PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 10:02 AM #1030
DJ Bob (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhector View Post
If you have to carry every game, you're not in elo hell. It means you used to suck and you haven't had the TIME to get out. Also keep in mind how lanes snowball, a lot of people don't want to mess up. So if no lanes get an advantage early, they don't fold early. (in lower elos atleast). It's more annoying to hear the guys complain they carry games, when in all reality they are got snowballed from other people.
Not complaining that I'm in elo hell, but you're wrong.

You get a limited number of placement matches that have a huge effect on your elo, and if you get AFKers or feeders then, it doesn't mean you're less skilled than the guy that got carried through them. And not having the time to get out doesn't make it any less of an elo hell.

I'm aware of how lanes snowball. If you're a passive player that wins lanes in cs but tends not to snowball out of control, then you won't have as much of an effect on the game as your teammate that feeds early, and that happens a lot.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-27-2012, 11:59 AM #1031
azhector

azhector is playing at Living Legends VI
azhector owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
azhector has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
azhector is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Bob View Post
Not complaining that I'm in elo hell, but you're wrong.

You get a limited number of placement matches that have a huge effect on your elo, and if you get AFKers or feeders then, it doesn't mean you're less skilled than the guy that got carried through them. And not having the time to get out doesn't make it any less of an elo hell.

I'm aware of how lanes snowball. If you're a passive player that wins lanes in cs but tends not to snowball out of control, then you won't have as much of an effect on the game as your teammate that feeds early, and that happens a lot.
So you get screwed over and get a ****ty elo to start, if you don't deserve that elo; you'll be trending upwards instantly. Simple as that. It's proven being passive does nothing, if not hurt. You won't be as willing to fight, you probably won't be as likely to group, and 1 jungle gank that turns into a kill or two+dragon and that 20 minute farm fest is now in the other team's favor.

You're also throwing out the term feed too readily. So I get denied the first creep wave, and get turret dived l1 with 0 CS and now I'm 3 waves and a kill behind. My fault I can't lane now? Its up to the team to step up and help, because it's next to impossible to throw that lead away.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:09 PM #1032
white0ninja69
Jake

white0ninja69 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
white0ninja69 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
white0ninja69 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
white0ninja69 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
i just started playing LoL a few days ago, so far my favorite champion to p[lay with is Udyr. I've been experimenting with many different builds and i was just wondering what you guys would suggest for build.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3916516
Old 12-27-2012, 05:08 PM #1033
freddyt

freddyt plays in the PSP
freddyt is playing at Living Legends III
freddyt owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
freddyt supports Team VICIOUS
i started out this season getting trolled and just not trying as hard on my second account, going from like 1600 to 1300 in the first 20 or so games. But after another 40 or so games im back to 1600. it just takes time

also what the hell happened to ahri? no matter how well i play i cant really carry games as easy as i used to. im 4-7 with her and i average a 8-2 k/d with a **** ton of cs

also whoever said you need 10+ rune pages is a retard. everyone ignore what he said. you dont need more than 2 to hit 2k lol. 10+ pages would be nice, but unless youre playing arranged at a really high level, you dont need more than 5.

Last edited by freddyt : 12-27-2012 at 05:18 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:37 PM #1034
DJ Bob (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyt View Post
i started out this season getting trolled and just not trying as hard on my second account, going from like 1600 to 1300 in the first 20 or so games. But after another 40 or so games im back to 1600. it just takes time

also what the hell happened to ahri? no matter how well i play i cant really carry games as easy as i used to. im 4-7 with her and i average a 8-2 k/d with a **** ton of cs

also whoever said you need 10+ rune pages is a retard. everyone ignore what he said. you dont need more than 2 to hit 2k lol. 10+ pages would be nice, but unless youre playing arranged at a really high level, you dont need more than 5.
unless you play one position you need 10+ to be nearly ideal for a decent champ pool
Old 12-28-2012, 01:46 AM #1035
bubba0315

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
unless you play one position you need 10+ to be nearly ideal for a decent champ pool
this. a lot of champs will share rune pages but when you start overlapping different roles with the same rune pages, you're doing it wrong. especially in solo/carry roles, if you're not using the right runes, you're only setting yourself behind the other carry.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:47 AM #1036
memoon
Moon Penguin

memoon supports Team VICIOUS
memoon is reppin' sidebar 4 life
memoon plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
I disagree. I have 4 rune pages.....one ad, one jungle, one generic ap, one generic support.

Worst case: I suffer a bit less MR or armor. Whoop-de-doo. Just for giggles, I played several matches without any runes at all. It made early game significantly ****tier, but end-game was negligible. Having a set of runes on that beefs up your armor, magic resist, ap/ad/pen is really all you need to be effective. It won't put you into elite status, but you don't need to shell out a bunch of real life dollars to compete at a reasonable level. Even then, you can get by with a handful of rune pages if you only play one position...which is pretty common in 5-man ranked.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:40 AM #1037
DJ Bob (Banned)

Even as a top laner there are champs/matchups where you benefit greatly from having AD, movespeed, or flat regen quints. That's 3 pages right there and that's not even considering AP tops.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:14 AM #1038
azhector

azhector is playing at Living Legends VI
azhector owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
azhector has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
azhector is a top reviewer
Also there's pages where you need to beef up like when yorick was strong and you had to run a ton of armor or people like cho who has multiple ways to build and play.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:16 AM #1039
dualimpact
I'm A Hypocrite

dualimpact helped look for balloons
Pages
1. ADC(Phys)
2. ADC(ARPen)
3.APC
4.APC(Caster) - mana regen
5.AP(Health Reg) - hp regen
6.AD Top
7.AP Top
8. AD Jungle
9. AP Jungle
10. Support
11. Tank Support
12. Jungle Tank (avatrice quints)
13. Hybrid (jax)
14. Nasus

You don't NEED more than 5 pages but it sure as hell helps.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:09 AM #1040
Impy912

anyone who thinks 1 page per role is good enough is a idiot. Different matchups call for different rune setups

Old 12-28-2012, 11:59 AM #1041
freddyt

freddyt plays in the PSP
freddyt is playing at Living Legends III
freddyt owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
freddyt supports Team VICIOUS
i have two rune pages. ad and ap. you dont need **** except runes for junglers. and i dont really like jungling soooooo
Old 12-28-2012, 04:44 PM #1042
DJ Bob (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyt View Post
i have two rune pages. ad and ap. you dont need **** except runes for junglers. and i dont really like jungling soooooo
Then you're playing with stats that are far from ideal in the majority of your games.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:20 AM #1043
Psybuster

Annual Supporting Member
Psybuster is a Supporting Member
^ I agree/disagree with the above statement. If you are playing against someone who is equally skilled as you are or better; you will want to run the most ideal rune page setup, so you don't get stomped. Since the game is all about taking small advantages and snowballing it from there.

If you are facing against someone who is much worse than you are, running less than ideal rune pages is just fine. I rather pickup 2-3 more champs than to finish out 1 rune page.

Matchmaking is all dependent on what side the pendulum is swinging on. When people are 1600 elo calling 1200-1300 elo people trash, that 1200-1300 elo can be just as good as that 1600 person. You get lucky/unlucky with how the pendulum swings. Which is why I don't understand why people rage so much in ranked queue. I don't even bother with ranked cause it's less fun than normal draft. A magical number shouldn't be a sole factor of making other people's gameplay experience unenjoyable.

---
My Gaming Videos: Fyrieus Youtube
Old 12-29-2012, 01:47 AM #1044
memoon
Moon Penguin

memoon is reppin' sidebar 4 life
memoon plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psybuster View Post
^ I agree/disagree with the above statement. If you are playing against someone who is equally skilled as you are or better; you will want to run the most ideal rune page setup, so you don't get stomped. Since the game is all about taking small advantages and snowballing it from there.

If you are facing against someone who is much worse than you are, running less than ideal rune pages is just fine. I rather pickup 2-3 more champs than to finish out 1 rune page.

Matchmaking is all dependent on what side the pendulum is swinging on. When people are 1600 elo calling 1200-1300 elo people trash, that 1200-1300 elo can be just as good as that 1600 person. You get lucky/unlucky with how the pendulum swings. Which is why I don't understand why people rage so much in ranked queue. I don't even bother with ranked cause it's less fun than normal draft. A magical number shouldn't be a sole factor of making other people's gameplay experience unenjoyable.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:01 PM #1045
Sand6452
Lainway Sports Rep

Annual Supporting Member
Sand6452 plays in the PSP
Sand6452 supports Bob Gurnsey
Sand6452 is an NCPA player
Question for you guys, with talking to some of the people I play with and watching streams. I've seen static shiv replace PD in some cases. How do you guys feel about that? Worth it or is PD better?

Wilkes University Paintball
Old 12-29-2012, 08:56 PM #1046
DJ Bob (Banned)

Obviously PD is better single target damage lategame but shiv is cheaper and a better early game item. If there are 4-5 people around it gives you more DPS but less on a single target.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:48 AM #1047
PBloler
I'm a...

PBloler owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PBloler is attending Decay of Nations VI
I just want to touch on elo hell since I missed that conversation. It is frustrating and I think it really does exist but my definition may be less extreme than others. It is a place where no matter your skill you cannot carry your teammates because their bad play outweighs your good play. I at one point (and deservedly so) was at 860 elo season 2. It does exist down there but even then you can get out, I just played pre nerf DFG eve and got silver in a week. Sometimes it does feel like it exists outside of 900 elo range but it's just bad luck up there. More often than not when you are above 1k elo your teammates are decent enough for you to carry if you are truly good.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:37 PM #1048
Sand6452
Lainway Sports Rep

Annual Supporting Member
Sand6452 plays in the PSP
Sand6452 supports Bob Gurnsey
Sand6452 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Obviously PD is better single target damage lategame but shiv is cheaper and a better early game item. If there are 4-5 people around it gives you more DPS but less on a single target.
So for longer games definitely go with the PD?

Wilkes University Paintball
Old 12-30-2012, 04:42 PM #1049
DJ Bob (Banned)

If it gets to the point where you have enough gold to sell your Shiv for PD and are at full build, I would do it every time.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:26 PM #1050
venice empire77
_________

venice empire77 plays in the PSP
venice empire77 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Just hit 30 after playing the game on/off basically since it came out.
People in ranked are easily 2-3x worse than in normals.

But only on my team
Closed Thread