Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2012, 06:06 PM #505
dualimpact
I'm A Hypocrite
 
dualimpact's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 817
dualimpact helped look for balloons
That still shows who has the better team.

Go look up some pro videos you will notice they will 1v1 because it shows who is the better of the 2 players.

And you still haven't told me why I'm wrong.
__________________
SIG
GOES
HERE
dualimpact is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-30-2012, 06:12 PM #506
PBloler
I'm a...
 
PBloler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ohio six one four
PBloler owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PBloler is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by dualimpact
That still shows who has the better team.

Go look up some pro videos you will notice they will 1v1 because it shows who is the better of the 2 players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sinclar
You don't seem to understand that the decisions you make with a team are what makes you a good player.

As long as you have your mindset you will remain at 800 elo.
Once again ^
Do you think there is a reason why teams (pro or not) pick champs that aren't necessarily the best 1v1? It's because the game isn't won in the lane.
PBloler is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 06:20 PM #507
Bob Sinclar (Banned)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
you're wrong because youre 800 elo
Bob Sinclar is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 06:24 PM #508
dualimpact
I'm A Hypocrite
 
dualimpact's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 817
dualimpact helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBloler View Post
Once again ^
Do you think there is a reason why teams (pro or not) pick champs that aren't necessarily the best 1v1? It's because the game isn't won in the lane.
I guarantee if you lose your lane it will greatly impact the outcome of the game, because the other player will have gold/XP advantage and is now free to roam so explain how the two have no correlation.
__________________
SIG
GOES
HERE
dualimpact is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 06:33 PM #509
PBloler
I'm a...
 
PBloler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ohio six one four
PBloler owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PBloler is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by dualimpact View Post
I guarantee if you lose your lane it will greatly impact the outcome of the game, because the other player will have gold/XP advantage and is now free to roam so explain how the two have no correlation.
Winning a lane is so radically different than a 1v1. Also a good 1v1 champ doesn't automatically win the lane in a team environment. Ganks from the jungler and mid obviously have an impact on who wins the lane. And a good player is determined by how they play on a team. There are many different attributes that make a good player and one of those is communication.

The only thing that 1v1's show who wins the lane without ganks from teammates and without having to worry about other fundamentals of the game such as warding for ganks.
PBloler is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 06:37 PM #510
dualimpact
I'm A Hypocrite
 
dualimpact's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 817
dualimpact helped look for balloons
Yes they show who is the better of the 2 by showing who makes mistakes and who can punish for thise mistakes, it only took you an hour to figure that out.

And we're not talking about 1v1 champions idk where you got that from.
__________________
SIG
GOES
HERE
dualimpact is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 06:38 PM #511
Bob Sinclar (Banned)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
lol what a troll
Bob Sinclar is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 06:39 PM #512
azhector
 
 
azhector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NJ
azhector is playing at Living Legends VI
azhector owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
azhector has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
azhector is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBloler View Post
I meant in the top lane, and he doesn't have an escape since you won't be able to get your ulti off most likely in a gank. You don't need an escape to play an AP top, I was just listing examples
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBloler View Post
Ya sure we can 1v1 top or mid but it still doesn't show much. No jungler. Do you want your ranked team to scrim with mine this weekend? Oh wait...
1v1 means next to nothing, it'll really come down to the champs and their 1v1 scaling. You can just have an hour game and use builds that will never work in games since there's only 1 person your counter picking against and not 5. Anyone can just build high armor/mr with a **** load of health, it's not hard.
__________________
skrillex sucks. period.
azhector is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 06:43 PM #513
PBloler
I'm a...
 
PBloler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ohio six one four
PBloler owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PBloler is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by dualimpact View Post
Yes they show who is the better of the 2 by showing who makes mistakes and who can punish for thise mistakes, it only took you an hour to figure that out.

And we're not talking about 1v1 champions idk where you got that from.
Lol? We aren't talking about 1v1 champions when you are talking about 1v1ing? That is the most illogical thing I've heard all day. When I said that 1v1's prove who is better without ganks from teammates and without having to worry about other fundamentals I was saying 1v1's don't mean ****. In a 1v1 you have to worry about maybe half of the aspects of a REAL 5v5 game.

Of course if they had had ranked 1v1's you would be diamond, but they don't so you are 821.
PBloler is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 06:43 PM #514
dualimpact
I'm A Hypocrite
 
dualimpact's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 817
dualimpact helped look for balloons
In a 1v1 you use the same champ



5v5 wont show whos better because of teammates.

Learn you some science, its called variables and they will ruin your experiment. That's why they use a control and thats exactly what a 1v1 is.
__________________
SIG
GOES
HERE

Last edited by dualimpact : 10-30-2012 at 06:46 PM.
dualimpact is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 06:44 PM #515
bubba0315
 
 
bubba0315's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: wisco
 has been a member for 10 years
**** got real
bubba0315 is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 06:47 PM #516
PBloler
I'm a...
 
PBloler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ohio six one four
PBloler owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PBloler is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by dualimpact View Post
In a 1v1 you use the same champ

Lol, that is all
PBloler is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 06:48 PM #517
dualimpact
I'm A Hypocrite
 
dualimpact's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 817
dualimpact helped look for balloons
I'm pretty sure you have downs.

Edit: Yes I instalock teemo becaise hes the best.
__________________
SIG
GOES
HERE
dualimpact is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 06:53 PM #518
PBloler
I'm a...
 
PBloler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ohio six one four
PBloler owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PBloler is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by dualimpact View Post
I'm pretty sure you have downs.
You can't even ****ing pick the same champ as someone on the other team in a real game. I understand your point of variables but then there are the other variables such as runes and masteries. And there is the fact that we can just counter build each other when in a real situation you have to build to account for 9 different people instead of one.

Sorry I didn't want to resort to name calling, but I think it takes someone with a true mental disability to lose 8 games in a row at any elo. And I have been to elo hell and back so don't tell me it's because troll this and feeder that.
PBloler is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 06:54 PM #519
azhector
 
 
azhector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NJ
azhector is playing at Living Legends VI
azhector owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
azhector has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
azhector is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by dualimpact View Post
In a 1v1 you use the same champ



5v5 wont show whos better because of teammates.

Learn you some science, its called variables and they will ruin your experiment. That's why they use a control and thats exactly what a 1v1 is.
Think about this- olaf vs Mundo in the top lane (first two champs I thought of)
Olafs build in 1v1- probably Mercs, executioner sword, maybe Maw, warmogs, ga, maybe mallet or another warmogs. I don't know either champs extremely well so I'm just throwing out items, this probably isn't the best item list.
so focus on pure mr and damage with healing reduction since its Mundo
Real game build- mogs, ga, maybe nature, ninja tabi, maybe reverie. Most of these ate maybes because it's all Situational

Please tell me you can see a major difference in those builds
__________________
skrillex sucks. period.
azhector is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 06:56 PM #520
freddyt
 
 
freddyt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
freddyt plays in the PSP
freddyt is playing at Living Legends III
freddyt owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
freddyt supports Team VICIOUS
**** it. 1v1 me dualimpact
freddyt is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 06:57 PM #521
PBloler
I'm a...
 
PBloler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ohio six one four
PBloler owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PBloler is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyt View Post
**** it. 1v1 me dualimpact
Yours gottas to BEr Da Serm chAmpr Brecauser its Scrinecne xpErrrmint.
PBloler is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 07:01 PM #522
dualimpact
I'm A Hypocrite
 
dualimpact's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 817
dualimpact helped look for balloons
Again a 5v5 is only going to show whos better if everyone on both teams are equal, which I have never seen, ever.

You can play the same champ its called custom games and thats how you 1v1.

So lets summarize what weve learned

1. AP ez cant be played bot
Bull**** I've done it
-Yet to be expanded upon

2. You cant 1v1 witb the same champ
-Yes you can

3. 5v5 shows who is better of two players
-No it shows who's better of 5 players

4. AP carrys have to be played mid
-Nope

5. Some champions counter others
-No ****

6. Losing your lane doesn't impact the game
-Yes it does
__________________
SIG
GOES
HERE

Last edited by dualimpact : 10-30-2012 at 07:07 PM.
dualimpact is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 07:02 PM #523
freddyt
 
 
freddyt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
freddyt plays in the PSP
freddyt is playing at Living Legends III
freddyt owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
freddyt supports Team VICIOUS
1v1s dont matter. one 5v5 doesnt really matter that much either. hundreds of solo queue games resulting in an 800 elo does matter though lol
freddyt is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 07:06 PM #524
PBloler
I'm a...
 
PBloler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ohio six one four
PBloler owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PBloler is attending Decay of Nations VI
Plus your average K/D/A is horrible. Winning your lane every game is sure to result in positive K/D/A right?
PBloler is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 07:07 PM #525
azhector
 
 
azhector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NJ
azhector is playing at Living Legends VI
azhector owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
azhector has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
azhector is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by dualimpact View Post
Again a 5v5 is only going to show whos better if everyone on both teams are equal, which I have never seen, ever.

You can play the same champ its called custom games and thats how you 1v1.
I play better in team fights then I do laning... Does this make me an awful player cause I'm probably going to lose a 1v1 to an 800 elo player? Cause I'm pretty sure just holding my ground in the laning phase or maybe losing by like 500-1k gold in the lane doesn't mean they will carry harder because they might not be in position or dive senselessly when it matters the most. Cause I've seen 20k gold deficits because of comps based only on the 5v5 team fights

Also, what about buff/jungle distribution, gold spent on wards, jungler forcing you to stay off farm, jungler filling so you don't get a free turret? In a 1v1 you can take red and have a massive advantage, but you don't get that in 5v5 where it's realistic
__________________
skrillex sucks. period.
azhector is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump