We are all Witness

Gotcha; will do. Thanks man.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-13-2012, 09:34 AM #23
Lou Dogg
Prepare to die

Lou Dogg owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
We had archery in junior high. I missed the target and the arrow actually bounced off the wall hitting g the guy next to me in the shin. Whoops. Good thing it loses a lot of energy hitting that wall.

Big_Dangerous: "Has anyone here ever let a chick **** them with a strapon?"
Old 09-13-2012, 09:36 AM #24
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

has been a member for 10 years
yea we had blunted ones with these plastic tip thing IIRC. still, if it hit you full velocity it could mess you up. pretty sure they were like 20lb draw strength too, if they did it with a 70lb like my compound i would be pretty ****ing scared.

wtf terry bradshaw did some video about University of Dayton:

i graduated less than 4 year ago and campus looks completely different. they talk about a diverse student body, i guess diverse means 95% really rich white kids and 4.8% indian and asian kids .2% black kids on the basketball team

Last edited by imhungry : 09-13-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:53 AM #25
SHOOT3R USA
LIFT. RUN. SHOOT.

SHOOT3R USA is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by imhungry View Post
I mean, pretty much every hand gun is different so you just got to get out there and try them. id start with a glock (i dont like glocks) or some other kind of 9mm then go from there

you are also in a part of the country where guns are much more a part of every day life. i cant imagine gun training in public schools going well in **** holes like east STL, Detroit or NOLA.

we had archery at my HS and kids would do dumb **** with that too. i dont think anyone was ever hurt but i am pretty sure they do not teach it anymore
I sleep with a 12 gauge within arms reach

"IF YOU want to be the ULTIMATE predator you're gonna have to RAMP IT UP cause this is a RACE that NEVER ENDS"
-Cameron Hanes
Old 09-13-2012, 09:57 AM #26
DMC_OWNER
Much bad. Very wow.

Quote:

i graduated less than 4 year ago and campus looks completely different. they talk about a diverse student body, i guess diverse means 95% really rich white kids and 4.8% indian and asian kids .2% black kids on the basketball team
Having been there multiple times and having friends that go there, I lol'd really hard at this. My friends are in the rich white kids demographic obviously.

Originally Posted by NinjaMouse:But as a poster in this thread, all I can say is good ****ing luck to whoever wants to try to knock you off the #1 spot. That will take something epic. It would be the upset of the posting season.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:58 AM #27
angelballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt.is.back2011 View Post
Great advice, thanks

Where did you go to take the course? That seems like a really good first step.

Renting also sounds like a good idea. Any recommendations on what type of gun I should be looking for when I rent them, or will i be able to just try as many as I want? Is recoil have more to do with the caliber of the bullet and less to do with the gun itself?

Thanks,
Glock and M&P are the two cheap options you should be looking at. A lot of people like the XDm as well. Stay away from 1911s especially for self defense. They are finnicky SOBs until you get into $2k and up. 9mm is fine for self defense with good ammo. Recoil is a combo of ammo and the gun. My full size .40 kicks less than my pocket 9. 9 is a much nicer round to shoot in a comparable sized gun though.

.22 is great for learning so if you can swing it something like a $3-400 Browning Buck Mark is an excellent tool to let you have more range time without burning thru costly ammo.

If you are still around Columbus, I believe Blackwing up in Delaware will let you rent guns for a fee.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:59 AM #28
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOOT3R USA View Post
I sleep with a 12 gauge within arms reach
so do i, actually. i keep it under my bed in a case. its loaded with snap caps, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC_OWNER View Post
Having been there multiple times and having friends that go there, I lol'd really hard at this. My friends are in the rich white kids demographic obviously.
dude its crazy. EVERYONE at UD preaches about how amazing the community is and all this **** when 90% of the people are exactly the same and there is almost no diversity. i actually wrote paper for this BS SOC course i had to take about how it was all bull**** and that the community was completely unrealistic compared to the real world.

'the ghetto' is pretty awesome though, even if they did completely crack down haaaard on the partying. it was like spring break every weekend my freshman year and after that it got blasted down pretty hard.

Last edited by imhungry : 09-13-2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:18 AM #29
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Great advice, thanks

Where did you go to take the course? That seems like a really good first step.

Renting also sounds like a good idea. Any recommendations on what type of gun I should be looking for when I rent them, or will i be able to just try as many as I want? Is recoil have more to do with the caliber of the bullet and less to do with the gun itself?

Thanks,
My friend teaches it. I took it from him. There are instructors all over the country I think that teach the NRA basic pistol course.

At least where I have rented (Manchester Firing Line) you have to pay to rent each gun separately. I went a couple times before getting my own gun and went with other people so we rented a couple different ones and shared. Also in the class my friend had several guns to kind of get used to and at the range another friend brought several more to try. If you have friends with guns going with them is a great way to try a few.

The recoil has to do with both the gun (mostly the weight/size) and the caliber. A 44 magnum will have much more recoil than a 9mm. But if you have a Glock 26 (subcompact polymer 9mm) and a Sig 226 like mine (full size steel 9mm) the Glock will have more recoil because its smaller and lighter.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Old 09-13-2012, 10:34 AM #30
.OBEY.

A lot of ppl committ suicide at shooting ranges.

I'd feel safer buying a gun and shoot around in the woods.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:35 AM #31
SHOOT3R USA
LIFT. RUN. SHOOT.

SHOOT3R USA is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Quote:

so do i, actually. i keep it under my bed in a case. its loaded with snap caps, though.
Mine is loaded like this

Flash bang in chamber

Buckshot
Incendiary Slug
Buckshot
Slug
Buckshot
Flamethrower

"IF YOU want to be the ULTIMATE predator you're gonna have to RAMP IT UP cause this is a RACE that NEVER ENDS"
-Cameron Hanes
Old 09-13-2012, 10:55 AM #32
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

i used to keep mine loaded with bean bags so i could knock the home invader out then take them to my basement and use them in a poughkeepsie tape fashion.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:58 AM #33
Matt.is.back2011
We are all Witness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07 View Post
My friend teaches it. I took it from him. There are instructors all over the country I think that teach the NRA basic pistol course.

At least where I have rented (Manchester Firing Line) you have to pay to rent each gun separately. I went a couple times before getting my own gun and went with other people so we rented a couple different ones and shared. Also in the class my friend had several guns to kind of get used to and at the range another friend brought several more to try. If you have friends with guns going with them is a great way to try a few.

The recoil has to do with both the gun (mostly the weight/size) and the caliber. A 44 magnum will have much more recoil than a 9mm. But if you have a Glock 26 (subcompact polymer 9mm) and a Sig 226 like mine (full size steel 9mm) the Glock will have more recoil because its smaller and lighter.
Legit. One last question: you don't need a permit or anything to be able to go to a firing range, do you? I can just show up, pay to rent, and shoot?

Thanks,
Old 09-13-2012, 11:10 AM #34
jdm001
will randomly type lyrics

jdm001 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jdm001 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jdm001 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:

Thanks,
As previously said, kick is a function of caliber, gun design, and gun weight. Heavier guns have less kick because they have more inertia. Pistols with their barrels set lower feel like they don't kick as badly because they transfer the recoil back into your arm where the energy gets dissipated through your shoulders instead of causing normal upward kick. In general though, caliber affects it most since more powder (or a magnum round) = more energy to be transferred.

If you find that you don't like the feeling of recoil and have $700 laying around, go for a Chiappa Rhino. I shot one in a .357 magnum and it kicked about the same as a 9mm.

Quote:
i don't know about you but i definitely do not want to be around a bunch of dumb **** kids with guns at a range, especially in inner city **** schools. kids are ****ing dumb and i have zero faith in them.

i guess you could do a no hands on course but that is pretty much a waste of time IMO
All you would have to have is a teacher that actually maintains authority. It's not like some liberal english teacher is going to volunteer to teach it. It would probably fall to the hardass male that every highschool seems to have.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:12 AM #35
Ninja Mouse
K BELL IS BACK

I have discovered erasable pens and highlighters.

This. Is. Awesome.
"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Old 09-13-2012, 11:16 AM #36
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mouse View Post

This. Is. Awesome.
welcome to 1995...wtf

the crazy black chick i work with is driving me nuts today, jesus christ. i dont think she understands that i do not care that her son needs a kidney transplant and that her dad is dying. i did care for like a minute, but it got old.

Last edited by imhungry : 09-13-2012 at 11:18 AM.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:16 AM #37
DMC_OWNER
Much bad. Very wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mouse View Post

This. Is. Awesome.
...welcome to 1995?

Edit: Erasable pens came out even before the 90s

Originally Posted by NinjaMouse:But as a poster in this thread, all I can say is good ****ing luck to whoever wants to try to knock you off the #1 spot. That will take something epic. It would be the upset of the posting season.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:17 AM #38
PeYToN-SS
dat fro

PeYToN-SS is a Supporting Member
Welcome to 1995.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:17 AM #39
Ninja Mouse
K BELL IS BACK

All I know is writing everywhere on the process guys stuff and making them freak out is awesome.
"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Old 09-13-2012, 11:18 AM #40
DMC_OWNER
Much bad. Very wow.

Whoa... we both picked 1995 randomly... That's weird

Old 09-13-2012, 11:21 AM #41
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

holy **** hahahaha. i was about to write 1992 but was like ehhhhh too early, 1995 it is

Last edited by imhungry : 09-13-2012 at 11:33 AM.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:21 AM #42
Ninja Mouse
K BELL IS BACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC_OWNER View Post
Whoa... we both picked 1995 randomly... That's weird
Whats next for you two? A legal partnership, or are you going to move out to Cali and really make it official?
Sauce
Closed Thread