Community Focus

Old 09-19-2012, 12:41 PM #43
Iowa
Shooting ropes at dopes

Annual Supporting Member
Iowa is BST Legit
Iowa owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Iowa supports Team VICIOUS
Paintball today is different than ten years ago, in the sense that now style is a top criteria for many purchasing decisions. I'm amazed at what people pay for custom markers, new jerseys/pants or anything that gets a 'LE' tag. And because of this people are begging for more and more custom milled/anno'd markers. To that point, the more noticeable/radical, the more I would anticipate you sell. Keep it coming Vicious, and hurry up with grey/orange line!
Advertisement
Old 09-19-2012, 01:34 PM #44
paint4

I have been in paintball for almost thirty years . I would agree with your statement but only for the minority. Paintball is a money sport, and most young players with money to burn want the newest and coolest and best performing. These kids usually switch guns in less than two years. The only loyalty is to the best and most reliable ready to go marker out there. Right now PE has a big part of this pie. I agree with an earlier post that PE should release more elite versions after an original release of a model. But for now I think PE should stay with their sleek smooth reliable markers. PE is the biggest producer of high end markers. Why would they quit a winning design.
paint4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:49 PM #45
To good

To good owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
To good supports Team VICIOUS
To good supports DLX Technology
Love it! looks amazing!

| Crazy Paint Paintball |

| Store | // | 2014 PSP Field |
To good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:46 PM #46
oldmanian
JLK 10/9/11

Annual Supporting Member
oldmanian is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
oldmanian donated to help Peyton Trent
oldmanian owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
oldmanian supports our troops
oldmanian supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
I think the fact that the machining on "stock" guns is so so so far ahead of what you would find on stock guns even just 6-7 years ago makes it even more difficult to differentiate new "custom" guns from new "stock" guns.

Lets face it, it wasn't very difficult to improve on a stock 2000 cocker body or Automag, was it now?

Nowadays, every decent gun on the market is completely 3D contour modelled and machined. Current body design is lightyears ahead of where it was a few years ago. I think if you took the time to look at the way a modern gun is constructed in terms of how the surface of the body is modelled, machined and finished, and compare it to guns of yore, you'll hopefully appreciate the difference and what exactly goes into those "bland" new designs.
At the time, the custom Impulse and BM2K were quite radical. And I think some of the memory of them being "really" different to the stock guns is what people hark back to. To me, at least, they look dated and fall miles short of modern acceptable standards for even a standard gun, let alone a custom or PL. But that's just my opinion
I see your point Jack, but you asked if people wanted extreme milling, so of course they are going to say yes. I do appreciate how much weight and material is milled off of the high end markers nowadays. The balance might be to go with a theme of subtle lines that create a bigger impact on the markers appearance then you'd notice otherwise. Or you could mill a different trigger guard onto the frame and match that with some revised body milling.

Ultimately, you PE folks have always done the milling stuff well, and it'd be nice to see what you could do with the current constraints.
Originally posted by Lurker27:" ...incompetence has no raw material..."
oldmanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:06 AM #47
Jack Wood

Annual Supporting Member
Jack Wood is a founding member
Jack Wood works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Thanks again guys. This is a really great discussion (something often very difficuld to find on a forum!).

More than anything, it shows that there are wide range of views out there of what people like and dislike. Diversity is fantastic, as long as you're not the person/company trying to make one product that meets everyones criteria

It has certainly given me plenty to thing about for when we sit down and have our design meetings.

Thanks again!

Jack
Jack Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:39 AM #48
hscpaintballa

hscpaintballa plays in the PSP
hscpaintballa is playing at Living Legends VI
hscpaintballa owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
hscpaintballa supports Team VICIOUS
hscpaintballa plays in the APPA D3 division
hscpaintballa supports DLX Technology
I don't know about others, but I appreciate u asking for players opinions... Shows u really care about not only giving us a product that performs great, but u also want our opinions about how it looks! Just shows again how outstanding of a company PE is!

KPS PAINTBALL

Last edited by hscpaintballa : 09-20-2012 at 03:09 PM.
hscpaintballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:32 PM #49
Sugarcoat

I agree with the gun being too plain with the colors, special edition guns need special edition colors for sure. I like the different milling on both sides tho
Sugarcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:28 PM #50
Lobotomizer
Lockin Down with PE

Lobotomizer owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Lobotomizer has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
The team colored... Sexy
Old 09-20-2012, 11:58 PM #51
Chasizzle
Addiction Balla

Chasizzle plays in the PSP
Chasizzle owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Chasizzle plays in the APPA D3 division
Chasizzle has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Love the clean, solid look. Milling on different sides is unique too. Wasn't too big on these teams guns before, but this one is awesome. Great job to the PE guys

Eflex, podpack, pants: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...ight=chasizzle
Chasizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:48 PM #52
CAOL_98
Ego User

CAOL_98 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
I think wild variations like bob long does (especially in the older gen 2/3 Timmy's), would be great to see in future iterations of egos and geos. Planet has dabbled in it before with the dark ego 6 as a GREAT example! I love the direction you guys have gone with the vicious geo 3...keep up the good work! I can't wait to see what is in store in the future for milled egos and geos!

"This sport transcends all expectations. I thank God for this gift and the friends I have made playing."
CAOL_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:12 PM #53
greekbull
Team IYAOYAS

greekbull owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
greekbull owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
greekbull owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
greekbull owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Absolutely love the more extreme milling and also like bright contrasting colors as well! Really like the Vicious Geo 3 that has the graphics on it. Really makes that milling Pop. One of the biggest things I love about my CSL is how that thing is just beautifully milled. The more extreme and different the milling is the more I am personally drawn to the design!
greekbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:18 PM #54
Dshooter89
Hostile Ground

Annual Supporting Member
Dshooter89 plays in the PSP
Dshooter89 donated to help Peyton Trent
Dshooter89 plays in the APPA D3 division
I like the looks of "Different" Milling. Although to radical as stated on the previous pages can tend to start looking tacky and misplaced. I Prefer the really nice flowing design where the cuts and grooves are nice and smooth. Like the geo 2.1, I loved the milling. At first the geo3 looked bad to me but eventually it grew on me. My next purchase will be the geo3.

IMO I would like to see the nice flowing milling that looks highend. As far as cuts and smoothness. It makes the gun look cleaner overall more "Attractive". I love the milling PE does, its nice but not to over the top. Im hoping to see some exciting things in the future. Keep up the good work PE!
Dshooter89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:56 AM #55
Manny2
Hi hater!! Gun whore#1

Manny2 is BST Legit
Manny2 supports Team VICIOUS
Manny2 supports DLX Technology
Manny2 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Love it!
Only if we can see another team vicious at world cup.
I'm talking about custom milling"vicious" on one side then the emblem on the other side, taking up most of the body. From front to back!!!
Truly old school with a new school era!!

If only I had the chance to make my Vgeo3 with custom milling (price ain't no problem) I would be placing my preorder!!
Manny2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:27 PM #56
gndmepyon
Nothing

gndmepyon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
gndmepyon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
gndmepyon supports Team VICIOUS
I really like the custom milling. To me it really does make it standout from the "standard" editions.
gndmepyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:32 PM #57
egoballas
Wolfpack

egoballas is a Paintball photographer
egoballas plays in the PSP
egoballas supports Team VICIOUS
egoballas is Boss
the team vicious guns are sick and the milling is awesome! to you guys at eclipse.

egoballas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:19 AM #58
edless

edless owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
edless owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
Hi,

So the Vicious Geo3 has been out for a couple of weeks now and I was just wondering what you guys thought of it. Do you like the direction we took with having different milling on each side of the body? We were going for a little of the old XSV Ego5 look with it.

Do you like more plain milling or really outrageous milling on custom guns?

Jack
The 2 different milling could be fine, but in this case, I just dont like the 'outrageous' vicious side, the cross side is beautiful thought.

+1 to different milling in general
edless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:23 PM #59
DpG3upped

DpG3upped owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
[
#40 Fanuzzl
Dm13
DpG3upped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:23 PM #60
iTz 5tEvE
Money Is The Motive.

Annual Supporting Member
iTz 5tEvE is BST Legit
iTz 5tEvE plays in the PSP
iTz 5tEvE owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
iTz 5tEvE supports Team VICIOUS
iTz 5tEvE plays in the APPA D4 division
iTz 5tEvE supports DLX Technology
Have that exact gun , the only thing im not a fan of is the VICIOUS.

I love the symbol on the other side , personally i would of loved to see the symbol on both sides with a nice little vicious badge underneath.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:37 PM #61
SouljaboyRI
Keep Calm and Flex On

SouljaboyRI plays in the PSP
SouljaboyRI owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
SouljaboyRI plays in the APPA D4 division
SouljaboyRI owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
This is the honest truth, you're paying $1345 for a marker, if you're putting up that much money for an already excellent marker you're also probably the average paintballer. The thing is, the average speedball player wants more, do you want the midnight GEO 3 that mirrors 3 other peoples geos on the field, or the exclusive custom milled, unique, and genuinly work of art "Vicious" GEO 3?

Pretty obvious answer if you ask me, get as extreme as you can get, there's a reason why people like the look of the BL Ripper Victory.
SouljaboyRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:19 PM #62
Sacpballer06