the price. it shoot as good as a old 2005 automag that i got.

reliability or durability is the only thing tippmann got and that aint a buyer 1st goal in mind. beside that they are outdate.
Yes, reliability and durability is a players 1st goal in mind when buying a marker. Especially new players. Tippmann has been around as long as they have because of reliable and durable markers. I don't see any fields using guns from other companies as their main rental guns, do you? You say make a better gun and improve the Phenom? They did, the Crossover. Its reasonably priced and is great for any type of play and its what a lot of people asked them to make.

Tippmann sells more markers than most other companies combined so they must be doing something right!!
__________________
Bushwood Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:43 AM #44
balla fo life
Planet Eclipse FTW
 
balla fo life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
balla fo life owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwai
at least inferno understand the thread.

i just think they should be a better company for being out there so long.

i will not recommend the crossover for the price. it shoot as good as a old 2005 automag that i got.

reliability or durability is the only thing tippmann got and that aint a buyer 1st goal in mind. beside that they are outdate.

Are you saying that Automag are garbage?? Do you realize where most of the concepts of tippmans markers came from?? Lol the crossover is just phenom with eyes and a smaller body. I would pay there asking price for it
__________________
VIKING OWNER GROUP
My Feedback

R.I.P. PHILLY AMERICANS
balla fo life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:15 AM #45
inferno2inferno
 
 
inferno2inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
The Crossover was a good attempt at bridging wood and speed ball. I just wish they did stuff like that more often. To get a new player into either paintball universe, I find that you need to give them an introductory marker at a decent price. Tippmann has been making that marker; the 98 Custom and it has brought many players into the paintball world, mainly that of Rec and woods ball. One of my first guns was an alpha black, so basically a 98 M16 style. I love that gun don't get me wrong, but I want Tippmann to make that kind of a gun for a speedball audience too. I found that the price of the crossover was a bit high considering the range of equivalent products offered at lower prices by other manufacturers. In my opinion, Tippmann should release an entry level speedball gun at an entry level price to appeal to all aspects of paintball.
__________________
You do not know what you do not know
inferno2inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:24 AM #46
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel
 
sledneckforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: massachusetts
Annual Supporting Member
Love that it's a entry level marker. Hate that the milsim thing is their only saving grace.
__________________
EastCoastAngel

For all your angel repair needs

978-530-6747
sledneckforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:20 AM #47
kwai
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by balla fo life View Post
Are you saying that Automag are garbage?? Do you realize where most of the concepts of tippmans markers came from?? Lol the crossover is just phenom with eyes and a smaller body. I would pay there asking price for it
i saying. why will you need to buy a crossover that is a out date marker. only thing it got is mech mode. you can buy a use 2005 automag. like i say before out date stupid balla.

Last edited by kwai : 09-19-2012 at 11:28 AM.
kwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:27 AM #48
kwai
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushwood Bill View Post
Yes, reliability and durability is a players 1st goal in mind when buying a marker. Especially new players. Tippmann has been around as long as they have because of reliable and durable markers. I don't see any fields using guns from other companies as their main rental guns, do you? You say make a better gun and improve the Phenom? They did, the Crossover. Its reasonably priced and is great for any type of play and its what a lot of people asked them to make.

Tippmann sells more markers than most other companies combined so they must be doing something right!!
reliability and durability aint the 1st thing on people mind.
performance and consistency is 1st all of time. then reliability and durability.

i'm so sick hearing that reliability and durability. is that what tippmann going to live on the rest of there life. hahahahahahah

warranty will handle most marker nowaday. if they have problem.
kwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:36 AM #49
kwai
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbr Chickin View Post
You dont understand anything in a business point of view, considering they have been operating for what, 25+ years now? They wont die in 10 years, and their popularity wont dwindle. They make good, decently priced products that continue to work after abuse unlike many other companies. I dont know how you figure they are a failing company.

Tippmann, if they wanted to, could create probably the perfect paintball marker to compete with todays speedball. The Crossover was a first attempt at trying to bridge both woodsball and speedball. How many other companies do you see that make markers that can perform on either side with no issues, yet can keep up with other markers on the market?

Survival in a business comes from selling good products at fair prices without going under and from customer loyalty. While the Crossover didnt get as good a reception as it could have, negativity like yours is ultimately what fails a company because users, like you, spread lies and other bull to entry level players and put a huge red mark on their newly developing hobby.

Luckily for people like me and many other Tippmann owners, we outnumber your stupidity and keep the company going with our loyalties to their products. We are the recruiters who let newbies use our markers to test on the field, not the 15 year old with a $1500 loadout bought on his mommies card. Not to mention the thousands of fields that buy these rugged markers as rentals and the modders who buy tens or hundreds of these markers to turn them into works of art because of their dependability.

Quit spreading lies. Learn something about business and manufacturing before you start spouting crap.
where do you see a woodsball marker in the crossover. they only did that cause it was there way of saying tippmann fail of create a good speedball marker. it was a good start but bad price.

i can use dye,proto,macdev,empire,gog, etc and call that a woodsball crossover too. hahahahhahahahaahah
kwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:03 PM #50
reshafer
 
 
reshafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
reshafer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
reshafer is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwai

where do you see a woodsball marker in the crossover. they only did that cause it was there way of saying tippmann fail of create a good speedball marker. it was a good start but bad price.

i can use dye,proto,macdev,empire,gog, etc and call that a woodsball crossover too. hahahahhahahahaahah
Youre just saying that because you work for dye,proto,macdev,empire,gog, etc. plenty of people use those guns to play woodsball, when i play woods i prefer my tippmanns because i know they will go the entire game. I have used them for speedball before for lulz only but i usually use my
Mini for that. If i had the money for a crossover i would buy it. Its the only speedball gun out there that is waterproof i believe too. Correct me if im wrong
reshafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:15 PM #51
kwai
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by reshafer View Post
Youre just saying that because you work for dye,proto,macdev,empire,gog, etc. plenty of people use those guns to play woodsball, when i play woods i prefer my tippmanns because i know they will go the entire game. I have used them for speedball before for lulz only but i usually use my
Mini for that. If i had the money for a crossover i would buy it. Its the only speedball gun out there that is waterproof i believe too. Correct me if im wrong
now i work for 10 company. hahahahaha. if that was the case i be rich and create my own paintball company. i play in the rain with my dye and axe before didnt have a problem. as waterproof most marker are.

Last edited by kwai : 09-19-2012 at 12:22 PM.
kwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:28 PM #52
Rubbr Chickin
Professional Eye Poker
 
Rubbr Chickin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: 17042, Pennsylvania
Rubbr Chickin is playing at Living Legends VI
Rubbr Chickin supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwai View Post
where do you see a woodsball marker in the crossover. they only did that cause it was there way of saying tippmann fail of create a good speedball marker. it was a good start but bad price.

i can use dye,proto,macdev,empire,gog, etc and call that a woodsball crossover too. hahahahhahahahaahah
Put them in a durability test against the Crossover and I guarantee the Crossover will win. Just because its in a speedball marker body and not a milsim one doesnt mean it isnt more durable and dependable than your $800 speedball gun. Its a shame you are too jaded by your own stupidity to realize that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwai View Post
now i work for 10 company. hahahahaha. if that was the case i be rich and create my own paintball company. i play in the rain with my dye and axe before didnt have a problem. as waterproof most marker are.
I would like to see you operate a company. I would love to watch you self destroy yourself because of your ego and seeming to know everything about everything.
__________________
Rubbr Chickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:51 PM #53
tonycon
Knuckleheads Paintball
 
tonycon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chi-Town
Annual Supporting Member
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
tonycon supports our troops
tonycon is Legendary
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwai

as waterproof most marker are.

Sounds like something yoda would say...lol
__________________
Swamp SLS-whitebrown CSL-Midnight/Poison LV1 Pure/Prestige GSL

Proudly Sponsored By:
PBExplosion VirtueSpire Valken Paintball

KnuckleHeads Paintball Team
Game footage
tonycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:03 PM #54
kwai
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
i aint perfect in anything. i do my homework. what i got is proof before i start talking. not like you rubbr all you are is just talk.

i do work for a company just not any paintball company.
i know what i suck at. at least i will improve what i suck at.
not like tippmann that will just pay there dealer money to lie on youtube and forum.

Last edited by kwai : 09-19-2012 at 05:10 PM.
kwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:12 PM #55
Bushwood Bill
 
 
Bushwood Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kentucky
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwai View Post
i aint perfect in anything. i do my homework. what i got is proof before i start talking. not like you rubbr all you are is just talk.

i do work for a company just not any paintball company.
i know what i suck at. at least i will improve what i suck at.
not like tippmann that will just pay there dealer money to lie on youtube and forum.
If what Tippmann makes was totally junk like you say they wouldn't sell more guns than most other companies combined. And I guess they suck since almost all fields use Tippmanns as rentals!

I work on at least 300-600 Tippmanns a year for the military and after they use them and get them dirty, muddy or covered in paint, they have a guy spray them off with a water hose and then throw them in a plastic bin. When I get them almost all of them still shoot just fine. A few drops of oil in the Asa, dry fire and they are good to go. Name another gun that you can do that with??
__________________
Bushwood Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:54 PM #56
Rubbr Chickin
Professional Eye Poker
 
Rubbr Chickin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: 17042, Pennsylvania
Rubbr Chickin is playing at Living Legends VI
Rubbr Chickin supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwai View Post
i aint perfect in anything. i dont do my homework. what you got is proof. not like myself all i am is just talk.

i sit at home and spread lies.
i know what i suck at. at least i will say i will improve what i suck at but ignore everything else.
not like myself who lie on youtube and forum.
Fixed that for ya there bud.
__________________
Rubbr Chickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:26 PM #57
Ramprat1972
CO-OWNER FIELD OF DREAMS
 
Ramprat1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Indiana
Annual Supporting Member
Ramprat1972 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Ramprat1972 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ramprat1972 supports Team VICIOUS
Ramprat1972 is for the Gunfight
Ramprat1972 plays in the APPA D4 division
Ramprat1972 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
This is my 24th year of playing paintball. I play tourney and woodsball. (mostly tourneys) I can tell you this. There is a reason why fields use Tippmanns as rental markers. They are durable, easy to maintain, cost effective, and "WORK".. This marker was not designed to shoot high level tournament paint like Valken Redemption, GI 4star, Evil and so on. It was made to handle vaious types of rec ball paint. So it does matter what type of paint you buy. 90+% of the time if paint is breaking in the marker, its the paint, not the marker. Usually if its the marker its because of barrel bore size. Its either way too small, and the ball breaks trying to go thru. Or the barrel size it way too big, and you get too much wobble and breaks. Now on the other end. Having been playing paintball for as long as I have I can tell you without a doubt, Tippmann has always been a dominant paintball marker on the woodsball field. I don't know much about the crossover so I won't comment on it, I can say I won't use it as a tourney marker, but thats not because I don't like it. PE is just what a tournament marker should be. For a company that has been around in this business as long as they have, they must be doing something right.
__________________
FIELD OF DREAMS PAINTBALL FIELD! http://www.fieldofdreamspaintball.com
PROUDLY SPONSORED BY:
[size="6"][color="Blue"]FIELD OF DREAMS (317) 605-5159, [color="Black"] VALKEN
Ramprat1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:41 PM #58
kwai
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramprat1972 View Post
This is my 24th year of playing paintball. I play tourney and woodsball. (mostly tourneys) I can tell you this. There is a reason why fields use Tippmanns as rental markers. They are durable, easy to maintain, cost effective, and "WORK".. This marker was not designed to shoot high level tournament paint like Valken Redemption, GI 4star, Evil and so on. It was made to handle vaious types of rec ball paint. So it does matter what type of paint you buy. 90+% of the time if paint is breaking in the marker, its the paint, not the marker. Usually if its the marker its because of barrel bore size. Its either way too small, and the ball breaks trying to go thru. Or the barrel size it way too big, and you get too much wobble and breaks. Now on the other end. Having been playing paintball for as long as I have I can tell you without a doubt, Tippmann has always been a dominant paintball marker on the woodsball field. I don't know much about the crossover so I won't comment on it, I can say I won't use it as a tourney marker, but thats not because I don't like it. PE is just what a tournament marker should be. For a company that has been around in this business as long as they have, they must be doing something right.
you wont use a crossover in a tournament cause the chance you are going win with them is like 1%. as to bore size i use hammerhead barrel only. i understand bore size. i play 10 year so. i aint a noob.
should it matter what kind of paint i use. bt woodsball marker like the tm7 and tm15 is good on paint. dont matter what kind of paint you use.
so i think it is about time tippmann do the same. to me tippmann need to understand that does it really matter if it a wooodsball or speedball marker when it come down to shooting paint. it should be able to use any kind of paintball. low end or high end paint without break on full auto and burst mode out the box. so yes it need eyes and on/off asa.

i ask 1000 plus people i play with. what need improvement. these are the top 3
1.eyes
2.on/off asa
3.consistence shot

this is for people that buy tippmann not rent tippmann. like i say same thing i keep hearing over and over. no it aint the paint. its the marker. me and my friends did countless test on the a5 and phenom using 25 different kind of paint. they all break on full auto before the hopper even get half done.

Last edited by kwai : 09-19-2012 at 09:53 PM.
kwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:51 PM #59
Bushwood Bill
 
 
Bushwood Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kentucky
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwai View Post
you wont use a crossover in a tournament cause the chance you are going win with them is like 1%. as to bore size i use hammerhead barrel only. i understand bore size. i play 10 year so. i aint a noob.
should it matter what kind of paint i use. bt woodsball marker like the tm7 and tm15 is good on paint. dont matter what kind of paint you use.
so i think it is about time tippmann do the same. to me tippmann need to understand that does it really matter if it a wooodsball or speedball marker when it come down to shooting paint. it should be able to use any kind of paintball. low end or high end paint without break on full auto and burst mode out the box. so yes it need eyes and on/off asa.

i ask 1000 plus people i play with. what need improvement. these are the top 3
1.eyes
2.on/off asa
3.consistence shot

this is for people that buy tippmann not rent tippmann. like i say same thing i keep hearing over and over. no it aint the paint. its the marker. me and my friends did countless test on the a5 and phenom using 25 different kind of paint. they all break on full auto before the hopper even get half done.
You keep saying they have paint chopping issues but there is NO way I believe that. The ton of A5's and Phenoms we have sold never had chopping problems with any paint. I personally had a A5 and Phenom shooting 20bps full auto without chopping. If you have a problem that does not mean that everyone else does.. As a matter of fact my buddies Phenom has shot well over 50cases of paint without any problems chopping.

I and EVERYONE else reading your posts have a real hard time believing you have been in this sport for 10+ years because almost all people playing in the sport that long have the utmost respect for Tippmann and know what they do for the sport...
__________________
Bushwood Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:08 PM #60
Rubbr Chickin
Professional Eye Poker
 
Rubbr Chickin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: 17042, Pennsylvania
Rubbr Chickin is playing at Living Legends VI
Rubbr Chickin supports Empire
10+ years. Any 10 year paintball player could use a Tippmann fine with no issues. And no single player has the time to ask 1000+ players about their opinion on what could be improved.

Quite honestly I would be surprised if you had 6 months under your belt. Youre blowing smoke.
__________________
Rubbr Chickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:22 AM #61
tonycon
Knuckleheads Paintball
 
tonycon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chi-Town
Annual Supporting Member
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
tonycon supports our troops
tonycon is Legendary
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Guys...stop feeding the troll. Let's let this thread die!
__________________
Swamp SLS-whitebrown CSL-Midnight/Poison LV1 Pure/Prestige GSL

Proudly Sponsored By:
PBExplosion VirtueSpire Valken Paintball

KnuckleHeads Paintball Team
Game footage
tonycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:26 AM #62
gijoe1254
this color ends in urple
 
gijoe1254's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Indiana
 has been a member for 10 years
gijoe1254 works for a Paintball manufacturer
gijoe1254 plays in the PSP
gijoe1254 plays in the APPA D4 division
agreed
gijoe1254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:40 PM #63
pbgod44
 
 
pbgod44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwai View Post
you guy are just mad casue this is all true about tippmann marker. tippmann marker was good like 5 year ago but not now. why will i need to buy a better marker if i spend $400 or more on a tippmann. that aint good enough or something. like i say not worth it anymore just a waste of money.
Im pretty sure earlier in this thread you said that tippmanns have been the same designs forever.... OK... so they are still the same as they where five years ago..... then WTF are you talking about in this post? First off... your and idiot... second off... learn simple grammer... third off... tippmann FTW!!! and Fourth off.... your an idiot............................................. ...........................
pbgod44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump