Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 08:00 AM #106
Chadkilla56

preordered last night through apple but the shipping date says it'll arrive oct 10th.. ?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-18-2012, 08:15 AM #107
americanidiot748
I Sling Monkey Poo!

americanidiot748 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
americanidiot748 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
americanidiot748 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
americanidiot748 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
americanidiot748 is attending Decay of Nations VI
My sexy shocker shooting like a beast, Fastest shocker ever!!!
DO NOT DEAL WITH ATLas Paintball, Atlballerz, Paul Decker!http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...5#post78291865
https://www.facebook.com/#!/paul.decker.351
Old 09-18-2012, 08:22 AM #108
Jonezed7
Bleed Blue & White

Annual Supporting Member
Jonezed7 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Jonezed7 plays in the APPA D5 division
Jonezed7 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Jonezed7 is Legendary
Jonezed7 is Boss

Thanks for your input.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:23 AM #109
hedgehogsforprez

hedgehogsforprez is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
What is this? I've never seen that before.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:41 AM #110
96 Ls lnteg
Hola

Annual Supporting Member
96 Ls lnteg is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
96 Ls lnteg is a Paintball photographer
96 Ls lnteg owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgehogsforprez
What is this? I've never seen that before.
It's shows how ****ty Samsung's marketing skills are
Old 09-18-2012, 08:45 AM #111
AuxiliaryPie
iLurk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Ls lnteg View Post
It's shows how ****ty Samsung's marketing skills are
id say its a pretty good ad. heres what you get with theirs vs ours, with a little humor "totally different plug" and then padding the stats with software features.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:02 AM #112
ProtoBaller1991
Come to VLN my child

ProtoBaller1991 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanidiot748 View Post
Sure it has more features, but half of those extra ones I don't even want or care about.
PMR Frame/Board F/s
Old 09-18-2012, 09:03 AM #113
Angry_Birds
Money over *****es

iPhone = engineering marvel with incredible craftsmanship and quality of materials

Galaxy S3 = ****ty Asian knockoff made of plastic

You know it's a bad phone when they have to make features up. What the **** is direct call? Have I been indirectly calling people this entire time??

75% of that list consists of the most unintuitive gestures or motions I've ever heard of. Turn over to mute? How about a mute BUTTON? If you turn it over, how can you be sure it's even muted if you can't see the screen?

Last edited by Angry_Birds : 09-18-2012 at 09:07 AM.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:06 AM #114
Angry_Birds
Money over *****es

I'm not an Apple fanboy by any means, but I don't see how this is even a competition. The iPhone is really the only product where it's abundantly clear that a tremendous amount of time and effort went into making it the absolute best device it could be from a hardware and software perspective. It's like a Porsche 911 or an Omega Speedmaster. Unlike Samsung, Apple doesn't have 18 different models to focus on, so they can put everything into their crown jewel.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:14 AM #115
ProtoBaller1991
Come to VLN my child

ProtoBaller1991 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry_Birds View Post
iPhone = engineering marvel with incredible craftsmanship and quality of materials

You know it's a bad phone when they have to make features up. What the **** is direct call? Have I been indirectly calling people this entire time??

75% of that list consists of the most unintuitive gestures or motions I've ever heard of. Turn over to mute? How about a mute BUTTON? If you turn it over, how can you be sure it's even muted if you can't see the screen?
Quote:
I'm not an Apple fanboy by any means, but I don't see how this is even a competition. The iPhone is really the only product where it's abundantly clear that a tremendous amount of time and effort went into making it the absolute best device it could be from a hardware and software perspective. It's like a Porsche 911 or an Omega Speedmaster. Unlike Samsung, Apple doesn't have 18 different models to focus on, so they can put everything into their crown jewel.
I like your style
PMR Frame/Board F/s
Old 09-18-2012, 09:25 AM #116
AuxiliaryPie
iLurk

Quote:

Quote:
direct call means when you're texting someone you can just put the phone to your head and it will call them. a necessity? no, but pretty useful when you get the text that says "call me real quick"

flipping it over mutes the ringtone or alarm tone, which is pretty easy to tell when its muted

iOS has a **** load of frivolous features too, dont act like "shake to refresh" is any more important than direct calling

the S3 is plastic but if youve ever felt one, it feels pretty damn nice.

Sammy only has two phones, the Note and the S3 ATM, with international and LTE versions of each. Apple has to update the 4, 4s and 5 with the same models of each...

i see your point that the iphone is a great device, but dont exaggerate everything so much
Old 09-18-2012, 09:52 AM #117
paintballking72
Yummy! :-)

paintballking72 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuxiliaryPie View Post
direct call means when you're texting someone you can just put the phone to your head and it will call them. a necessity? no, but pretty useful when you get the text that says "call me real quick"

flipping it over mutes the ringtone or alarm tone, which is pretty easy to tell when its muted

iOS has a **** load of frivolous features too, dont act like "shake to refresh" is any more important than direct calling

Sammy only has two phones, the Note and the S3 ATM, with international and LTE versions of each. Apple has to update the 4, 4s and 5 with the same models of each...

i see your point that the iphone is a great device, but dont exaggerate everything so much
Since we're getting nit picky. That direct call thing sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. I can see that accidentally calling someone very easily without you knowing. And on an iPhone, its not that hard to tap the top of the screen to auto scroll to the top of the convo where there is a big "call" button. That's really fast and seems a little less fool proof.

I don't see the use in flipping over the phone to mute it.. I'll just flip a switch..

I don't even think shake to refresh is used in anything but third party apps. I think facebook even ditched that many updates ago.

When you say that Apple has to update the 4, 4s, and 5 but Samsung only has the Note and S3.. You're including Apples older lines as well, which yes they still support and update. Are you saying that Samsung abandons all old models when a new one comes out?
Old 09-18-2012, 10:39 AM #118
PMR4LIFE
idk

PMR4LIFE helped look for balloons
PMR4LIFE is reppin' sidebar 4 life
PMR4LIFE has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PMR4LIFE has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
PMR4LIFE is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadkilla56 View Post
preordered last night through apple but the shipping date says it'll arrive oct 10th.. ?
yea?... what did you expect?
Hobbes The Tiger: "Touch ourselves? Experiment with our sexuality? Duct tape DMC to the ceiling? Make PMR burn his Stamkos spank bank? Make demonic look at Kovy pr0nz? Make Burrows live in a house that's under 200k?"
New York Yankees Pittsburgh Steelers Tampa Bay Lightning UCF Knights
:daveface:
Old 09-18-2012, 10:46 AM #119
AuxiliaryPie
iLurk

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballking72 View Post
Since we're getting nit picky. That direct call thing sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. I can see that accidentally calling someone very easily without you knowing. And on an iPhone, its not that hard to tap the top of the screen to auto scroll to the top of the convo where there is a big "call" button. That's really fast and seems a little less fool proof.

I don't see the use in flipping over the phone to mute it.. I'll just flip a switch..

I don't even think shake to refresh is used in anything but third party apps. I think facebook even ditched that many updates ago.

When you say that Apple has to update the 4, 4s, and 5 but Samsung only has the Note and S3.. You're including Apples older lines as well, which yes they still support and update. Are you saying that Samsung abandons all old models when a new one comes out?
the first three of your points are personal preference, which i even stated all are just frivolous add-ons.
If i was really nit picking i could say that android has a call button in the conversation and a mute button on alarms too...like i said, just frivolous doo-dads (which is why the ad is a good advertisement, a lot of people buy into that ****..look at apples advertising: "New Optics and graphics that are twice as fast!" nobody knows what it means, but it sure sounds nice)

sammy has promised to update the Galaxy S2 to ICS..is that really good on them? kind of- Jelly Bean would be a lot better. in a perfect world every android device would be AOSP and as such be directly updated by google. my bad for not including the S2
edit- looks like Sammy IS giving the S2 JB via OTA: http://global.christianpost.com/news...ovember-81507/

a much better comparison is the Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7 vs iPhone and iPad, MUCH less politics goes into the nexus line. It's just what Google wants vs just what Apple wants. You'll find that only the 3rd party Android manufacturers talk **** about Apple, Google does what Apple does "Look at these neat features, look how happy everyone is with these features"
Old 09-18-2012, 10:51 AM #120
Angry_Birds
Money over *****es

Quote:

Apple uses gestures/motions when it makes sense. Like the guy above me said, iOS has a call button in the text message thread. The samsung's gestures seem like they were designed by a bunch of apes. How much time are you really saving by putting the phone to your head versus tapping a button and then putting the phone to your head?
Old 09-18-2012, 10:53 AM #121
AuxiliaryPie
iLurk

Quote:
Apple uses gestures/motions when it makes sense. Like the guy above me said, iOS has a call button in the text message thread. The samsung's gestures seem like they were designed by a bunch of apes. How much time are you really saving by putting the phone to your head versus tapping a button and then putting the phone to your head?
your argument for apples gestures is that they make sense.

seeing a text that says "call me" and simply putting the phone to your head doesnt make sense to you?

like ive said now 3 times, its not some ground breaking feature, but it makes sense
Old 09-18-2012, 10:59 AM #122
Rob66
youtube.com/shootinstuff

Rob66 posts videos on PbNation
Rob66 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Rob66 is Legendary
Rob66 supports Empire
Quote:
hey i can get a **** ton done with that extra second :doireallyneedit:
Old 09-18-2012, 11:27 AM #123
erayser
AlternativePB.com

Annual Supporting Member
erayser is a Moderator
erayser is a Supporting Member
Is there gesturing in iOS 6 for the iPhone? Far as I know, I had to jailbreak my iPhone 4 to get gesturing (Zephyr tweak). I don't really like gesturing on my iPhone because it affects functionality on apps. Like when I want to swipe through pictures... it swipes to a different app. It does that with games too. I'm guessing that's one reason why Apple doesn't deliver it. I have it... but I don't keep it on all the time. Gesturing is more functional to me on the iPad, but that is personal preference.

There are a lot of funtionality that I don't use that comes on the iPhone, and there are JB functions I wished Apple would deliver. The iPhone isn't perfect... and it will never keep up with functionality and hardware of android phones... because there are many phone manufactures making android phones, and each one is competing with each other making it better. Apple puts out a new phone that retains it's shape every 2 years (not including the 's' version). I don't mind that since my contract and upgrade is around 2 years. Since the iPhone retains it shape for 2 years... there are a lot of accessories and cases to keep me happy till I upgrade again. Also, I do some themeing once in a while just to change up my UI... and it feels like I have a different phone. Again... that's all personal preference.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:29 AM #124
paintballking72

Quote:
your argument for apples gestures is that they make sense.

seeing a text that says "call me" and simply putting the phone to your head doesnt make sense to you?

like ive said now 3 times, its not some ground breaking feature, but it makes sense
Yeah I see that you've said that they aren't anything great, but you keep defending them like they are lol

It sorta makes sense, but as I said, I wouldn't want to be texting someone and put my phone in my pocket and have it call someone..

Again, I agree, it's all personal preference.

And it looks like Apple is really suffering on this iPhone launch. :doireallyneedadodgy?:

http://www.mactrast.com/2012/09/appl...s-in-24-hours/
Old 09-18-2012, 12:45 PM #125
AuxiliaryPie
iLurk

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballking72 View Post
Yeah I see that you've said that they aren't anything great, but you keep defending them like they are lol

It sorta makes sense, but as I said, I wouldn't want to be texting someone and put my phone in my pocket and have it call someone..

Again, I agree, it's all personal preference.

And it looks like Apple is really suffering on this iPhone launch. :doireallyneedadodgy?:

http://www.mactrast.com/2012/09/appl...s-in-24-hours/
im just defending that they could be useful to some people, i agree with everything you just posted.

i just hate ignorant *** posts like Birds saying the iphone is the only phone that feels like someone put time and effort into it (ever held a Lumina 900? Droid RAZR? HTC ONE X?), or how gimicks on the iphone are all great but gimmicks on the S3 are designed by apes...

what im getting at is there are two sides to every story which is why both Android (more specifically the S3) and the iPhone are both successful as hell. One would clearly dominate the other if one was as ****ty as fanboys (of either side) claim
Old 09-18-2012, 01:05 PM #126
paintballking72

Brofist.jpg

I don't deny that the S3 is a great phone. My biggest beef is with the android fanboys that are all "her der apple hasn't changed the iPhone since it came out and they always claim new innovation" and the you look at all the lame features the S3 tries to sell as being "innovative". I just find it silly.

And no, I am not including you in the fandroid category that I am referring to. You are clearly more open-minded than them.
Closed Thread