Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2012, 02:03 AM #316
Dentpusher
 
 
Dentpusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Land of OZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakeyjonez View Post
You should shorten yours too.
to nuthin........ actually, we need guys like this around to point out how ridiculous the liberal arguments are AND, unlike the Left, I BELIEVE in the first amendment and will defend it no matter HOW much I dislike what someone is saying.
__________________
"I NEED MORE GEAR!!!">>>> my "not totally pawned" shop!.

My GEAR Bag sale

TeamChaos99 ripped me and others off! Good guy gone bad!!!

Last edited by Dentpusher : 10-04-2012 at 02:09 AM.
Dentpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:06 AM #317
licence2kill
POOP
 
licence2kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dentpusher View Post
Quote your source ..... or is it another Propaganda Piece from "Think Progress"?
http://macromarketmusings.blogspot.c...sury-debt.html

It's raw data on a graph...

licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:31 AM #318
Dentpusher
 
 
Dentpusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Land of OZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence2kill View Post
Yeah, I got it. I also looked up the SOURCE of the data.... here is a little quote about them:
"In October 2008, SIFMA laid off over 25% of its staff in the United States due to the "industry upheaval" which left its member firms in financial straits, and the loss of three of it primary member firms—Lehman Brothers, Bear Stearns, and Merrill Lynch." Layman's terms - Sounds like they are buddies with all the guys that run the FED.
"In June 2009, SIFMA began a campaign to combat the “populist overreaction” against Wall Street’s role in the global financial crisis. It hired two aides who had worked for Henry Paulson when he was Treasury Secretary, to help cleanse Wall Street’s image in the eyes of average Americans. " - Layman's terms - they are Wall Street insiders trying to white wash their image.

Oh, and saved the best for last Along with donating multi-millions of dollars to "political action committiees" (democrat) .......

"The Madoff family had long-standing ties to SIFMA." Layman's terms - they are in bed with and RUN BY CORRUPT individuals!!!

The Chairman (woman) of the Board is Blythe Masters who is a DEMOCRAT supporting hack.

http://www.campaignmoney.com/politic...s.asp?cycle=12

NEXT please.......

Oh and the charts are very misleading because they show TOTAL outstanding debt. NOT the rate at which they are purchasing......

I'm going to ASSUME you weren't trying to bend the facts.......

EDIT: surfing around I found a much easier to read set of charts. They show the PLUMMETING, 50% in 18 months, foreign investment in US Treasuries:

http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2012/06...-s-treasuries/

AND I did my best to FACT CHECK the source. Looks like a very non-biased firm but he could hold his cards close.....
__________________
"I NEED MORE GEAR!!!">>>> my "not totally pawned" shop!.

My GEAR Bag sale

TeamChaos99 ripped me and others off! Good guy gone bad!!!

Last edited by Dentpusher : 10-04-2012 at 03:25 AM.
Dentpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:38 AM #319
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower
 
spracks21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lincoln, NE
spracks21 plays in the PSP
spracks21 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spracks21 supports Team VICIOUS
spracks21 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dentpusher View Post
to nuthin........ actually, we need guys like this around to point out how ridiculous the liberal arguments are AND, unlike the Left, I BELIEVE in the first amendment and will defend it no matter HOW much I dislike what someone is saying.
I swear, Republicans these days are just acting crazy on purpose, and then being first on the trigger to try to paint the dems as the perpetrators.

No you are against the middle class!
You hate the environment!
You want people to get poor healthcare, and go without needed procedures!
You're distracting from the real issues!
You want to cut government programs like medicare!
You support trickle down theory!
You hate small businesses!
You're out of touch with the middle class!


The dems need to stop being pussies and call out the crazy. Obama should have done this in the debate. He let way too much bull**** slide by from Mitt. It seemed like he attempted to take the high road, and Mitt took advantage. Hopefully America pays attention to the fact checking when it all comes out, and more importantly, hopefully people keep track of Mitt's flip flopping trends and habit of saying whatever the crowd he's currently speaking to wants to hear. He's ****ing jello. Plain, flavorless, jello.
__________________
Aimless Factory
#21
spracks21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:38 AM #320
quakcer
 
 
quakcer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dentpusher View Post

I'm going to ASSUME you weren't trying to bend the facts.......
Never assume that with a liberal. It's their most often used strategy.
quakcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:39 AM #321
quakcer
 
 
quakcer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by spracks21 View Post
Hopefully America pays attention to the fact checking when it all comes out
I don't know about you but I see a lot of lies coming from obama.

http://news.yahoo.com/fact-check-pre...015421565.html
quakcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:40 AM #322
shakeyjonez
In GOD We Trust!
 
shakeyjonez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: One Nation Under GOD!
__________________
Holy
Kids


"Love those who hurt you the most, because they are probably the ones closest to you. ― Nikki Sixx
shakeyjonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:43 AM #323
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower
 
spracks21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lincoln, NE
spracks21 plays in the PSP
spracks21 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spracks21 supports Team VICIOUS
spracks21 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by quakcer View Post
Never assume that with a liberal. It's their most often used strategy.
Again, a truism for the Republicans in this campaign, now being thrown at liberals on this board by the repubs. Republicans are like the ****ing Sith.
__________________
Aimless Factory
#21
spracks21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:52 AM #324
quakcer
 
 
quakcer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by spracks21 View Post
Republicans are like the ****ing Sith.
Yes, because trying to restore the economy is just so evil. Just the thought of it must make liberals cry themselves to sleep every night.
quakcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:54 AM #325
shakeyjonez
In GOD We Trust!
 
shakeyjonez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: One Nation Under GOD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by spracks21 View Post
Republicans are like the ****ing Sith.
__________________
Holy
Kids


"Love those who hurt you the most, because they are probably the ones closest to you. ― Nikki Sixx
shakeyjonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:37 AM #326
Dentpusher
 
 
Dentpusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Land of OZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by spracks21 View Post
I swear, Republicans these days are just acting crazy on purpose, and then being first on the trigger to try to paint the dems as the perpetrators.

No you are against the middle class!
You hate the environment!
You want people to get poor healthcare, and go without needed procedures!
You're distracting from the real issues!
You want to cut government programs like medicare!
You support trickle down theory!
You hate small businesses!
You're out of touch with the middle class!


The dems need to stop being pussies and call out the crazy. Obama should have done this in the debate. He let way too much bull**** slide by from Mitt. It seemed like he attempted to take the high road, and Mitt took advantage. Hopefully America pays attention to the fact checking when it all comes out, and more importantly, hopefully people keep track of Mitt's flip flopping trends and habit of saying whatever the crowd he's currently speaking to wants to hear. He's ****ing jello. Plain, flavorless, jello.
What, are you like 12? 14?

Obama tried his BEST to call out the crazy but all I saw was the Obama I saw 4 years ago that NO ONE in the MSM checked into! This guy is 500 levels OVER his pay grade. Hell, he couldn't even write his own book (very popular theory). Have you READ the guys book? From the nothing but name calling remarks you made, like an elementary school kid "NO YOU ARE", I have a better suggestion, go see 2016 the movie. Even though the writer uses only quotes from Obama himself as the basis of investigation, I'm sure you will figure out some excuse..... Maybe it's Bush's fault again......

Better yet, just hold Obama to his promise. "If I don't get things squared away in my first term, I'll be a one term President" Well you been out in the sun too long.

Also, Obama & the DEMOCRATS - NOT ONE Republican - to ACTUALLY CUT MEDICARE - $716 BILLION!!!! TRUE FACT!
AND YES I want to cut LOTS of government programs & departments!
__________________
"I NEED MORE GEAR!!!">>>> my "not totally pawned" shop!.

My GEAR Bag sale

TeamChaos99 ripped me and others off! Good guy gone bad!!!

Last edited by Dentpusher : 10-04-2012 at 03:41 AM.
Dentpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:47 AM #327
Dentpusher
 
 
Dentpusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Land of OZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by spracks21 View Post
Again, a truism for the Republicans in this campaign, now being thrown at liberals on this board by the repubs. Republicans are like the ****ing Sith.
Dude, whats your point, unless it is the name calling. Yes, Democrats "bending" the truth IS a truism. Here I have another example of bending the truth when related to Obama care. Nancy Pelosi, "we have to pass the bill in order to know what is in the bill."

I've got an IDEA, maybe stop trying to RAM it down our throats maybe we could have READ the bill. But then we would not have wanted it. Even more than NOW!
__________________
"I NEED MORE GEAR!!!">>>> my "not totally pawned" shop!.

My GEAR Bag sale

TeamChaos99 ripped me and others off! Good guy gone bad!!!
Dentpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:00 AM #328
licence2kill
POOP
 
licence2kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dentpusher View Post
Yeah, I got it. I also looked up the SOURCE of the data.... here is a little quote about them:
"In October 2008, SIFMA laid off over 25% of its staff in the United States due to the "industry upheaval" which left its member firms in financial straits, and the loss of three of it primary member firms—Lehman Brothers, Bear Stearns, and Merrill Lynch." Layman's terms - Sounds like they are buddies with all the guys that run the FED.
"In June 2009, SIFMA began a campaign to combat the “populist overreaction” against Wall Street’s role in the global financial crisis. It hired two aides who had worked for Henry Paulson when he was Treasury Secretary, to help cleanse Wall Street’s image in the eyes of average Americans. " - Layman's terms - they are Wall Street insiders trying to white wash their image.

Oh, and saved the best for last Along with donating multi-millions of dollars to "political action committiees" (democrat) .......

"The Madoff family had long-standing ties to SIFMA." Layman's terms - they are in bed with and RUN BY CORRUPT individuals!!!

The Chairman (woman) of the Board is Blythe Masters who is a DEMOCRAT supporting hack.

http://www.campaignmoney.com/politic...s.asp?cycle=12

NEXT please.......

Oh and the charts are very misleading because they show TOTAL outstanding debt. NOT the rate at which they are purchasing......

I'm going to ASSUME you weren't trying to bend the facts.......

EDIT: surfing around I found a much easier to read set of charts. They show the PLUMMETING, 50% in 18 months, foreign investment in US Treasuries:

http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2012/06...-s-treasuries/

AND I did my best to FACT CHECK the source. Looks like a very non-biased firm but he could hold his cards close.....
dude, the source you posted 100% verified my assertion

The first ****ing paragraph if you had even been bothered to read it:

Quote:
Mom-and-pop investors, and not the Federal Reserve, have been the ones most responsible for driving the mad dash to government debt, according to newly released data. The Fed’s ambitious Treasury-buying program has pushed the central bank’s balance sheet to $2.83 trillion and, by many accounts, the benchmark 10-year Treasury yield to record lows, most recently to 1.56 percent. But despite the low yields, it’s been retail investors most responsible for the recent move plunge.
And stop typing like a crazy person.
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:04 AM #329
AlphaNeo36
lapping your tears
 
AlphaNeo36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 765-IN
 has been a member for 10 years
WHY must people type like THIS all the time?
__________________
Overbear: better 10 innocent men be convicted, than a single guilty man go free to commit more crime.
Overbear: I prefer that I be given a license to shoot anyone who would pick socialism or communism over the basic freedoms inherent to consumerism.
MatrixBaller04 AKA EricS6661: I can guarantee something will happen between now and February 9th.
yesme: i'm not saying you should invest in gold first off, you would be much better off to invest in food,stuff you use and will keep for a couple of years, like razors
Blake360: in highschool, my teacher's father worked for the CIA and she brought my class documents proving the Roswell crash was of extraterrestrial origin.
AlphaNeo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:07 AM #330
licence2kill
POOP
 
licence2kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County
and the prediction the article made after QE2 ended was the exact opposite of what actually happened: treasury yields fell further.

QE (expansionary monetary policy) actually pushies yields higher...not lower. Investors leave ultra-safe markets and diversify in riskier assets when expectations of future NGDP rise.

see here:


Last edited by licence2kill : 10-04-2012 at 04:11 AM.
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:11 AM #331
Dentpusher
 
 
Dentpusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Land of OZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence2kill View Post
dude, the source you posted 100% verified my assertion

The first ****ing paragraph if you had even been bothered to read it:



And stop typing like a crazy person.
OK, IF you would BOTHER read PAST the FIRST PARAGRAPH:

"Comment

Yesterday we focused on household purchases of U.S. Treasuries, making note of the fact that the category is not “mom and pop” as many may believe. Instead, it is the residual category the Federal Reserve uses for all Treasury purchases which cannot be categorized. While mom and pop are part of this category, it is difficult to say how large a part of this category they actually are. Mutual fund flows, which are driving by mom and pop flows, suggest it is not very large.
Households recorded $193.03 billion in net Treasury purchases in Q1 2012, their third largest quarterly sum ever. This begs the question, “Who else is buying U.S. Treasuries?” Below we will delve into many of the other parties responsible for soaking up the ever-expanding offering of Treasury issuance."

is that little enough typing.......
__________________
"I NEED MORE GEAR!!!">>>> my "not totally pawned" shop!.

My GEAR Bag sale

TeamChaos99 ripped me and others off! Good guy gone bad!!!
Dentpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:19 AM #332
licence2kill
POOP
 
licence2kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County
Furthermore, if the federal reserve could completely monetize the national debt without stoking inflation (inflation is the lowest its been in 60 years, and the TIPS spread is still extremely low) then we should embrace this new bizarro equilibrium by having the federal reserve wipe out the entire national debt.

Then we should all quit our jobs and live off of imports we buy with newly printed cash.
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:23 AM #333
Dentpusher
 
 
Dentpusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Land of OZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence2kill View Post
Furthermore, if the federal reserve could completely monetize the national debt without stoking inflation (inflation is the lowest its been in 60 years, and the TIPS spread is still extremely low) then we should embrace this new bizarro equilibrium by having the federal reserve wipe out the entire national debt.

Then we should all quit our jobs and live off of imports we buy with newly printed cash.
Yeah, talk about crazy people. Now you sound like Nancy Pelosi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-1zc...eature=related

Hell, let's ALL go on unemployment "for the economy" while we are at it......

Since I'm just a dummy who works on cars, I don't know the html to post charts but here is the link

http://advisorperspectives.com/dshor...since-2000.gif

IF there is no inflation, explain how the nominal growth of household income is UP when the REAL household income is DOWN, when adjusted for inflation according to the Consumer Price Index........
__________________
"I NEED MORE GEAR!!!">>>> my "not totally pawned" shop!.

My GEAR Bag sale

TeamChaos99 ripped me and others off! Good guy gone bad!!!

Last edited by Dentpusher : 10-04-2012 at 04:31 AM.
Dentpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:27 AM #334
licence2kill
POOP
 
licence2kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County
Thats the logical extension of the model you're presenting...
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:00 AM #335
Dentpusher
 
 
Dentpusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Land of OZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence2kill View Post
Thats the logical extension of the model you're presenting...
So, the logical extension of the model you are presenting is that since "inflation is the lowest its been in 60 years", obviously, the current monetary policy is not affecting inflation so we SHOULD take advantage and print enough money to pay off the debt...... How ludicrous.

Since we are on logic, logically for there to be no/low inflation, there must be offsets to the rising energy, food and insurance costs. Where might you come up with said offsets? OH, I've got it, housing prices.... That's a good trade right? We lose the equity in our homes and get higher costs on our consumables.
__________________
"I NEED MORE GEAR!!!">>>> my "not totally pawned" shop!.

My GEAR Bag sale

TeamChaos99 ripped me and others off! Good guy gone bad!!!
Dentpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:41 PM #336
licence2kill
POOP
 
licence2kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County
1. devaluation only drives up the real cost of commodities if its expected to increase RGDP.

2. You suggested that the vast majority of treasury issuances are being bought up by the federal reserve. This is dubious because:

- If this were true the spread on inflation protected securities and regular bonds would be greater and rising, indicating the market prediction of future levels of inflation

- the extremely low levels of inflation we see now (despite massive QE as you suggest) would indicate that we've reached a new equilibrium where monetary policy has absolutely no effect, meaning the federal reserve can buy an infinite number of assets without raising future expected inflation (which we would expect to be the natural consequence).

Last edited by licence2kill : 10-04-2012 at 12:44 PM.
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump