Aaron

Annual Supporting Member
They Call Me Rain owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
They Call Me Rain supports Team VICIOUS
They Call Me Rain is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
They Call Me Rain is Legendary
They Call Me Rain is Boss
They Call Me Rain supports Empire
Hey, Americans only get food stamps because of Obama. "Hey, here's a free handout!"

obamasbad.jpeg
Old 03-30-2013, 12:46 AM #1998
jamest91

jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by They Call Me Rain View Post
Hey, Americans only get food stamps because of Obama. "Hey, here's a free handout!"

obamasbad.jpeg
well you figure a little over half of the US voted for Obama and half are on food stamps... lol
Old 03-30-2013, 01:02 AM #1999
gamesondemand
NYANNYANNYANNYANNYANNYAN!

gamesondemand helped look for balloons
gamesondemand plays in the APPA D3 division
Doesn't matter how the people voted, it's how the electoral college votes. Those mother****ers hold the true power in choosing our president.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:04 AM #2000
jamest91

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamesondemand View Post
Doesn't matter how the people voted, it's how the electoral college votes. Those mother****ers hold the true power in choosing our president.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:22 AM #2001
gamesondemand
NYANNYANNYANNYANNYANNYAN!

gamesondemand helped look for balloons
gamesondemand plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
How is it possible for the electoral vote to produce a different result than the nation-wide popular vote?

It is important to remember that the President is not chosen by a nation-wide popular vote. The Electoral College vote totals determine the winner, not the statistical plurality or majority a candidate may have in the nation-wide popular vote totals. Electoral votes are awarded on the basis of the popular vote in each state.

Note that 48 out of the 50 States award Electoral votes on a winner-takes-all basis (as does the District of Columbia). For example, all 55 of California’s Electoral votes go to the winner of the state election, even if the margin of victory is only 50.1 percent to 49.9 percent.

In a multi-candidate race where candidates have strong regional appeal, as in 1824, it is quite possible that a candidate who collects the most votes on a nation-wide basis will not win the electoral vote. In a two-candidate race, that is less likely to occur. But, it did occur in the Hayes/Tilden election of 1876 and the Harrison/Cleveland election of 1888 due to the statistical disparity between vote totals in individual state elections and the national vote totals. This also occurred in the 2000 presidential election, where George W. Bush received fewer popular votes than Albert Gore Jr., but received a majority of electoral votes.
Taken directly from a government website.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:33 AM #2002
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

has been a member for 10 years
Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
And yet that doesn't mean votes don't matter, it's just not a DIRECT vote. The Electors listen to their states voters.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Old 03-30-2013, 01:49 AM #2003
jamest91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex17 View Post
And yet that doesn't mean votes don't matter, it's just not a DIRECT vote. The Electors listen to their states voters.
this. popular vote equals electoral vote. you can count the amount of times an electoral vote went different than its popular vote on one hand. why? u gonna re elect a guy who voted opposite wat the majority of your state voted for? nope.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:10 AM #2004
SYSTEM
Notomated

SYSTEM is a Mega Moderator
SYSTEM is a Supporting Member
SYSTEM donated to help Peyton Trent
SYSTEM supports Bob Gurnsey
Thread has over 2000 posts. Continue here: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3958127
This SYSTEM user account is not controlled by a person. It's primary function is to automatically split large threads. System also masks the identity of staff members who give infractions. If you have a question, or if SYSTEM becomes self-aware, please post it in the Talk to Mods/Admins section.
Closed Thread