Thought I would make a thread to post any updates to my car. This will be a lengthy build, but it will be good
Here is a older thread, and links to even older build threads
Old thread from 2010
My setup in 2011
I then thought I was going to just drop in a gen3 motor with bolt ons and make 350whp. I sold the turbo kit, intercooler, intake manifold, COP setup, and all the other misc stuff. Once it was all sold my buddy finished his big turbo mr2, I saw some videos, his dyno graph and thought what a idiot I was. I started to gather parts around October of 2011 and a new build began.
My goal for 2013 was to have a cleaner engine bay, and the most simple setup I could have. I contacted http://racerxfabrication.com/
again who did the original a2w intercooler setup. I told him what I was doing so he started fabrication on a straight runner intake manifold. This would come through the firewall into my trunk so I needed a intercooler. All the intercoolers people use today have **** endtanks so I bought just a core and had it shipped to him. He is making me custom sheetmetal endtanks which flow better and will have the plumbing sit how I want it. He is also making me a topmount exhaust manifold from schedule 40 SS I got. The manifold will be v-band with a 3.5" v-band downpipe. I added pan e-vac pipes on the downpipe on it to replace my catch can. So everything turbo out would be 3.5" I needed a new exhaust! I sold my dual 3" exhaust and planned a straight pipe. However during that time another mr2 vendor was doing a remake on a very popular exhaust. I joined the group buy and ended up going with his dual 3.5" exhaust. Where the exhaust joins the stock mr2 piping is designed for 3" so I am going to remove that section and do full 3.5" v-band!
Test product on a car. I should hopefully have this in my possession within a few weeks.
Running only E85 can be a hassle, so I decided to get a flexfuel sensor with -6AN fittings adapted to it from Haltech. At this time I was looking for gauge options because I hate a-pillar pods and all that crap. Sent a deposit in for a gauge Dynosty was working on and it actually went into production. The gauge goes in the oem clock spot and can switch between 6 sensors. I have ethanol percentage and oil pressure. Now all my gauges in my car are in oem spots and the interior looks stock.
I hate black wheels and got a good deal on some powdercoat so I just went with a random blue/purple color for fun.
Off to a friends for bodywork.
Fixing cracked front lip, remounting front lip better, filling plate and emblem holes on bumper, respraying bumper and front lip, all black trim will be sprayed, fixing rocker rust and pinch welds, spraying the rockers as well.
Should have bodywork pictures on Sunday. Also pictures of all the fabricated pictures sometime soon. Once I get my fender roller back I will be pulling the fronts and rears a bit more and going as low as possible.
The last things I need to order is my ecu which will most likely be a drop-in board vipec v44 or the Haltech p1000. I would like to order some id2000s, and a walbro 485 still but my setup now will still allow for decent power.
Hopefully have alot of parts coming soon and some progress!