Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2012, 03:13 AM #1009
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same
 
Mr.Familiar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
I'm not saying that the U.S killed 66,000 civilians, our bombings have only killed about 4% (approx. 2300) in Iraq (according to one study). It's a small, but still significant number. 2977 died on 9/11. But several sources have estimated that well over 100,000 people in the region, regardless of which "side" or "god" they are fighting for, have died. It's a hard thing to make decisions about. The world is getting smaller, populations are growing exponentially, and we want their oil. But when Pump says that Muslims, as a whole, are more dangerous than Christians, as a whole, angers me. Especially when you consider the number of wars this predominant Christian nation has been in since it became it's own country.
__________________
Twothousandandfour.
Any man who knows a thing, knows that he knows not a damn, damn thing at all. K'Naan

Poor man, living a rich life
"Lay your facts by the side of every-day practices of this nation and you will say with me that, for revolting barbarity and shameless hypocrisy, America reigns without a rival." -Frederick Douglass

Last edited by Mr.Familiar : 10-18-2012 at 03:17 AM.
Mr.Familiar is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-18-2012, 05:11 AM #1010
solrflare
 
 
solrflare's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Columbus, GA
Annual Supporting Member
solrflare is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
solrflare donated to help Peyton Trent
Oh, completely agreed. Murder and genocide in the name of the Christian god BY FAR outnumber murders and killings in the name of anybody related to Islam.

How often do you hear of Buddhists killing people? Exactly.
__________________
PbNation: Stupidity on an EPIC scale!
Originally posted by sutcivnI
PBNation: your source for unfounded and completely unrealistic advice about every subject under the sun.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Emerson
The AR is like a prom queen. The AK is like a biker chick. Treat both accordingly.
solrflare is offline  
Old 10-18-2012, 07:35 AM #1011
hsilman
Disgustipated
 
hsilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Big Apple
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Revolution View Post
Anyone?
religious text wise, or sociology wise?

religious guidelines related, I believe it has to do with a better vision of the text as a whole, a better understanding evolved through increased scholarship, etc. Because i think being largely non-violent(though not pacifist!) is emphasized in the text as a whole(can't take the OT without the NT to put in context, of course. Which isn't a problem for Christians, IMHO)

Sociology answer: they are no longer threatened. the status of the religion as dominant/existent is secure, so they no longer need to react to perceived slights. Funny enough, this is kind of what the teachings of the NT are based on. Essentially, once you trust in God's judgement of you(that you are loved, no matter what), you can detach your ego from your accomplishments, and whether you fail or succeed, are congratulated or mocked, no longer provokes a response by your ego.

That's just my take on it. I'm a big compatibilitist though, so I know many who think I'm an idiot.
__________________
This is necessary. Life feeds on life
feeds on life
feeds on life
hsilman is offline  
Old 10-18-2012, 08:57 AM #1012
Pump Revolution
It is what it is
 
Pump Revolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
This man is being prosecuted in Turkey for tweeting about islam. I don't see any Christian dominated countries prosecuting their citizens for commenting about Christianity.


http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19990943
__________________
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: Is anything really TMI in ST:F at this point?"


"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Pump Revolution is offline  
Old 10-18-2012, 09:00 AM #1013
Pump Revolution
It is what it is
 
Pump Revolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Familiar View Post
I'm not saying that the U.S killed 66,000 civilians, our bombings have only killed about 4% (approx. 2300) in Iraq (according to one study). It's a small, but still significant number. 2977 died on 9/11. But several sources have estimated that well over 100,000 people in the region, regardless of which "side" or "god" they are fighting for, have died. It's a hard thing to make decisions about. The world is getting smaller, populations are growing exponentially, and we want their oil. But when Pump says that Muslims, as a whole, are more dangerous than Christians, as a whole, angers me. Especially when you consider the number of wars this predominant Christian nation has been in since it became it's own country.
Doing something because of politics is not the same as doing it for religion.
__________________
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: Is anything really TMI in ST:F at this point?"


"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"

Last edited by Pump Revolution : 10-18-2012 at 09:02 AM.
Pump Revolution is offline  
Old 10-18-2012, 09:17 AM #1014
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.
 
Death_Taco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Frederick MD.
 has been a member for 10 years
Radical Islam at it again, destroying 8,000 year old carvings (similar to Afghanistan):
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...aa83c20199.261

Good article on Apple stock ownership:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...t-own/1609157/
__________________
"Originally posted by Pelto123: if this how u act in real life u dont have to worry about smashing anyone anytime soon"

Last edited by Death_Taco : 10-18-2012 at 09:36 AM.
Death_Taco is offline  
Old 10-18-2012, 10:10 AM #1015
Pump Revolution
It is what it is
 
Pump Revolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
This women is either a extremely dedicated troll, or completely retarded.


__________________
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: Is anything really TMI in ST:F at this point?"


"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Pump Revolution is offline  
Old 10-18-2012, 12:01 PM #1016
solrflare
 
 
solrflare's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Columbus, GA
Annual Supporting Member
solrflare is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
solrflare donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Revolution View Post
This man is being prosecuted in Turkey for tweeting about islam. I don't see any Christian dominated countries prosecuting their citizens for commenting about Christianity.


http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19990943
Because those nations were not founded on the principles of Christianity. They were founded on the principles of freedom/democracy/blah blah.

Turkey's laws were specifically founded on the principle of Shariah law.
__________________
PbNation: Stupidity on an EPIC scale!
Originally posted by sutcivnI
PBNation: your source for unfounded and completely unrealistic advice about every subject under the sun.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Emerson
The AR is like a prom queen. The AK is like a biker chick. Treat both accordingly.
solrflare is offline  
Old 10-18-2012, 12:18 PM #1017
paintballh00dlum
lightweight
 
paintballh00dlum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Wisconsin
paintballh00dlum has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Revolution View Post
This women is either a extremely dedicated troll, or completely retarded.


i never thought i could be that pissed but laughing at the same time
paintballh00dlum is offline  
Old 10-18-2012, 12:22 PM #1018
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same
 
Mr.Familiar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by solrflare View Post
How often do you hear of Buddhists killing people? Exactly.
Again, an assumption is made that all those whom identify as Buddhists, therefore practice the same as Buddhists monks. But I see the point you proposing.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Revolution View Post
Doing something because of politics is not the same as doing it for religion.
It is the same when you look what guides politicians...their faith in "doing the right thing". Bush states several time that he "talks to God".

As of 2010, 87.4% of congressman in the united states believe in Christ. Whether they are of Mormon, Protestant, or Catholic denomination.

I think an interesting question to ask a politician on live television would be; given the choice, would they choose to live their life serving their faith in God, or their position on congress serving the people.
__________________
Twothousandandfour.
Any man who knows a thing, knows that he knows not a damn, damn thing at all. K'Naan

Poor man, living a rich life
"Lay your facts by the side of every-day practices of this nation and you will say with me that, for revolting barbarity and shameless hypocrisy, America reigns without a rival." -Frederick Douglass
Mr.Familiar is offline  
Old 10-18-2012, 12:27 PM #1019
Pump Revolution
It is what it is
 
Pump Revolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Exactly, muslims and their shiarian are barbaric. Wherever Muslim culture is prominent, terrorism is sure to follow.
__________________
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: Is anything really TMI in ST:F at this point?"


"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Pump Revolution is offline  
Old 10-18-2012, 12:52 PM #1020
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same
 
Mr.Familiar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Where Christian culture is prominent, the "We're more civilized than you are; therefore we're right" demeanor is present, thus leading to death. Homo Sapiens are just plain violent. Religion is the excuse and label.

I guess it's a good thing we have the Atlantic Ocean and several other countries separating us apart.
__________________
Twothousandandfour.
Any man who knows a thing, knows that he knows not a damn, damn thing at all. K'Naan

Poor man, living a rich life
"Lay your facts by the side of every-day practices of this nation and you will say with me that, for revolting barbarity and shameless hypocrisy, America reigns without a rival." -Frederick Douglass

Last edited by Mr.Familiar : 10-18-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Mr.Familiar is offline  
Old 10-18-2012, 01:25 PM #1021
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah
 
black_angus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The Great State of Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by solrflare View Post
My parents are staunch Republicans and Christians and I am a vehement atheist.
Oh, wow, one example. That disproves my point.


My point, for clarification, is that it is extremely common for religion to be a somewhat linear thing in a family, or culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Familiar View Post
Especially when you consider the number of wars this predominant Christian nation has been in since it became it's own country.
But how many wars has our nation actually started? The Revolutionary War?



Regardless of religion or nationality, the middle east has been pretty much a constant battlezone, or at the least, a not-very-safe-zone, for thousands of years, going all the way back to the Akkadians and other ancient near east civilizations. It's been a trend for a very long time.
__________________
Iowa Hawkeyes
Miami Hurricanes
Washington Redskins
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
black_angus is offline  
Old 10-18-2012, 01:56 PM #1022
Smart Parts Player12
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_Taco
Radical Islam at it again, destroying 8,000 year old carvings (similar to Afghanistan):
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5j8YTcHzPr8qkQj8Be68BkdE6L1pA?docId=CNG.bbe1d 6490ab6ef1279c6c7aa83c20199.261

Good article on Apple stock ownership:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...t-own/1609157/
Lol dumb ****s with 38% of retirement funds in Apple.
__________________
But if we get on the treadmill together, there's two things: You're getting off first, or I'm going to die. It's really that simple, right?
Smart Parts Player12 is offline  
Old 10-18-2012, 02:09 PM #1023
Pump Revolution
It is what it is
 
Pump Revolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by solrflare View Post
My parents are staunch Republicans and Christians and I am a vehement atheist.
You must have missed the part where he said MOST people follow their parents beliefs.
__________________
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: Is anything really TMI in ST:F at this point?"


"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Pump Revolution is offline  
Old 10-18-2012, 02:10 PM #1024
Pump Revolution
It is what it is
 
Pump Revolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Familiar View Post
Where Christian culture is prominent, the "We're more civilized than you are; therefore we're right" demeanor is present, thus leading to death. Homo Sapiens are just plain violent. Religion is the excuse and label.

I guess it's a good thing we have the Atlantic Ocean and several other countries separating us apart.
Humans are violent creatures, but muslims overall are most much more violent than any other mainstream religion. Sure there are peaceful muslims, but as the a whole, there is definitely a trend of violence.
__________________
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: Is anything really TMI in ST:F at this point?"


"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Pump Revolution is offline  
Old 10-18-2012, 02:12 PM #1025
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.
 
Death_Taco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Frederick MD.
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart Parts Player12 View Post
Lol dumb ****s with 38% of retirement funds in Apple.
You mean I shouldn't base my retirement fund on one, single stock???????

Well...**** me right?
__________________
"Originally posted by Pelto123: if this how u act in real life u dont have to worry about smashing anyone anytime soon"
Death_Taco is offline  
Old 10-18-2012, 02:14 PM #1026
Barber
Moose Krew.
 
Barber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: 765
 has been a member for 10 years
Barber plays in the PSP
Barber is an NCPA player
Barber plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_Taco View Post
You mean I shouldn't base my retirement fund on one, single stock???????

Well...**** me right?
You should when that single stock grows 60-80% EVERY SINGLE YEAR NO MATTER WHAT because everyone buys ipods bro.
__________________
ÚSKay All Day
Barber is online now  
Old 10-18-2012, 03:13 PM #1027
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same
 
Mr.Familiar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Revolution View Post
Humans are violent creatures, but muslims overall are most much more violent than any other mainstream religion. Sure there are peaceful muslims, but as the a whole, there is definitely a trend of violence.
So what is your plan of action, since war doesn't seem to be fixing anything?
__________________
Twothousandandfour.
Any man who knows a thing, knows that he knows not a damn, damn thing at all. K'Naan

Poor man, living a rich life
"Lay your facts by the side of every-day practices of this nation and you will say with me that, for revolting barbarity and shameless hypocrisy, America reigns without a rival." -Frederick Douglass
Mr.Familiar is offline  
Old 10-18-2012, 03:18 PM #1028
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity
 
]TSS[ Dake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: CWU
 has been a member for 10 years
Elevate the US by about 2 miles, let global warming solve the rest.
__________________
If I were the marrying type,
and I thank the lord I'm not, sir...

Bats make the world a better place. To find out how and sponsor them, click here.
]TSS[ Dake is offline  
Old 10-18-2012, 03:58 PM #1029
Pump Revolution
It is what it is
 
Pump Revolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Familiar View Post
So what is your plan of action, since war doesn't seem to be fixing anything?
My plan is to sit here and complain about how violent the muslims are.
__________________
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: Is anything really TMI in ST:F at this point?"


"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"

Last edited by Pump Revolution : 10-18-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Pump Revolution is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump