Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 10:35 AM #1555
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsilman View Post
Never had a workout partner and barely talk to people at the gym crew checking in.
Same here, and like SW, I get most of my motivation from ST:F. I think most workout partners are tend to be more of a distration than actual help, unless you find someone really "hardcore". Most of the ppl with partners at my gym seem to focus more on conversation that actual lifting. I think I actually do beter without someone spotting me, it's easier for me to focus on the weight without some random person standing over me.

BTW, who doesn't look forward to going "heavy"? That's my favorite part, I dread the volume work. Beating a max on the main lift is what gets me exicted to go to the gym, if I was only doing light work I prob wouldn't even want to get out of bed.

"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2013, 10:58 AM #1556
hsilman
Disgustipated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Revolution View Post
BTW, who doesn't look forward to going "heavy"? That's my favorite part, I dread the volume work. Beating a max on the main lift is what gets me exicted to go to the gym, if I was only doing light work I prob wouldn't even want to get out of bed.
It's true that making a PR with heavy weight feels the best, I think. However, I don't dislike rep PRs, and I need them to mark progress with LEMUR.

I definitely don't get psyched up like I do for a heavy single/double though, that's for sure.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:38 PM #1557
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

has been a member for 10 years
Even when SW and I lifted, we didn't really do the same ****. He checked and corrected my form, we bull****ted between sets, but it wasn't like screaming in each other's faces to get a rep or anything. But it was better than working alone because those things got fixed.

Also, I really...REALLY want to go to the gym. Still have lung congestion and a bit of a cough though. Head is meh from all the coughing too.

It's been like, 5 days since I've lifted :|
Old 01-30-2013, 01:49 PM #1558
monkeyhobo28436
rr.

monkeyhobo28436 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
I enjoy working out with a partner. I think because he's way bigger and stronger than me it helps motivate me to go the extra step I may not have gone by myself. Like yeah we have a set routine, but sometimes he will force me to do like a surprise super-set or burnout set that I wasn't planning on doing. And then there's those days when I start getting tired and wanna cut out a set at the end of my workout but I don't because he's still pushing me.

Also he gives me a second opinion on my exercise selection and form etc.

Inb4 homo joke
Old 01-30-2013, 04:21 PM #1559
Dirtybirdy51
Fuark!

Dirtybirdy51 is a Paintball photographer
pull "power" day

back is all sorts of tight from sitting at my computer, doing taxes, at work.

deadlift- 365x5x4, x1 (pissed that i missed getting all 5x5. staying at this weight next week)
single arm low cable row- 65(kg)x5x5
bb curl- 70x8x3
cable pulldowns 68(kg)x5x3

suggestions for stretching out my back after being at a desk all day?
Originally posted by Black Angus: "So, apparently, if you post in the mountain climbing thread that you enjoy climbing because you can fap off the top of the mountain and watch your *** fly in the wind, you get banned."
AUD- passed, REG- passed, BEC- passed, FAR- scores due 3/10
Old 01-30-2013, 04:40 PM #1560
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

Child's pose
Cat/Cow stretches
Third world squat
Downward dog, keeping heels parallel

Also...going to go do chest today...think I'm well enough for that at least.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:14 PM #1561
tanner202

Lower Power
Squat (first time doing this since my shifted sacrum, worked up to an easy 305x3)
DL (started Berkhans RPT) 415x3 365x5 315x10 (need to up weight)
Seat Calves 3 sets
LP 2x10
Ly hamcurl 2x10
Standing Calves 2sets
Leg Extensions 2x10

Encountered a lvl 83 mega douche (DYEL status) today. Just got done doing seated calves and was switching plates from that machine to the Leg Press which is right next to it. Kid walks over from the incline bench and told me he was using that. I respond with "Using what?" as I had no idea what he was talking about and he points to the calf machine. Tells me I took his plates but whatever, he will go across the gym to grab more (sarcastic tone). I respond with a simple "whatever man" and he tells me not to do it again or there will be trouble. I about snapped his ****ing neck after that comment. Had never seen him before and he was a good 50 pounds lighter than me so Im not sure where that audacity came from. He proceeded to do 2 half assed sets and then **** around on a few other leg machines before leaving. God damn

"Originally posted by pillowpants: i dont know how to decipher this chart, then again, i do go to a community college."
"Originally posted by Mr.AmaZiN: did you just use an apostrophe for want?"
"Originally posted by pb123456789: Or call her a **** and proceed to textrape her."
"Originally posted by dualimpact: They haven't walked in on me but they know, I'm a screamer."
Old 01-30-2013, 07:13 PM #1562
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

Felt weak in the gym. Probably from the 3-4 days of sick, barely eating, coughing my lungs up, and feeling like I'm dying.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:06 PM #1563
Hawke

179.4lb BW upon waking today.

Dead hang chin-ups +85x2 for PA, +65x8 as next set. Both new highs for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_Taco View Post
Felt weak in the gym. Probably from the 3-4 days of sick, barely eating, coughing my lungs up, and feeling like I'm dying.
Get yourself ananti-biotic man (if you haven't)
Old 01-30-2013, 09:49 PM #1564
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
That's pretty ****in beast
Old 01-30-2013, 10:04 PM #1565
The Wizard
BossPlaya.345

The Wizard has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The Wizard has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Nice chinups. 14 dips @+45 for a PR for me

"Originally posted by Menace: my dad works for nasa and has a laser detector that reflects the laser back at the cop and makes his gun explode."

"Originally posted by ClawHammer: STI's are handed down by god himself, NOTHING is faster then an STI."
Old 01-31-2013, 11:11 AM #1566
Hawke

Thanks.

I told Harry in his log thread that I was going to drop down to +60lbs but I decided that since I could get +70x5-6 (pretty dirty motion though), I would just keep progressing up. Since then (~Jan 8th), my first set following the PA has gone up 10lbs and the reps have hit a new high. I guess pushing the PA to new highs forced the top set to follow as well.

Last edited by Hawke : 01-31-2013 at 11:14 AM.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:39 AM #1567
monkeyhobo28436
rr.

woke up coughing & sneezing, tons of phlegm in my throat. felt like ****, went to the gym @ 7am before class

and just as you would expect, was weak as hell in the gym. I was bulking pretty dirty the past couple weeks and still not making any progress, gonna stay strict and clean this week - timing it LG style. hoping I get better soon and after a week of a clean bulk diet if I still can't make progress next chest day I'm gonna have to switch up the routine. although i'd suspect the higher caloric intake from being dirty would be better for strength gains but just feeling it out this week to determine what I do next.

not made bench progress in over a month. stuck at 235x6 as my max flat bb set and incline db's has dropped from 100x6 to 100x4 (sometimes 5)

Last edited by monkeyhobo28436 : 01-31-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:47 AM #1568
Smart Parts Player12

Get some Palmolive in that food.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:50 AM #1569
hsilman
Disgustipated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawke View Post
Thanks.

I told Harry in his log thread that I was going to drop down to +60lbs but I decided that since I could get +70x5-6 (pretty dirty motion though), I would just keep progressing up. Since then (~Jan 8th), my first set following the PA has gone up 10lbs and the reps have hit a new high. I guess pushing the PA to new highs forced the top set to follow as well.
Jesus. You're blowing me out of the water now. Definitely mirin.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:00 PM #1570
monkeyhobo28436
rr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart Parts Player12 View Post
Get some Palmolive in that food.
will do

Old 01-31-2013, 01:56 PM #1571
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner202 View Post
Encountered a lvl 83 mega douche (DYEL status) today. Just got done doing seated calves and was switching plates from that machine to the Leg Press which is right next to it. Kid walks over from the incline bench and told me he was using that. I respond with "Using what?" as I had no idea what he was talking about and he points to the calf machine. Tells me I took his plates but whatever, he will go across the gym to grab more (sarcastic tone). I respond with a simple "whatever man" and he tells me not to do it again or there will be trouble. I about snapped his ****ing neck after that comment. Had never seen him before and he was a good 50 pounds lighter than me so Im not sure where that audacity came from. He proceeded to do 2 half assed sets and then **** around on a few other leg machines before leaving. God damn
lol. You should have just busted out laughing at him when he made the trouble comment. Kid seems like a *******.

Poor man, living a rich life
"Lay your facts by the side of every-day practices of this nation and you will say with me that, for revolting barbarity and shameless hypocrisy, America reigns without a rival." -Frederick Douglass
Old 01-31-2013, 04:27 PM #1572
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

Bats make the world a better place. To find out how and sponsor them, click here.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:44 PM #1573
Smart Parts Player12

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyhobo28436 View Post
will do

Nah really though, it's a stupid distinction that is just going to cause more harm than good.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:52 PM #1574
monkeyhobo28436
rr.

you're right it might be a silly distinction but i think i got my point across, past couple weeks I wasn't tracking anything and was consuming non-ideal nutritional sources for an unnecessary caloric surplus. Now I'm planning on logging my food and staying with the traditional bodybuilder "staple" foods that are of better quality.

yeah this might be bro-science blah blah blah maybe theres no real difference but either way my previous diet had to go.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:17 PM #1575
Squirrelly Wrath
Crush Your Enemies

Squirrelly Wrath supports Team VICIOUS
Anyone else had some of the most savagely intense lifts of their life when their sick/deliriously tired?

Genetics.
Closed Thread