Volucris
asmuchtextastheywillallow

nah, we must relish upon the republican tears

sweet, salty tears
Volucris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:49 AM #863
SupraSuper
Celebrate Diversity

I feel bad for the little guy. He put up a hell of a campaign. I bet he's just happy that it's all over and he can now go enjoy his hundreds of millions of dollars in peace.
SupraSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:58 AM #864
marcozombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraSuper
I feel bad for the little guy. He put up a hell of a campaign. I bet he's just happy that it's all over and he can now go enjoy his hundreds of millions of dollars in peace.
Lol, I thought the same thing: Wow, I feel for Mitt. He gave it all, left it all on the field and is now left with nothing... Oh wait.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:58 AM #865
Matt.is.back2011
Urban Warfare

Romney 2016. Be there.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:08 AM #866
Swerve22

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt.is.back2011 View Post
Romney 2016. Be there.
Romney's political goose is cooked. I wish it wasn't so but he couldn't beat McCain in turnout.

My best prediction for 2016 is Michelle Obama vs. Either Rubio or (dreadfully) Santorum.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:10 AM #867
SupraSuper
Celebrate Diversity

Hillary Clinton vs Chris Christie

My vote goes to Christie
Old 11-07-2012, 11:13 AM #868
Swerve22

That's a possibility too, I just think that the Obama brand just became another political dynasty, and I can't imagine Michelle not running and allowing Hillary in.

I'd be ok with Christie as president, I'm hot and cold on him depending on the day.

www.gunfacts.info
Old 11-07-2012, 11:16 AM #869
SupraSuper
Celebrate Diversity

Well Hillary stepped down from the State Department, even after this win, so I can only assume she's going to take the next 4 years to prep herself for her run. I find it hard to believe anyone would take Michelle Obama seriously.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:24 AM #870
StellarKnight
Mind Erasure

StellarKnight is a Supporting Member
StellarKnight is a founding member
StellarKnight has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
I just think that the Obama brand just became another political dynasty
Why do you say that?
Evil presupposes a moral decision, intention, and some forethought. A moron doesn't stop to think or reason. He acts on instinct, like a stable animal, convinced he's doing good, that he's always right, and sanctimoniously proud to go around ****ing up . . .What the world needs is more thoroughly evil people and fewer idiot ****heads.
StellarKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:24 AM #871
jamest91

jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
i would vote Hillary Clinton. I voted for her in the primaries actually for this election. Benefit of Hillary is you get Bill as well.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:54 PM #872
Swerve22

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellarKnight View Post
Why do you say that?
At the end of his term the narrative will be that Obama righted the country - regardless of the details. Any other president would have been sunk with these numbers, Obama defied the political odds and defied history. Assuming something big doesn't sink him in his second term (example the crash at the end of Bush's second term) the Obama name will be synonymous with vicotry. Hillary's thunder has been stolen.

www.gunfacts.info
Old 11-07-2012, 01:12 PM #873
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Don't be too sad, Romney fans. The world ends in a month. Obama only gets that much time.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:17 PM #874
jamest91

You know... one could argue that in truth, the Mayans predicted Obama being elected to a 2nd term, which is the real cause to the end of the world.

Europe collapses and the US follows shortly thereafter, then leading to world collapse.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:18 PM #875
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower

spracks21 plays in the PSP
spracks21 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spracks21 supports Team VICIOUS
spracks21 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest91 View Post
i would vote Hillary Clinton. I voted for her in the primaries actually for this election. Benefit of Hillary is you get Bill as well.
I'm very surprised to hear you say that. I'd consider voting for Hilary Clinton in 2016, but the Libya issue is going to come back and probably hurt her chances a bit. Biden or Warren will also be very good candidates.
spracks21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:22 PM #876
jamest91

Quote:
Originally Posted by spracks21 View Post
I'm very surprised to hear you say that. I'd consider voting for Hilary Clinton in 2016, but the Libya issue is going to come back and probably hurt her chances a bit. Biden or Warren will also be very good candidates.
Biden would secure the Republican victory in 2016 after what is going to happen at the end of Obama's 2nd term.

I have always been very supportive of the Clintons. I think he did a great job during his presidency and I strongly believe Hillary would do an excellent job as well. Technically electing Hillary would also be giving Bill a 3rd term as well.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:40 PM #877
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower

spracks21 plays in the PSP
spracks21 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spracks21 supports Team VICIOUS
spracks21 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest91 View Post
Biden would secure the Republican victory in 2016 after what is going to happen at the end of Obama's 2nd term.

I have always been very supportive of the Clintons. I think he did a great job during his presidency and I strongly believe Hillary would do an excellent job as well. Technically electing Hillary would also be giving Bill a 3rd term as well.
Obviously I have a more optimistic view of America's resilience than you do. I see us already moving forward, and believe that **** will continue getting better each year. Biden crushes in debates and now has major experience. So we'll just see how the next few years go for him I guess.

Important to note though, Hillary of course would not be the exact same person as Bill if president. Her foreign policy would likely be different, for one. But Bill will of course be a major asset for her.

And Liz warren will likely carry a lot of support from the more progressive members of the democratic party.

I would happily vote for any of those three, but as I think that things will keep getting better under Obama-Biden, I think Joe Biden will hold the middle-class vote and be the eventual nominee. We'll see though.
spracks21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:17 PM #878
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

James, you do realize that in the 47% video Romney himself said that the economy is going to rebound by itself right?
Old 11-07-2012, 02:24 PM #879
jamest91

the economy rebounding from where it was in 08 doesnt exactly mean its going to be a good economy.... it just means it is no longer spiraling horribly downward.

The economy will always go up eventually. Why? Private sectors are a wonderful thing like that. The question is always how long will it take, and how good will it get before it heads downward again
Old 11-08-2012, 09:04 AM #880
Ieo
Out of your element

Ieo supports Team VICIOUS
Ieo is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Ieo is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by $h@key J0nEZ View Post
Romney went all McCain and let his emotions out during his concession speech. If he would have been genuine like that during his speeches and the debates, he would be president right now. I actually like the guy when he isn't wearing his politician face.
He would be president right now if he wasn't such an out-of-touch plutocrat. Let's get this straight- If it wasn't for the unbelievably poor quality of their candidates, the GOP would have swept this election easily. The uninformed majority WANTED to blame somebody for the slow recovery, and early on the GOP successfully pegged the democrats. If it wasn't for Romney's overwhelming sleezeball nature and various congressmen who think this is the 1950's, the GOP would have cleaned house. Unfortunately, when you say something unbelievably stupid, people hear about it.

Moral of the story: Stop catering to the extreme right nut-jobs and get back to basics. This is coming from a dead-center moderate who probably would have voted Romney if he was in any way, shape, or form a believable candidate. I could have seen myself voting for Huntsman or even Paul, but as soon as Romney got it I knew where my vote was going. Honestly, it's a damn shame that only the craziest of the republican nominees were taken seriously.

*Edit*

One thing to keep in mind....on the grand spectrum of politics, Obama is actually NOT a liberal...he's a left-leaning moderate. If the republican nominees were THAT far to the right of moderate, you have a problem.

Last edited by Ieo : 11-08-2012 at 09:07 AM.
Ieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:33 AM #881
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

God, I wish the GOP had let Romney run as the real Romney. We need the GOP to come back to Earth so we can finally have some real political discourse.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:39 AM #882
Iamamartianchurch

Moral of the story so far: any degree from center to left is OK.

Any degree to the right.

SOUND THE ALARMS!
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote