Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-24-2012, 02:00 PM #106
Iamamartianchurch

Before we bring the boys back home, we need to ditch the information economy. If we have any hope of sustaining ourselves.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-24-2012, 02:11 PM #107
jamest91

jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
What happened to that small businesses are job creators talking point? Dropping it for the bigger government bit?

Even with the cuts no one can match our military.
Right. Under Obama, military spending will be cut, leading to thousands of more unemployed workers. (My mother included)

Small business is a major economic booster and job creator, but Obama wants to continue business regulation and taxation increases. This keeps small business and corporations in a constant fear of being taxed, which creates a fear of creating jobs by hiring new employees.

About military powers catching up to us in technological advancement: This would definitely not happen all of a sudden, but if we do in fact cut our military spending, our advancement will be slowed down. This could give other military powers an advantage if they are able to lessen the gap between our tech and theirs. Though nations may not be able to match our advances, some nations have far superior numbers which could make up for that lack of technology. This is a rare thing, but could happen at some point in time.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:33 PM #108
jamest91

I thought this was a good read btw... its just a summary from Fact Check of Obama's 1st term.

http://factcheck.org/2012/10/obamas-numbers/
Old 10-24-2012, 02:39 PM #109
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry

tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
It's gotten to the point where we need fact checkers for fact checkers.
Damn
Old 10-24-2012, 02:55 PM #110
custar

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
I'm pretty sure if something that huge went down those mutual defense agreements would be invoked and we'd have no problems, period.
A lot can change in the time that it takes to bring a new capital ship on-line. We were hamstrung badly enough by the attack on Pearl Harbor. If our carriers had been in port as expected when the Japanese attacked, the Pacific theater would have played out differently.

Quote:
If more needs to be done the UN,NATO, etc. can step up.
You have A LOT more faith in the UN than I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Before we bring the boys back home, we need to ditch the information economy. If we have any hope of sustaining ourselves.
You caught my attention with this. Do expound, please.

custar

"That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..."
Samuel Adams
Ave Caesar Obama! Tributituri ad moritus te salutant.

Looking for Action Markers Diadem Tanks for sale

Old feedback thread
custar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:29 PM #111
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbalr120 View Post
Damn
This is actually quite true and quite distressing.
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:09 PM #112
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by custar View Post
A lot can change in the time that it takes to bring a new capital ship on-line. We were hamstrung badly enough by the attack on Pearl Harbor. If our carriers had been in port as expected when the Japanese attacked, the Pacific theater would have played out differently.

You have A LOT more faith in the UN than I do.

You caught my attention with this. Do expound, please.

custar
The information economy is self referential. It produces ideas and entertainment, mostly, that typically has little relevance outside of the individual consumer. It shouldn't come as any surprise that just about any economist will tell you that immigration is a good thing for the economy. The information economy requires infinite growth. This means more consumers are required.

The only thing that keeps it from devouring itself is our large military which tips economic relations in our favor. Not only that, but it allows us to steal portions of the productivity of other nations. We think of it, you make it. You can't stop the inevitable imbalance without a little coercion.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:28 PM #113
jamest91

immigration I believe is a good thing for the United States. It is when so many of those immigrants are here illegally that it becomes an issue. (My state)
Old 10-24-2012, 05:16 PM #114
Tafari Makonnen
His Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umami View Post
[IMG]http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/carriers-2012.gif[IMG]
Let us try that again:

Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most; that has made it possible for evil to triumph.
Tafari Makonnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:58 PM #115
custar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
The information economy is self referential. It produces ideas and entertainment, mostly, that typically has little relevance outside of the individual consumer. It shouldn't come as any surprise that just about any economist will tell you that immigration is a good thing for the economy. The information economy requires infinite growth. This means more consumers are required.

The only thing that keeps it from devouring itself is our large military which tips economic relations in our favor. Not only that, but it allows us to steal portions of the productivity of other nations. We think of it, you make it. You can't stop the inevitable imbalance without a little coercion.
My question went more toward how and why before we bring our boys home.

custar

"That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..."
Samuel Adams
Ave Caesar Obama! Tributituri ad moritus te salutant.

Looking for Action Markers Diadem Tanks for sale

Old feedback thread
custar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:30 AM #116
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tafari Makonnen View Post
Let us try that again:

Even that one is off. At first glance, the 63 and 67 are decommed and the 65 is scheduled for decomm in... a little over a month.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:10 AM #117
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by custar View Post
My question went more toward how and why before we bring our boys home.

custar
Could you clarify your question?
Old 10-25-2012, 09:13 AM #118
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
Even that one is off. At first glance, the 63 and 67 are decommed and the 65 is scheduled for decomm in... a little over a month.
I don't remember the timeframe, but the Nimitz is scheduled to be decommissioned as well. Im pretty sure its a few years out. Career killer they call that boat
Old 10-25-2012, 09:15 AM #119
Blake360

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbalr120 View Post
Damn
Because facts aren't true unless they come from liberal fact checkers.
Blake360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:31 AM #120
Tafari Makonnen
His Imperial Majesty

Quote:
They are still in our possition and capable of reactivation within a relativley short period of time.

Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most; that has made it possible for evil to triumph.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:58 AM #121
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Apparently you haven't heard about the JFK's "problems". She will never sail again.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:15 AM #122
Matt.is.back2011
We are all Witness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake360

Because facts aren't true unless they come from liberal fact checkers.
Have you ever used factcheck.org? They don't just post claims that may go against your preconceived notions of the truth; they provide citations and sourced to their claims so people can look them up for themselves.

What is liberal about that?
Old 10-25-2012, 10:16 AM #123
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest91 View Post
Right. Under Obama, military spending will be cut, leading to thousands of more unemployed workers. (My mother included)

Small business is a major economic booster and job creator, but Obama wants to continue business regulation and taxation increases. This keeps small business and corporations in a constant fear of being taxed, which creates a fear of creating jobs by hiring new employees.

About military powers catching up to us in technological advancement: This would definitely not happen all of a sudden, but if we do in fact cut our military spending, our advancement will be slowed down. This could give other military powers an advantage if they are able to lessen the gap between our tech and theirs. Though nations may not be able to match our advances, some nations have far superior numbers which could make up for that lack of technology. This is a rare thing, but could happen at some point in time.
So you're saying you're all about the government creating jobs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt.is.back2011 View Post
Have you ever used factcheck.org? They don't just post claims that may go against your preconceived notions of the truth; they provide citations and sourced to their claims so people can look them up for themselves.

Everything. Don't forget that colleges are liberal indoctrination centers and guess where those skills are key?
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:00 AM #124
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt.is.back2011 View Post

If it's against his agenda, it's fraudulent. Come on now... it's tried and true concept!

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:25 AM #125
Umami
"That guy"

Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tafari Makonnen View Post
Let us try that again:

[IMG]http://www.wuala.com/en/api/preview/Luzius/Documents/Information/Aircraft%20Carriers.gif[/IG]
Gah, someone ****ed with my graphic. Thanks for finding the real one.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:18 PM #126
Tafari Makonnen
His Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Apparently you haven't heard about the JFK's "problems". She will never sail again.
It was scheduled for a year+ overhaul to remain in service, which was cancelled. There is no reason that this cannot be completed and the ship returned to service. It is currently in the reserve fleet, though given the history of the ship it is likely to end up on loan as a museum. I do not believe any of the ships in that image have been slated for scrapping.

Last edited by Tafari Makonnen : 10-25-2012 at 12:21 PM.