Old 09-25-2012, 02:04 AM #127
ZeR0 EVOlution
.2Ω dual coil, son

ZeR0 EVOlution is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
ZeR0 EVOlution is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by ]TSS[ Dake View Post
In all fairness I didn't even read what he said, I just know that he was promising us abs by December a few years back and has established himself over and over as a know-it-all pompous ***.

Pretty sure that's a good start. Just started LeanGains, and this is the first time I've ever, ever seen my abs. Aiming for ottermode. I cycle at the end of the day, so strength is my goal. Bench two plates, squat three, deadlift four. Realistic goals.

Edit: I'm on Lean Gains 20/-20 14/10 right now, concentrate on macros, etc. I've learned a lot over the course of the last few years. A lot has changed. I still don't want to go after hypertrophy, but I watch a lot of videos by Mark Rippetoe (say what you want of SS, it was a fantastic beginner program for me and better than SL5x5 based on scheduling alone), Jim Wendler, and a few from Ronnie Coleman and others. I really, really love the gym. It's my life. I don't have the same goals as y'all, but a lot of what I said comes from knowing I was wrong. People grow. I'm 25 now, I was 22 when I made those posts.

Give people a chance.

Edit 2: Starting to incorporate shrugs tomorrow to help with my severely underdeveloped traps (asked /r/Fitness for advice, definitely stay away from /r/AdvancedFitness for the sole reason that I'm not at that level yet). I also am working on my lats to get a taper, but have issues with pull-ups. For now, I concentrate on barbell rows and lat pull-downs. I don't want to stray too far from compound lifts just yet, I'm definitely not experienced enough to start putting together an isolation routine. I'm still learning. But my form is my pride and joy. I take pride on squatting below parallel without butt-wink, and especially my deadlift form after hurting my back.

I learned to just listen to the pros. I wasn't born knowing everything, and learn something new everyday.

Edit 3: And for the picture, that was the first night I ever noticed that I had abs. Excited doesn't even begin to cover how it felt seeing those guys for the first time. But I ****ing got them. And a 6-pack will be here soon enough.

Edit 4: I'm not a douche bag anymore (I pray I'm not, anyway). That came from having lost my weight and being thin for the first time ever. I'm back to being a computer nerd. I stay on the internet, and am seeing a steady girl. I don't go out clubbing or drink alcohol anymore. No more refined sugars or simple carbs. I quit smoking cigarettes, too. Electronic cigarettes and.. well.. we'll stick with saying e-cigs are my only vice. The other is bound to get me infracted or banned. If you want to make fun of me, that's cool. I deserve it. It's really easy to lose respect, and really hard to gain it. At least give me that much.
46/0/0

C'est une grande habileté que de savoir cacher son habilité.

Last edited by ZeR0 EVOlution : 09-25-2012 at 02:48 AM.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:58 AM #128
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

Paintnoob13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
What in the ****...
Old 09-25-2012, 08:17 AM #129
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_angus View Post
Tl;Dr: Also, quit sitting so ****ing much.
Once you start working you'll see why this is easier said than done.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:55 AM #130
FHS JewFro
black AND white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintnoob13 View Post
What in the ****...
srs dear diary
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: You guys are ridiculous, haha. Thanks though, just tryna look like a shaved ape. And the half foot of height Lurk has in me will always make my physique less impressive :tup:"

"Originally posted by WorldStrike: Drop the ego. The weights on the bar will lie to you, the mirror never will."
Old 09-25-2012, 08:59 AM #131
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_Taco View Post
Get yourself a kneeling chair.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:06 AM #132
ZeR0 EVOlution
.2Ω dual coil, son

ZeR0 EVOlution is a Supporting Member
ZeR0 EVOlution is reppin' sidebar 4 life
And the award for "most socially awkward forum that is completely incapable of discussing any matter with more than a few words and slap on the ***" goes to....

It's an introduction, folks. It's a process. And sometimes those take more than three words.
46/0/0

C'est une grande habileté que de savoir cacher son habilité.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:14 AM #133
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

I remember why I don't like you
Old 09-25-2012, 09:19 AM #134
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

Quote:
Get yourself a kneeling chair.
Quote:
This is easier said than done.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:32 AM #135
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

HS shoulder press: 95s, 105s, 120sx9
DB laterals: 25s 30s 35sx11
BTH BB press: 110x19
BB shrugs: 335 8, 8, 16
Prone ham curls: stack 12, 12, 14
Hack squats: 4pps 3x5
LP: 5ppsx16

Quote:
I remember why I don't like you
Made me lol IRL

"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Old 09-25-2012, 09:39 AM #136
FHS JewFro
black AND white

had shoulders/tris yesterday

delts feel like they are progressing slowly, which is all i can ask.

tris on the other hand feel like they are blowing up in strength from weighted dips, did +20lbs for RP sets and still got awesome reps. i think instead of jumping to +25lbs next week ima just slap a 2.5 on there to make it +22.5lbs so hopefully progression does not slow up any time soon.

did my usual hypertrophy sets via lurker extensions, did an extra set to get a ridic pump. decided to go to the locker room and break the tape measure my arms felt so swole. 16 inch arms are officially mine! and thats with only a tricep pump, no bicep pump. super stoked about that, man i love bulking
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: You guys are ridiculous, haha. Thanks though, just tryna look like a shaved ape. And the half foot of height Lurk has in me will always make my physique less impressive :tup:"

"Originally posted by WorldStrike: Drop the ego. The weights on the bar will lie to you, the mirror never will."
Old 09-25-2012, 10:07 AM #137
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

if those are abs I'll still have abs at 230

Bats make the world a better place. To find out how and sponsor them, click here.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:10 AM #138
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

I'm rockin a 10 pack right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeR0 EVOlution View Post
Give people a chance.
Don't you mean second chance?

Last edited by Pump Revolution : 09-25-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:30 PM #139
theDJ
puzzling

Over the past few weeks my strength has dropped, but size is staying the same imo. I don't train for strength but I am worried about it's possible implications and well, i do enjoy lifting heavy **** as much as the next guy. BB Bench has dropped 10lbs and my db shoulder press is getting fewer reps every week with the same final weight. The only thing that has changed is that I have gotten cleaner on my diet lately, whereas before I went a month or 2 without tracking it 100%, so theres a possible slight caloric difference from that over the past couple weeks.

My current goal is a "recomp", so while I am riding a fine line with my caloric intake, I do still want to get bigger. Should I keep at it and not worry, or switch to a different program, try something new? Open to suggestions
Old 09-25-2012, 12:45 PM #140
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

I'd imagine that incrementally adding calories would be a good thing to try. How's your weight been?
Old 09-25-2012, 12:56 PM #141
theDJ
puzzling

This morning fasted i'm @ 183lbs, 5'10. I'm still wanting to lean up a bit though, my abs are barely becoming visible and i'd like to at least keep them visible and keep muscular definition throughout my physique while still putting on size however slowly. My current caloric intake is about 2400/2200 on lifting and off days respectively, although i just very recently started tracking it again so over the past month it could have been anywhere. Possibly that's too low though? Mind you I am an ecto and used to be obese so I'm a little more cautious when increasing caloric intake.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:08 PM #142
Smart Parts Player12

Lol at Jamie ******stein attacking people who sit at work.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:26 PM #143
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Quote:
I sit in school more than I do at work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart Parts Player12 View Post
Lol at Jamie ******stein attacking people who sit at work.
...it's universally accepted that sitting is one of the worst things you can do for your overall hip mobility/low back health. Jamie is far from the only person who holds that opinion.
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:37 PM #144
Smart Parts Player12

Considering most people don't perform manual labor for a living, sitting is a necessary evil.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:39 PM #145
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

I'm gonna back up Anus on this one; sitting is by far the worst thing one can do for their back/life. For me at least, prolonged sitting bothers my back more than most physical exercises do.

Ari, I think it mainly refers to people who sit all day. Sit going to work, sit at work and don't get up, sit at desk to eat lunch, sit some more, sit going back to work then sit when they're at home. All the while not stretching, getting up every now and then and walking around, etc.

I ran about 2 miles today...horrible time and felt horrible. But back felt fine.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:54 PM #146
theDJ
puzzling

let's look at two different situations:

consume 2800kcal/day and burn an additional 300kcal from cardio every day; versus eating 2500kcal/day and not doing cardio.

calories-in vs. calories-out they're equal. I do however understand the numerous benefits pertaining to cardiovascular and overall health from doing cardio.. however simply looking from a perspective only concerned with one's physique, would one of the two situations have any real benefit above the other? I've always wondered this.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:57 PM #147
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Lol, I've asked this before.

Closed Thread