Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-18-2012, 03:44 PM #379
FreeEnterprise

FreeEnterprise posts videos on PbNation
According to the laws of science, fabric, can not pass through solid metal without tearing or ripping. It just doesn't happen.

She had a hole in the front and back of her jeans from the bar, which impaled her. And yet, I pulled her out of the car when her jeans passed THROUGH the bar. That isn't possible, and yet I witnessed it, and the old man, as well as the girl in the accident all witnessed it as well.

How did "man" cause her jeans to pass THROUGH the bar and my fingers?

This thread, and most like it in this forum are based on individuals world view. The believer in Islam has a world view that holds to him getting Sharia law as the law of the land.

My world view is Christian, but clearly different than many Christians on this site.

Our world views shape the way we view things that happen. What I can clearly see as the hand of God in the events above, you in your world view, can't.

You are correct, in that all of us get to choose what we believe, but if I witnessed these things, and then didn't tell others, what would that make me?...

It would be like seeing that wreck, and just ignoring it, and letting you believe what you want, while you burned to death right in front of me.

Trails of Doom Stickers on Ebay!
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-18-2012, 03:54 PM #380
Swerve22

has been a member for 10 years
That's an amazing experience, FE. I've had experiences myself that leave no question in my mind as to the existence of God. Unfortunately, religion is a very personal thing that your average person won't udnerstand unless they have a strong personal desire to know the truth. That's the reason I stay far away from the religion forum these days - because some things are understood by the heart and soul rather than on paper or in a debate forum. I enjoyed reading your experience though and hope that it doesn't get treated the same way that most displays of personal experiences or feelings do around these boards.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:01 PM #381
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
It would be like seeing that wreck, and just ignoring it, and letting you believe what you want, while you burned to death right in front of me.
And so be it, as the decisions that I had made would put me in that situation. You assume that we need to be rescued. Why do you feel so certain of this? Don't you ever think "What if I'm wrong"? What if all of these people that you are preaching to actually took what you said to heart and changed themselves because of you, but you were wrong? You never consider that?
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:02 PM #382
Iamamartianchurch

I would argue that spiritual experience is a personal thing but religion is meant for the whole.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:04 PM #383
Swerve22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
I would argue that spiritual experience is a personal thing but religion is meant for the whole.
Not to throw the thread woefully off topic, but could you elaborate on this?

www.gunfacts.info
Old 09-18-2012, 04:12 PM #384
FreeEnterprise

FreeEnterprise posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhIoCoNtRActKilLa View Post
And so be it, as the decisions that I had made would put me in that situation. You assume that we need to be rescued. Why do you feel so certain of this? Don't you ever think "What if I'm wrong"? What if all of these people that you are preaching to actually took what you said to heart and changed themselves because of you, but you were wrong? You never consider that?

John 3:16 answers that question...

But all you have to do is look at what a person produces. If a worldview is good, it will produce good things. Is the worldview that our country has put in power been helpful, or has it damaged our country?

The answer is obvious, gas prices are skyrocketing, food prices are skyrocketing, unemployment skyrocketing (so much so, that they are manipulating the numbers to make it look better than it is), morality is suffering, and our country is divided.

It all comes from our world view, and how we think about things.

A friend of mine made a video that explores a lot of these issues.

Our world views matter, and we all have world views that either produce good or evil. So yeah, you can in fact judge people based on what they do in the world. Many actually have good intentions, but if they do what they want and society suffers under their rule, then logically, that isn't a good course to follow.

Trails of Doom Stickers on Ebay!
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:29 PM #385
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
Not to throw the thread woefully off topic, but could you elaborate on this?
Religions are designed for whole societies. Where you sit in the natural distribution of ability dictates what religion's function is to you. Religion seems to be the very antithesis of the pluralistic society.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:31 PM #386
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa

And the worldview of Christianity is better in what way?

If I choose to love another man, your religion will not allow it.

If I am a woman who is pregnant, your religion will not allow me to have an abortion.

If I choose to have pre-marital sex, your religion will not allow it.

How is it that you can support the organization that enforces these rulings? How can you honestly say that you are indeed a good person when you feel it is your right to tell another human being what they may or may not do? Who has given you or anyone else that right?

Edit: To FE
Old 09-18-2012, 04:42 PM #387
Swerve22

Quote:
And the worldview of Christianity is better in what way?

If I choose to love another man, your religion will not allow it.

If I am a woman who is pregnant, your religion will not allow me to have an abortion.

If I choose to have pre-marital sex, your religion will not allow it.
You're thinking only in terms of what you think is best for you, not what is actually the best for your society as a whole.

www.gunfacts.info
Old 09-18-2012, 04:42 PM #388
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry

tsbalr120 plays in the MiLP
tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
Quote:
How can you honestly say that you are indeed a good person when you feel it is your right to tell another human being what they may or may not do?
You mean like all laws? When you live in a society, few dictate rules of that society. Are those bad people to you?
Old 09-18-2012, 04:47 PM #389
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!

Overbear is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
According to the laws of science, fabric, can not pass through solid metal without tearing or ripping. It just doesn't happen.

She had a hole in the front and back of her jeans from the bar, which impaled her. And yet, I pulled her out of the car when her jeans passed THROUGH the bar. That isn't possible, and yet I witnessed it, and the old man, as well as the girl in the accident all witnessed it as well.

How did "man" cause her jeans to pass THROUGH the bar and my fingers?.
It didn't, in the heat of the moment, with all your adreanline(sp) dumped into your system (along with everyone else on a high) your perception was not what happend. You simply slid the leg off the bar and out of the way, and you got her out.

kudos to you for helping others, but to attest human interaction to some invisible ghost? dude...we lock people up in mental wards for that.

So what does any of this have to do with the extreme hate and intolorance the muslum world has for us?
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche

Last edited by Overbear : 09-18-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Overbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:50 PM #390
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbalr120 View Post
You mean like all laws? When you live in a society, few dictate rules of that society. Are those bad people to you?
To be "good" is to be completely permissive. When permissive behavior creates consequences, it is immediately delt with through efforts to reduce the consequences rather than placing a limit on the behavior.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:54 PM #391
$h@key J0nEZ
Southern By The

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
It didn't, in the heat of the moment, with all your adreanline(sp) dumped into your system (along with everyone else on a high) your perception was not what happend. You simply slid the leg off the bar and out of the way, and you got her out.

kudos to you for helping others, but to attest human interaction to some invisible ghost? dude...we lock people up in mental wards for that.

So what does any of this have to do with the extreme hate and intolorance the muslum world has for us?
We also lock up terrorists for talking about killing people.

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. - Ronald Reagan

"A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master, and deserves one." - Alexander Hamilton
$h@key J0nEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:55 PM #392
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!

Overbear is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by $h@key J0nEZ View Post
We also lock up terrorists for talking about killing people.
no, we lock them up for acting on it...lucky for me I am not a terrorist.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Overbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:57 PM #393
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa

Quote:
You're thinking only in terms of what you think is best for you, not what is actually the best for your society as a whole.
Let me explain a little more.
Quote:
Laws are in place to protect people. When a person speeds, they are endangering the people around them. They are making a decision that can impact other people, which is why we have put laws into place that are to keep that from happening (or as much as possible).

If the decision that someone is making is one that harms another human being, then this is an example where laws are necessary to protect us.

If the decision is one that does not harm another human being, then it is one that nobody needs to worry about.

We obviously have to make some sacrifices when living in a society.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:58 PM #394
Matt.is.back2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
no, we lock them up for acting on it...lucky for me I am not a terrorist.
In his defense, Patriot Act.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:51 PM #395
Swerve22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Religions are designed for whole societies. Where you sit in the natural distribution of ability dictates what religion's function is to you. Religion seems to be the very antithesis of the pluralistic society.
Yes, but this doesn't have an impact on the fact that personal experiences may affect one's feeling towards that religion (assuming that participation in the religion is voluntary)

www.gunfacts.info
Old 09-18-2012, 06:01 PM #396
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Yes, but this doesn't have an impact on the fact that personal experiences may affect one's feeling towards that religion (assuming that participation in the religion is voluntary)
Right which is why religions vary but Religion is universal.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:52 PM #397
Swerve22

Quote:
If the decision that someone is making is one that harms another human being, then this is an example where laws are necessary to protect us.

If the decision is one that does not harm another human being, then it is one that nobody needs to worry about.

We obviously have to make some sacrifices when living in a society.
Speeding can directly harm somebody else, but some of the things you mentioned harm society as a whole, just indirectly.

For example a child growing up in a single parent family which is more likely to happen when promiscuity and lack of moral character abounds is more likely to be less educated and more likely to become involved in drugs or criminal activity or have emotional problems. Neighborhoods where broken homes are the norm tend to be the neighborhoods with the most crime and the worst standards of living. So sure it doesn't directly effect somebody at least not as visibly, but there is in fact measurable harm to society.

www.gunfacts.info
Old 09-18-2012, 08:57 PM #398
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry

tsbalr120 plays in the MiLP
tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
Quote:

So you're against laws that make people wear clothes or outlawing public sex?
against loitering laws?
public drunkenness?

Not all laws are to "protect" people. Most are just agreements of the restrictions of rights that the majority think is best for the group. It's how a society chooses how the members should live. Support it or not, that's how it works.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:05 PM #399
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa

Quote:
So you're against laws that make people wear clothes or outlawing public sex?
against loitering laws?
public drunkenness?

Not all laws are to "protect" people. Most are just agreements of the restrictions of rights that the majority think is best for the group. It's how a society chooses how the members should live. Support it or not, that's how it works.
Did you miss the part where I said some sacrifices have to be made when living in an organized society? Come on man, I'm not a *******. The point is that you, nor anyone else, has the right to tell another human being who they can love or what they want to do with their body. How anyone could feel empowered to do so really just boggles my mind.