Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 10:33 PM #1219
Psybuster

Annual Supporting Member
Psybuster is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkorAVALS View Post
I'm getting to that point with a few champions that I play (Teemo, Kha'zix, Cho'Gath). I just want to experiment with more characters before I get into ranked.

If anyone wants to play, my account is SlavaRussky.
I play a mean Cho'Gath. I'll play him as carry, tank, support, or jungler.
sent a friend invite

---
My Gaming Videos: Fyrieus Youtube
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2013, 12:39 AM #1220
PBloler
I'm a...

PBloler owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PBloler is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by azhector View Post

Thats a smart thing to do; the best way thing to tell if you're ready is if you pretty much pubstomp every normals draft game you do.
If you stomp normals your "hidden elo" goes up. It works the same as ranks, if you hit a groove and carry up a couple hundred elo you will get to a point where you dont stomp every game.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:14 AM #1221
azhector

azhector is playing at Living Legends VI
azhector owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
azhector has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
azhector is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkorAVALS View Post
I'm getting to that point with a few champions that I play (Teemo, Kha'zix, Cho'Gath). I just want to experiment with more characters before I get into ranked.

If anyone wants to play, my account is SlavaRussky.
I play a mean Cho'Gath. I'll play him as carry, tank, support, or jungler.
that's a good starting list, generally you want 3 champs/lane you're good at that aren't banned a lot; so you shouldn't jungle with like lee/amumu/malph because most of the time you'll only have 1 option if any. I feel like ADC is the exception since it's less counter picking and more comfortability, but again there may be times where people ban MF or Ez so jus be ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBloler View Post
If you stomp normals your "hidden elo" goes up. It works the same as ranks, if you hit a groove and carry up a couple hundred elo you will get to a point where you dont stomp every game.
I know it's a hidden elo, but there was like a 2 month time span where I was winning like 80% of my games, started ranked and had like a solid 1.3k to start, then I did normal drafts again and it seemed like my normal elo was adjusted because it was even matchups.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:39 AM #1222
DJ Bob (Banned)

heimer is hidden OP, nerfs incoming as soon as a pro catches on
Old 01-21-2013, 09:44 AM #1223
pballler2269

pballler2269 helped look for balloons
Have any of you ever played Kayle mid? Due to the skin release, shes became a popular pick the past few days. In season 3, Kayle is extremely strong (as an AP). I usually start with E, Q, W, and then max the E. Pick up the ult when available of course. My build usually goes something along the lines of Sorc Boots, Rageblade, Nashor's Tooth, Liandrys (so strong because Q provides a slow). By that time, the game is usually over. After that, you should either build a warmogs or a deathcap.

The notes for the next PBE patch were released. They introduced an item that is great for mid game AP carrys. I forget what its called, but it builds into Zonyas. It is Clothe Armor (2) and Amplifying Tome (1). They also reduced health given from Giants belt (from 400 to 380), Reduced price of Frozen Heart, Nerfed black cleaver again (5% reduction with a maximum of 5 stacks vs 6.25% reduction with a maximum of 4 stacks, and also took down the health.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:56 AM #1224
azhector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pballler2269 View Post
Have any of you ever played Kayle mid? Due to the skin release, shes became a popular pick the past few days. In season 3, Kayle is extremely strong (as an AP). I usually start with E, Q, W, and then max the E. Pick up the ult when available of course. My build usually goes something along the lines of Sorc Boots, Rageblade, Nashor's Tooth, Liandrys (so strong because Q provides a slow). By that time, the game is usually over. After that, you should either build a warmogs or a deathcap.

The notes for the next PBE patch were released. They introduced an item that is great for mid game AP carrys. I forget what its called, but it builds into Zonyas. It is Clothe Armor (2) and Amplifying Tome (1). They also reduced health given from Giants belt (from 400 to 380), Reduced price of Frozen Heart, Nerfed black cleaver again (5% reduction with a maximum of 5 stacks vs 6.25% reduction with a maximum of 4 stacks, and also took down the health.
I saw it on the qualifiers often. I think it's level q first, rush nashors, and you're pretty much the strongest laner. I want to say the only time I saw AP Kayle lose the lane was against an anivia by getting outplayed early
Old 01-21-2013, 10:04 AM #1225
pballler2269

Getting out played by a good Anivia is not hard to do, especially in competitive play where the mid laner almost always has blue. The last game I played was as Kayle support, started with my Q. Got the AD carry FB double kill. Ended up with a very early Philo and Kages. After that it was complete dominance bot lane. I skilled up my Q and W equally and there was literally no escape. The W is great because it is not only a heal, but also a run speed boost. Q and then exhaust is almost a guaranteed kill. Kayle is a great champion and i'm pretty happy i'm taking the time to learn her.

Next up is Rengar. I bought him a couple of weeks ago after the nerf assuming he'd be buffed again, and boy was I correct. Rengar is very strong in both the jungle and top lane at the moment.

Did any of you guys see Gambit Gaming (M5)'s armor shred comp? Renekton+Xin was extremely strong. Renekton's dash instantly reduces armor by 35% and both him and Xin had a cleaver. They literally melted a singed with 300+ armor and 4k health (in ult) like it was a glass cannon leblanc. It really is amazing to see new team comps formed.

How would you counter an armor shred team? The entire team were AD casters/bruisers. You're not going to out damage them when their target has literally no armor. Building health just isn't efficient, especially with the incoming Giant's Belt nerf. I'd love to see how other pro teams respond.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:14 AM #1226
Impy912

im guessing just split push or heavy poke

Old 01-21-2013, 10:36 AM #1227
pballler2269

Other thoughts: DFG Kayle+Soraka would be extremely strong.

Edit:

Kayle Top
Katerina Mid (with DFG of course)
Soraka support
Draven ADC
Amumu jungle

gg

Last edited by pballler2269 : 01-21-2013 at 10:43 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:15 AM #1228
azhector

Quote:
Other thoughts: DFG Kayle+Soraka would be extremely strong.

Edit:

Kayle Top
Katerina Mid (with DFG of course)
Soraka support
Draven ADC
Amumu jungle

gg
didnt want to copy the other message but the only way to stop armor shred teams is health, it might not be "effective" but stacking armor is useless. another way to counter is to have strong poke and disengage with like a jayce and janna, but that only really stalls them out. pretty much anything to not have a straight up team fight is all you can really do to such an all in comp like that.

biggest problem with that comp is you have no front line past amumu. have an olaf or malph or noct on the other team and gg teamfights
Old 01-21-2013, 12:50 PM #1229
Impy912

all you need to build anymore is health regardless of comp. Armor is essentially useless with all the cleavers people get, and if you have enough health to survive the AP's burst you are fine

Old 01-21-2013, 12:56 PM #1230
PBloler
I'm a...

Quote:

Kayle mid is OP and became popular before the skin release because koreans started playing it. Build is generally nashors > sorc shoes > liandrys > deathcap > situational. Also max Q first because it has 100% AP scaling and increases the slow when you level it meaning you will get more autos in while harassing in lane. AP kayle is so strong that they are actually nerfing nashors next patch.

Syndra is the new hidden OP champ. Upon release she was utter **** but now after so many patches of buffing her she is really strong with a high skill cap. She has so much potential to out play people with stuns and her ability to cast Q while moving/auto attacking. She might be in for a nerf in a couple patches if the DFG buff that is currently on the PBE goes through (up from 100 AP to 120 AP and reduced cost).

Last edited by PBloler : 01-21-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:25 PM #1231
pballler2269

I'll have to give that build a try.

Thoughts on Nocturne jungle at the moment? I'd say its fairly strong and the ult is priceless.

Last edited by pballler2269 : 01-21-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:50 PM #1232
Impy912

as long as you dont build noc straght damage he is great

Old 01-21-2013, 05:54 PM #1233
azhector

Quote:
I'll have to give that build a try.

Thoughts on Nocturne jungle at the moment? I'd say its fairly strong and the ult is priceless.
Not the best starter, but if you aren't going against an aggressive jungler he's strong. Biggest downfall is first rank of his ulti. Cool down is forever

What about trundle? He's making a comeback and is great against bruises cause of the damage steal or whatever.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:44 PM #1234
PBloler
I'm a...

Quote:

Not the best starter, but if you aren't going against an aggressive jungler he's strong. Biggest downfall is first rank of his ulti. Cool down is forever

What about trundle? He's making a comeback and is great against bruises cause of the damage steal or whatever.
Alot of bruiser top laners and junglers are super strong right now since you can build bruta into warmogs and become unkillable while putting out tons of damage. Noc and trundle both fit that item patch really well. Luckily warmogs is getting a nerf soon.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:03 PM #1235
DJ Bob (Banned)

doesn't trundle steal a percentage of armor/mr? That would be bad because people are only building health.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:59 PM #1236
azhector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Bob View Post
doesn't trundle steal a percentage of armor/mr? That would be bad because people are only building health.
http://leaguepedia.com/wiki/Trundle_-_The_Cursed_Troll
i was talking about his q, didnt realize his ulti did the same things. either way though to stealing 60% of his bonus AD at rank 5 is pretty damn strong. especially when you figure bruisers and casters can get around 300 ad in the average match.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:56 PM #1237
raidenssj10
I feel all...warm inside

raidenssj10 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
raidenssj10 supports Team VICIOUS
raidenssj10 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Anybody else like 3v3 much more than 5v5? The game length is much better to me. I hate having to commit to 45 minutes just to play a game.

Utah Jazz
University of Utah Utes, KC Royals, Real Salt Lake, Green Bay Packers, Nashville Predators

Владивосток, Россия
Old 01-21-2013, 08:58 PM #1238
azhector

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidenssj10 View Post
Anybody else like 3v3 much more than 5v5? The game length is much better to me. I hate having to commit to 45 minutes just to play a game.
i like the flow of the game, but i dont like how imbalanced it is. its nice how its not as snowbally since there is so much roaming and easy to make mistakes. kind of like arams
Old 01-21-2013, 09:25 PM #1239
raidenssj10
I feel all...warm inside

raidenssj10 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
raidenssj10 supports Team VICIOUS
raidenssj10 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
i like the flow of the game, but i dont like how imbalanced it is. its nice how its not as snowbally since there is so much roaming and easy to make mistakes. kind of like arams
Imbalanced how?

Utah Jazz
University of Utah Utes, KC Royals, Real Salt Lake, Green Bay Packers, Nashville Predators

Владивосток, Россия
Closed Thread