Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2012, 06:21 PM #1
Izzy
 
 
Izzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Goshen, Indiana
Izzy is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Izzy supports Sherwood Forest
2013 ?

Any thoughts on doing Race to 4 next season?
__________________
Support my habit, Wear my paint.

TMG Ratpack
Paintball Plex
TradeMyGun.com
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-11-2012, 12:02 PM #2
sp_dynasty
boom boom skeet skeet
 
sp_dynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: *815*
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
sp_dynasty supports Empire
sp_dynasty is All In
sp_dynasty is All In
I like the sounds of this, maybe even run it similar to msxl and have a two day event
__________________
sp_dynasty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:55 AM #3
srt4_paintballa
Dufour
 
srt4_paintballa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sheboygan WI
srt4_paintballa plays in the PSP
srt4_paintballa plays in the APPA D3 division
srt4_paintballa supports Empire
srt4_paintballa is All In
race to 4, 2 day event, layout released weekend before, BYOP, D3 one day, D4 other day
__________________
srt4_paintballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:35 AM #4
jacapbinc
BIG BLACK
 
jacapbinc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
jacapbinc plays in the PSP
jacapbinc owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jacapbinc plays in the APPA D4 division
You guys are full of ****!

Every year, someone starts talking about doing X-ball... NEWS FLASH, you mutha ****ers are BROKE!!! The thought of spending more money (paint, entry etc) causes you guys to have night terrors! If I thought you were serious, maybe but you mutha ****ers aren't serious!
__________________
Janssen "Big Black" Spain
Midwest Arson, The H.N.I.C
MWXL, Event Cord.
jacapbinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:38 AM #5
jacapbinc
BIG BLACK
 
jacapbinc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
jacapbinc plays in the PSP
jacapbinc owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jacapbinc plays in the APPA D4 division
Whoa! Not to mention the fact that, the guys asking (or his team) has never played an MWXL Event! No offense, just say that you are kicking this off but, would you even play being that your guys didn't even do Race to 2? I need more than this people... I can't work under these conditions.
__________________
Janssen "Big Black" Spain
Midwest Arson, The H.N.I.C
MWXL, Event Cord.
jacapbinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:32 PM #6
troutman
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
 has been a member for 10 years
troutman supports Empire
troutman is All In
troutman is All In
A team that does play also wants it bb
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:26 PM #7
skwirnmn
Chris Loh
 
skwirnmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
skwirnmn has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
the MWXL was an x-ball race to 4 league in 2010. I played one of the events.. and while it was an awesome time, the midwest/midwest teams do not have the resources or funding to pull it off right now. the MWXL had a hard time this year pulling off d3 5man, d3 x-ball in my eyes is completely out of the question. go in strong for 2013, and you may see a race to 4 x-ball league in 2014.
skwirnmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:52 PM #8
Izzy
 
 
Izzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Goshen, Indiana
Izzy is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Izzy supports Sherwood Forest
I actually played MWXL before it was MWXL. My team played D4 race to 4 in the MSXL this season and are trying to decide what to play next season so I asked if you want to be a dick about it we can always take our money somewhere else again next season.
__________________
Support my habit, Wear my paint.

TMG Ratpack
Paintball Plex
TradeMyGun.com
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:05 PM #9
spork801
MN Transplant
 
spork801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: IOWA
spork801 plays in the PSP
spork801 is an NCPA player
spork801 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
I actually played MWXL before it was MWXL. My team played D4 race to 4 in the MSXL this season and are trying to decide what to play next season so I asked if you want to be a dick about it we can always take our money somewhere else again next season.
Lol, that's not Janssen being a dick. That's just Janssen.
__________________
KW Paintball
KW Factory Team
spork801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:44 AM #10
jacapbinc
BIG BLACK
 
jacapbinc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
jacapbinc plays in the PSP
jacapbinc owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jacapbinc plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by skwirnmn View Post
the MWXL was an x-ball race to 4 league in 2010. I played one of the events.. and while it was an awesome time, the midwest/midwest teams do not have the resources or funding to pull it off right now. the MWXL had a hard time this year pulling off d3 5man, d3 x-ball in my eyes is completely out of the question. go in strong for 2013, and you may see a race to 4 x-ball league in 2014.
Thanks Chris... perfectly said


Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
I actually played MWXL before it was MWXL. My team played D4 race to 4 in the MSXL this season and are trying to decide what to play next season so I asked if you want to be a dick about it we can always take our money somewhere else again next season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spork801 View Post
Lol, that's not Janssen being a dick. That's just Janssen.
LOL!! Sorry man, I was't trying to be a dick. My point was that this is how it starts every year. Someone starts talking about playing X-Ball and everyone gets all jacked up about playing then BOOM! The reality is sets in that, the majority of paintball teams in the midwest are BROKE!!! We are broke as hell! Which is why we can never get teams signed up. Not sure how MSXL does it but from what I tell, their turnout is slightly bigger (not by mass numbers but bigger) because thats the tourney series in that region and there just happen to be a few more teams there. I really don't know.

What I do know is that, it is not the right time for us (IMO). What I do know is, we currently provide a series that is affordable for teams by both entry and BYOP, which gives teams the opportunity to compete and not go broke doing. This is also one of the reasons we went to the new format. To try and give teams a feel for x-ball without feeling their pockets for more money.

As far as your business, we would love to have it. In fact, I have made several attempts to get not only you guys to come play our series but other Plex teams. I think I just chose the wrong route in doing so. I was sorry to see TMG Crush drop out but, **** happens.
__________________
Janssen "Big Black" Spain
Midwest Arson, The H.N.I.C
MWXL, Event Cord.
jacapbinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:51 AM #11
Izzy
 
 
Izzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Goshen, Indiana
Izzy is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Izzy supports Sherwood Forest
Thank you for that explanation. I don't know what happened to Crush. This year it just happened that several of your events fell the day after we played MSXL and can't afford 2 events in one weekend.
__________________
Support my habit, Wear my paint.

TMG Ratpack
Paintball Plex
TradeMyGun.com
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:09 AM #12
srt4_paintballa
Dufour
 
srt4_paintballa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sheboygan WI
srt4_paintballa plays in the PSP
srt4_paintballa plays in the APPA D3 division
srt4_paintballa supports Empire
srt4_paintballa is All In
Well BB what ever format u choose incognito will be there next season! You better have a d3 tho thats my only real request!!!!

oh and i think we should get an event in wisconsin! hint hint boneyard
__________________
srt4_paintballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:52 AM #13
jacapbinc
BIG BLACK
 
jacapbinc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
jacapbinc plays in the PSP
jacapbinc owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jacapbinc plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
Thank you for that explanation. I don't know what happened to Crush. This year it just happened that several of your events fell the day after we played MSXL and can't afford 2 events in one weekend.
I know a couple of the Crush guys lost their jobs and Sean had surgery (back I think). We (The MWXL) would LOVE TO ****ING HAVE YOU GUYS!!!! Bring Ya ***!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srt4_paintballa View Post
Well BB what ever format u choose incognito will be there next season! You better have a d3 tho thats my only real request!!!!

oh and i think we should get an event in wisconsin! hint hint boneyard
Well, we should be fine there next year! Not to mention, I am considering a force on the top 5 teams (based on season standing) going to D3 no matter what! But the reality is, most of the teams that compete will have no choice to play D3.

As far as The None Yard... Get me some info on your spot.
__________________
Janssen "Big Black" Spain
Midwest Arson, The H.N.I.C
MWXL, Event Cord.
jacapbinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:51 PM #14
thechad3360
Da Coach
 
thechad3360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hobart,IN
thechad3360 plays in the PSP
thechad3360 plays in the APPA D4 division
No 2 day local events please.
That will cost everyone far too much money (not only teams that traveled but local teams as well) and I honestly don't think it'll attract nearly as many teams as compared to a 1 day event. Let's keep this simple. Less time equals less money spent, thus a higher probability of attracting more teams due to it's cost efficiency which is why the MWXL was able to pull 20+ teams in D4 at almost every event. It's also more or less a proving ground to how you'll compare to teams nationally in your division due to the high skill level of the teams competing.

I say we roll with what the MWXL has already installed and just tweak it a bit to give it more of a "nationals" experience that every team will enjoy and appreciate (but without the "nationals" cost and time) in order to lessen that gap from "local' to "national". I think that is what we all want, a closer gap between the two that can fully prepare us for the step up but at a reasonable price.
__________________
Chi-Town Fury
Special thanks to our 2014 sponsors:
GI Sportz | Badlandz |CC Paintball
Virtue Paintball
|PBX |BBT|
thechad3360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:39 AM #15
jacapbinc
BIG BLACK
 
jacapbinc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
jacapbinc plays in the PSP
jacapbinc owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jacapbinc plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by thechad3360 View Post
No 2 day local events please.
That will cost everyone far too much money (not only teams that traveled but local teams as well) and I honestly don't think it'll attract nearly as many teams as compared to a 1 day event. Let's keep this simple. Less time equals less money spent, thus a higher probability of attracting more teams due to it's cost efficiency which is why the MWXL was able to pull 20+ teams in D4 at almost every event. It's also more or less a proving ground to how you'll compare to teams nationally in your division due to the high skill level of the teams competing.

I say we roll with what the MWXL has already installed and just tweak it a bit to give it more of a "nationals" experience that every team will enjoy and appreciate (but without the "nationals" cost and time) in order to lessen that gap from "local' to "national". I think that is what we all want, a closer gap between the two that can fully prepare us for the step up but at a reasonable price.
HOLY ****!!!! Well Said Chad!
__________________
Janssen "Big Black" Spain
Midwest Arson, The H.N.I.C
MWXL, Event Cord.
jacapbinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:18 AM #16
SErwin
thirteen23
 
SErwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NWI/Chicago
SErwin plays in the PSP
SErwin plays in the APPA D3 division
SErwin is All In
SErwin is All In
think we could get this as a affiliate league?

Also, looking forward to that d3 next year. Get it.
__________________
Follow Team BOOM on Facebook
| Empire Paintball | BlastCamp |
SErwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:29 PM #17
Spazdoc
 
 
Spazdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Winnetka, IL
Annual Supporting Member
Spazdoc is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Spazdoc plays in the PSP
Spazdoc supports our troops
Spazdoc plays in the APPA D3 division
So is that a NO to the Race to 4?
__________________
CHICAGO DAMAGE, INC
WISEGUYS

pics of my markers --- old feedback
I want to Buy a Westwood or P&P Supercocker LE Autococker - Contact me
Gearbag sale - tanks, masks, barrels
Spazdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:34 PM #18
iCantSnapShoot
Sweet
 
iCantSnapShoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Iowa
Annual Supporting Member
iCantSnapShoot is BST Legit
iCantSnapShoot plays in the PSP
iCantSnapShoot posts videos on PbNation
iCantSnapShoot plays in the APPA D3 division
MWXL is the best as it is
__________________
KW Paintball Field
Clone GT f/s/t
iCantSnapShoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:09 AM #19
eforce
Factory PB
 
eforce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Chicago
Annual Supporting Member
eforce is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
eforce plays in the PSP
eforce is an NCPA player
Hey Janssen, what about asking all the teams that want xball to put their money where their mouth is and pay a season deposit? If you get enough deposits, you'll have an xball division. If you don't, credit them for D3 5-man and you have guaranteed teams for D3. You're right in saying that talk is cheap - let's see who steps up or skip the talk entirely. Just a thought
eforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:36 PM #20
jacapbinc
BIG BLACK
 
jacapbinc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
jacapbinc plays in the PSP
jacapbinc owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jacapbinc plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by eforce View Post
Hey Janssen, what about asking all the teams that want xball to put their money where their mouth is and pay a season deposit? If you get enough deposits, you'll have an xball division. If you don't, credit them for D3 5-man and you have guaranteed teams for D3. You're right in saying that talk is cheap - let's see who steps up or skip the talk entirely. Just a thought
Daddy Likes This!
__________________
Janssen "Big Black" Spain
Midwest Arson, The H.N.I.C
MWXL, Event Cord.
jacapbinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:21 PM #21
sean000020
outlawsportz.com
 
sean000020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Michigan
Annual Supporting Member
sean000020 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
sean000020 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Hey Guys, May I get more information on MWXL? I've never been to an event and I'm interested in bringing my team to them. Please PM thanks.
__________________
Check Out - outlawsportz.com
Black Spire - Click Here
sean000020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump