Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-14-2012, 10:59 PM #1
LethalO

Help with firing issue

ok so I am new to having a cocker but I have other markers. The issue I am having is when I air my cocker up and pull the trigger the back part pushes back then forward but no shot, I and do this about three times before it fires. Sometimes it 4 times, 2 times before it fires. Any idea to why it won't fire?

Dangerous Powers
ANSgear.com
LethalO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-15-2012, 06:58 AM #2
basementN3k0
THAT COCKER/PUMP GUY...

basementN3k0 supports Pev's Paintball
basementN3k0 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
basementN3k0 is Boss
It's out of sync/timing.
Feedback~ PBN +97/0/0|Ebay +67/0/0
DP G3 SE|Bob Long G6R|CCM S5|2K4 Cocker|WGP Ranger|SFT/NXT Shocker|Gearbag Sale|My markers|Remz F/S
basementN3k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:28 AM #3
Tempted (Banned)

Timing.
Tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:29 PM #4
LethalO

Ok I will try it, kinda disappointed bc the store where I got it from said they timed it. But I guess it's good gives me time to play and learn. Thanks for ya'lls help

Dangerous Powers
ANSgear.com
LethalO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 02:21 PM #5
Dk-79
SCHWING!

has been a member for 10 years
You'll want to make sure your lug is catching the sear.

With the marker degassed (no air), pull on the cocking rod below the bolt. It should catch the sear with a nice firm click, and the trigger should drop the sear within the first 1/4 of the trigger pull.

If the cocking rod isn't catching anything when you pull it:

1. Remove the bolt
2. Using a 1/8 in. allen key, adjust the sear lug through the little hole in the top of the body behind the feedneck. (You'll want to make sure the marker is not cocked, and you may need to fenagle the cocking rod to get the lug and key to line up.
3. Lower the lug 1/2 turn at a time, then try to cock it. If it still doesn't catch, go 1/2 turn again and again until it does. Checking between each.

Once the sear is catching, adjust it so that it trips and drops the hammer easily, but that the safety still functions without dropping the hammer.

Loosening the screw will make the hammer drop sooner in the trigger pull, Tightening it will make it drop later in the pull.

Next is the LPR, it sits below the ram and is usually the largest thing on the front block.

With air this time, hold down the trigger and see if the back block goes all the way back. The best way is to set the LPR to 0, and slowly up it until the back block begins to move back (still holding the trigger here).

Once the back block reaches is rearmost point, add an 1/8th or a 1/4 turn more, just to keep it off the bare minimum.

Then it's three way time. The three way controls your recocking point by channeling air from one end of the ram to the other. This on/off point of the switch needs to be timed in relation to the sear dropping the hammer, and it also plays a role in making sure the sear catches reliably.

You've already got your sear timed, so your firing point should resemble something like this:

|--F---R--|

With "F" being the firing point, and "R" being the recocking point.

Pull your trigger slowly with air and see where it's at. The adjustment collar on the three way shaft with change the recocking point either forward or backward.

If you have a hinge frame, moving the collar toward the tip of the barrel with make the marker recock sooner.

With a hinge, forward is backward.

I know that's a lot to take in, but hope it helps. Good luck.
Dk-79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:07 PM #6
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

from what it sounds like, the hammer lug just needs a little adjusting. pretty easy and straightforward to do, dk-79 gave a pretty spot on guide to tuning, so if it needs more than that just follow it.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:25 PM #7
Powkoa

The way I check the lug is similar. With no air, pull the cocking rod back, let go of it. If it went all the way forward, your lug is too high. If it caught on the sear, and it can then dry fire, .you need to look for other culprits. I would try it a couple toned in a row to make sure.
If not, then.....Did the cocking rod loosen/back out? Did the bumper fall off the cocking rod so that now it won't go that fraction of an inch far enough back to catch the sear? Or I'd your timing off and it's cocking before it can fire?

Powkoa's old feedback
Powkoa is offline   Reply With Quote