PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 01:28 PM #85
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Quote:
Unfortunately domesticated turtles tend to gravitate towards a high fat, high carb diet of pizza and engage in high risk activities, such as full contact martial arts, which shortens their life span.
Okay I ****ing lol'd at this one.
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-13-2012, 06:33 PM #86
Smart Parts Player12

Career fair in a few weeks with banks such as Goldman, Citi, Morgan Stanley. Anyone who isn't retarded want to throw some tips on how I should introduce myself in this type of setting? Obviously wearing a suit and bringing a ton of copies of my resume.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:36 PM #87
FHS JewFro
black AND white

hi, my name is Ari, and i like to pick things up, and then put them down
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: You guys are ridiculous, haha. Thanks though, just tryna look like a shaved ape. And the half foot of height Lurk has in me will always make my physique less impressive :tup:"

"Originally posted by WorldStrike: Drop the ego. The weights on the bar will lie to you, the mirror never will."
Old 09-13-2012, 06:39 PM #88
The Wizard
BossPlaya.345

The Wizard has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The Wizard has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Like an internship fair? I only brought 5 copies of my resume to ours last week and was kicking myself after. 10 would have been better

"Originally posted by Menace: my dad works for nasa and has a laser detector that reflects the laser back at the cop and makes his gun explode."

"Originally posted by ClawHammer: STI's are handed down by god himself, NOTHING is faster then an STI."
Old 09-13-2012, 06:42 PM #89
Weng

Quote:
Originally Posted by ]TSS[ Dake View Post
You got called chubby. lol
Old 09-13-2012, 06:43 PM #90
iizmatts
Me Gusta

iizmatts plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart Parts Player12 View Post
Career fair in a few weeks with banks such as Goldman, Citi, Morgan Stanley. Anyone who isn't retarded want to throw some tips on how I should introduce myself in this type of setting? Obviously wearing a suit and bringing a ton of copies of my resume.
just talk to them about your experience, try to differentiate yourself and make them remember you.

Why should they care who you are? They get 1000s of finance majors sucking their dicks for a job every day. Set yourself apart.

Got an interview with my #1 pick for an ad agency in NYC next week, so pumped.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:22 PM #91
CobraXX
Klasic

**** cardio. I was running on the treadmill yesterday and I had a seizure. Had to be wheeled out on a stretcher.

Cardio..Never again.
"Basically just take control of your life man and transcend your environment. Realize there is no need to be bored when there is nearly an infinite amount of mysteries yet to be discovered in our universe. Even closer to infinite is the things you have yet to learn in life, that you could be learning everyday. Don't take any second of your life for granted man."
Old 09-13-2012, 07:25 PM #92
FHS JewFro
black AND white

not sure if srs...
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: You guys are ridiculous, haha. Thanks though, just tryna look like a shaved ape. And the half foot of height Lurk has in me will always make my physique less impressive :tup:"

"Originally posted by WorldStrike: Drop the ego. The weights on the bar will lie to you, the mirror never will."
Old 09-13-2012, 07:38 PM #93
Pelto123
Cell Technician

I can confirm, I was stretcher.

Quote:
Pics of suit.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:42 PM #94
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Just go in your birthday suit, you will surely be remembered then.
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:02 PM #95
Smart Parts Player12

Old 09-13-2012, 08:19 PM #96
FHS JewFro
black AND white

i didnt know you were that tan, ari

Old 09-13-2012, 08:55 PM #97
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

What is synthol?

"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Old 09-13-2012, 08:58 PM #98
Pyrosive
Jacked

Pyrosive helped look for balloons
1)*If you were shrunk to the size of a pencil and put in a blender, how would you get out? (Goldman Sachs)

2)*How much should you charge to wash all the windows in Seattle? (Google)

3)*What was your best MacGyver moment? (Schlumberger)

4)*How do you weigh an elephant without using a weigh machine?” (***)

5)*What would you do if you just inherited a pizzeria from your uncle? (Volkswagen)

6)*Sell me an invisible pen. (Procter & Gamble)

7)*How many golf balls can fit in a school bus? (Google)

8)*Would you be okay hearing "no" seven out of ten times? (Enterprise Rent-a-car)

9)*Given the numbers 1 to 1000, what is the minimum number of guesses needed to find a number with the hint "higher" or "lower" for each guess? (Google)

10)*Why do you think only a small percentage of the population makes over 150K? (New York Life)

11)*Imagine you have a closet full of shirts. It’s very hard to find a shirt. So what can you do to organize your shirts for easy retrieval? (Microsoft)

12)*If you could be any superhero, who would it be? (ATT)

13)*You have a birthday cake and have exactly 3 slices to cut it into 8 equal pieces. How do you do it?” (Blackrock)

14)*How many piano tuners are there in the entire world? (Google)

15)*How many traffic lights are there in Manhattan? (Argus)

16)*Why are manhole covers round? (Google and Microsoft)

17)*How are M&M’s made? (US Bank)

18)*What is the philosophy of martial arts? (Aflac)

19)*On a scale of 1 to 10, how weird are you? (Capital One)

20)*Explain a database in three sentences to your eight-year-old nephew. (Google)

21)*How would you move Mount Fuji? (Microsoft)

22)*How many hair salons are there in Japan? (Boston Consulting)

23)*If both a taxi and a limo were priced the exact same, which one would you choose? (Best Buy)

24)*What are 5 uncommon uses of a brick, not including building, layering, or a paper-weight? (Kaplan Education)

25)*How would you sell me eggnog in Florida in the summer? (Expedia)

26)*Are your parents disappointed with your career aspirations? (Fisher Investments)

27)*Given a dictionary of words, how do you calculate the anagrams for a new word? (Amazon)

28)*Tell me about your life from Kindergarten onwards. (Merrill Lynch)

29)*A man pushed his car to a hotel and lost his fortune. What happened? (Google)

30)*What do wood and alcohol have in common? (Guardsmark)

31)*What is your table tennis strategy? (Citigroup)

32)*How would you test a keyboard? (Microsoft)

33)*Explain to me what has happened in this country during the last 10 years. (Boston Consulting)

34)*How many ridges are there around a quarter? (Deloitte)1

35)*An apple costs 20 cents, an orange costs 40 cents, and a grapefruit costs 60 cents. How much is a pear? (Epic Systems)

36)*How would you design an alarm clock? (Microsoft)

37)*How many basketballs can you fit in this room? (Google)

38)*If you had 5,623 participants in a tournament, how many games would need to be played to determine the winner? (Amazon)

39)*You have 8 pennies, 7 weigh the same, one weighs less. You also have a judge’s scale. Find the one that weighs less in less than 3 steps. (Intel)

40)*Out of 25 horses, pick the fastest 3 horses. In each race, only 5 horses can run at the same time. What is the minimum number of races required? (Bloomberg Financial)
Old 09-13-2012, 08:58 PM #99
Pyrosive
Jacked

Pyrosive helped look for balloons
Some interview questions I found one time. Mostly trying to see how you approach a problem and not for actually knowing the answer. They might help you.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:26 PM #100
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same

Those are really interesting. Going to "solve" a few of them tonight. Thanks

Poor man, living a rich life
"Lay your facts by the side of every-day practices of this nation and you will say with me that, for revolting barbarity and shameless hypocrisy, America reigns without a rival." -Frederick Douglass
Old 09-13-2012, 11:38 PM #101
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
1) Go in a suit, it matches the personality of the firms/businesses you are trying to be hired by.
1a) Don't go with a red tie. Although yes, it displays, "power" in the business world...as a person trying to get hired, stick with something more calming.

2) Have a copy of your resume (or 2, or 3) written for each of the firms you're interested in. Have this with a cover letter directed to their firm about why you'd be a great hire and a perfect fit for their company. (make sure to hand the right company the matching resume/cover letter...or you're f'd in the a.
2a) Your resume should be tailored to a specific job you're looking for. Take key words from the job description and use your experience, education, personal life to back up those words.

3) Fresh hair cut, firm handshake, look them in the eye.
3a) Come up with a 30-sec sell.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:14 AM #102
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

My god, *****es are strange. From outside, "hey you! In the corner, on your computer!" Me, "What's up?" "Teehehehhee"

Slootz

Bats make the world a better place. To find out how and sponsor them, click here.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:17 AM #103
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

Also Ari all that **** is gonna make you look like a try-hard. No suit. Wife beater, cut-off jorts. Laminated resumes so they can't ignore it. Self-made business cards, preferably with power lifting numbers listed. Also "So, are you aware of who I am?" is an alpha ****in icebreaker.

Bats make the world a better place. To find out how and sponsor them, click here.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:09 AM #104
solrflare

solrflare is a Supporting Member
solrflare donated to help Peyton Trent
Don't forget to include a mullet wig.

Or an actual mullet.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Emerson
The AR is like a prom queen. The AK is like a biker chick. Treat both accordingly.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:16 AM #105
Pirate Mafia
Affiliated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Revolution View Post
[IMG]http://spotmebro.com/spotmebrotest/wp-content/gallery/moustafa-ismail-popeye/moustafa-ismail-synthol-4.jpg[IMG]

What is synthol?

Site Enhancing Oil. It is not an AAS, its simply a oil injected into a specific muscle group and fills it with said oil to make it appear larger, It does not increase strength or actual muscle size. It's like filling a balloon with water.
Closed Thread