Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-19-2012, 05:16 PM #106
BodyCount81
Jerrah

BodyCount81 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence2kill View Post
huh? custar was explaining my position to you...you really are ****ing clueless...

And no, you have NOT been paying federal income tax since you were sixteen
Yes, I need someone to explain how stupid you really are.

Back to my question, where do you come up with the stuff you post? Mainly referring to this statement about who does and doesn't pay federal income tax: "obviously the elderly and the young seeking higher education dont."

Uh pretty sure I have been. Can't verify it though since I have no clue where those pay stubs are.

"It's mine."
BodyCount81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:45 PM #107
Tin-Man

Annual Supporting Member
Tin-Man is BST Trusted
Tin-Man plays in the PSP
Tin-Man is playing at Living Legends VI
Tin-Man supports Team VICIOUS
Tin-Man plays in the APPA D4 division
Tin-Man has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Tin-Man supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
So where are we getting "leech" from? Did he say it or is the media and opposing political groups insinuating he said it?
I hadn't watched the full video. Not leech, but he said that they were dependant on government programs, and said that they felt entitled to free healthcare, free housing, etc... and that they felt they were victims without paying income tax.

Quote: "who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them."

Yeah, unless the mysterious 2 minutes of missing video starts with 'I don't mean anything I am about to say for the next hour', he's an ***.

So to recap, he pisses off the British during the Olympics, he pisses off the Palestinians, he said he's written off the 'victims' as part of his support base.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:24 PM #108
Luke ????
United States Coast Guard

Luke ???? owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Luke ???? plays in the APPA D5 division
Has any one noticed that the Romney 2012 thread has more activity than the Obama 2012 thread...lol
Old 09-19-2012, 09:29 PM #109
licence2kill
POOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyCount81 View Post
Yes, I need someone to explain how stupid you really are.
he was explaining different types of taxes to you so that you'd understand the difference between income taxes and payroll taxes.

Quote:
Back to my question, where do you come up with the stuff you post? Mainly referring to this statement about who does and doesn't pay federal income tax: "obviously the elderly and the young seeking higher education dont."
Economists who analyze the numbers.

Quote:
Uh pretty sure I have been. Can't verify it though since I have no clue where those pay stubs are.
Pretty sure you weren't even making enough to qualify for federal income tax at the time...you we're paying payroll taxes...
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:34 PM #110
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:

Pretty sure you weren't even making enough to qualify for federal income tax at the time...you we're paying payroll taxes...
You always pay in, bud. You just get it all back at the end of the year. I remember doing it, except it was since I was 14. I even remember filling out my state and federal tax forms.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:08 PM #111
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Let's be frank. Mitt Romney didn't pay federal income taxes like the 47% he is criticizing.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:16 PM #112
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
Let's be frank. Mitt Romney didn't pay federal income taxes like the 47% he is criticizing.
You're citing Kanye West on this one?

Last edited by The Inflicted : 09-19-2012 at 11:18 PM.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:17 AM #113
licence2kill
POOP

I really like this post by Ezra Klein on the 47% fiasco.

Quote:
What Mitt Romney Doesn’t Get About Responsibility: “There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what,” Mitt Romney told a room full of donors…. "47 percent… dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims… entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it.”… “These are people who pay no income tax,” he continued, “47 percent of Americans pay no income tax.”

Let’s do away with the ridiculous myth that 47 percent of Americans are tax-evading moochers….

Still, for my money, the worst of Romney’s comments were these: “My job is not to worry about those people. I’ll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives.”

When he said this, Romney didn’t just write off half the country behind closed doors. He also confirmed the worst suspicions about who he is: an entitled rich guy with no understanding of how people who aren’t rich actually live.

The thing about not having much money is you have to take much more responsibility for your life. You can’t pay people to watch your kids or clean your house or fix your meals. You can’t necessarily afford a car or a washing machine or a home in a good school district…. [Romney] is a guy who sold his dad’s stock to pay for college, who built an elevator to ensure easier access to his multiple cars, and who was able to support his wife’s decision to be a stay-at-home mom. That’s great! That’s the dream. The problem is that he doesn’t seem to realize how difficult it is to focus on college when you’re also working full time, how much planning it takes to reliably commute to work without a car, or the agonizing choices faced by families in which both parents work and a child falls ill. The working poor haven’t abdicated responsibility for their lives. They’re drowning in it….

As economist Jed Friedman wrote in an online post for the World Bank, “The repeated trade-offs confronting the poor in daily decision making -- i.e. ‘should I purchase a bit more food or a bit more fertilizer?’ -- occupy cognitive resources that would instead lay fallow for the wealthy when confronted with the same decision. The rich can afford both a bit more food and a bit more fertilizer, no decision is necessary.” The point… is really, really hard to be poor. That’s because the poorer you are, the more personal responsibility you have to take.

Romney, apparently, thinks it’s folks like him who’ve really had it hard…. That sentiment informs his policy platform… he’s trying to make policy with a worldview that’s completely backward.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...nsibility.html
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:24 AM #114
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is Legendary
I think, maybe, people are misunderstanding what was said.

I do wonder what was in the 2 missing minutes RIGHT BEFORE the "dastardly quote".
Old 09-20-2012, 08:43 AM #115
Matt.is.back2011
Urban Warfare

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
I think, maybe, people are misunderstanding what was said.

I do wonder what was in the 2 missing minutes RIGHT BEFORE the "dastardly quote".
Odds are it's nothing he hasn't said 100 times in all of his other stump speeches. Why do you presume there is a saving grace hidden from you?
Old 09-20-2012, 09:05 AM #116
Iamamartianchurch

Well, time to start making "I am the 53%" stickers.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:36 AM #117
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt.is.back2011 View Post
Odds are it's nothing he hasn't said 100 times in all of his other stump speeches. Why do you presume there is a saving grace hidden from you?
Because I don't know.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:16 PM #118
Swerve22

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
Yeah the IRS never would have cought it if somebody as wealthy as Romney was cheating on his taxes.

Haters gonna hate.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:07 PM #119
Eric the Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Well, time to start making "I am the 53%" stickers.
So you make between $200 and $250 K? Thats Romneys definition of the middle class ya know,the clueless jerk. Oh and by the way his own mother stated that when Mitten's father came to the US from Mexico he initially had to subsit on welfare. Hmm. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPZPaysBTqk

Last edited by Eric the Fish : 09-20-2012 at 02:09 PM.
Eric the Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:07 PM #120
shakeyjonez
In GOD We Trust!

If Romney knew what was good for his campaign he'd boot Ryan and corral the swing vote by asking Dr. Paul to be his VP. Loser.

"Love those who hurt you the most, because they are probably the ones closest to you.” ― Nikki Sixx
shakeyjonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:25 PM #121
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric the Fish View Post
So you make between $200 and $250 K? Thats Romneys definition of the middle class ya know,the clueless jerk. Oh and by the way his own mother stated that when Mitten's father came to the US from Mexico he initially had to subsit on welfare. Hmm. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPZPaysBTqk
"47 percent… dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims… entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it.”… “These are people who pay no income tax,” he continued, “47 percent of Americans pay no income tax.”

Where does it say anything about the middle class?

Although I should just make "I am the 47%" stickers to cash in on the dupes who bought the "I am the 99%" stickers.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:43 PM #122
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric the Fish View Post
So you make between $200 and $250 K? Thats Romneys definition of the middle class ya know,the clueless jerk.
That's funny.
I thought what Romney actually said was, "No, middle income is $200,000 to $250,000 and less."

...which is the same definition Obama uses. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1891814.html

You can make-believe that Romney didn't say the "and less" part.
I can't stop you.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:12 PM #123
Eric the Fish

True he did say and less. Awkward uasage of language. Between 50 k and 250 k would have better terminology. The way he stated it, it seems to be 200k to 250K as the median when in actuality it represents the upper middle class. In any event Obama wants to increase taxes on people who make in excess of 250k and if you want more accurate labels name them the top 5%. I am trying to point out Romney has little common with most Americans. To the point where he would deny people the very programs that helped his own fatter get a leg up.

Last edited by Eric the Fish : 09-20-2012 at 03:16 PM.
Eric the Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:05 PM #124
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
Yeah the IRS never would have cought it if somebody as wealthy as Romney was cheating on his taxes.

Haters gonna hate.
Keeping your money in offshore accounts and Cayman banks isn't against the law. The IRS can't do anything. But it is super hypocritical to criticize others for not paying taxes while using every shady loophole in the book to not pay yours.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:06 PM #125
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is Legendary
Obama, likewise, has little in common with most US citizens. I actually think the president has less in common than frmr Gov Romney does (from what Ive gathered from the president's book).
Old 09-20-2012, 05:10 PM #126
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
I really like this post by Ezra Klein on the 47% fiasco.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...nsibility.html

One again Ezra proves himself one of the finest journalists of our era. And one of the few true journalists. Comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable indeed!
HawaiiPB/PumpPB - Our videos | Droidtiles.com - NFC Tags for Android and mobile devices
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote