Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-09-2012, 11:01 PM #1
griffan2
Parabolic Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
griffan2 is Legendary
mixing lube. dow and triflow?

so i keep reading "best lube ive ever used is what i mix with dow 33, dow 55 and tri-flow. so whats the ratio you guys like? I need a lube for my species timmy, alias timmy, dp g3, pmr and variouse other markers that come through my hands. hater sauce seems to be causing issues with my g3 and the species is shooting well..... but not as well as it could be.

anyways, whats the ratio?
griffan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-10-2012, 02:19 PM #2
Super69ur
Silly Hats Only

TriFlow on the bolt Orings... Dow55 on the rest for the Bob Longs. Forget this mixing garbage for the good guns and waste your time brewing something up on the g3.

Mixing a hydrocarbon based lubricant with a silicone based lubricant is a recipe for disaster, especially if you aren't willing to make a fresh batch every time you service your gun.

Look at your comment. Back to mine. Back to yours NOW BACK TO MINE. Sadly, it isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate crap it could LOOK like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through the comments, finding the ones that your comment could look like. Back at mine, what is it? It's a highly effective counter-troll. Look again, MY COMMENT IS NOW DIAMONDS.
Super69ur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:43 AM #3
Cracker with a gun
- Logan -

Annual Supporting Member
Cracker with a gun supports Cereal Killerz 2
Cracker with a gun is playing at Living Legends VII
Cracker with a gun owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Cracker with a gun owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Cracker with a gun plays in the APPA beginner division
Cracker with a gun is Legendary
This is from PBN or IOG i cant remember, but i saved the text to my computer for occasions like this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by the incubus
Formula 44-D (lube)
Be sure to apply lube in the O-ring grooves before installing them as well. O-rings are not perfectly round throughout thus resulting in leaks. By applying lube in the grooves it pushed the O-ring outward a bit and makes a more uniformly round shape that compensates for any imperfections on O-rings. It doesn't require much, just enough contact to the side walls so the pressure of the air swells them outward to create a perfect seal.

And I must say Lopez that I cannot take credit for that "tip" regarding leaving them in Dow55 overnight. I prefer my own concoction of Dow Lubes and Tri-Flow for the ultimate in Lubes which leaves a slicker final product that still causes swelling on O-rings. I have yet to meet a Marker that doesn't work better with it, including those whose manufacturers suggest oil instead of grease.

I call it Formula-44D.

It consists of 2 parts Dow33 to 1 part Dow55 and depending on the size of the batch (I use a standard container) about 10 drops of Tri-Flow. Talk about slippery stuff!
Cracker with a gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:33 PM #4
Darko9989
MacDev Militia

Annual Supporting Member
Darko9989 is BST Trusted
Darko9989 is playing at Living Legends V
Darko9989 is for the Gunfight
Darko9989 supports Pev's Paintball
Darko9989 has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Darko9989 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super69ur View Post
TriFlow on the bolt Orings... Dow55 on the rest for the Bob Longs. Forget this mixing garbage for the good guns and waste your time brewing something up on the g3.

Mixing a hydrocarbon based lubricant with a silicone based lubricant is a recipe for disaster, especially if you aren't willing to make a fresh batch every time you service your gun.
This. You do not need anything crazy for Bob's guns. Do what you want with the others but for the BL just a bit of Dow 55 on absolutely everything except the bolt. 1 drop of triflow on each bolt o-ring.
Darko9989 is offline   Reply With Quote