PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-02-2012, 01:34 PM #295
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by licence2kill View Post
I find it really strange how concerned with deficits you are at a time with negative real interest rates and high unemployment.
You find it strange that someone who has consistently shown that he doesn't understand basic economics isn't understanding basic economics? Not that strange to me.
Advertisement
Old 10-02-2012, 02:08 PM #296
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower

spracks21 plays in the PSP
spracks21 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spracks21 supports Team VICIOUS
spracks21 plays in the APPA D3 division
I don't understand economics. What does a negative real interest rate mean, exactly?
spracks21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:12 PM #297
licence2kill
POOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
You find it strange that someone who has consistently shown that he doesn't understand basic economics isn't understanding basic economics? Not that strange to me.
ok, i really think he's an idiot.

i was just trying to be nice
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:14 PM #298
licence2kill
POOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by spracks21 View Post
I don't understand economics. What does a negative real interest rate mean, exactly?
nominal interest rate is lower than likely future inflation, meaning that its actually cheaper for the government to finance itself through deficit spending than through taxing productive activity
Old 10-02-2012, 02:18 PM #299
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower

spracks21 plays in the PSP
spracks21 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spracks21 supports Team VICIOUS
spracks21 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
nominal interest rate is lower than likely future inflation, meaning that its actually cheaper for the government to finance itself through deficit spending than through taxing productive activity
Ahhhh, got it. Thanks.
spracks21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:45 PM #300
jamest91

jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
this is why... http://money.usnews.com/money/person...bt-affects-you

we are part of the generation that will be so lucky to have to pay for everything in the next 5-20+ years.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:15 PM #301
shakeyjonez
In GOD We Trust!

"Love those who hurt you the most, because they are probably the ones closest to you.” ― Nikki Sixx
shakeyjonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:06 PM #302
F1VENOM

has been a member for 10 years
$100,000 bills...Sounds like a Japanese problem.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:52 PM #303
licence2kill
POOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest91 View Post
this is why... http://money.usnews.com/money/person...bt-affects-you

we are part of the generation that will be so lucky to have to pay for everything in the next 5-20+ years.
so where are the higher interest rates?
Old 10-02-2012, 08:48 PM #304
jamest91

When did I ever say anything about high interest rates
Old 10-02-2012, 09:00 PM #305
licence2kill
POOP

oh so you didn't read the article you provided...
Old 10-03-2012, 01:20 AM #306
jamest91

ah thats wat u were referring to. i thought u were relating back to my original posts.

that article i posted are the probable outcomes to what we can expect to come out of our high increasing national debt
Old 10-04-2012, 12:36 AM #307
Dentpusher

Quote:
so where are the higher interest rates?
The higher interest rates will necessarily come when we stop artificially supporting the "selling" of bonds. Its called "monetizing the debt," which the Federal Reserve Bank (Satan itself) is doing, I am sure you already knew that. For those of you who don't know, this is the beginning of the end of most economies and currencies. China and other nations are no longer buying enough of our bonds to support our ravenous spending, therefor, our FED is PRINTING our dollars, with the permission of .... the Administration, Congress, FOOLS, in order to buy our own bonds. It's printing play money to give to the government so they can go spend it. FIAT money. This was WHY we had the gold/silver standard and the Founding Fathers were against a central bank.

However as Keynesian, which it appears you are, you believe it is actually cheaper to borrow the money to run the government than raise tax revenue, (by cuts in spending- yeah, raising taxes-booo or growing the economy-yeah) to support the behemoth. So let me ask you this, WHO gets to pay that money back? Your kids and your kids kids. If they can before the dollar crashes.

Now that we have laid the basis, I will tell you where the higher interest rates come in OR HYPER INFLATION!!! When/if the FED continues to print money, hyper-inflation will certainly occur. I know, you will say the numbers don't show it but I can show it to you in my food bill and my gas bill when I fill up my tank! Just because the government manipulates the statistics (they have changed the way the calculate inflation) does NOT mean it is not happening. The higher interest rates come in when China (they already have), the UK and the FED demand a HIGHER interest rate because we become an OVERLEVERAGED or poor risk of repayment, (downgrading our credit rating like they did under Obama because Obama AND Bush spent too much) they will require a HIGHER rate of return in order to invest. That in turn makes our interest rates rise and gives other countries influence over our policy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0...Switzerla nd_

"The rich rule over the poor,
and the borrower is SLAVE to the lender." Proverbs 22:7 (Bible haters start the flaming)

My GEAR Bag sale

TeamChaos99 ripped me and others off! Good guy gone bad!!!

Last edited by Dentpusher : 10-04-2012 at 02:44 AM.
Dentpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:04 AM #308
sucka T.

has been a member for 10 years
you should get off of pbnation and start running the government

ThreadSavers®

http://www.ohnoes.org/

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=891102
sucka T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:29 AM #309
licence2kill
POOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dentpusher View Post
The higher interest rates will necessarily come when we stop artificially supporting the "selling" of bonds. Its called "monetizing the debt," which the Federal Reserve Bank (Satan itself) is doing, I am sure you already knew that. For those of you who don't know, this is the beginning of the end of most economies and currencies. China and other nations are no longer buying enough of our bonds to support our ravenous spending, therefor, our FED is PRINTING our dollars, with the permission of .... the Administration, Congress, FOOLS, in order to buy our own bonds. It's printing play money to give to the government so they can go spend it. FIAT money. This was WHY we had the gold/silver standard and the Founding Fathers were against a central bank.

However as Keynesian, which it appears you are, you believe it is actually cheaper to borrow the money to run the government than raise tax revenue, (by cuts in spending- yeah, raising taxes-booo or growing the economy-yeah) to support the behemoth. So let me ask you this, WHO gets to pay that money back? Your kids and your kids kids. If they can before the dollar crashes.

Now that we have laid the basis, I will tell you where the higher interest rates come in OR HYPER INFLATION!!! When/if the FED continues to print money, hyper-inflation will certainly occur. I know, you will say the numbers don't show it but I can show it to you in my food bill and my gas bill when I fill up my tank! Just because the government manipulates the statistics (they have changed the way the calculate inflation) does NOT mean it is not happening. The higher interest rates come in when China (they already have), the UK and the FED demand a HIGHER interest rate because we become an OVERLEVERAGED or poor risk of repayment, (downgrading or credit rating like they did under Obama) they will require a HIGHER rate of return in order to invest. That in turn makes our interest rates rise and gives other countries influence over our policy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0...Switzerla nd_

"The rich rule over the poor,
and the borrower is SLAVE to the lender." Proverbs 22:7 (Bible haters start the flaming)

come again?
Old 10-04-2012, 01:34 AM #310
licence2kill
POOP

The rest of your post is just laughable made up garbage. If you haven't gotten the picture that you're wrong already I'd be happy to explain it to you.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:54 AM #311
Dentpusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by sucka T. View Post
you should get off of pbnation and start running the government
Yeah, my wife makes fun of me. She always says "The RED phone is ringing, it's the President". I don't have all the answers, like our current President....

I'm nothing special, I just pay attention. I don't believe the Main Stream Media. I was Democrat/Union-ish guy til I heard (I'm showing my age here) Dick Gephardt running for Vice-President on the Democrat side in '92.

I had started listening to Rush (Limbaugh) while I was at work. I really was kind of understanding what Rush was saying. He would make predictions about what Libs - USUALLY Democrats - would say or do and, MAN, he was like always right. (He does take some time to understand his tongue-in-cheek humor and get use to.) Anyway, because I listened to Rush, I understood what Libs meant by the "RICH." They don't really mean RICH btw, t that time, it was households earning like $92k+, top 10% = RICH to them. Well, I was listening to a replay of Rush's show at 2 AM, cause I was WORKING that late as an EVIL, self-employed business owner, I do paintless dent repair on cars- hence my name, my employees had LONG gone home and I was listening to his replay cause my guys liked listening to music during the day. DICK came on and said that we need higher taxes on the RICH because they are the "WINNERS OF LIFE'S LOTTERY!" THAT put me OVER the EDGE! Here I was, busting my hump working a 16 hour day(my wife worked too), at 2 AM to BREAK INTO that 10%, as a semi-college educated, guy working with my hands like LOTS of others trying to get ahead and DICK wants to take MORE of MY money cause I won the lottery!!!!! --HUH!!! Right then and there, I was DONE with Democrats & Liberal Republicans (John McCain)!!!

Actually, I am a highly Libertarian, Constitutionalist who happens to be affiliated with the Republicans, only because the 2 party system has made it nearly impossible for anyone else to get elected. I try to change the system from within during primary time. Some additional background, I was a UNION Teamster BEFORE I started working for myself but I have always been a self starter and have paid taxes, INCOME taxes, since I was 12 - OVER 34 years!

But anyway, I was just trying to make a point to PAY ATTENTION at all times, O'Reilly (he's wrong, IMO, quite a bit but makes sense most of the time), Hannity (he is an over zealous Republicrat at times) and Rush (a fairly Libertarian Conservative not a Republican apologist) really tell it to you straight. Fox (FAUX to libs) News lets BOTH sides talk, but since both sides are represented, the MSM can't STAND how foolish SIMPLE, conservative explanations make them look. DON'T TRUST THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA!!!! Watch and listen to the "other guys" a while then go back to the MSM and it is shocking how slanted (to the Left) the "reporting" is.

My GEAR Bag sale

Last edited by Dentpusher : 10-04-2012 at 01:57 AM.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:57 AM #312
licence2kill
POOP

You need to shorten your posts.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:00 AM #313
Dentpusher

Quote:

come again?
Quote your source ..... or is it another Propaganda Piece from "Think Progress"?

My GEAR Bag sale

Old 10-04-2012, 02:01 AM #314
shakeyjonez
In GOD We Trust!

You should shorten yours too.

"Love those who hurt you the most, because they are probably the ones closest to you.” ― Nikki Sixx
shakeyjonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:03 AM #315
Dentpusher

"The Federal Reserve is propping up the entire U.S. economy by buying 61 percent of the government debt issued by the Treasury Department, a trend that cannot last, Lawrence Goodman, a former Treasury official and current president of the Center for Financial Stability, writes in a Wall Street Journal opinion article published Wednesday."

Read more: WSJ: Fed Buying 61 Percent of US Debt

My GEAR Bag sale