Community Focus

Old 09-24-2012, 03:19 PM #169
blklight
Battle Rapping

blklight plays in the PSP
blklight plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiRtDoGg View Post
here is the video I said i was going to do.

Before and after is great, can even jump back and forth in the vid to hear the sound difference

PAINTBALL CLUB OF CHOCTAW
http://paintballclubofchoctaw.com
blklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-24-2012, 03:32 PM #170
NJEmortal
The i3 Guy

Annual Supporting Member
NJEmortal is BST Legit
NJEmortal posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklight View Post

Before and after is great, can even jump back and forth in the vid to hear the sound difference
no need to jump back and forth, go to the last 40 seconds or so of the video. We put in a sound comparison segment
NJEmortal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:05 PM #171
blklight
Battle Rapping

ah, totally missed that, nice job

Old 09-24-2012, 11:13 PM #172
buLLetprooF_EBJ
JBE

So its worth $100 because it makes it have a diffrent sound and theres slightly less kick?
buLLetprooF_EBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:53 PM #173
turnburglar
Mr. "iminitforthecheck"

turnburglar owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by buLLetprooF_EBJ View Post
So its worth $100 because it makes it have a diffrent sound and theres slightly less kick?
By that logic what makes a luxe worth it over a DP fusion?

$100 for a bolt/valve combo that reduces noise and kick, and increases effeciency is a good offering in this industry. The BW bolt does what? Costs how much? Bobs pillow bolt.... Adds a feature most guns have stock.... Pooty bolts? Meh. Don't even get me started on techt. When you buy an upgrade from a company like PE you KNOW it will work. They have resources and engineers that smaller companies cant afford. They can run as many prototype as neccesary without pressure to release and get those prototypes hundreds of cases in the hands of the pros. Lets see techt or pooty accomplish that!
Old 09-25-2012, 07:31 AM #174
CAOL_98
Ego User

CAOL_98 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
It's worth $95 to those who wish to squeeze every last bit of performance out of their ego 11/csl. If the player is satisfied with the stock gun, then their choice is justified in that they save themselves $95 in the process.
The kit allows the gun to shoot quieter, softer, easier on paint, and with greater efficiency. If those points appeal to you, you will be more inclined to afford the kit...if not, then spend your money on something that is more worth your time and stop wasting your time complaining about something that should never really have mattered to you in the first place.

"This sport transcends all expectations. I thank God for this gift and the friends I have made playing."
CAOL_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:46 AM #175
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAOL_98

It's worth $95 to those who wish to squeeze every last bit of performance out of their ego 11/csl. If the player is satisfied with the stock gun, then their choice is justified in that they save themselves $95 in the process.
The kit allows the gun to shoot quieter, softer, easier on paint, and with greater efficiency. If those points appeal to you, you will be more inclined to afford the kit...if not, then spend your money on something that is more worth your time and stop wasting your time complaining about something that should never really have mattered to you in the first place.

I want to do one of those Family Feud "Good Answer...Good Answer" claps after reading this lol

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:08 AM #176
blklight
Battle Rapping

Quote:

Old 09-25-2012, 09:28 AM #177
buLLetprooF_EBJ
JBE

wow...you guys really cling to PE's sack. I just got jumped for making one little comment...haha
buLLetprooF_EBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:50 AM #178
blklight
Battle Rapping

Quote:
wow...you guys really cling to PE's sack. I just got jumped for making one little comment...haha
I think more because the upgrade makes for a smoother shot while increasing efficiency. What else could you ask for?

Old 09-25-2012, 09:59 AM #179
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by buLLetprooF_EBJ
It's not that everyone is trying to "cling to PE's sack" but rather that we recognize the troll post. You've been on PBN long enough to know what you wrote is pretty much a pointless comment purposed to discredit the product. Especially when the price has already been discussed in this very thread.

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:31 PM #180
CAOL_98
Ego User

Quote:
I'm not trying to cling to anyone's sack...I actually have a lot of respect for just about every manufacturer on the market...I guess the thing that provokes a response from me is the disregard for news about specific gun related products, and the constructive posting that should be happening instead of "my gun is better because...", or "this product is a waste because..." I just view it as a waste of the learning process involved in the idea of this thread in the first place. Those of us who own or are interested in the dart kit, come here to see what people are finding out while installing or testing the dart kit. It's disheartening trying to search through all of the posts that do not belong to find those that actually matter. Does that make sense? If that makes me a PE nutsack hugger then so be it. I could write this same post in just about any gun thread regarding the hate and discontent there as well...it's no different, there will always be those type of posts...I just wish there wasn't because they offer nothing in return.

"This sport transcends all expectations. I thank God for this gift and the friends I have made playing."
Old 09-26-2012, 03:43 AM #181
mr Rockwell

mr Rockwell owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAOL_98 View Post
I'm not trying to cling to anyone's sack...I actually have a lot of respect for just about every manufacturer on the market...I guess the thing that provokes a response from me is the disregard for news about specific gun related products, and the constructive posting that should be happening instead of "my gun is better because...", or "this product is a waste because..." I just view it as a waste of the learning process involved in the idea of this thread in the first place. Those of us who own or are interested in the dart kit, come here to see what people are finding out while installing or testing the dart kit. It's disheartening trying to search through all of the posts that do not belong to find those that actually matter. Does that make sense? If that makes me a PE nutsack hugger then so be it. I could write this same post in just about any gun thread regarding the hate and discontent there as well...it's no different, there will always be those type of posts...I just wish there wasn't because they offer nothing in return.
Wow. Common sense is so rare these days. Thank you 4 this and your previous post
mr Rockwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:07 AM #182
DriverJ
Death is Coming...

Annual Supporting Member
DriverJ is BST Legit
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
DriverJ supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinopaintball View Post
can csl owners get it so the bolt doesnt stick out the back? eclipse, are you going to make them with the csl cut back? please, i want one. i would like to see a vid also from someone that gets it.
Doubt it'll happen like Soul06 said, but it would be really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvecchio View Post
The valve on the 11 stock are the LP valves that come with the SL's The HP valve was always the "extra" valve that came with them. The HP valve gave better efficiency. The valve for the new dart kit is the same size opening as the LP valve with the SL's or the same as the stock 11 (0.35 inches).
The HP Valve is not the extra valve, neither of the valves that came with the SL Ego's are the same as the stock ones (unless it has changed in the last generation). The stock Ego's came with an Mid-pressure / MP valve while the SL's came with HP and LP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmf1001 View Post
Here are some pics of the insert.

I'm hoping someone can machine a brass insert to make the bolt weight the same on the cure3+ because I'd like to be able to use my cure3+ from my CSL with this kit too.

Anyways. on to my observations....

I weighed the bolt compared to stock with no pin/plunger. This was last night and I can re-check the weight but as I recall the weight was 1gram on the dart bolt and 1/2 gram on the non dart bolt.

Gun: CSL
SFRs: 5/7 (stock)
LPR: 2 turns (stock)
Dwell: Stock
Mode PSP 12

Starting Air: ~3500 PSI (68/45)
Paint shot: 1300 (1/2 of it was 3 year old Basic Training that was dimpled as hell, the 1/2 was Empire custom blend for a local field)
Air left ~1000 PSI

I can't comment specifically on the sound because I was next to a brick wall when I was shooting and I've never fired my Cure3+ or Cure4 in the same conditions. I have a cell phone decibel meter, so I can try measurements with that when I'm at the field this weekend.

Efficiency is up from my previous settings, but I was using 1/7 and getting ~8 pods on a 68/4500 cooled to ~4000psi and since I changed the settings it's not the most meaniful measure, but could be somewhat indicative of what one would see.
Average was 295 fps

I felt like my cure4 was louder than my cure3+ in stock tests I did previously and felt the same in this case also, but didn't have a relevant comparison at the time.

The bolt was extremely good on the paint, I'd expect the quality of paint I shot to just shread in any gun, but it shot straight and consistent for being old and dimpled and I didn't break a single ball.

I'll come back with more thoughts after the weekend, but at this point I definitely like it and would recommend it based off of what I've seen so far.

Things I would want to see as possible additions:
Cure3+ Dart bolt
CSL cut Dart bolt
more Dart inserts (like the SLS kit, but brass of course)

that's it really.
DriverJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:51 PM #183
CAOL_98
Ego User

Awesome! Can't wait to see what happens on the 6th with my ego 11! Thanks for the thorough input!

Old 09-27-2012, 01:19 PM #184
bonusball024

bonusball024 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Does anyone know of a tuning guide for the D.A.R.T bolt kit yet?

I feel like the dwell should probably be dropped a bit, considering the velocity increase which is caused by a better seal in the breach from the orings.

The only thing I have noticed on my ego with dart is an increase in efficiency. It does not smooth out the least unless I drop my dwell.

Last edited by bonusball024 : 09-27-2012 at 02:05 PM.
bonusball024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:50 PM #185
Brules
MFCEO

Annual Supporting Member
Brules is Boss
Thread needs more posts of videos and efficiency data. Lets see it ppl!
Old 09-27-2012, 02:32 PM #186
bushhog750

bushhog750 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonusball024 View Post
Does anyone know of a tuning guide for the D.A.R.T bolt kit yet?

I feel like the dwell should probably be dropped a bit, considering the velocity increase which is caused by a better seal in the breach from the orings.

The only thing I have noticed on my ego with dart is an increase in efficiency. It does not smooth out the least unless I drop my dwell.
Have you lowered the sfr's or turned lpr screw in any at all.
bushhog750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:04 PM #187
bonusball024

bonusball024 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushhog750

Have you lowered the sfr's or turned lpr screw in any at all.
Yeah... I had the sfrs at the recommended smoothest setting. Rear SFR at 1; forward SFR at 7. My ego is pretty new maybe that is why but no matter how I tweak the rear SFR it doesn't change the shot at all. If I lower the front I can see the velocity drop, the balls don't shoot as far (no chronograph) so meh... IDK

Anyway another thing I am thinking is since the bolt is heavier it'll take more force to move the bolt so the front SFR can actually be ran higher than 7 with little ill effect on shot quality. When I got my marker back from PE (they teched my marker and installed my DART) they had the front SFR at 9 or 10 as well. I emailed NickyT about tuning and smoothness we'll see what he says.

Another thing about the LPR I read a quote from Jack Wood about tinkering with it... He said there is really no point as it won't create a change in the operation if the ego... It's best to leave it at 2 screws in or otherwise the optimal setting.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:11 PM #188
SouljaboyRI
Keep Calm and Flex On

SouljaboyRI plays in the PSP
SouljaboyRI owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
SouljaboyRI plays in the APPA D4 division
SouljaboyRI owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
i hope this works like it implies.
SouljaboyRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:24 PM #189
bushhog750

bushhog750 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonusball024 View Post
Yeah... I had the sfrs at the recommended smoothest setting. Rear SFR at 1; forward SFR at 7. My ego is pretty new maybe that is why but no matter how I tweak the rear SFR it doesn't change the shot at all. If I lower the front I can see the velocity drop, the balls don't shoot as far (no chronograph) so meh... IDK

Anyway another thing I am thinking is since the bolt is heavier it'll take more force to move the bolt so the front SFR can actually be ran higher than 7 with little ill effect on shot quality. When I got my marker back from PE (they teched my marker and installed my DART) they had the front SFR at 9 or 10 as well. I emailed NickyT about tuning and smoothness we'll see what he says.

Another thing about the LPR I read a quote from Jack Wood about tinkering with it... He said there is really no point as it won't create a change in the operation if the ego... It's best to leave it at 2 screws in or otherwise the optimal setting.
Huh.... I asked a tuning question to PE and I was told to turn it in half a turn and lower my sfr's by 1 a piece, I am running both of mine at 4/6 LPR 2.5 turns in and dwell at 14.5 on both. The older of my two 11's which has more paint thru it is far quiter than the new one though. The older one almost has a mechanical sound to it. Not the pop that the new one has. I'm hoping that over time and shooting more paint thru it that it will sound like the older one does now.
bushhog750 is offline   Reply With Quote