PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-08-2012, 09:09 AM #925
F1VENOM

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
I don't think it's wrong to assume there isn't either. But let me ask you this. If we attempt to right this inequity, are we merely setting ourselves up to lick someone else's boot?
No, because we built the system and have built in many safety features.

He who controls the wealth, controls the politics. Who controls the wealth?
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-08-2012, 10:31 AM #926
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
No, because we built the system and have built in many safety features.

Your over confidence is your weakness.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:54 AM #927
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Your over confidence is your weakness.
If it's so precarious you surely have examples at hand.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 11-08-2012, 11:07 AM #928
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
If it's so precarious you surely have examples at hand.
Control of wealth by any one group has, historically, never been a permanent fixture. How many examples of deceased empires would you like? Do you think portions of southern Europe enjoyed being invaded by the Islamic caliphate after the fall of the Roman Empire?
Old 11-08-2012, 11:11 AM #929
F1VENOM

So now we're at risk for am invasion of non-whites who are going to take control?
Old 11-08-2012, 11:18 AM #930
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
So now we're at risk for am invasion of non-whites who are going to take control?
No I'm telling you that entropy is a mother****er. You can't control the reigns forever. Historically, invasions were popular, then colonization, and so on down the line. India used to be a prosperous place until the West sucked her dry and continues to do so. Do you think that we will find ourselves in a similar situation if we cede control? History says yes. The methods change but the ends are fairly consistent.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:17 PM #931
custar

Quote:
According to L2K, wealth would not exist except for the government. If that is true, it follows that the government ultimately controls the wealth.

custar

"That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..."
Samuel Adams
Ave Caesar Obama! Tributituri ad moritus te salutant.

Looking for Action Markers Diadem Tanks for sale

Old feedback thread
custar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:27 PM #932
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by custar View Post
According to L2K, wealth would not exist except for the government. If that is true, it follows that the government ultimately controls the wealth.

custar
necessity for creation =/= necessity for existence.

strawman
Old 11-08-2012, 12:36 PM #933
custar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
necessity for creation =/= necessity for existence.

strawman
Here is what he posted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by licence2kill View Post
the wealth does not exist independent of the state
custar

"That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..."
Samuel Adams

Old feedback thread
Old 11-08-2012, 12:44 PM #934
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

I'm sorry. I assumed he was making an argument that he wasn't. As I don't believe that, I'll leave the conversation for him.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:45 PM #935
Umami
AFK IRL

Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
Quote:
So, short of essentially adopting Democrat positions on those issues, how should the Republic party move forward without turning this into a one-party system?

custar
No. NO.

For example: Accepting the high likelihood that climate change is occurring is not a democratic position. It is a scientific position. The democratic position is how they're responding to that reality.

I would love to hear a rational, more market-based approach to the climate change issue. Instead all we hear from the GOP is denialism.

I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.
Umami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:50 PM #936
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Is it objection to the Democrats or to climate change??

Take a few steps back, and look at it again.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:56 PM #937
custar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umami View Post
No. NO.

For example: Accepting the high likelihood that climate change is occurring is not a democratic position. It is a scientific position. The democratic position is how they're responding to that reality.

I would love to hear a rational, more market-based approach to the climate change issue. Instead all we hear from the GOP is denialism.
We can save the debate over ACC for another thread. You must have missed my post about an energy policy that, while not specifically tailored to reduce CO2 emissions, does accomplish that over the long term.

What else?

custar

Samuel Adams

Old feedback thread
Old 11-08-2012, 01:11 PM #938
Umami
AFK IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
Is it objection to the Democrats or to climate change??

Take a few steps back, and look at it again.
I don't follow.

I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:31 PM #939
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
I'm not convinced that the objection to climate change isn't just an objection to something from the Democrats.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:48 PM #940
Umami
AFK IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
I'm not convinced that the objection to climate change isn't just an objection to something from the Democrats.
Interesting. I read an article that suggested something along these lines the other day, I'll see if I can find it.

edit: here it is - http://www.salon.com/2012/11/05/why_..._southern_men/

Quote:
We can save the debate over ACC for another thread. You must have missed my post about an energy policy that, while not specifically tailored to reduce CO2 emissions, does accomplish that over the long term.

What else?

custar
Hold the phone big guy, if it's not targeting the issue it's not addressing the issue.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:02 PM #941
custar

Quote:
Hold the phone big guy, if it's not targeting the issue it's not addressing the issue.
Go read it.

custar

Samuel Adams

Old feedback thread
Old 11-08-2012, 03:05 PM #942
Umami
AFK IRL

I have no idea where it is.

Old 11-08-2012, 04:00 PM #943
custar

Quote:
I have no idea where it is.
Well, crap. The thread it was in is now gone, and it was a long enough post I don't feel like retyping all of it. All I can find is a short entry in this Google search.

In short as related to this topic, I would open drilling in federal lands but include a surtax, 1/4 of which would be to develop renewable sources. In the mid-term, I would transition to CNG which burns much more cleanly. Long term, I would look to develop renewable sources, especially those in which foreign powers do not have a big lead.

custar

Samuel Adams

Old feedback thread
Old 11-08-2012, 04:05 PM #944
Umami
AFK IRL

It sounds like you're addressing the issue of foreign energy dependence, and almost completely neglecting climate change. The longer we put this off the bigger the impacts are going to be, economic and otherwise. And it's not a linear relationship. As we release more GHG's into the atmosphere, the climate will deviate from 'normal' exponentially. And as the climate deviates more and more from "normal", the costs associated with that deviation are going to grow exponentially. The potential costs here are huge.

Market forces do a great job reacting, but without outside influence, only once things have already gone in the ****ter. They are inherently reactionary. When things are pushed away from equilibrium, the market seeks to return to equilibrium. With the knowledge and resources we have today, there is no reason for us to sit around and wait for that to happen when the potential costs are so high.

Last edited by Umami : 11-08-2012 at 04:43 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:11 PM #945
EPAPressure
Jobs are for immigrants

Climate change doesn't even exist. This is what's wrong with this country. People being duped into believing the atmosphere is shrinking due to cars we've had for 50 years. What the ****. More oil, more energy, ****ing now.

-Said nobody, ever.

"Originally posted by drgonzo: That doesn't make sense, the people with the most interaction and dependence on government have the most significant stakes and should have the vote if anyone. People who reject government and do not use government services should be denied the vote if anything." ^^FAIL

"Originally posted by Rebeltilldeath3: When I think geocities I think ****ty tiled background and sparkly titles. Think of a minority's myspace page."
EPAPressure is offline   Reply With Quote