Community Focus

Old 09-10-2012, 10:16 AM #1
rwtfnow
RWTF / US Army

rwtfnow is for the Gunfight
rwtfnow is an NCPA player
rwtfnow plays in the APPA beginner division
Getting into tournament paintball?

I'm not new to paintball but I am new when it comes to tournement play,so my question is what so you think are some requirments needed to make the transfer from rec to tourney? What do I need before I tryout for a team? What skills should I have learned?
Thanks a lot guys
rwtfnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-10-2012, 01:36 PM #2
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports DLX Technology
Money, transportation, and dedication are the three big things you need to play tournament people. The basic skills necessary to play are walking the trigger, laning (more so for back and mid players), playing tight, sliding, diving, winning gun battles, etc. COMMUNICATION I can not stress enough how important that is. You need to constantly talk, and listen and be aware of your surroundings. Aggressiveness is very important too, especially for front players. Things that will get you on a team-the main thing is, to impress them. Do something to make yourself stick out. An awesome move, being aggressive, winning gun battles, putting down a good lane. Teams are looking for players like that. I suggest you visit a local field that host tournaments, and talk to the staff, some teams, and coaches about what you should work on and what is required for a team. That will help a lot c:
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:41 PM #3
rwtfnow
RWTF / US Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by dps093 View Post
Money, transportation, and dedication are the three big things you need to play tournament people. The basic skills necessary to play are walking the trigger, laning (more so for back and mid players), playing tight, sliding, diving, winning gun battles, etc. COMMUNICATION I can not stress enough how important that is. You need to constantly talk, and listen and be aware of your surroundings. Aggressiveness is very important too, especially for front players. Things that will get you on a team-the main thing is, to impress them. Do something to make yourself stick out. An awesome move, being aggressive, winning gun battles, putting down a good lane. Teams are looking for players like that. I suggest you visit a local field that host tournaments, and talk to the staff, some teams, and coaches about what you should work on and what is required for a team. That will help a lot c:
Thanks man!
Old 09-10-2012, 06:45 PM #4
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwtfnow View Post
Thanks man!
Anytime!
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:00 PM #5
DonaldXFPP (Banned)
Xfactor Paintball Park!

DonaldXFPP owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DonaldXFPP has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DonaldXFPP is attending Decay of Nations VI
Money is gonna be a big factor so be ready to get emptied. Your gonna want a reliable, loyal, respectful and very DEDICATED team. As far as equipment wise you can get started with anything you got and dont let anyone tell you any different. Once youve got started it should be a walk in the park from there on. And remember to always have fun and try your hardest because those to factors are very important to your enjoyment of the sport. Dont think of it all as a die-hard competition, enjoy the sport and winning but remember to respect everyone on the field as they are there for the same reason you are,because they love the sport and have the desire to better themselves and the growth of the sport.
DonaldXFPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:02 PM #6
DonaldXFPP (Banned)
Xfactor Paintball Park!

DonaldXFPP owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DonaldXFPP has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DonaldXFPP is attending Decay of Nations VI
I hope this helps and if you want you are more then welcome to message me if you have any further questions!
DonaldXFPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:33 PM #7
rwtfnow
RWTF / US Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldXFPP View Post
I hope this helps and if you want you are more then welcome to message me if you have any further questions!
Thanks man, being 17 I don't have the best budget, but I have been able to purchase myself a very good gear bag. Haha but thanks again
Old 09-20-2012, 10:33 PM #8
p8ntballr68059
SOG Leprechaun Post Whore

Annual Supporting Member
p8ntballr68059 supports Team VICIOUS
p8ntballr68059 plays in the APPA D5 division
p8ntballr68059 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
p8ntballr68059 is Boss
p8ntballr68059 supports DLX Technology
above all make sure you take the time to learn new things about this sport.. even pros will tell you they learn new things all the time.. you will need to be proficient in snap shooting, holding lanes, reading the field, communication, playing tight, run and gun, diving and sliding (in no specific order). just to start the list off. you will pick up more as you go along.
as for a set up you really only need a gun that will do 12 bps a loader and a tank that has enough air to get you through a game or 2. if you have any questions feel free to pm me.
Vicious fan #42
My Current markers Texas Storm G6R,Luxe,Sniper,Vice,Marq 7, TonTon Shocker
p8ntballr68059 is offline   Reply With Quote