turmoil
PTPer right here baby

turmoil is a Paintball photographer
turmoil plays in the PSP
turmoil is playing at Living Legends VII
turmoil supports Pev's Paintball
turmoil plays in the APPA D4 division
when to post in the snake

A lot of times when I get into the snake i'll have my back guy shooting down the tape/feeding me info. Meanwhile, i'm usually looking cross-field to see if I get can some shots on unsuspecting people.

I've always sort of wondered when you should post down the tape when you're in the snake? I see people do it from time to time, so is it just to keep an opposing snake player from moving up? Isn't that what the back guy is supposed to be doing?
turmoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-12-2012, 01:12 PM #2
ashep01

ashep01 supports Team VICIOUS
ashep01 is for the Gunfight
ashep01 plays in the APPA D4 division
ashep01 supports DLX Technology
It wouldnt be a bad idea to every once in a while to check down the tape and at least have an idea of what is going on. Ideally you would want to watch both. There is no reason to only do one and not be aware and watch the other. When I play snake, most of my attention is toward the center of the field but i routinely check the tape to see if anyone is running up on me, getting in the snake or in the back corner.
ashep01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:01 AM #3
turmoil
PTPer right here baby

turmoil is a Paintball photographer
turmoil plays in the PSP
turmoil is playing at Living Legends VII
turmoil supports Pev's Paintball
turmoil plays in the APPA D4 division
I mean, I do check down the tape from time to time just to see what's going on, so I have a clue about what's going on in front of me.

I guess I was more-so interested as to why you'll see guys in the snake just sort of crouched down, practically laying on their elbow looking down the tape waiting for the guy to pop out. It seems like it would be tough to pop back in from that if someone snaps on you.
turmoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:45 PM #4
docbiddy
iBlastfools

docbiddy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
docbiddy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
docbiddy plays in the APPA D4 division
docbiddy has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
well they wont be expecting to see a guy posted up on you, since your in snake most of your checks are head checks. ive gotten g'd out from a person posted up down the tape on me in snake. given i didnt have a back player but i didnt see him bump into snake
docbiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:40 AM #5
LionheartPB
Lonely PBer

LionheartPB has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
It could happen if you have a stream coming at you from D side and can't set up, if there are no kills to take for quiet long time, if your back player is out , or if you know that the other player's game style that he like to bump up and you are simply preventing him from shooting ur teammate across the field !
LionheartPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:46 PM #6
anthony2714

anthony2714 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
anthony2714 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
anthony2714 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Ya snake
Old 01-26-2013, 03:28 AM #7
jsgnado1996
jsg_nado

jsgnado1996 plays in the APPA D5 division
jsgnado1996 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
It's better to look for crossfield shots. Often when you see players posting in snake it is because they have no corner or God backing them up. If you have a God backing you up, you should never have to shoot down the tape, ideally.
GOGO13 #11
Proudly sponsored by Almost Famous Paintball, gogged paintball, KM, Anthrax, and Camp Pendleton Paintball
#AFPLRULES
jsgnado1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:13 AM #8
iquadra
BucK NastY

Your back player should be the one watching the tape for the most part.

It would be smart to post if your back player gets shot out and you think their snake player is pushing up or attempting a run through.

Alot of snake players will also post for a few seconds right before they are about to bump up so they know the tape is clear.

Proudly Sponsored By: Boneyard Paintball & Exalt
iquadra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:09 PM #9
SoProTheyGoWHOA
Sneaky Beaver

SoProTheyGoWHOA is an NCPA player
SoProTheyGoWHOA plays in the APPA D4 division
SoProTheyGoWHOA has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SoProTheyGoWHOA has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I feel like If you have no shots inside and the other player is in the snake as well I post on them before moving up to the next knuckle. And like said before if Im in snake and the other player doesn't know i'm in it I stay posted and wait for him to come out
Old 02-22-2013, 08:24 PM #10
xTheirOut2GetUx
>The Destroyer of Worlds<

xTheirOut2GetUx is a Supporting Member
xTheirOut2GetUx plays in the PSP
xTheirOut2GetUx is an NCPA player
xTheirOut2GetUx plays in the APPA D3 division
I'm gunna mention something completely overlooked here. In modern lay outs there are a lot of inset points in the snake. Meaning you can't see down the tape from the corner or snake supporting spot. So if your guy can't stop the opposing snake from bumping you obviously might want to post/fight on the tape line more.

It's becoming more and more common for the first knuckle to block out the rest of the snake tape. If this is the case you gotta fight the other snake player killing your boys from the 50 yourself.

VICIOUS GEO 2 FOR SALE NOOOOO PB TRADES NO TRADES NO TRADES

[pursuing a degree in trolloligy]
xTheirOut2GetUx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:00 PM #11
XKE

has been a member for 10 years
Everything in tournament play is situational, there are no hard and fast rules, especially with snake play.

Potential reasons for playing the tape in the snake could be-
-The other team also has a snake player, and you do not have a teammate who is in a position to keep them from advancing (what xTheirOut2GetUx mentioned)
-You are in a position what is causing opponents to keep several guns your way. There are plenty of times where your physical presence in a spot halts advancement of players cross field. Often, you keeping your head down to ensure that you stay alive can be a bigger thorn in an opponents side than trying to gunfight everyone.
-You are anticipating an opponents move. 9 times out of 10, if you get into the snake, the other team is going to want to send a player into the snake to contest you. I dont know how many people I have eliminated by getting into snake, then shooting the opponent sliding in to mirror my position.

There are lots of reasons for any player to be doing any number of things in a game, your best bet to ensure success is to work towards everyone on your team knowing what all of your teammates are doing, and why they are doing it. Work together as a team to win games rather than playing individuals and you will have success.

James Butts fan club #1-100
XKE is offline   Reply With Quote