Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2012, 12:34 PM #22
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry
 
tsbalr120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cowbutt, AR
tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie says chillax View Post
well pretty much everyone i met who is openly conservative is also openly racist and ignorant.
evidence by the shiploads.
I think matt said this awhile back,

Not all republicans he knows were racist, but all the racists he knows are republicans.

Pretty accurate I'd say.

That being said, I think he only ment white people being racist, when there's racist people from all races.
__________________
|NCPA: Razorbacks|
rip120
tsbalr120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-11-2012, 01:10 PM #23
Umami
AFK IRL
 
Umami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Laniakea
Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
Nobody with any understanding of US history would deny that the Democratic Party has a history of racism.

And nobody with any understanding of US politics would deny that the current Democratic party does a better job (not great, but better) representing the interests of minorities.

/thread
__________________
Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man.

I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.
Umami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:20 PM #24
Swerve22
 
 
Swerve22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Concord NH
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie says chillax View Post
well pretty much everyone i met who is openly conservative is also openly racist and ignorant.
evidence by the shiploads.
Oh yeah? Let's see some of these shiploads of evidence then.
__________________
Butthurt Conservative.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:26 PM #25
corporationpaintball
too legit to quit
 
corporationpaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Burlington, VT
Annual Supporting Member
corporationpaintball is a Moderator
corporationpaintball is BST Legit
corporationpaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
corporationpaintball supports our troops
corporationpaintball is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
corporationpaintball is Boss
FreeEnterprise, if you knew anything about American political history you would know that the Democratic Party and Republican Party have essentially switched rolls over the past 150 years. The Democrats were once super "conservative" and the Republicans "liberal", in recent history, however, this has changed.
__________________

Old Feedback (+20/-0) | New Feedback (+37/-0)
Annual Supporting Member Council Elite
corporationpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:45 PM #26
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World
 
licence_to_kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: good ol' So Cal
licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
I don't really understand this argument. Everyone knows that when the southern democrats jumped ship in the 1960's the Democrats and Republicans essentially switched views on race relations as the Republican party became a party dominated by south instead of the northeast and west coast as it used to be.
__________________
SAN DIEGO
CHARGERS

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:48 PM #27
FreeEnterprise
 
 
FreeEnterprise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: West Chester, Ohio
FreeEnterprise posts videos on PbNation
Liberals always say that... It is just projection.

If that were true, then the Republican party would be the party of abortion.

Own your history, as you are doomed to repeat it.

__________________

Trails of Doom Stickers on Ebay!
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:04 PM #28
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World
 
licence_to_kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: good ol' So Cal
licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
It's not projection, its history.

How do you expect people to take you seriously when you just blatantly disregard facts?
__________________
SAN DIEGO
CHARGERS

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:39 PM #29
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff
 
TheSilentAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
Liberals always say that... It is just projection.
Holy **** that's funny
__________________
“There are only two kinds of people, those who accept dogmas and know it, and those who accept dogmas and don’t know it.” – G. K. Chesterton - The Mercy of Mr. Arnold Bennett, Fancies vs. Fads
TheSilentAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:44 PM #30
Tempted (Banned)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: N Ga
I know why "minorities" vote Democratic. That is kind of the point. They vote Democrat basically because they hate Republicans. They know nothing about politics, they shouldn't be voting at all, but they are the ones who are responsible for Obama being in office. Without the clueless voters the race would have been all but identical when comparing McCain and Obama. I didn't like either, they both sucked.

So using a presidents middle name is racist? Because nobody ever says George W Bush? I say his middle name for the simple fact that he hides it. It was known in his initial campaign that he was hiding it.

This election I am hoping that the politically indigent stay out of the booth. They got Obama voted in, it doesn't need to happen again. If we can't learn from history then this generation is destined to be a reason why America failed as a country.




I think Hollywood and Washington should stay very far apart, but this was a pretty good speech.

Tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:04 PM #31
Swerve22
 
 
Swerve22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Concord NH
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
Holy **** that's funny
Remember when you didn't know the difference between charity and socialism?
__________________
Butthurt Conservative.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:35 PM #32
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower
 
spracks21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lincoln, NE
spracks21 plays in the PSP
spracks21 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spracks21 supports Team VICIOUS
spracks21 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempted View Post
I know why "minorities" vote Democratic. That is kind of the point. They vote Democrat basically because they hate Republicans. They know nothing about politics, they shouldn't be voting at all...
You have an offensive and ignorant view of minority groups.

But just to play along, why would minorities hate Republicans? Are there important issues to them where they are better represented/accepted by the dems? Or is it just because minority brains are less able to grasp political concepts than your typical straight-white-christian-male brain, and they tend to prefer blue to red?
__________________
Aimless Factory
#21
spracks21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:54 PM #33
Swerve22
 
 
Swerve22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Concord NH
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by spracks21 View Post
You have an offensive and ignorant view of minority groups.

But just to play along, why would minorities hate Republicans? Are there important issues to them where they are better represented/accepted by the dems?
You can't deny that a big plank of the Democrat party consists of telling minorities and special interest groups that Republicans are out to get them in this way or that. They also convince minorities that their policies will help them although ofttimes that is not the case - example afirmitive action, the projects, etc.
__________________
Butthurt Conservative.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:56 PM #34
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Your offending my straight white male brain spracks.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:25 PM #35
Eric the Fish
 
 
Eric the Fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Free E
Most of your references are about democrats from the south. Betcha the KKK had plenty of republican members, but any way we are talking about southern states which in my book are synonymous with racism. Also, if you think the party to which Abraham Lincoln belonged in the 1860's is the same as Republicans today then I think you are seriously mistaken.
Eric the Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:42 PM #36
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower
 
spracks21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lincoln, NE
spracks21 plays in the PSP
spracks21 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spracks21 supports Team VICIOUS
spracks21 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Your offending my straight white male brain spracks.
*You're, and that's fine with me. But I never said straight white males shouldn't vote, where as the right are actually taking steps to stop minorities from turning out to vote in November.

And I was only asking him a question, which was why minority groups tend to lean towards the dems? Is there something about people outside of the majority group that makes them have this hatred for the modern Republican party, or is it because the modern democratic platforms line up more in favor of their views?

He made the statement that minorities don't understand politics, and should not vote. Do you approve this message, Martian?

He also failed to see that when people made a big deal about Obama being the first black president, it was because for the first time in our great nation's history, our leader would finally truly understand the culture and living circumstances of the African American community. More than that, there has now finally been a president who can identify with the issues facing minorities in general (Especially those currently in poverty), and not just say, "Oh, that sounds rough, have you tried getting a good education yet?"
__________________
Aimless Factory
#21

Last edited by spracks21 : 09-11-2012 at 06:09 PM.
spracks21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:02 PM #37
Swerve22
 
 
Swerve22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Concord NH
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by spracks21 View Post
*You're, and that's fine with me. But I never said straight white males shouldn't vote, where as the right are actually taking steps to stop minorities from turning out to vote in November.
LOL

Till trying to convince people that requiring an ID to vote is voter supression?
__________________
Butthurt Conservative.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:05 PM #38
Tempted (Banned)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: N Ga
If you didn't read my initial post on this thread, I am using the term "minority" because that is what Democrats use. I do not see anybody as minority or majority, I see poverty level and community status. Claiming to be minority is an excuse you use to tell people why you failed in society.

There is a huge difference in being racist and being prejudice. Being racist is ignorant, dumb and just plain uneducated. But being prejudice is extremely smart and completely necessary when choosing your company.

If you wear your pants down around your ball sack and a hat on sideways then I'm going to assume that you are no different than 99% of others who present themselves wearing that attire. I don't care what color you are, you're most likely scum that steals, abuses women and participates in illegal activities. Don't like people seeing you in that light? Then stop acting like the others who do it. Wear clothes that fit, speak with proper sentence structure and present yourself how respectable people should. If we ignore reputations and stereotypes then we have failed in recognizing consistency in history. Reputations and stereotypes are not given. They are earned through consistent and predictable actions over a long period of time.

Democrats play the "we love everyone" card, Republicans play the "we believe in status" card. Bill Clinton was the best president we have had since Reagan. I'm considered to be Republican though I believe choosing a side is almost as much a sin as choosing a religious denomination. Clinton was the closest thing we have ever had to a Libertarian in office. He was a Democrat, but he was an old school Democrat. Years back the Democratic party was closer to the current Republican party than the current Democratic party.
Tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:08 PM #39
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by spracks21 View Post
*You're, and that's fine with me. But I never said straight white males shouldn't vote, where as the right are actually taking steps to stop minorities from turning out to vote in November.

And I was only asking him a question, which was why minority groups tend to lean towards the dems? Is there something about people outside of the majority group that makes them have this hatred for the modern Republican party, or is it because the modern democratic platforms line up more in favor of their views?

He made the statement that minorities don't understand politics, and should not vote. Do you approve this message, Martian?
I approve conditionally. I don't think being a minority should bar one from the ability to vote. But I do not believe everyone ought to be given the right to. Myself included.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:13 PM #40
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower
 
spracks21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lincoln, NE
spracks21 plays in the PSP
spracks21 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spracks21 supports Team VICIOUS
spracks21 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
I approve conditionally. I don't think being a minority should bar one from the ability to vote. But I do not believe everyone ought to be given the right to. Myself included.
As long as minority demographics are not targeted for suppression because they tend to favor one side, or simply because they are different from the majority, then fine. Voting ability should not be contingent on a person's stances on issues, physical appearance, or national heritage. Agree? Or would you say there are good reasons to purposefully limit the voice/representation of minority groups?

And Swerve, not just the voted ID requirement. There are many many more cases of voter suppression targeting minority groups coming from the right in this election, especially on the local election scenes. And this isn't a new tactic by the GOP either.
__________________
Aimless Factory
#21

Last edited by spracks21 : 09-11-2012 at 06:25 PM.
spracks21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:24 PM #41
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by spracks21 View Post
As long as minority demographics are not targeted for suppression because they tend to favor one side, or simply because they are different from the majority, then fine. Voting ability should not be contingent on a person's stances on issues, physical appearance, or national heritage. Agree?

And Swerve, not just the voted ID requirement. There are many many more cases of voter suppression targeting minority groups coming from the right in this election, especially on the local election scenes. And this isn't a new tactic by the GOP either.
You're losing me. I was fine on the national heritage part.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:25 PM #42
Swerve22
 
 
Swerve22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Concord NH
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by spracks21 View Post
AsAnd Swerve, not just the voted ID requirement. There are many many more cases of voter suppression targeting minority groups coming from the right in this election, especially on the local election scenes. And this isn't a new tactic by the GOP either.
Like what?
__________________
Butthurt Conservative.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump