PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-18-2012, 11:17 AM #1
Pkang414

DP G4 Firing Issues

Hey Nation,

I recently bought a used DP G4 locally and was wondering if anyone has run into this issue.

After airing it up, the first shot performs very well. Then the next shot goes like 15 ft, then 10, then the next one kind of just rolls out of the barrel. I changed the N2 tank with another to see if that was the issue, same thing happens. I also turned the screw of the regulator far out but still no affect...Could anyone direct me where I should look first? O-rings? Battery? Regulator?

Thanks all!
Pkang414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-18-2012, 11:28 AM #2
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3457681

follow that thread

pop in a new battery first, just follow the directions and you will have a great marker. Make sure to use a good lube (lurker lube, monkey poo, violent pb jelly, gun sav)

sounds like the g4 is being effected by the factory grease. even if the bolt has been relubed, the noid could be gunked up still. Just follow my thread and let me know what happens.

new battery, set dwell to 12ms, follow thread!
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:30 AM #3
LethalO

I am new to owning a G4 but here are my thoughts and I am sure their are ppl in here that know a lot more (CA is very knowledgable) the first thing is to start with a fresh battery. My personal experience would say to check the orings. That's about all I know.

Dangerous Powers
ANSgear.com
LethalO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:46 AM #4
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkang414 View Post
Hey Nation,

I recently bought a used DP G4 locally and was wondering if anyone has run into this issue.

After airing it up, the first shot performs very well. Then the next shot goes like 15 ft, then 10, then the next one kind of just rolls out of the barrel. I changed the N2 tank with another to see if that was the issue, same thing happens. I also turned the screw of the regulator far out but still no affect...Could anyone direct me where I should look first? O-rings? Battery? Regulator?

Thanks all!
The likely causes typically are:

low battery
not enough lube
too much lube (yes, it's like Goldilocks - gotta be just right)
dwell too low
worn or wrong o-ring size
air pressure too low
noid need servicing

Since you just got it used, I would recommend you go through the whole marker and clean off whatever lube is on it and relube yourself (if you feel you are competent in doing so). This will do 2 things - 1) get you familiar with the G4 and how to work on it and 2) you never know what condition the internals are in (like the noid) so check it out and make sure it is lubed properly.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:00 PM #5
Pkang414

WOW! Thanks for such a quick response everyone. I'll try and get some work done next week. Will be heading out of town for a wedding. Thanks yall!
Pkang414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:01 PM #6
Trigger Finger
Yetipb.com

Trigger Finger has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger is attending Decay of Nations VI
I can almost guarantee you that your dwell is to low. Set to 12 and turn you reg all the way clockwise and try to chrono it again

My Gear Bag Sale!!! Click Me!
Trigger Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:03 PM #7
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

not very likely. alot of g4s had bad lube issues out of the box. even 10ms should shoot up to speed.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:33 PM #8
rabidmouse

Cleaning and re-lubing everything & a new ALKALINE battery (Duracell, energizer) will probably get you shooting again.
rabidmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:34 PM #9
rabidmouse

And if paint is rolling out of the barrel, are your detents good?
rabidmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:41 PM #10
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

paint rolls out because its half cycling. im sure the detents are fine, they are very nice.

stick to the relube first and see what happens.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:25 AM #11
Lightsout777
Lightsout777

Lightsout777 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Hey Guys

I've had similar issues with my G4 I bought from ANS. It's the Black Widow colored one (Black with Red accents). But only after playing with it for a few times and putting maybe 5-6 boxes of paint through it.

No bolt-stick or leaking macro-line out the box... Infact it preformed beautifully for the start, but Murphy is a personal friend, so the honeymoon would not last long.
Things started going wrong very slowly. Marker would'nt cycle fully once of twice in a day but then be fine for the rest of it, even with a new battery inside and lubed up with GunSav.
It got to a point where even our local DYE techie was scratching his head at the thing. Turning the reg up/down even changing out the reg would'n't help, even after I had adjusted the dwell and turned the reg up over 300psi (I have a PMD) it would fire but sound like a cannon going off, turning it down to below 200psi and it would stop firing again. That did destroy the bolt bumper in the process.

We finally realised that I had changed the stock board for a Virtue one and when I had adjusted the trigger pre and post movement, I didn't adjust the top magnet screw, the one that affects the 'niod when pulling trigger. So a new parts kit later and new bolt bumper, I adjusted the trigger, correctly this time, lubed it up, set the Virtue board to match the stock one and... Hey presto the magic started all over again.

They can be tempermental little markers but a some trial and error, you'll eventually figure out what the dickens is going on with it. What I can say is if you're not giving it a little lube before each play day, then it may just give you a little uphill.

G4 - Black w/Red accents
Freak Barrel - Red All American
PMD
Virtue v2.0 Redefined board
7th Element eyes - Red
Smoked Spyder Fasta - (I play back center)
Sly Profit - Red
Guerilla 70/4500
Lightsout777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:24 AM #12
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

Im afraid his problem is not the same as yours. His marker is firing but something is causing the bolt to not get up to speed and it barely fires the ball.

his trigger is still making the shots
Old 10-19-2012, 08:44 PM #13
spaz66

spaz66 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
spaz66 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Sounds like the noid needs to be cleaned out,Depending on where hes getting air along with lube his solenoid is not letting air flow properly,Ive noticed lately my local shops air supply is getting dirty so ive cleaned my noid and reg out after 3 to 4 cases of paint to eliminate issues from this kind of thing.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:17 AM #14
ecres88
toyota

ecres88 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
ecres88 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ecres88 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ecres88 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
the lube from the factory sucks pull the bolt out clean it and inside the gun, then pull the reg apart and clean that up to and put some good lube in there shell shoot the a breeze

PAY TO PLAY-SHOOT TO KILL
ecres88 is offline   Reply With Quote