Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 01:19 PM #211
Impy912

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintnoob13 View Post
No, they just ran a million+ dollar tournament without soundproof booths and with the main screen in view of the players. Then you have the fact that they didn't even make the games on LAN. They're owned by tencent, they have the money. This is such a huge joke. When the International was going on all I heard was "just wait until S2 finals"... yeah, that turned out well.
You realize SC2 isnt on LAN either right, and that game runs tournaments fine. The first time the stream went down, both own3d and twitch were completely down as well, so there may have been some outside issues there.

Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-07-2012, 01:25 PM #212
azhector

azhector is playing at Living Legends VI
azhector owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
azhector has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
azhector is a top reviewer
you dont have to run a tourney on LAN, but if you are going to use wifi; don't let your servers crash, that is all

edit- this game is still full of idiots, they think darius and yorick rape everything top and i tell them to just ban jayce. they go on to say how ****ty jayce is, then that game he goes 10-1 and want me to believe its just luck

Last edited by azhector : 10-07-2012 at 01:44 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:02 PM #213
Impy912

im sure having 550k simultaneous viewers NOT counting china/korea may put just a little bit of strain on internet lol

Old 10-07-2012, 02:29 PM #214
venice empire77
_________

venice empire77 plays in the PSP
venice empire77 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Jesus christ. There is nothing that they could have done to prevent this or know that this would happen. They did the absolute best they good at the time of the incident.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:04 PM #215
azhector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impy912 View Post
im sure having 550k simultaneous viewers NOT counting china/korea may put just a little bit of strain on internet lol
but they have had tourneys reach like 750k viewers, and that was only qualifiers...
Quote:
Originally Posted by venice empire77 View Post
Jesus christ. There is nothing that they could have done to prevent this or know that this would happen. They did the absolute best they good at the time of the incident.
they couldve spent the extra money for better server systems, better security, LAN>wifi, better ruling on the game at its current standing... they could have also had TV's on delay; so there is a **** load of things they could have done and chose not to for the cash it required
Old 10-07-2012, 03:10 PM #216
venice empire77
_________

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhector View Post
but they have had tourneys reach like 750k viewers, and that was only qualifiers...

they couldve spent the extra money for better server systems, better security, LAN>wifi, better ruling on the game at its current standing... they could have also had TV's on delay; so there is a **** load of things they could have done and chose not to for the cash it required
Yeah the extra money. Because everyone knows the spot out in front of Staples is just chump change. And flying players parents out, and buying food for everyone who decided to stay to keep watching.

People legit ***** way to much, the internet went down. Something they really couldn't have controlled at all. If what they did worked previously for 750k viewers (Your words) then why would they think they need to upgrade anything at all if it worked last time?
Old 10-07-2012, 03:14 PM #217
azhector

Quote:
Originally Posted by venice empire77 View Post
Yeah the extra money. Because everyone knows the spot out in front of Staples is just chump change. And flying players parents out, and buying food for everyone who decided to stay to keep watching.

People legit ***** way to much, the internet went down. Something they really couldn't have controlled at all. If what they did worked previously for 750k viewers (Your words) then why would they think they need to upgrade anything at all if it worked last time?
Riot has millions and millions of dollars, they should be able to put off a flawless event.

They did have stream problems at that mark though, and it was a LAN tourney, so you would expect the final tourney with higher demographics would have much more viewers and run smoother
Old 10-07-2012, 07:50 PM #218
Psybuster

Annual Supporting Member
Psybuster is a Supporting Member
People do have the right to complain, why? You hype up the tournament for over half a year, advertising $2 million dollars at stake. There should be much better planning to put in safeguards to prevent this many issues from occurring, it's not just the restarts but many issues or even speculation:

-Little amount of teams competing for a world championship (imagine the World Cup having only 16 teams)
-Poor groupings for group stage
-Lottery system for group stage (How WE and TPA got the group stage bye)
-Drawing system for matchups in quarter finals
-Poor stage design (light reflection which caused delays, blatant cheating looking at the minimap to the side of the players [minimap wasn't even behind them])
-Bo1 for group stage, Bo1 would only work well if more than 3 games were played. Why would you switch from Bo3 [or Bo5 in Korea] in every other tournament this season to Bo1?

etc..etc..etc..

Just kind of irritating, because stuff like this will hinder esports in the future. Not only do you have spectators complaining, you also have players complaining.

---
My Gaming Videos: Fyrieus Youtube
Old 10-07-2012, 08:26 PM #219
azhector

That would actually have been pretty cool to have a larger tourney or even like a "division" system, so pros who didn't qualify play in it.

But I do understand why they can't really do that, LoL isn't set up like PSP where all events are really equally important. In PSP heat could probably not even show up and still finish top 3 overall, where LoL is kind of saying "you waited all year, who is the REAL best team" which I think is a better system for gaming because the game is ever changing and the ability to adapt to the change and be more creative is huge. Where sports is more who become the best at doing 90% of the same thing over and over.

Pro paintball players could have been training on how to play speedball for 10 years and it be pretty much the same sport. Where look at league where even season 1 was completely different from season2, and you are talking maybe a year of time

Either way how teams did in qualifiers should show up and be rewarded for it and they shouldn't have switched how many games to be played for the championships
Old 10-07-2012, 11:55 PM #220
Impy912

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkEye Hats View Post
do you have any proof that it was wifi? I find that hard to believe.
this

Old 10-07-2012, 11:59 PM #221
venice empire77
_________

Lol it wasn't on wifi.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:56 AM #222
Dyepaintball088
Tyler Collins

Dyepaintball088 plays in the PSP
Dyepaintball088 plays in the APPA D2 division
But they prob had a password -_-
Old 10-08-2012, 06:26 AM #223
azhector

We already discussed that they were stupid and didn't run a LAN tourney... Now I'm not sure if they had a separate network for the players or what, but everyone had problems

Edit-read the bold on the first post of this page
Old 10-08-2012, 03:15 PM #224
dualimpact
I'm A Hypocrite

dualimpact helped look for balloons
So ive heard ez is getting a nerf after the finals will trist finally be god tier if ez is no longer?
Old 10-08-2012, 03:54 PM #225
venice empire77
_________

Fed trist is already god tier.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:28 PM #226
ieatpaintfolife
D-Brizzown

ieatpaintfolife owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ieatpaintfolife is for the Gunfight
ieatpaintfolife supports Bob Gurnsey
ieatpaintfolife supports Pev's Paintball
ieatpaintfolife has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fixed my usb port. I can league once again.

VForce Profilers
Old 10-08-2012, 05:38 PM #227
PBloler
I'm a...

PBloler owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PBloler is attending Decay of Nations VI
Is Orianna worth the IP? I see her carry in higher elos but is she as effective in lower elos?
Old 10-08-2012, 05:58 PM #228
dualimpact
I'm A Hypocrite

dualimpact helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBloler View Post
Is Orianna worth the IP? I see her carry in higher elos but is she as effective in lower elos?
Extremely high skill cap, but also very hard to use. Her auto attack animation is really hard but she has good ratios and alot of utility.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:51 PM #229
PBloler
I'm a...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dualimpact

Extremely high skill cap, but also very hard to use. Her auto attack animation is really hard but she has good ratios and alot of utility.
I just like how her ult can turn the tide of team fights or initiate them like malph's or morg's but she is never banned.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:29 PM #230
azhector

Ori is probably the best mid for team fights, an her whole kit works amazing with malph, Leona, Amu and really anyone else with an aoe CC, and with max CDR she has so much poke pre-engage. Not to mention how helpful the vision is.

So I had this ezreal today (who managed to start 2-0 like 3m in the game) tell me I should never get a BT on sivir to start or any adc (this is after I ****ted on him laning) and was trying to convince me LS is overrated overall and he only lost 2v2 fights cause of his nunu; not because I had a Janna shield+q w damage and about 400more hp and about 25% LS vs his none. He also got mad at sej ganking like twice the whole laning phase (20m or so), I really wish people could hear how dumb they are
Old 10-08-2012, 11:03 PM #231
PBloler
I'm a...

I bought Ori and wow, hands down the most difficult champ i've ever played. Most champs in the game just take knowledge to play. If you know what their abilities do and when to use them then you should be fine with most of the champs ive played. Not the case with Ori. I started off well, shutting down Kat in lanning phase, out farming her, and snagging an early tower. Once i got into team fights though I just forgot to keep an eye on my ball so sometimes i would be using my W or ult right on top of myself instead of on the enemy team. I also didnt go for max cdr which was a mistake.
Closed Thread