Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2012, 09:21 AM #85
jpmf1001
VIOLENT SERIES
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: midwest
Annual Supporting Member
jpmf1001 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
jpmf1001 works for a Paintball manufacturer
jpmf1001 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
jpmf1001 supports DLX Technology
Here are some pics of the insert.


jpmf1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-19-2012, 07:35 AM #86
Lt. Tank
What would you ask God ?
 
Lt. Tank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mexico, Mexico city
Lt. Tank owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
just thinking out loud..... no argument pleasse, no debate....

An LP valvue to make it even softer shooting but less efficient, 2 orings to compensate efficiency after make it softer and a weighted bolt to use innertia to gain so efficiency ..... just wondering how it shoots compare to a stock 11, hushed 11 and pooty 11

Also wondering why the weighted insert can be removed (since it comes with an oring) when it couldīve been non
__________________
.
Lt. Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:57 AM #87
blklight
Battle Rapping
 
blklight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oklahoma
blklight plays in the PSP
blklight plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
OK, here is my opinion on settings:

Take your Ego11/CSL.
Install the new DART kit.
Adjust HPR to get the gun shooting desired velocity.
Go and play paintball.


After installing the DART kit you don't NEED to adjust the LPR.
After installing the DART kit you don't NEED to adjust the Dwell.

However, after installing the DART kit you may want to fine tune the dwell, the LPR, or both. But the choice is yours.

Some people like to tinker and tune. Some people like to pull their gun out of their bag and go play. The DART kit will certainly allow those that DO like to tinker and tune a larger range of adjustment across all parameters over the stock gun. But importantly for those that just like to play, hours spent with gauges, test kits, chonographs and adjustment tables is most definitely not a prerequisite to enjoying and feeling the benefits of this kit.

Jack
This was posted in another DART thread...
__________________
Jeff Phillips

PAINTBALL CLUB OF CHOCTAW
http://paintballclubofchoctaw.com
blklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:53 AM #88
Brules
MFCEO
 
Brules's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 405
Annual Supporting Member
Brules is Boss
People just need to start posting their set ups and share what works. Simple.
__________________
Who knew you could bottle the scent of boner? - Kenny Powers
Kenny Powers plays in RAZA Gear!
Brules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:01 PM #89
Bigmike627
Sniip-Snaaaap
 
Bigmike627's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: WPB, Florida
Bigmike627 plays in the PSP
Bigmike627 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bigmike627 plays in the APPA D4 division
I have mine set at stock settings, I have not had a chance to shoot it yet, but after this weekend I can give some insight on what I tweeked, if anything.
__________________
Sick-N-Twisted

Clone GTi W/ Pooty Bolt
Bigmike627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:15 PM #90
Brules
MFCEO
 
Brules's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 405
Annual Supporting Member
Brules is Boss
Im shocked no one has a vid up yet of one.....
__________________
Who knew you could bottle the scent of boner? - Kenny Powers
Kenny Powers plays in RAZA Gear!
Brules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:36 PM #91
Bushwood Bill
 
 
Bushwood Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kentucky
 has been a member for 10 years
I'm just curious if once the kit is installed and the lpr, hpr, dwell were not touched if there will be a increase in velocity. IMO if there is no increase then why buy the kit when you can fine tune and tinker with the lpr, hpr and dwell on a broken in gun with stock parts to give you a even smoother shot! This is only my opinion.
__________________
Bushwood Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:08 PM #92
Alvecchio
 
 
Alvecchio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Alvecchio plays in the PSP
Alvecchio owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Alvecchio owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushwood Bill
I'm just curious if once the kit is installed and the lpr, hpr, dwell were not touched if there will be a increase in velocity. IMO if there is no increase then why buy the kit when you can fine tune and tinker with the lpr, hpr and dwell on a broken in gun with stock parts to give you a even smoother shot! This is only my opinion.
You're opinion would make sense if in fact it didn't increase fps...but it does :-)

Yea once you drop it in you'll notice a velocity increase of around 20-30. At least I did.
__________________
Listen...think...repeat
Alvecchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:09 PM #93
Invert O.G
Total Eclipse
 
Invert O.G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Va
Annual Supporting Member
Invert O.G plays in the PSP
Invert O.G supports Team VICIOUS
Invert O.G plays in the APPA D4 division
Invert O.G supports Empire
after i installed the kit the fps jump up dramatically without touching any settings or regs
__________________
www.kpspaintball.com

LUXEMOB
Invert O.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:20 PM #94
Bushwood Bill
 
 
Bushwood Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kentucky
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvecchio View Post
You're opinion would make sense if in fact it didn't increase fps...but it does :-)

Yea once you drop it in you'll notice a velocity increase of around 20-30. At least I did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invert O.G View Post
after i installed the kit the fps jump up dramatically without touching any settings or regs
Thank you both for posting this!
__________________
Bushwood Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:05 PM #95
georgek
 
 
georgek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cyprus
georgek is playing at Living Legends VI
georgek has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invert O.G View Post
after i installed the kit the fps jump up dramatically without touching any settings or regs
how much, 30-40, 10-20????? 100-1000??? kidding, but really what increase have you seen??
georgek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:16 PM #96
blklight
Battle Rapping
 
blklight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oklahoma
blklight plays in the PSP
blklight plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brules View Post
Im shocked no one has a vid up yet of one.....
.
__________________
Jeff Phillips

PAINTBALL CLUB OF CHOCTAW
http://paintballclubofchoctaw.com
blklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:17 PM #97
rwparker35
20+ years of paintball
 
rwparker35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ohio
Annual Supporting Member
rwparker35 is BST Legit
rwparker35 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
rwparker35 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
I just installed the DART kit in my Fluffy Bunnies VEGO 11. Prior to beginning the install I put the gun back to stock with all the factory stock settings (board settings, dwell, LPR, HPR, etc. - adjusted to factory stock per recommendations in Ego manual).

I then put a hopper of reballs through the gun and I was averaging about 275 fps.

I then installed the DART kit and left all of the settings stock. The install went smoothly and was pretty painless. No leaks when I was finished, so that was a good thing.

I then shot a hopper of reballs through the gun. I used the same reballs, same barrel, same chrono, same weather conditions (indoors), etc. and I found that the fps jumped dramatically. I was shooting about 275 fps prior to the install and was shooting about 325 fps after the install. Absolutely everything was the same, except the DART kit.

The gun felt very smooth and the sound signature was a bit quieter. Not super quiet, but it was an improvement.

After adjusting the HPR down to reach 285 fps, I found that it was extremely consistent over the chrono. Definitely more consistent than it was prior to the install of the DART.

All in all I am impressed with the kit. I want to thank PE for continuing to research and find improvements to an already existing gun, instead of slapping it all in a new gun and forcing me to buy a newer model to get all the latest upgrades (and spend a lot more than $95 in the process).

If you have an Ego 11, and spending $95 won't require you to eat ramen noodles for a month, then I 100% recommend you get this kit.

Sorry, no video. I tried to get one using my iPhone, but the quality was horrible and you really couldn't tell what was going on. I guess I am not going to make it in hollywood as a camera man.
rwparker35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:33 PM #98
Bushwood Bill
 
 
Bushwood Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kentucky
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwparker35 View Post
I just installed the DART kit in my Fluffy Bunnies VEGO 11. Prior to beginning the install I put the gun back to stock with all the factory stock settings (board settings, dwell, LPR, HPR, etc. - adjusted to factory stock per recommendations in Ego manual).

I then put a hopper of reballs through the gun and I was averaging about 275 fps.

I then installed the DART kit and left all of the settings stock. The install went smoothly and was pretty painless. No leaks when I was finished, so that was a good thing.

I then shot a hopper of reballs through the gun. I used the same reballs, same barrel, same chrono, same weather conditions (indoors), etc. and I found that the fps jumped dramatically. I was shooting about 275 fps prior to the install and was shooting about 325 fps after the install. Absolutely everything was the same, except the DART kit.

The gun felt very smooth and the sound signature was a bit quieter. Not super quiet, but it was an improvement.

After adjusting the HPR down to reach 285 fps, I found that it was extremely consistent over the chrono. Definitely more consistent than it was prior to the install of the DART.

All in all I am impressed with the kit. I want to thank PE for continuing to research and find improvements to an already existing gun, instead of slapping it all in a new gun and forcing me to buy a newer model to get all the latest upgrades (and spend a lot more than $95 in the process).

If you have an Ego 11, and spending $95 won't require you to eat ramen noodles for a month, then I 100% recommend you get this kit.

Sorry, no video. I tried to get one using my iPhone, but the quality was horrible and you really couldn't tell what was going on. I guess I am not going to make it in hollywood as a camera man.
This is what most of us have been waiting for. Thanks for posting it!!
__________________
Bushwood Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:40 PM #99
blklight
Battle Rapping
 
blklight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oklahoma
blklight plays in the PSP
blklight plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushwood Bill View Post
This is what most of us have been waiting for. Thanks for posting it!!
Hell yea, bout time...
__________________
Jeff Phillips

PAINTBALL CLUB OF CHOCTAW
http://paintballclubofchoctaw.com
blklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:53 PM #100
paint4
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Yes thank you very much for giving a detailed account.
paint4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:01 PM #101
Brules
MFCEO
 
Brules's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 405
Annual Supporting Member
Brules is Boss
That is one heck of a jump in FPS!
__________________
Who knew you could bottle the scent of boner? - Kenny Powers
Kenny Powers plays in RAZA Gear!
Brules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:14 PM #102
rwparker35
20+ years of paintball
 
rwparker35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ohio
Annual Supporting Member
rwparker35 is BST Legit
rwparker35 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
rwparker35 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brules View Post
That is one heck of a jump in FPS!
Please keep in mind that, while I tried to be as scientific in my comparison as possible, I probably don't have the worlds most accurate chrono. While I did see a "significant" jump in fps, it would probably be best to think of it as a range (say 30-50 fps) instead of an exact number. I am sure each gun will be different, but I bet everyone will at least see a modest bump in fps.
rwparker35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:16 PM #103
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See
 
Soul06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NY ((718)) NY
 has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushwood Bill View Post
This is what most of us have been waiting for. Thanks for posting it!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklight View Post
Hell yea, bout time...
Quote:
Originally Posted by paint4 View Post
Yes thank you very much for giving a detailed account.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brules View Post
That is one heck of a jump in FPS!
What all of them said
__________________
"You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts" ~ POTUS

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:45 PM #104
pjerzy1
Aspiring Gun Whore
 
pjerzy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SE MI
pjerzy1 is an NCPA player
pjerzy1 plays in the APPA D4 division
rw, thanks for giving a nice detailed description with all of the information that we all have been dying for. I have been wondering if I should invest into this or not. By what you are saying it is totally worth it and that it is a great upgrade for an already great gun.

Again, thanks.
__________________
EMU Paintball

Remember kids, YOUR MOUTH CANT GET PREGNANT
pjerzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:12 PM #105
ammoeller
its morphin time
 
ammoeller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Luverne, MN
ammoeller is playing at Living Legends VII
ammoeller owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ammoeller owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
ammoeller supports Team VICIOUS
I just got my D.A.R.T. kit installed on my ego11 today also. My results are not as drastic as rwparkers. I was swapping from a techt kush bolt though. Rwparker, can you comment as to which bolt you had installed prior to testing. I'm guessing the cure3+ since you said all stock.

My fps gains were marginal after swapping to the full d.a.r.t. kit from the kush bolt. I'd say it bumped me up about 10 fps.

I must say, the fps gains aren't the only thing that makes this kit worth it though. The sound signature is noticeably changed. Again, as rwparkers stated, I would not call it quiet. It softened the sound from the typical ego "crack" to a duller sound signature. Much better job than a hush bolt IMO.

The best thing about the d.a.r.t. kit in my opinion though is how it smooths the shot out. My ego is just broken in with 11 cases through it. I thought I had it smooth until I installed this kit. Don't get me wrong, it was smooth before, but after installing the kit to me it almost felt like a different marker.

Overall I give this upgrade two big thumbs up. I was pondering selling my ego before, but now I believe she will stay with me.
__________________
Atlantic/Haze Geo 3
Green/Black ego9.
ammoeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump