Old 01-28-2013, 04:15 PM #1303
azhector

azhector is playing at Living Legends VI
azhector owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
azhector has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
azhector is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by orvilleredenbachers View Post
I feel like all six buttons would be used. I will be sure to look into all the suggestions that you guys have made though as well.
It depends your play style, ultimately. There's 6-12 things you can use the buttons for just spells/items, plus pings make up to 14. It just comes down to which you'd want to put on the mouse and what you don't. I'd never use them so I didn't get a mouse with the side buttons. For LoL atleast.
Advertisement
Old 01-28-2013, 04:22 PM #1304
DJ Bob (Banned)

I put summoner spells on mouse buttons. No accidental flashes for me.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:22 PM #1305
PBloler
I'm a...

PBloler owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PBloler is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:

I feel like all six buttons would be used. I will be sure to look into all the suggestions that you guys have made though as well.
I don't think you could replace QWERDF with the six mouse buttons. It wouldn't flow as well for combos using one finger (thumb) for six buttons as opposed to to four fingers for six buttons. That's not taking into account pings and item binds on the number keys.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:29 PM #1306
orvilleredenbachers
buy my ****

Annual Supporting Member
orvilleredenbachers is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
orvilleredenbachers is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBloler View Post
I don't think you could replace QWERDF with the six mouse buttons. It wouldn't flow as well for combos using one finger (thumb) for six buttons as opposed to to four fingers for six buttons. That's not taking into account pings and item binds on the number keys.
I feel like it would help with pings, summoner spells and active items. I cant really judge though seeing as my current mouse only has two buttons on the side. that corsair mouse someone posted seemed nice as well.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:53 PM #1307
The Wizard
BossPlaya.345

The Wizard has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The Wizard has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
So how do the pros work if they can't get their top champion pick?

"Originally posted by Menace: my dad works for nasa and has a laser detector that reflects the laser back at the cop and makes his gun explode."

"Originally posted by ClawHammer: STI's are handed down by god himself, NOTHING is faster then an STI."
Old 01-28-2013, 09:30 PM #1308
PBloler
I'm a...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wizard View Post
So how do the pros work if they can't get their top champion pick?
I can't tell if thats a legitimate question or a shot at people in solo queue.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:35 PM #1309
The Wizard
BossPlaya.345

The Wizard has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The Wizard has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
No like do they have 2 or 3 champs that theyre good with or specialize in just 1? I'm good with Ryze so what if someone on the other team wants him too?

"Originally posted by Menace: my dad works for nasa and has a laser detector that reflects the laser back at the cop and makes his gun explode."

"Originally posted by ClawHammer: STI's are handed down by god himself, NOTHING is faster then an STI."
Old 01-28-2013, 09:55 PM #1310
DJ Bob (Banned)

Some have large champion pools, some have one champion they're really good at (e.g. Misaya's TF, Froggen's Anivia, Wickd's Irelia) that is pretty much always banned in their games. But even these players have others that they can play, just not as well. Sometimes they play a champ that isn't their best for the sake of the team composition or counterpicking.

I would say outside of support/ADC (where fewer options are needed), pros have at least ~5 champions they can play well on any given patch (well=competitively at tournament level).

Last edited by DJ Bob : 01-28-2013 at 10:00 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:13 PM #1311
PBloler
I'm a...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wizard View Post
No like do they have 2 or 3 champs that theyre good with or specialize in just 1? I'm good with Ryze so what if someone on the other team wants him too?
Pros never just play what they are good at, they play what the strategy that their team is using for that specific game requires. In some positions the pros need a large champion pool but in some positions like jungle (mind you this is competitive only) in the current meta pros really only need to be solid on cho, amumu, and a couple others for game specific comps.

But I'd say that for the most part pros are solid on 5-10 champs (this is tournament level, I'll bet every pro can play most champs at about a 2k elo level in solo queue just based on game knowledge alone, except for HotShot on Ali lol)
Old 01-28-2013, 10:31 PM #1312
azhector

Tourney pros get recognized by one of their champions, but they aren't limited to that. I'd say you could have a pro play any champ of their lane and do well in an even matchup. Just knowing the lane from hours upon hours of experience makes you know a lot of champs even if you don't play them much.
I think it's the same with most people here, sure we all have our mains, but I know I personally have maybe 10-15 champs I play efficiently.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:38 PM #1313
DJ Bob (Banned)

Yeah I have 5-10 I can play really well but I spend the majority of my time dicking around on new champs.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:11 AM #1314
Cloud9
HOLLA!

Cloud9 supports DLX Technology
Well when should I start branching out and playing other champs. I'm level 12 and I play Annie. And I dominate with her.

I guess ziggs is going to be free to play next week and I'm gonna try him out and probably buy him. I watched some videos I liked his combos and what he has to offer. I'm also interested in orianna and brand...

I'm just worrying that I'm getting too comfortable with just one champion. And I find myself nervous to try something new...
Old 01-29-2013, 02:27 AM #1315
bubba0315

has been a member for 10 years
I wouldn't recommend ziggs. He brings very little to team fights and if you miss combos you're basically completely useless. Though his harass is strong if you can land it. Orianna is the best out of the champs you listed, but she has a very high skill cap. I'd recommend ryze and morgana. Easy to learn and huge potential in team fights. Especially in low level games (where people won't flash her ult, because they're not familiar), morgs ult can single handedly decide who wins an engagement.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:44 AM #1316
Psybuster

Annual Supporting Member
Psybuster is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba0315 View Post
I wouldn't recommend ziggs. He brings very little to team fights and if you miss combos you're basically completely useless. Though his harass is strong if you can land it. Orianna is the best out of the champs you listed, but she has a very high skill cap. I'd recommend ryze and morgana. Easy to learn and huge potential in team fights. Especially in low level games (where people won't flash her ult, because they're not familiar), morgs ult can single handedly decide who wins an engagement.
man i should play morgana again, i haven't seen a morg in like 3-4 months. how the mighty have fallen.

---
My Gaming Videos: Fyrieus Youtube
Old 01-29-2013, 05:52 AM #1317
azhector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud9 View Post
Well when should I start branching out and playing other champs. I'm level 12 and I play Annie. And I dominate with her.

I guess ziggs is going to be free to play next week and I'm gonna try him out and probably buy him. I watched some videos I liked his combos and what he has to offer. I'm also interested in orianna and brand...

I'm just worrying that I'm getting too comfortable with just one champion. And I find myself nervous to try something new...
Start branching out to other lanes. Get good at an adc like graves/cait/Mf/ez. Then get some practice with sona and taric for support. Then a jungler or 2, and a top laner. By 30, you should be good at maybe 8 champions that aren't high bans. So this way when you do drafts you can do every lane like you should. Also keep in mind that for the most part, tops and junglers overlap, my #1 jungler is jax so that's 2 birds with 1 stone. Adc is also another one where you really only need 2-3 even in higher elos.

Ori is Really a must know for mids, she's like Morgana who can essentially win team fights single handedly, but doesn't rely on the other team not knowing how to flash or hard CC after burning her shield.
I'd say Katarina, Orianna, ahri, Cassiopeia, and anivia are all AP's everyone should know well at some point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba0315 View Post
Ziggs is a ton of fun to play, but he isn't really a competitive pick. His damage out put isn't that reliable and his scaling isn't even great.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:26 AM #1318
PBloler
I'm a...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psybuster View Post

man i should play morgana again, i haven't seen a morg in like 3-4 months. how the mighty have fallen.
She's become a popular support recently. I'd rather have her as a support than mid on my team because she can pretty much just black shield a carry then suicide ult and you still have an AP carry doing damage the whole time.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:41 AM #1319
DJ Bob (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud9 View Post

If you think you would like Ziggs, try Syndra instead. Similar gameplay, more damage and cc, more fun to play.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:44 AM #1320
PBloler
I'm a...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Bob View Post

If you think you would like Ziggs, try Syndra instead. Similar gameplay, more damage and cc, more fun to play.
And with a way higher skill cap.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:51 AM #1321
orvilleredenbachers
buy my ****

Annual Supporting Member
orvilleredenbachers is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
orvilleredenbachers is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psybuster View Post
when I first started playing in October 90% of games had a morgana mid. the most recent one I have seen was the last pick in a draft instalocked morgana and said support even though we had a karma supporting already and I was our mid lane as TF. Speaking of I just bought him and have only played 1 game but he seems like a ton of fun. also started playing jarvan recently and he is hilarious to play with his ult
Old 01-29-2013, 10:31 AM #1322
Sand6452
Lainway Sports Rep

Annual Supporting Member
Sand6452 plays in the PSP
Sand6452 supports Bob Gurnsey
Sand6452 is an NCPA player
I just really enjoy being a 6 stacked cho or a support nid with massive ap in lowelo blinds and spearing the heck out of the adc.

Wilkes University Paintball
Old 01-29-2013, 12:44 PM #1323
azhector

Quote:
when I first started playing in October 90% of games had a morgana mid. the most recent one I have seen was the last pick in a draft instalocked morgana and said support even though we had a karma supporting already and I was our mid lane as TF. Speaking of I just bought him and have only played 1 game but he seems like a ton of fun. also started playing jarvan recently and he is hilarious to play with his ult
yea i remember morgana being one the 6 bans no matter what, sometimes even over a blitz ban.
TF is a ton of fun, his ulti lets you do so many plays people dont expect. Jarvan is an underrated champ in my opinion, strong late game and great engage, especially with an ori or malphite to pair his ulti