Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2012, 09:00 PM #1744
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.
 
Death_Taco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Frederick MD.
 has been a member for 10 years
They both have different missions and purposes. Comparison is pointless.
__________________
"Originally posted by Pelto123: if this how u act in real life u dont have to worry about smashing anyone anytime soon"
Death_Taco is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-21-2012, 09:06 PM #1745
CobraXX
Klasic
 
CobraXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
I understand that they are different in terms of the missions and specialities, by at still a comparable situation. I think rangers are amazing and well trained, but I think seals are harder simply because of the water aspect. My ex and I had the argument today and since she's "knows a ranger," thu are the most elite, classified, and well trained soldier hands done no buts about it. I disagreed because I think overall, seals are more well rounded. Obviously I'm neither, and yes they do different things, but it's like coating powerlifting and bodybuilding. Both are different but similar enough to be able to argue which is harder.
__________________
"Basically just take control of your life man and transcend your environment. Realize there is no need to be bored when there is nearly an infinite amount of mysteries yet to be discovered in our universe. Even closer to infinite is the things you have yet to learn in life, that you could be learning everyday. Don't take any second of your life for granted man."
CobraXX is offline  
Old 11-21-2012, 09:24 PM #1746
hsilman
Disgustipated
 
hsilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Big Apple
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraXX View Post
I understand that they are different in terms of the missions and specialities, by at still a comparable situation. I think rangers are amazing and well trained, but I think seals are harder simply because of the water aspect. My ex and I had the argument today and since she's "knows a ranger," thu are the most elite, classified, and well trained soldier hands done no buts about it. I disagreed because I think overall, seals are more well rounded. Obviously I'm neither, and yes they do different things, but it's like coating powerlifting and bodybuilding. Both are different but similar enough to be able to argue which is harder.
If this paragraph is an example of the kind of logic you employ in your day to day life, I wouldn't worry about surviving much longer.
__________________
This is necessary. Life feeds on life
feeds on life
feeds on life
hsilman is offline  
Old 11-21-2012, 09:35 PM #1747
Pelto123
Cell Technician
 
Pelto123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chinaland
If I was dating someone and they tried to engage me in such a superfluous argument, well then we would henceforth no longer be dating.

I would rather argue about which proof on real numbers being uncountable is more elegant.
Pelto123 is offline  
Old 11-21-2012, 10:03 PM #1748
Pump Revolution
It is what it is
 
Pump Revolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
I remember hearing that the seal divorce rate was over 90%.
__________________
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: Is anything really TMI in ST:F at this point?"


"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Pump Revolution is offline  
Old 11-21-2012, 11:05 PM #1749
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah
 
black_angus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The Great State of Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelto123 View Post
If I was dating someone and they tried to engage me in such a superfluous argument, well then we would henceforth no longer be dating.

I would rather argue about which proof on real numbers being uncountable is more elegant.
Man, no wonder you said "if".
__________________
Iowa Hawkeyes
Miami Hurricanes
Washington Redskins
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
black_angus is offline  
Old 11-22-2012, 12:42 AM #1750
Pelto123
Cell Technician
 
Pelto123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chinaland
Are you still a virgin?
Pelto123 is offline  
Old 11-22-2012, 01:01 AM #1751
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah
 
black_angus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The Great State of Iowa
Is your face still a virgin?
__________________
Iowa Hawkeyes
Miami Hurricanes
Washington Redskins
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
black_angus is offline  
Old 11-22-2012, 02:38 AM #1752
CobraXX
Klasic
 
CobraXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsilman View Post
If this paragraph is an example of the kind of logic you employ in your day to day life, I wouldn't worry about surviving much longer.
Yup since logic determines your survival rate and length. Given that I just now re-read the paragraph, which was typed on an iPhone and not looked over before posted, the autocorrected words do change the direction and meaning of the paragraph. Although, the main idea was still obvious; the navy seals are harder to get into, because of the water training. If you still don't see my point, then please ask a question and I'll be happy to discuss it further.

And to anyone who says, "who gives a ****. I'd rather talk about xx." Well I'm sure no one gives a **** about that either and you chose not to bring it up so that's your fault.
__________________
"Basically just take control of your life man and transcend your environment. Realize there is no need to be bored when there is nearly an infinite amount of mysteries yet to be discovered in our universe. Even closer to infinite is the things you have yet to learn in life, that you could be learning everyday. Don't take any second of your life for granted man."
CobraXX is offline  
Old 11-22-2012, 05:55 AM #1753
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio
 
Paintnoob13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: misery
Paintnoob13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Do Rangers not also go through water training? It seems like something that could be useful.
Paintnoob13 is offline  
Old 11-22-2012, 10:13 AM #1754
hsilman
Disgustipated
 
hsilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Big Apple
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraXX View Post
Yup since logic determines your survival rate and length. Given that I just now re-read the paragraph, which was typed on an iPhone and not looked over before posted, the autocorrected words do change the direction and meaning of the paragraph. Although, the main idea was still obvious; the navy seals are harder to get into, because of the water training. If you still don't see my point, then please ask a question and I'll be happy to discuss it further.

And to anyone who says, "who gives a ****. I'd rather talk about xx." Well I'm sure no one gives a **** about that either and you chose not to bring it up so that's your fault.
her: "I know a ranger, so they're tougher"
you: "that's wrong. I once heard something about the training of seals and rangers maybe this one time, so seals are tougher."
__________________
This is necessary. Life feeds on life
feeds on life
feeds on life
hsilman is offline  
Old 11-22-2012, 11:30 AM #1755
The Wizard
BossPlaya.345
 
The Wizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 315/585
The Wizard has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The Wizard has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Bulking on Thanksgiving. disgonbegood.jpg
__________________
"Originally posted by Katsumoru: And my dad is an astronaut and gave my car a rocket engine. It's not bull****, just too fast to see."

"Originally posted by Menace: my dad works for nasa and has a laser detector that reflects the laser back at the cop and makes his gun explode."

"Originally posted by ClawHammer: STI's are handed down by god himself, NOTHING is faster then an STI."
The Wizard is online now  
Old 11-22-2012, 11:35 AM #1756
CobraXX
Klasic
 
CobraXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsilman View Post
her: "I know a ranger, so they're tougher"
you: "that's wrong. I once heard something about the training of seals and rangers maybe this one time, so seals are tougher."
I once heard? When did I say that? I see where you are coming from, but I wouldn't open up this discussion without having prior knowledge. I've watched plenty of documentaries and have read quite a few websites/forums to form a good opinion on the subject. I've been planning to go into the Navy for the last year, but it looks like I'm postponing it until mid to late next year, so it's not like I haven't submerged myself in information to get a good understanding of what I would like to get into.

QUOTE=Paintnoob13;77319366]Do Rangers not also go through water training? It seems like something that could be useful.[/quote]

They do a bit, but not nearly as extensive as SEALS because they don't specialize or mainly deal with it...cause that's what the SEALS do, lol.
__________________
"Basically just take control of your life man and transcend your environment. Realize there is no need to be bored when there is nearly an infinite amount of mysteries yet to be discovered in our universe. Even closer to infinite is the things you have yet to learn in life, that you could be learning everyday. Don't take any second of your life for granted man."

Last edited by CobraXX : 11-22-2012 at 11:42 AM.
CobraXX is offline  
Old 11-22-2012, 11:44 AM #1757
FHS JewFro
black AND white
 
FHS JewFro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: never move to, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wizard View Post
Bulking on Thanksgiving. disgonbegood.jpg
same, might have to go do some sled pushing, sprints, and jogging AFTER i destroy a massive amount of food

im betting ill be close to 215lbs after the holidays (i have two thanksgiving meals, one today, and the other tomorrow)
__________________
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: You guys are ridiculous, haha. Thanks though, just tryna look like a shaved ape. And the half foot of height Lurk has in me will always make my physique less impressive :tup:"

"Originally posted by WorldStrike: Drop the ego. The weights on the bar will lie to you, the mirror never will."
FHS JewFro is offline  
Old 11-22-2012, 12:12 PM #1758
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.
 
Death_Taco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Frederick MD.
 has been a member for 10 years
People who know nothing about the training, recruitment process and operations of special operation forces, arguing over said forces.

lmao I was like lmao.

edit: back day this morning, time to bulk.
__________________
"Originally posted by Pelto123: if this how u act in real life u dont have to worry about smashing anyone anytime soon"
Death_Taco is offline  
Old 11-22-2012, 01:06 PM #1759
CobraXX
Klasic
 
CobraXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Opened up a discussion not an argument. Never said I knew it all. If I didn care to learn more, I wouldn't have brought it up. So please, enlighten me Mr. Knows the ins-and-outs.
__________________
"Basically just take control of your life man and transcend your environment. Realize there is no need to be bored when there is nearly an infinite amount of mysteries yet to be discovered in our universe. Even closer to infinite is the things you have yet to learn in life, that you could be learning everyday. Don't take any second of your life for granted man."
CobraXX is offline  
Old 11-22-2012, 01:10 PM #1760
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah
 
black_angus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The Great State of Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_Taco View Post
People who know nothing about the training, recruitment process and operations of special operation forces, arguing over said forces.

lmao I was like lmao.
dis
__________________
Iowa Hawkeyes
Miami Hurricanes
Washington Redskins
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
black_angus is offline  
Old 11-22-2012, 01:51 PM #1761
paintballh00dlum
lightweight
 
paintballh00dlum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Wisconsin
paintballh00dlum has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelto123 View Post

I would rather argue about which proof on real numbers being uncountable is more elegant.
well thats enough st:f for one day
paintballh00dlum is offline  
Old 11-22-2012, 01:51 PM #1762
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah
 
black_angus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The Great State of Iowa
lul
__________________
Iowa Hawkeyes
Miami Hurricanes
Washington Redskins
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
black_angus is offline  
Old 11-22-2012, 03:54 PM #1763
only4theweak187
 
 
only4theweak187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Got my purple belt in Jiu Jitsu today. I'm happy.
__________________
big weiners
only4theweak187 is offline  
Old 11-22-2012, 03:58 PM #1764
Dirtybirdy51
Fuark!
 
Dirtybirdy51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Dirtybirdy51 is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelto123

I would rather argue about which proof on real numbers being uncountable is more elegant.
Lol wut

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballh00dlum

well thats enough st:f for one day
This^
__________________
ST:F - Broscience/10
flickr
Originally posted by Black Angus: "So, apparently, if you post in the mountain climbing thread that you enjoy climbing because you can fap off the top of the mountain and watch your *** fly in the wind, you get banned."
AUD- passed, REG- passed, BEC- passed, FAR- scores due 3/10
Dirtybirdy51 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump