Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2012, 02:33 PM #106
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Then you lack the capacity for proficient abstract thought.
That you assume. Choosing to understand something for what it is does not make me incapable of "proficient abstract thought".

Which do you think is better?

A. Let my emotions control me and demand that there are repercussions for the destruction of a piece of cloth because it is translated as disrespect towards the country I reside in.

B. Understand that it is literally a piece of cloth that was destroyed and rationally determining a solution to the rioting.
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-12-2012, 02:34 PM #107
AlphaNeo36
lapping your tears
 
AlphaNeo36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 765-IN
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhIoCoNtRActKilLa View Post
Books and paper do not represent ideas to me, they communicate information. What world do you guys live in? Lose your egos.
The thing you have to remember is that people will always react to symbolism of book burning to the same level of symbolism they project towards said book. For me, I view things like the US flag as mass produced US memorabilia so their value has basically gone the way of the Zimbabwean dollar. Now if somebody threw a molotov at the Deceleration, we'd have a problem.
__________________
Overbear: better 10 innocent men be convicted, than a single guilty man go free to commit more crime.
Overbear: I prefer that I be given a license to shoot anyone who would pick socialism or communism over the basic freedoms inherent to consumerism.
MatrixBaller04 AKA EricS6661: I can guarantee something will happen between now and February 9th.
yesme: i'm not saying you should invest in gold first off, you would be much better off to invest in food,stuff you use and will keep for a couple of years, like razors
Blake360: in highschool, my teacher's father worked for the CIA and she brought my class documents proving the Roswell crash was of extraterrestrial origin.
AlphaNeo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:36 PM #108
rT159
BlackOps
 
rT159's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shadows of Darkness
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Don't be dense. It's about what the flag represents, same as a book or a piece of paper: an idea.
Thank you.


It's more than just a flag, it represents everything that America is, and for those that have served, fought and died to protect it. It's a piece of cloth to some, but to others, it's our friends, our family and those that cannot protect themselves. It's the Ambassador and the three others that were just murdered. It's our way of life, it's why we keep fighting. It's...Everything.
rT159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:37 PM #109
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL Renegade View Post
So, instead of just playing along and making their own video playfully making fun of Jews, they go in a butthurt frenzy and kill people.


Islam is like that fat kid in elementary school that gets bullied for being a fat **** and then cries and wonders why he can't lose weight.
http://www.salon.com/2012/08/28/anti...ew_homophobia/
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:37 PM #110
SupraSuper
Celebrate Diversity
 
SupraSuper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL Renegade View Post
So, instead of just playing along and making their own video playfully making fun of Jews, they go in a butthurt frenzy and kill people.


Islam is like that fat kid in elementary school that gets bullied for being a fat **** and then cries and wonders why he can't lose weight.
The attacks were as a result of Abu Yahya al-Libi being killed by a drone strike in June. Al-Qaeda used the anger over the movie to cover for their attack. It's basically been confirmed by all news stations that this was the reason for the attack.

Muslims don't insult other religions, ESPECIALLY not Judaism or Christianity who worship the same God as we do.
__________________
Free Palestine
SuperSupra619 Banned Because of Racist Mods, But It's All Good
LA LAKERS | LA DODGERS
SupraSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:39 PM #111
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhIoCoNtRActKilLa View Post
That you assume. Choosing to understand something for what it is does not make me incapable of "proficient abstract thought".

Which do you think is better?

A. Let my emotions control me and demand that there are repercussions for the destruction of a piece of cloth because it is translated as disrespect towards the country I reside in.

B. Understand that it is literally a piece of cloth that was destroyed and rationally determining a solution to the rioting.
You are being a dumb *** and you need to take a break. Fighting for the flag (a symbol) is fighting for what that flag represents (an idea). Destroying a flag is a symbolic act. How any of this eludes you is disturbing.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:40 PM #112
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by rT159 View Post
Thank you.


It's more than just a flag, it represents everything that America is, and for those that have served, fought and died to protect it. It's a piece of cloth to some, but to others, it's our friends, our family and those that cannot protect themselves. It's the Ambassador and the three others that were just murdered. It's our way of life, it's why we keep fighting. It's...Everything.
You sound so ridiculously brain washed, it's not even funny.

You honestly believe that damaging a piece of cloth merits the harming of another human being? If that is the case, then you are weak.

Edit: TIL I'm a dumb *** for having a differing opinion.

Last edited by OhIoCoNtRActKilLa : 09-12-2012 at 02:44 PM.
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:43 PM #113
SupraSuper
Celebrate Diversity
 
SupraSuper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rT159 View Post
It's more than just a book, it represents everything that Islam is, and for those that have served, fought and died to protect it. It's a piece of paper to some, but to others, it's our friends, our family and those that cannot protect themselves. It's the millions of Muslims who've been murdered in the past 11 years. It's our way of life, it's why we keep fighting. It's...Everything.
Hmmmmm
__________________
Free Palestine
SuperSupra619 Banned Because of Racist Mods, But It's All Good
LA LAKERS | LA DODGERS
SupraSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:44 PM #114
AlphaNeo36
lapping your tears
 
AlphaNeo36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 765-IN
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
You are being a dumb *** and you need to take a break. Fighting for the flag (a symbol) is fighting for what that flag represents (an idea). Destroying a flag is a symbolic act. How any of this eludes you is disturbing.
Then you're not reading what he's saying. He knows all of that but he's overriding emotion with reason. How any of this eludes you is disturbing.
__________________
Overbear: better 10 innocent men be convicted, than a single guilty man go free to commit more crime.
Overbear: I prefer that I be given a license to shoot anyone who would pick socialism or communism over the basic freedoms inherent to consumerism.
MatrixBaller04 AKA EricS6661: I can guarantee something will happen between now and February 9th.
yesme: i'm not saying you should invest in gold first off, you would be much better off to invest in food,stuff you use and will keep for a couple of years, like razors
Blake360: in highschool, my teacher's father worked for the CIA and she brought my class documents proving the Roswell crash was of extraterrestrial origin.
AlphaNeo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:45 PM #115
AlphaNeo36
lapping your tears
 
AlphaNeo36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 765-IN
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rT159 View Post
Thank you.


It's more than just a flag, it represents everything that America is, and for those that have served, fought and died to protect it. It's a piece of cloth to some, but to others, it's our friends, our family and those that cannot protect themselves. It's the Ambassador and the three others that were just murdered. It's our way of life, it's why we keep fighting. It's...Everything.
Replace flag with Quran and America with Islam and we have ourselves a suicide bomber.
__________________
Overbear: better 10 innocent men be convicted, than a single guilty man go free to commit more crime.
Overbear: I prefer that I be given a license to shoot anyone who would pick socialism or communism over the basic freedoms inherent to consumerism.
MatrixBaller04 AKA EricS6661: I can guarantee something will happen between now and February 9th.
yesme: i'm not saying you should invest in gold first off, you would be much better off to invest in food,stuff you use and will keep for a couple of years, like razors
Blake360: in highschool, my teacher's father worked for the CIA and she brought my class documents proving the Roswell crash was of extraterrestrial origin.
AlphaNeo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:46 PM #116
Matt.is.back2011
We are all Witness
 
Matt.is.back2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraSuper View Post
The attacks were as a result of Abu Yahya al-Libi being killed by a drone strike in June. Al-Qaeda used the anger over the movie to cover for their attack. It's basically been confirmed by all news stations that this was the reason for the attack.

Muslims don't insult other religions, ESPECIALLY not Judaism or Christianity who worship the same God as we do.
I certainly hope this is true; otherwise this could escalate very quickly out of control.

Also, I think the best way for the retarded Christians in this country (and they are retarded, let me just reiterate that) to accept your faith like they accept the faiths of so many others, (Hinduism, Judaism, Mormonism, Buddhism, etc.) is for the culture in the middle east to become peaceful and for acts like this to become isolated instances, and not the perceived norm.

Until that changes, and people view Islam as a religion of peace, then they/you will continue to suffer intolerance from others. And while that intolerance may not be justified if it's towards you or someone you know specifically, the best thing for you to do is 'turn the other cheek' and ignore it, and show that you are above their slander.

Like I said earlier, more hateful and spiteful things have been said on this forum alone than what was in that video, and yet none of us get (too) up in arms about it. Rationally, it's the best course of action to just live-and-let-be.
__________________
THE OHIO STATE
Class of 2011
Matt.is.back2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:46 PM #117
SupraSuper
Celebrate Diversity
 
SupraSuper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
I don't think anyone really cares about the actual cloth itself. I think when it get's destroyed they care because they see everything that the cloth represents being insulted.

Matt - I agree. Muslims were accepted widely until September 11th. We never gave ourselves the title of Religion of Peace, it was a title given to us by others because of what the Qur'an teaches as well as the conduct of many Muslims throughout history. After September 11th and the media frenzy with all the new scary words like jihad that Muslims started being viewed as violent.
__________________
Free Palestine
SuperSupra619 Banned Because of Racist Mods, But It's All Good
LA LAKERS | LA DODGERS

Last edited by SupraSuper : 09-12-2012 at 02:51 PM.
SupraSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:48 PM #118
rT159
BlackOps
 
rT159's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shadows of Darkness
 has been a member for 10 years
You really are missing the point, aren't you? The twin towers, those 3000+ people murdered, that was America. And yes, I stand ready to do violence on their behalf. Killing is easy, defending those that don't care is the hard part.
rT159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:49 PM #119
bnctaj
 
 
bnctaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaNeo36 View Post
Replace flag with Quran and America with Islam and we have ourselves a suicide bomber.
Good thing there's absolutely no difference between the items being discussed here
bnctaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:52 PM #120
SupraSuper
Celebrate Diversity
 
SupraSuper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rT159 View Post
You really are missing the point, aren't you? The twin towers, those 3000+ people murdered, that was America. And yes, I stand ready to do violence on their behalf. Killing is easy, defending those that don't care is the hard part.
So when militants from Palestine, Iraq, and Afghanistan see much, much more than 3000+ people murdered and "stand ready to do violence on their behalf", what do you call those types of people?
__________________
Free Palestine
SuperSupra619 Banned Because of Racist Mods, But It's All Good
LA LAKERS | LA DODGERS
SupraSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:53 PM #121
UNDRPRVLGD_V2
UNDR Industries
 
UNDRPRVLGD_V2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: World Wide
Annual Supporting Member
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 plays in the PSP
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 donated to help Peyton Trent
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 supports our troops
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 plays in the APPA D2 division
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by corporationpaintball View Post
You are all worked up in a tissy about the flag, what about the ambassador who was murdered along with 3 other American citizens?

I couldn't care less if a US flag is torn down
And like those that did that, you sir are no better. Its amazing how clueless people are in this world.
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:57 PM #122
bnctaj
 
 
bnctaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraSuper View Post
So when militants from Palestine, Iraq, and Afghanistan see much, much more than 3000+ people murdered and "stand ready to do violence on their behalf", what do you call those types of people?
...

So which of the infighting groups do you believe have right to rule Afghanistan? The Uzbeks? The Pashtuns? Which tribe?

And in Iraq?
bnctaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:59 PM #123
Tin-Man
 
 
Tin-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Grand Portage, MN
Annual Supporting Member
Tin-Man is BST Trusted
Tin-Man plays in the PSP
Tin-Man is playing at Living Legends VI
Tin-Man supports Team VICIOUS
Tin-Man plays in the APPA D4 division
Tin-Man has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Tin-Man supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
Muslums get up in arms because someone insults their "god", that makes every last one of them flat out insane, and the only solution, is genocide.
Muhammed is a the most recent incanate Prophet, not their God. Their God is actually the same God as Christians, they just see Jesus and Moses before him as prophets and holymen.

Get a passport and do some travelling rather than be uneducated and an *** for recommending the genocide of millions of people.
__________________
#60 - PROUD MEMBER OF THE EMPIRE ARMY SINCE 2014
Thunder Bay Defiance Paintball - Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada

Last edited by Tin-Man : 09-12-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Tin-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:00 PM #124
SupraSuper
Celebrate Diversity
 
SupraSuper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
All I want is for him to answer the question. If a Palestinian, an Iraqi, or an Afghani sees thousands/hundreds of thousands of his own innocent countrymen murdered, and than they claim to "stand ready to do violence on their behalf", what are those types of people considered?
__________________
Free Palestine
SuperSupra619 Banned Because of Racist Mods, But It's All Good
LA LAKERS | LA DODGERS
SupraSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:02 PM #125
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Terrorists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDRPRVLGD_V2 View Post
Its amazing how clueless people are in this world.
Funny that you say that...
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:06 PM #126
rT159
BlackOps
 
rT159's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shadows of Darkness
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraSuper View Post
So when militants from Palestine, Iraq, and Afghanistan see much, much more than 3000+ people murdered and "stand ready to do violence on their behalf", what do you call those types of people?
That post was directed to ohio...

And I'm really trying to understand you...I don't hate Muslims, I hate what the radicals stand for. I understand that every religion has their bad apples, but Islamic radicals do more damage than any of the others. I, and many others, will protect America until it kills us. And if you wanna compare us to those you quoted, then so be it, if they're game, then so am I.

rT159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump