Community Focus

Old 11-02-2012, 12:57 PM #778
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry

tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence2kill View Post
Both Bloomberg and The Economist endorsed Obama today.
Not surprising, a little late tho
Old 11-02-2012, 01:05 PM #779
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
This is my problem:

He pretended that we live in a state where 47% of the people are entitlement driven democrats who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe that government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you name it. In actuality, that 47% of the population is largely made up of seniors, disabled, military, and the working poor. His twisted worldview is scary to me.

Also people tend to ignore this gem: "we'll see—without actually doing anything—we'll actually get a boost in the economy."
I didn't ask about the accuracy of the statement. Rampage appears to take umbrage with the fact Romney acknowledges he won't get a certain percentage of votes due to these reasons.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:08 PM #780
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
I didn't ask about the accuracy of the statement. Rampage appears to take umbrage with the fact Romney acknowledges he won't get a certain percentage of votes due to these reasons.
I can't speak for Rampage, but most are not upset with that. They are upset with the reasons I listed (and more).
Old 11-02-2012, 01:09 PM #781
Umami
"That guy"

Umami supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampager2000 View Post
He very clearly stated he need not worry about 47% of this country, those who don't pay income taxes, because they're not going to vote for him anyways. Does that seem right to you?
Quote:
That's not what either Rampager or TSA are talking about. Sure there are people you're not going to get to vote for you. The disturbing part is the way he wrote off so many people because they're receiving government benefits - many of whom who will in fact vote for him.

That he would write off so many hard-working people simply because they receive benefits is disgusting.

SOG
I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.
Umami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:19 PM #782
Iamamartianchurch

Wasn't he campaigning on cutting back entitlements? I mean, this hardly sounds shocking.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:20 PM #783
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Wasn't he campaigning on cutting back entitlements? I mean, this hardly sounds shocking.
Okay, now I feel like you are intentionally being difficult.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:20 PM #784
toolbandfan
The dude abides

toolbandfan is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
toolbandfan is playing at Living Legends VII
Many people stupidly assume entitlements and welfare only apply to jobless hippies or illegals. And that would be like less than 1% of the vote if they even voted/could vote in the first place.

Referring to whoever originally failed to use the 47% point here.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:25 PM #785
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Okay, now I feel like you are intentionally being difficult.
I'm sorry. Look, if I was campaigning to ban unions, would you be shocked or offended if I told you I had written off their vote?

Rampage seems to be falsely concluding that Romney doesn't give a **** about 47% percent. There's some Latin phrase that goes a little something like this; it does not follow.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:30 PM #786
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
I'm sorry. Look, if I was campaigning to ban unions, would you be shocked or offended if I told you I had written off their vote?
I would be upset if I was a union member that supported you (because of your views). You diminished me to a single issue voter. You assumed my vote and are now ignoring me. If we believe your policies to be better, you are assuming that I am too simpleminded see that because of my union status.

There are a lot of problems here. But you example doesn't even fit the case. A better example would be if you called 47% of the country union workers lazy bums who won't vote for you when in reality that 47% includes the military (somehow included in your statistics as a union), the elderly (the study included social security as a union), and the disabled (the study included disability as a union). The problems include the insult, the sheer ignorance of the study, and many many other problems.

Quote:
Rampage seems to be falsely concluding that Romney doesn't give a **** about 47% percent. There's some Latin phrase that goes a little something like this; it does not follow.
If I were in this 47% (I'm not), I would feel insulted that Romney thinks I am too blinded by entitlements to make a rational decision.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:34 PM #787
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
The problem is that he is going to get those votes because seniors mostly vote Republican and seniors take up the majority of the population for the percentile Romney was talking about. Romney unnecessarily demonized his own crowd.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:50 PM #788
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
I would be upset if I was a union member that supported you (because of your views). You diminished me to a single issue voter. You assumed my vote and are now ignoring me. If we believe your policies to be better, you are assuming that I am too simpleminded see that because of my union status.

There are a lot of problems here. But you example doesn't even fit the case. A better example would be if you called 47% of the country union workers lazy bums who won't vote for you when in reality that 47% includes the military (somehow included in your statistics as a union), the elderly (the study included social security as a union), and the disabled (the study included disability as a union). The problems include the insult, the sheer ignorance of the study, and many many other problems.

If I were in this 47% (I'm not), I would feel insulted that Romney thinks I am too blinded by entitlements to make a rational decision.
Well that clears that up. Thanks
Old 11-02-2012, 01:52 PM #789
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
The problem is that he is going to get those votes because seniors mostly vote Republican and seniors take up the majority of the population for the percentile Romney was talking about. Romney unnecessarily demonized his own crowd.
Funny enough, the senior crowd most likely didn't even include themselves in that group when they heard it. I bet Romney didnt either.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:05 PM #790
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Funny enough, the senior crowd most likely didn't even include themselves in that group when they heard it. I bet Romney didnt either.
Romney used them to inflate a number and distort reality.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:11 PM #791
Blake360

http://news.yahoo.com/up-in-smoke-ho...-election.html

I'm going to lol if johnson ends up costing obama the win. I wonder how irrelevant he would be then?
Blake360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:11 PM #792
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Romney used them to inflate a number and distort reality.
No shocker there.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:28 PM #793
jamest91

jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Out of context? I urge you to go watch those videos again if you think what I said was out of context.

He very clearly stated he need not worry about 47% of this country, those who don't pay income taxes, because they're not going to vote for him anyways. Does that seem right to you?
And yet, Obama has always been at 46% or higher in polling through the entire election process. I know you can't 100% correlate the 47% comment with polling averages toward Obama, but the coincidence has always seemed interesting to me.

Now throw in the election polls as noted above with the average ratings of Obama's economic plan, foreign policy, approval ratings, etc.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:32 PM #794
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest91 View Post
And yet, Obama has always been at 46% or higher in polling through the entire election process. I know you can't 100% correlate the 47% comment with polling averages toward Obama, but the coincidence has always seemed interesting to me.

Now throw in the election polls as noted above with the average ratings of Obama's economic plan, foreign policy, approval ratings, etc.
46% of what group?
Old 11-02-2012, 02:35 PM #795
Blake360

Quote:
46% of what group?
The mentally retarded.
Blake360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:43 PM #796
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Funny how no one notices income taxes and entitlements are two different things.
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:58 PM #797
jamest91

jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Out of context? I urge you to go watch those videos again if you think what I said was out of context.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
Funny how no one notices income taxes and entitlements are two different things.
Although one could argue those making less money are entitled to not pay any income taxes.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:40 PM #798
licence2kill
POOP

Really good employment numbers this month, and even more positive revisions for past months.

Finally starting to see a real recovery.
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote