PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-23-2012, 04:29 PM #85
$h@key J0nEZ
Southern By The

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
The recession started in 2007. Want to know what else happened in 2007? The Colts won the Superbowl. Therefore the Colts are responsible for the recession. "I'm not providing anymore evidence for the blatantly obvious" and I'm not going to provide any experts that believe this. "If you can't put two and two together to figure this out, then I can't help you."

Seewhatididthere? I'm not bothering because you have yet to make a real argument. Not because I don't have balls (also what are we? 12?).
Somebody is in denial.

The moths & atheists are doubly divine & dying” - Jim Morrison
$h@key J0nEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-23-2012, 05:58 PM #86
SupraSuper
Celebrate Diversity

Last nights debate was a smackdown of epic proportions. Obama is going to win Ohio and it's all over from there.
SupraSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:42 PM #87
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by $h@key J0nEZ View Post
Somebody is in denial.
Still waiting on any legitimate argument, evidence, or academic support.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:12 AM #88
Umami
"That guy"

Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
Old 10-24-2012, 12:26 AM #89
Bloodeagle

Thailand bought a carrier from Spain? The UK carriers look homely.
Bloodeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:42 AM #90
jamest91

jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraSuper View Post
Last nights debate was a smackdown of epic proportions. Obama is going to win Ohio and it's all over from there.
I actually thought it was either a tie or slight win for Romney, but mainly a tie. I am able to see past Obama's propaganda speech and tone though so it's easier for me to not sway to his side so easily.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:26 AM #91
$h@key J0nEZ
Southern By The

Quote:
Still waiting on any legitimate argument, evidence, or academic support.
lol, not worth it

Old 10-24-2012, 08:21 AM #92
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by $h@key J0nEZ View Post
lol, not worth it
Do you try to troll or are you legitimately that dumb? What do you think would happen when you make an absurd claim with no backing, evidence, or even reasons why?
Old 10-24-2012, 08:24 AM #93
Matt.is.back2011
We are all Witness

He lives in Georgia; I don't think having reasons & rationale for one's beliefs is a strong prerequesite in most instances.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:36 AM #94
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
There is something off about the graphic...

Problem 1- the first column of US "carriers" are amphibious assault ships. Gator Freightors.

I know Russia recently sold an OLD carrier to China which they just overhauled... but Russia's numbers... I have to call a few people.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts

Last edited by barrel roll : 10-24-2012 at 09:38 AM.
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:57 AM #95
jamest91

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post

Problem 1- the first column of US "carriers" are amphibious assault ships. Gator Freightors.

I know Russia recently sold an OLD carrier to China which they just overhauled... but Russia's numbers... I have to call a few people.
However the point of the graphic still makes its point that the US Navy could blow any other navy out of the water regardless of what ships are put in the graphic.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:09 PM #96
Matt.is.back2011
We are all Witness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest91 View Post
However the point of the graphic still makes its point that the US Navy could blow any other navy out of the water regardless of what ships are put in the graphic.
Which is why we need to invest another 2 trillion into the military.

Romney2012.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:15 PM #97
jamest91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt.is.back2011 View Post
Which is why we need to invest another 2 trillion into the military.

Romney2012.
Or we could cut defense spending and add numerous amounts of people to the unemployment rate, also allowing other superpowers to catch up to the US in military advancement.

Obama2012.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:17 PM #98
Matt.is.back2011
We are all Witness

Quote:
Or we could cut defense spending and add numerous amounts of people to the unemployment rate, also allowing other superpowers to catch up to the US in military advancement.

Obama2012.
The military is oversaturated as it is, given your original post. Let them try to find work like the rest of us.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:23 PM #99
F1VENOM

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:

Obama2012.
What happened to that small businesses are job creators talking point? Dropping it for the bigger government bit?

Even with the cuts no one can match our military.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:54 PM #100
Umami
"That guy"

Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
Quote:

I'm not sure your first contention really matters as long as they count amphibious assault ships from other nations. Several of the "carriers" on the list don't look they could launch anything but helos and VTOL planes anyway.

The Russia thing surprised me as well but wikipedia agreed so I went with it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...Soviet _Union
Old 10-24-2012, 01:02 PM #101
$h@key J0nEZ
Southern By The

Quote:
Do you try to troll or are you legitimately that dumb? What do you think would happen when you make an absurd claim with no backing, evidence, or even reasons why?
What's wrong? Can't handle a taste of your own medicine?

Quote:
He lives in Georgia; I don't think having reasons & rationale for one's beliefs is a strong prerequesite in most instances.
Ohio lololololololoololololol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umami View Post
I'm not sure your first contention really matters as long as they count amphibious assault ships from other nations. Several of the "carriers" on the list don't look they could launch anything but helos and VTOL planes anyway.

The Russia thing surprised me as well but wikipedia agreed so I went with it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...Soviet _Union
I'd like to see a comparison of various countries subs that are armed with nukes.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:02 PM #102
custar

Quote:

Carriers mostly in name. They carry Harriers and heli's, not a full panoply of strike aircraft, and do not have the same mission as CVA's. But why let that get in the way of a graphic.

http://www.globalfirepower.com/navy-...t-carriers.asp

We spend a lot on the military because we have gone the tech route; we have invested heavily in aircraft armor (including APC's). I was surprised to see how far behind we actually are in artillery. Granted, what we have is generally very good, but it is spread out all over the globe. Our numbers in any one place are not that impressive, and if the crap truly hit the fan for real, a primary goal of our antagonist would be to prevent us deploying troops to where the fighting is. Without a period of unmolested build up as we had against Iraq, I question how a pitched conflict would turn out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
Even with the cuts no one can match our military.
Perhaps no one country, but if we did become engaged in a real war with a major rival, it would be naive to think that other powers would not make a move to grab some of our possessions or distract us from the major conflict. Think of a mirror image of that scenario as how we were able to earn our independence from Britain.

custar

"That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..."
Samuel Adams
Ave Caesar Obama! Tributituri ad moritus te salutant.

Looking for Action Markers Diadem Tanks for sale

Old feedback thread
custar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:19 PM #103
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by custar View Post
Perhaps no one country, but if we did become engaged in a real war with a major rival, it would be naive to think that other powers would not make a move to grab some of our possessions or distract us from the major conflict. Think of a mirror image of that scenario as how we were able to earn our independence from Britain.

custar
I'm pretty sure if something that huge went down those mutual defense agreements would be invoked and we'd have no problems, period.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 10-24-2012, 01:21 PM #104
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
The military is oversaturated as it is, given your original post. Let them try to find work like the rest of us.
The military manning is not over saturated for what the enlisted and commissioned people are asked to do. In fact, they are undermanned.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:24 PM #105
F1VENOM

Quote:
The military manning is not over saturated for what the enlisted and commissioned people are asked to do. In fact, they are undermanned.
That's why you cut down on our theaters and bring them all home. If more needs to be done the UN,NATO, etc. can step up.