PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-09-2014, 09:43 AM #1
Pirate Mafia
Affiliated

Thumbs up Ultimate Sick Stack

Someone asked me on another forum how I flush out sickness in a day, figured I'd post it here as well.

Aside from snow, egg nog, and bulking cycles, we also love to get sick during the colder months. I've been messing with multiple stacks in an attempt to "feel better" within one day. Finally, I got it.

I've used this stack for the common cold, all the way to a nasty head cold, post nasal drip and a sore throat. Which means I have more sick days to utilize as vacation days.....or test my manhood and see how long I can watch skinemax.

Common Cold Stack:

Vitamin C - I prefer to drink a jug of simply orange, this way you get fluids and all the antioxidant benefits from OJ. If you dont like OJ, 500mg/3x daily.

Zinc - Zinc Citrate or Chelate, 10mg with each meal, or 3x/day

Vitamin D - If you are not taking this everyday, start. Summer I do 3K IU, Winter I do 10K IU.

Multivitamin - I dont take this everyday, though, I do when Im sick. I take 4 OT spread out 2/2

Astragalus - Its been shown to reduce how often someone may catch a cold, 250mg/twice daily

Echinacea - I prefer Celestial Echinacea tea mixed with their Peppermint tea, 4 cups/day. Evidence is mixed, but some studies show it can reduce the length of a cold by 30%.

Garlic - Add fresh garlic to all your food, it stimulates the immune system and may fend off colds in the future.

Water - Drink that whole gallon

Addition:

Andrographis - This has actually entered FDA trials for URTI/common cold, and it currently, still OTC.

As far as fevers, I tend to use the same thing minus Astragalus. It can lengthen and possibly cause the fever to worsen.

Pricewise, I find it amazingly effective. You can purchase 30-60 day supplies of each one for extremely cheap, and when you only use it for 1-2 days at a time it will last a while. I keep this stack in my "sick cabinet." Along with multiple cans of chicken soup and bayer aspirin......

Last edited by Pirate Mafia : 01-10-2014 at 06:47 AM.
Pirate Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:34 PM #2
Squirrelly Wrath
Crush Your Enemies

Squirrelly Wrath supports Team VICIOUS
I don't get sick.

Genetics.
Squirrelly Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:19 PM #3
FHS JewFro
black AND white

I dont get sick but maybe once a year

Great idea for a thread tho

What I always did when I felt a sickness coming on was
- hydrate much more
- drink more OJ
- pop a multi every day till I feel better
- hit the steam room as often as possible
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: You guys are ridiculous, haha. Thanks though, just tryna look like a shaved ape. And the half foot of height Lurk has in me will always make my physique less impressive :tup:"

"Originally posted by WorldStrike: Drop the ego. The weights on the bar will lie to you, the mirror never will."
FHS JewFro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:48 PM #4
Barber
Moose Krew.

has been a member for 10 years
Barber plays in the PSP
Barber plays in the APPA D4 division
Good thread. I've been just adding in some extra C every day and have been illness free so far this year. Excellent point about saving those sick days for vacation days, especially when it can be prevented.

Couple extra things:

If you have sinus trouble (I get a sinus infection pretty much every Winter), take allergy medication throughout the Winter. Although there is rarely enough pollen or whatever to cause a real reaction, there's just enough to mess with your mucous production and, in turn, your sinuses.

Pedialyte was put on this Earth by gods to aid in the recovery of the flu. Better than anything else I have ever used. I learned about it from playing paintball in the summer and I honestly think the stuff has saved me from dehydration more than once.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:18 PM #5
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelly Wrath View Post
I don't get sick.
this right hurr
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
black_angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:53 PM #6
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

I've gotten sick once in the past year, and it was just sinus related.

On a related note, I once took so much vitamin C I started to poop orange.
Old 02-01-2014, 03:33 PM #7
The Wizard
BossPlaya.345

The Wizard has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The Wizard has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Didn't stock up on this stuff before and now I'm getting sick. College is such a dirty place. People coughing/sneezing everywhere, desks, railings, door handles, close-quarter living arrangements...ugh. I've sanitized my whole room 3x already. Slamming water all day and taking extra multis. Need to grab some Echinacea tea and OJ later tonight after the Cuse game - scared to go to the store right now (2hrs to gametime). Took some Nyquil last night and slept for about 12hrs, plan on doing the same again tonight.

"Originally posted by Menace: my dad works for nasa and has a laser detector that reflects the laser back at the cop and makes his gun explode."

"Originally posted by ClawHammer: STI's are handed down by god himself, NOTHING is faster then an STI."
The Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 04:04 PM #8
tanner202

I just get some extra sleep and let my i/s go HAM

"Originally posted by pillowpants: i dont know how to decipher this chart, then again, i do go to a community college."
"Originally posted by Mr.AmaZiN: did you just use an apostrophe for want?"
"Originally posted by pb123456789: Or call her a **** and proceed to textrape her."
"Originally posted by dualimpact: They haven't walked in on me but they know, I'm a screamer."
tanner202 is offline   Reply With Quote