PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 07:09 PM #526
Bob Sinclar (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dualimpact View Post
Again a 5v5 is only going to show whos better if everyone on both teams are equal, which I have never seen, ever.

You can play the same champ its called custom games and thats how you 1v1.

So lets summarize what weve learned

1. AP ez cant be played bot
Bull**** I've done it
-Yet to be expanded upon

2. You cant 1v1 witb the same champ
-Yes you can

3. 5v5 shows who is better of two players
-No it shows who's better of 5 players

4. AP carrys have to be played mid
-Nope

5. Some champions counter others
-No ****

6. Losing your lane doesn't impact the game
-Yes it does
1- you're stupid
2- 1v1 is stupid
3- it shows who performs better by analyzing someone'e gameplay, not by looking at what team wins. 5v5s over a long period of time show how good an individual is.
4- pretty sure i didnt say this.
5- you're still stupid
6- other things can have a larger impact
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-30-2012, 07:11 PM #527
dualimpact
I'm A Hypocrite

dualimpact helped look for balloons
Ill be home in 20 min tell you what play a game with me and tell me I belong at 800 since thats the only argument anyone has.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:13 PM #528
Bob Sinclar (Banned)

I would but you're distracting me from studying for my two physics exams tomorrow. maybe another time.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:14 PM #529
dualimpact
I'm A Hypocrite

K I'm sure you have alot of trolling to do elsewhere.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:15 PM #530
PBloler
I'm a...

PBloler owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PBloler is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Ill be home in 20 min tell you what play a game with me and tell me I belong at 800 since thats the only argument anyone has.
Are you at 800 because you failed placement matches when you weren't ready to play ranks like I did? Well if that's true then you should be well above 800 after hundreds of games. I haven't played as many games as you and I'm on a steady climb out of "elo hell". I think that once you have 500 ranked games played that is where you belong.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:24 PM #531
Boatacious

I really don't see why anyone even acknowledges impact by this point. The one game I did play with him was months ago and he dc or some **** during the game with a few other pbnationers. Just read his posts, he has such the mindset of a sub 1k elo player. Never his fault always teammates faults. Never lose lane but loses games bc of teammates. All these oddball champs and builds work but he cant play it bc teammates always troll. He is there bc he deserves to be there. Getting out of that elo is not hard. And since it seems like we need to post our profile to be credible i will throw mine in as well.http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/21698979 .
Old 10-30-2012, 07:26 PM #532
dualimpact
I'm A Hypocrite

I hovered around 1k for 3-4 months after my placements (yes I wasnt ready) and had a streak of afkers taking me to 800 and every other game has had afk so I will win almost every game thats 5v5 but that doesnt happen and if you've been to 900 you know what I'm talking about, when I hover over Mt teammates in the post game lobby 3/5 will have less then 30 ranked games. These factors keep me from climbing.

My top pre the reset was 1250 but the reset shoved me further into elo hell for season 3
Old 10-30-2012, 07:31 PM #533
PBloler
I'm a...

Quote:
I hovered around 1k for 3-4 months after my placements (yes I wasnt ready) and had a streak of afkers taking me to 800 and every other game has had afk so I will win almost every game thats 5v5 but that doesnt happen and if you've been to 900 you know what I'm talking about, when I hover over Mt teammates in the post game lobby 3/5 will have less then 30 ranked games. These factors keep me from climbing.

My top pre the reset was 1250 but the reset shoved me further into elo hell for season 3
Well I probably shouldn't acknowledge him like the previous post said but...
Yes I was in the 900s. Your point of trolls and afk's are invalid. You should (and there is no reason that this doesn't make sense) have an equal number of games with trolls/afks on your team as you have games with trolls/afks on their team. That means there is an equal number of "guaranteed" wins and loses. When both teams are full strength and without trolls you should win if you deserve to be higher elo.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:31 PM #534
Boatacious

I dunno I've carried two accounts from 800 to 1400 for friends so they could have silver before they changed the brackets. Now you just have to be at your keyboard for 2/3rds the game to get silver
Old 10-30-2012, 07:38 PM #535
dualimpact
I'm A Hypocrite

So that would take 80 games at +15 elo a game assuming you win every game.

Somehow what doesn't seem likely.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:43 PM #536
azhector

azhector is playing at Living Legends VI
azhector owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
azhector has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
azhector is a top reviewer
Link us like 5 games that you played (don't choose your good games, 5 straight) and we can decide if you deserve your elo or not. This is how I look at myself and my friends essentially say the same:

Laning mechanics (positioning, CS, obvious stuff)- where I'm at give-slightly above (so like 950-1100 range)

Fighting in lanes (pokes, trade damage, global presence, etc) below my elo (I'd say 850-900)

Knowledge of champs/limits- averages out to my elo since I don't know bruisers well but know "meta bot lane" well

Teamfight mechanics/fighting (same as laning+map awareness) above my elo, so again like 1100 tops

Overall knowledge (comps, how to shut down people,picking out mistakes etc) is better when I'm not playing significantly but on elo for when I'm playing

But do I think I should be higher then 950-1000 range? Not really, because I know my top lane and jungle is awful, but I can't blame my teammates for having me go there since I know it's pick order>call order. So I can only practice those two things and get better pages and more knowledge and hopefully move up in s3
Old 10-30-2012, 08:07 PM #537
dualimpact
I'm A Hypocrite

This is why I blame my teammates, because It's thier fault. I was winning my lane in cs, no kills or deaths until my team fed, all of my deaths came from defending the staircase tower while getting dove when it was 3v5 (leona fed them because top afked)

So how do I carry this guys?

EDIT: my mouse covered it but i was lvl 12
Old 10-30-2012, 08:11 PM #538
PBloler
I'm a...

Quote:
This is why I blame my teammates, because It's thier fault. I was winning my lane in cs, no kills or deaths until my team fed, all of my deaths came from defending the staircase tower while getting dove when it was 3v5 (leona fed them because top afked)

So how do I carry this guys?

EDIT: my mouse covered it but i was lvl 12

You don't. You take this loss knowing that you will eventually get this elo back for free when the enemy has an afk. This WILL and HAS happened, don't say it hasn't. You carry the games when there are no afks.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:13 PM #539
dualimpact
I'm A Hypocrite

Yeah it happened the last 2 ranked games I played before this and I won those, carried them actually.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:18 PM #540
Boatacious

Pick champs that carry solo queue.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:22 PM #541
dualimpact
I'm A Hypocrite

If Cass cant carry I dont know who can.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:25 PM #542
Boatacious

She can with a competent team. Their is your problem it seems you are living in an old meta or something along those lines. You want a mid that can clear fast roam fast to top or bot and clear jungle creeps fast. Also you want a mid with good escapes or long range to farm.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:27 PM #543
PBloler
I'm a...

Quote:
If Cass cant carry I dont know who can.
She can but not like pre nerf eve. Cass requires good communication from the team to do as much damage as possible and position your ult correctly. Pre nerf eve and rengar could just engage, instagib a carry, escape, then run right back into the team fight ripping everyone else apart. There are better solo que carries than cass atm. Diana and a well played kat are free elo if you don't have an afk. (Which funny enough I went 9/2 as Diana but I had my first afk in a long time and lost lol)
Old 10-30-2012, 08:42 PM #544
Bob Sinclar (Banned)

You don't even need to carry. I gained 150 elo with strictly Nunu.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:11 PM #545
azhector

azhector is playing at Living Legends VI
azhector owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
azhector has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
azhector is a top reviewer
20CS isn't much of a lead... Also, if ahri has 5 kills then it doesn't sound like you were showing much presence, if you are just freezing the lane or something while she roams, setting her slightly back (assuming for no kills) sets your team back even further. And was she feeding or just got beat? There is a massive difference
Old 10-30-2012, 09:24 PM #546
dualimpact
I'm A Hypocrite

Leona fed first blood before minions came, then at 5 min gave a double kill to a gank. Rengar was afk as soon as he died at lvl 4 so we didn't have time to farm they immediatly started 5 man diving.
Closed Thread