Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-12-2012, 07:56 AM #1
FreeEnterprise

FreeEnterprise posts videos on PbNation
Mass Public Shootings have link, media ignores...

Mass shootings in the US have increased dramatically, and almost every one has a tie to the others, yet this link doesn't fit the liberal media narrative. So instead of answering one of the "why?" questions that an unbiased media would answer, they push this under the rug to advance their liberal ideology.

Think about this, in 1999 the Columbia attack at a school was on the SAME day of legislation that would have permitted something to happen in that area... Something the killer didn't want to be faced with, so he attacked before they could vote making this law. The media knew he was following this legislation, but no stories from major media (that I could find) were reported that cover this fact...

In Omaha, Nebraska, why was that particular mall (Westroads mall) chosen for a mass shooting?

In Salt Lake City, Utah, the particular mall (Trolley Square mall) was also targeted, because it too had this distinction.

How about the most recent Sikh temple... It too was one of these, and yet, the liberal media is unable to make the connection and INFORM the public of the danger of going to a place that is targeted by mass killers.

The most obvious example is the Aurora shooting, IF the media looked at the facts, but again, they only care about promoting liberal ideology, so they ignore the obvious. We all saw where the killers apartment was, but glossed over was the fact that this wasn't the closest theater to his house... There was one 3 minutes from his home, but he didn't pick that one for some reason...

In fact, the "home of the largest auditorium in Colorado" was only 10 minutes from his house, but he didn't pick that one... For this same reason.

In fact, out of the SEVEN movie theaters within 20 minutes of his house, ONLY ONE had this thing that mass killers LOOK for before carrying out their deadly attacks on innocents. The theater he picked had this same issue that all other mass shootings beside Tuscon in which 3 people were killed since 1950 all had.

Do you know what it is?

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/...emark-theater/

Even the most liberal person wouldn't put a "gun free zone" on the front of their house, as it would invite criminals. And yet, we as a society allow the media to ignore this blatant fact as it fits their liberal ideology of "gunz R bad", and gun regulation and restriction keep gunz out of bad peoples hands. When the truth is, gun free zones are killing zones for criminals as they don't have to worry about others being armed...

Trails of Doom Stickers on Ebay!
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-12-2012, 08:23 AM #2
F1VENOM

has been a member for 10 years
You're turning into a christian hybrid yesme/supra/OB that I didn't think was possible.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:00 AM #3
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

ITT: Mentally unstable people normally have a thought out rational for their acts.

Last edited by TheSilentAssassin : 09-12-2012 at 09:03 AM.
TheSilentAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:22 AM #4
StellarKnight
Mind Erasure

StellarKnight is a Supporting Member
StellarKnight is a founding member
StellarKnight has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I love how OP claims that the media somehow missed the link between "gun free zones" and a mass shooting . . . and attempts to prove such an assertion by linking an opinion piece featured in one of the largest media outlets in the United States (which is owned by one of the largest mass media conglomerates in the entire world).

Tell us, FE: where was Fox News after the Giffords shooting to expose this link between the status of carry and the occurrence of a public shooting?
Evil presupposes a moral decision, intention, and some forethought. A moron doesn't stop to think or reason. He acts on instinct, like a stable animal, convinced he's doing good, that he's always right, and sanctimoniously proud to go around ****ing up . . .What the world needs is more thoroughly evil people and fewer idiot ****heads.

Last edited by StellarKnight : 09-12-2012 at 09:26 AM.
StellarKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:28 AM #5
FreeEnterprise

So them finally noticing months/years afterwords and finally posting ONE opinion article makes it all good for you...

Duly noted.

Guess if they print inaccurate information and post headlines all over, and then do a quiet retraction later on once the idea is in the heads of everyone, that is OK too?

Old 09-12-2012, 09:37 AM #6
StellarKnight
Mind Erasure

StellarKnight is a Supporting Member
StellarKnight is a founding member
StellarKnight has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
So them finally noticing months/years afterwords and finally posting ONE opinion article makes it all good for you...
This is hardly the first opinion piece (much less major media story) to make a connection between gun-free zones and mass shootings.

https://www.google.com/#q=colorado+gun+free+theater&hl=en&prmd=imvnsu&ei= XJ1QUM3IOoOU2wWa-4C4BA&start=10&sa=N&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_q f.&fp=23a9f1576600a464&biw=1280&bih=835

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
Guess if they print inaccurate information and post headlines all over, and then do a quiet retraction later on once the idea is in the heads of everyone, that is OK too?
THIS is a genuine problem, one which is inherent to the current state of mass media.
Evil presupposes a moral decision, intention, and some forethought. A moron doesn't stop to think or reason. He acts on instinct, like a stable animal, convinced he's doing good, that he's always right, and sanctimoniously proud to go around ****ing up . . .What the world needs is more thoroughly evil people and fewer idiot ****heads.
StellarKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:00 AM #7
FreeEnterprise

Clearly you didn't read any of those articles... ONLY ONE was from a main stream media outlet, and it ignores the fact that THIS theater was a gun free zone, proving my point.

When I talk about main stream media, I'm not talking about "written" media. As based on media bias, most people get their news from the TV or radio.

So ABC, NBC, CBS, NPR, CNN are the main media sources. Yes Fox is in there somewhere, but since they are typically a second tier (meaning you have to pay a significant amount on cable/satellite systems to get it, it isn't "main stream" where it is FREE over the air).

But, ALL of those media outlets ignored the fact that these shootings are all happening in gun free zones.

That happens on purpose, as it is what liberals do, they omit things that don't fit their narrative... If they ignore it, then it didn't happen, and ask people you know if they realized that fact, and see what they tell you?

Last edited by FreeEnterprise : 09-12-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:13 AM #8
Murph1329

no no no

clearly this was caused by lack of signage on the rear exit doors to inform patrons not to bring in firearms

I think a lawyer needs to sue over this so we can get more signs....and make thing bigger!
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
STO RAM | Air America Black Ice | Shocktech LPC
pic
Forum defeat is admitted when one resorts to grammatical insults -me
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me
Murph1329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:26 PM #9
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Gun free zones are 100% effective as long as they remain gun free. It's not the rule, it's the lack of enforcement. It's hard to pay for enforcement with a ****ed economy.
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:43 PM #10
AnImAl34

AnImAl34 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AnImAl34 supports Pev's Paintball
AnImAl34 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
AnImAl34 is attending Decay of Nations VI
So basically if i put this sign in front of my house people will target me? Hmm kinda want to try this one
AnImAl34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:17 PM #11
BodyCount81 v2

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
Gun free zones are 100% effective as long as they remain gun free. It's not the rule, it's the lack of enforcement. It's hard to pay for enforcement with a ****ed economy.
LOL what? How are we supposed to enforce a "no firearm rule" everywhere? Are we supposed to set up security checkpoints at every mall entrance/exit and search people with metal detectors or something?

Your posts crack me up, Gonzo. I have no idea where you come up with your ideas but I sure hope I never stumble down that same path.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:05 PM #12
Blake360

Quote:
How are they gun free zones if you're saying they're supposed to be enforced by people with guns?
Blake360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:02 PM #13
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake360 View Post
How are they gun free zones if you're saying they're supposed to be enforced by people with guns?
INORITE?

drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:11 PM #14
SupraSuper
Celebrate Diversity

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
You're turning into a christian hybrid yesme/supra/OB that I didn't think was possible.
Am I really that bad? . I really don't post anything that controversial. If I claimed to be white and non-Muslim I doubt many of you would overblow my statements like you do. I hold the same opinions as a large population of Americans.
SupraSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:25 PM #15
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Tuff is a founding member
Quote:
It's basically impossible to keep a gun free zone, 100% gun free. Thus, disarming the public is not a wise move, unconstitutional, and just plain stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraSuper View Post
Am I really that bad? .
Over the past 6 months or so - no. Being dishonest and partisan like Gonzo is worse IMO. But I still think the muslims religion is the most dangerous in the world, with the Catholics a close second. Religion leads to so many damn wars.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:21 PM #16
Frank101
legit legit legit

Frank101 is a Supporting Member
Frank101 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Frank101 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Frank101 plays in the APPA D5 division
IIRC in the the Aurora shooting, there were 2 or 3 people carrying and actually fired back (read somewhere they died defending their g/fs).

Still, if the establishment wants to make there place of business gun free they have a right to do so, and I suppose a duty to enforce it. Likewise, you have a choice to not go to such a place you deem unsafe because they do not enforce the rule or that they even have the rule to begin with.

Of course average citizens break rules and laws all of the time, sometimes on purpose, sometimes by accident but with no real criminal intent. I don't think the other carriers intended to help the Holmes shooter. But yes, there seems to be a correlation between highly restrictive gun laws and violent crime here in the US.

Then you have places like Switzerland where every citizen has an Ar and is trained to use it and has so little violent crime per capita (although more successful suicides, go figure).
"Originally posted by pokenose: We quit doing that secret Santa thing after the black guy got a bucket of fried chicken, watermelon jolly ranchers, a bottle of colt 45 and a cotton scented candle then someone else got a ball of that free twine you tie down your items with at ikea and a vibrator so you can go **** yourself if you didn't like the twine."

"Originally posted by AlphaNeo36:
Election fraud is perfectly acceptable when it intends to keep Ron Paul out of the White House."
Frank101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:16 AM #17
yesme

Venom is just mad because he still has not figured out how to use his brain for much more then talking points. 6 billion people on the planet and the guy still thinks he has had an original thought in his life.
yesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:20 AM #18
Pizzaman
End Of The Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank101 View Post
IIRC in the the Aurora shooting, there were 2 or 3 people carrying and actually fired back (read somewhere they died defending their g/fs).

Still, if the establishment wants to make there place of business gun free they have a right to do so, and I suppose a duty to enforce it. Likewise, you have a choice to not go to such a place you deem unsafe because they do not enforce the rule or that they even have the rule to begin with.

Of course average citizens break rules and laws all of the time, sometimes on purpose, sometimes by accident but with no real criminal intent. I don't think the other carriers intended to help the Holmes shooter. But yes, there seems to be a correlation between highly restrictive gun laws and violent crime here in the US.

Then you have places like Switzerland where every citizen has an Ar and is trained to use it and has so little violent crime per capita (although more successful suicides, go figure).
"AR"=/= SIG SG 550.

Just so you know.

"He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither."

Pizzaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:56 AM #19
SevenGold-IV
Just the Tipp

AR could be short for Assault Rifle. The SG 550 is a true select fire Assault Rifle.

I conceal carry most places I go regardless of whether or not they have a no-weapons policy. Its not like the mall has someone at the door with a wand to make sure I am unarmed. And when they do employ someone to enforce their "gun-free" zone I will take my business elsewhere, or disarm before I enter.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:28 AM #20
Swerve22

It's not illegal to enter a property that's marked with "no firearms" unless they've registered beforehand with BCI. Not many organizations have, particularly movie theaters.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:38 AM #21
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraSuper View Post
Am I really that bad? . I really don't post anything that controversial. If I claimed to be white and non-Muslim I doubt many of you would overblow my statements like you do. I hold the same opinions as a large population of Americans.
You're christian?

I don't mean it as you're nuts, but you do like to condemn people with religion. I guess I could have replaced you with LOLRenegade but you're as bad as him either.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote