PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-20-2012, 12:35 AM #85
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umami View Post
The Turks were on this just about a year ago.
However, their reservations seemed to hinge on data-compiling.

...and here's their executive chairman in front of Congress a few years ago:

The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-20-2012, 08:02 AM #86
FreeEnterprise

FreeEnterprise posts videos on PbNation
Media matters is the same as quoting the DNC...

They all work together to spin the public on DNC talking points.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/18/em...to-spin-press/

"Internal Department of Justice emails obtained by The Daily Caller show Attorney General Eric Holder’s communications staff has collaborated with the left-wing advocacy group Media Matters for America in an attempt to quell news stories about scandals plaguing Holder and America’s top law enforcement agency.

Dozens of pages of emails between DOJ Office of Public Affairs Director Tracy Schmaler and Media Matters staffers show Schmaler, Holder’s top press defender, working with Media Matters to attack reporters covering DOJ scandals."

and News corp donates to Obama, so of course they are in the pocket of big labor... You have to remember, that the Democrats are the party of inside deals... If you donate to them, they "help" you out in your business with contracts to pay for your donation.

Crony capitalism at its finest.

http://thehill.com/blogs/hillicon-va...corp-donations

Our media is corrupt.

Trails of Doom Stickers on Ebay!

Last edited by FreeEnterprise : 09-20-2012 at 08:06 AM.
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:20 AM #87
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post

They all work together to spin the public on DNC talking points.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/18/em...to-spin-press/

"Internal Department of Justice emails obtained by The Daily Caller show Attorney General Eric Holder’s communications staff has collaborated with the left-wing advocacy group Media Matters for America in an attempt to quell news stories about scandals plaguing Holder and America’s top law enforcement agency.

Dozens of pages of emails between DOJ Office of Public Affairs Director Tracy Schmaler and Media Matters staffers show Schmaler, Holder’s top press defender, working with Media Matters to attack reporters covering DOJ scandals."

and News corp donates to Obama, so of course they are in the pocket of big labor... You have to remember, that the Democrats are the party of inside deals... If you donate to them, they "help" you out in your business with contracts to pay for your donation.

Crony capitalism at its finest.

http://thehill.com/blogs/hillicon-va...corp-donations

Our media is corrupt.
You don't need proof in action to ascertain what Media Matters is, you just have to click their "about" link. It tells you in bold letters.

I remember calling a progressive talk radio show and having a discussion with the host about the argument raised by his previous guest, a media matters employee, was intellectually dishonest.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:13 PM #88
FreeEnterprise

FreeEnterprise posts videos on PbNation
Wonder when media matters will cover this story... Or any major media outlet for that matter... Course an invented story about Mitt shaving a kids head in college THAT is front page material.

But, THIS

http://washingtonexaminer.com/chapte...0#.UFs-7bJlQf4

Nothing to see here... Move along.

ObamAA--

Trails of Doom Stickers on Ebay!
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:02 PM #89
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Wonder when media matters will cover this story... Or any major media outlet for that matter... Course an invented story about Mitt shaving a kids head in college THAT is front page material.

But, THIS

http://washingtonexaminer.com/chapte...0#.UFs-7bJlQf4

Nothing to see here... Move along.

ObamAA--
How can you criticize the media ignoring the content of a newspaper article? It's easy to declare anything as one sided when you ignore the existence of the other half.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:09 PM #90
F1VENOM

has been a member for 10 years
Yeah but that's not mainstream media, duh. Silly lieberals with your inability to see the truth at hand.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:25 PM #91
Umami
AFK IRL

Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
Quote:
So where are they incorrect?

Quote:
In 89 segments between September 10 and 16, Fox News reported on the Chicago Teachers Union's strike without disclosing its financial ties to the educational technology company administering the standardized tests with which the union takes issue.

Fox News parent company News Corp. acquired a 90-percent stake in Wireless Generation in 2010. Last May, the company agreed to provide Early Mathematics Assessment Services and Early Literacy Assessment Services to Chicago Public Schools. These contracts total $4.7 million. A central reason the Chicago Teachers Union decided to strike is their objection to the school district's call for heavily weighing such standardized testing to ultimately determine teacher pay and layoffs.

But Fox News anchors and reporters never once disclosed its parent company's ties to Wireless Generation even as the network routinely criticized the strike and the Chicago Teachers Union.

I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.
Umami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:40 PM #92
Peppermint

John Stossel's show tonight is to be on the unions, and how they operate in todays US. Saw there is to be a mention about the Chicago teachers union.

"Union Power (airs tonight at 9pm on FBN)"

His article:

Quote:
A few things I heard at a rally of 10,000 union members in Philadelphia last month: Workers should have a "Second Bill of Rights"...people told me that everyone is entitled to a "living wage"... We (not our employers) own our jobs... "Slackers" should be helped rather than fired.
On our show this week, my guests and I discuss unions and what they really do for workers.
John Tillman of the Illinois Policy Institute talks about the Chicago Teachers' Union strike and what it says about union power.
Our special correspondent Kennedy also went to that union rally in Philadelphia. She got a more hostile reception than I, probably because she tried to get some to sign her "Second Bill of Rights" for business owners.
Georgia Congressman Phil Gingrey explains that government workers get something called "official time." This means that you pay... so they can work full-time for their union.
Elizabeth and Mallory Factor, authors of the new book Shadowbosses, say unions manipulate government and rob taxpayers.
Steve Malanga the Manhattan Institute points out that union pensions are bankrupting cities and states. But two states reformed their systems for the better- Utah Governor Gary Herbert explains how Utah put itself on a more fiscally responsible course.

Read more: http://www.foxbusiness.com/on-air/st...#ixzz272LB6OGZ
Peppermint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:30 PM #93
scienceguy

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
Her job is only there because parents have become accustomed to not doing their job.
I don't think that's true at all. I think school can be positive and offers experiences that home can't. There are some very good teachers out there. However, I'm frustrated with public schools because more often than not they're a wasted opportunity.

The culture of apathy has to go. Step one to changing that culture is to stop protecting teachers that have obviously given up, or teachers that have had a mental breakdown like my previous post.

The union mentality, whether they like it or not, promotes apathy and inefficiency.
scienceguy is offline   Reply With Quote