PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 04:25 PM #967
paintballh00dlum
lightweight

paintballh00dlum has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Its lactose free milk. I guess my body decided to be lactose intolerant now because every time I eat dairy I'm volcano ****ting a few hours later.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-17-2012, 04:28 PM #968
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Oh, was unaware of that. I just take a lactaid pill with my shakes to counter that.

"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Old 10-17-2012, 04:30 PM #969
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

has been a member for 10 years

Bats make the world a better place. To find out how and sponsor them, click here.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:12 PM #970
FHS JewFro
black AND white

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_angus View Post
http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortu...anies/profits/

1. Exxon
2. AT&T
3. Chevron
4. Microsoft
5. J.P. Morgan Chase & Co
8. Apple

Most valuable =/= most profitable.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottdec...is-now-on-top/
boom, roasted

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungGunner55 View Post
were in a recession and all luxury car sales are down, even if they make a "*****in car" doesnt mean they are going to sell. And as of bmw they are not all that great, my dad had an x5 for a month until he got rid of it. quite frankly bmw blows dick, the 3 series is a POS, only bmw i would ever own is an x6 or 7 series, and i would rather opt for an S class over a 7.

your a complete idiot if you think just because a company owns a cool product its automatically successful. It is indeed a fact that apple is the most valuable company, sees insane growth rates, sells amazing products that competition cant produce. everything you said was honestly just retarded. you edited your post to try and disprove my point to you that i was disproving you... while infact you did not disprove my point and just made an uneducated reply thinking you disproved me. your slandering apple acting like it isnt a powerhouse, in march they had 100 billion in the bank, and profited 16 billion last quarter. PROFITED 16 BILLION.

apple can literally buy countries and rename it to apple...

as for apple not being the most profitable company...

-http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/08/21/718851/apple-most-valuable-dodge-taxes/?mobile=nc

-http://money.cnn.com/2012/08/20/technology/apple-most-valuable-company/index.html

-http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/comment/2012/03/apple-dividend-tim-cook.html
maybe lurk will chime in about BMWs

Ari is actually a very intelligent young man, prolly isnt too shabby at English either

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrosive View Post
Loling hard over here at the kids in this thread that think they have everything figured out. Also loving SPP's responses
2nd that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart Parts Player12 View Post
Thank you for proving to me that you know as much about the market as does my little brother (I don't have a little brother). Having the biggest market cap doesn't mean you are the most profitable you idiot.

I have never slandered Apple, it's a great company. All I am saying is don't expect these kinds of returns each and every quarter.

Luckily for us we have Gordon Gekko here gracing us with his presence. Everyone take notes from the kid who isn't old enough to have a brokerage account.

Here's a basic lesson from Benjamin Graham, if everyone is getting on the "next big thing", you're too late.
dont feed the troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungGunner55 View Post
not old enough for a brokerage account but i do have a premier platinum account (minimum of 75k needed to open one) and your analogy on bmw was honestly so awful that anything you say, no matter how good, just does not have credibility.
congrats on even further proving you are a spoiled kid
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: You guys are ridiculous, haha. Thanks though, just tryna look like a shaved ape. And the half foot of height Lurk has in me will always make my physique less impressive :tup:"

"Originally posted by WorldStrike: Drop the ego. The weights on the bar will lie to you, the mirror never will."
Old 10-17-2012, 05:22 PM #971
The Wizard
BossPlaya.345

The Wizard has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The Wizard has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I think I've become lactose intolerant as well. Bought some lactaid pills, take 1 with every shake and dairy product. Farts and explosive ****s significantly reduced

"Originally posted by Menace: my dad works for nasa and has a laser detector that reflects the laser back at the cop and makes his gun explode."

"Originally posted by ClawHammer: STI's are handed down by god himself, NOTHING is faster then an STI."
Old 10-17-2012, 05:25 PM #972
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

Paintnoob13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ]TSS[ Dake View Post
r/atheism is what I equate to the misc of the atheist community. Except instead of trolls they're mostly just retards jerking each other off over fb statuses where they tell people god isn't real and pretend they're doing the world a great service.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:35 PM #973
timmyfreak15(2)
nickhammonddesign.com

timmyfreak15(2) is an NCPA player
timmyfreak15(2) plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like you think that all Muslims are into destroying **** and spreading their faith via any means necessary...which is not true.

Not trying to start up a religious debate or anything. I'm not religious myself. Just trying to steer a fellow in the right direction.

And yes, Reddit went downhill. Its cool to see groups coming together for common causes when they do do it though. Sometimes they band together and donate a ****load of money to charities/people in need
H O M E / S H O P / A B O U T / B L O G / C O N T A C T
Old 10-17-2012, 05:36 PM #974
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

That's what the quran supports. That's what you support if you choose to be muslim.

Bats make the world a better place. To find out how and sponsor them, click here.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:37 PM #975
timmyfreak15(2)
nickhammonddesign.com

timmyfreak15(2) is an NCPA player
timmyfreak15(2) plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
That's what the quran supports. That's what you support if you choose to be muslim.
I'm only gonna say this once, but no. Those are extremists just like any other religion.

I still respect your body and amazing beard.
H O M E / S H O P / A B O U T / B L O G / C O N T A C T
Old 10-17-2012, 05:54 PM #976
paintballh00dlum
lightweight

paintballh00dlum has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintnoob13 View Post
r/atheism is what I equate to the misc of the atheist community. Except instead of trolls they're mostly just retards jerking each other off over fb statuses where they tell people god isn't real and pretend they're doing the world a great service.
I agree. Some (but not all) atheist's jimmies seem super rustled over the fact that people believe in a god. Then the atheists get pissed when religions oppose gay marriage and they say "if it doesn't affect you it shouldn't matter" but its the same damn thing with religion, in general.
If people want to believe in a god let them, its their life, not yours. Some exceptions include religious terrorism which affect people.

I see it on facebook a lot among the other stupid **** that makes me mad.

Last edited by paintballh00dlum : 10-17-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:35 PM #977
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

And not unlike someone who believes that white people are superior, you are associated with the persons who commit atrocities against one enough based on that belief, even if you aren't committing the actions.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:39 PM #978
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrosive View Post
Loling hard over here at the kids in this thread that think they have everything figured out. Also loving SPP's responses
I tend to think I don't have anything at all figured out, seeing as my life is pretty much like a Geo Metro stuck in a foot of mud with a small Asian woman at the wheel.
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:48 PM #979
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyfreak15(2) View Post
I'm only gonna say this once, but no. Those are extremists just like any other religion.
Blasphemy

"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Old 10-17-2012, 07:01 PM #980
hsilman
Disgustipated

Quote:
I'm not diving into this ****fest, but which translation of the quran do you prefer? I assume, like myself, you haven't read it in Arabic.

I have the one by Tarik Khalidi on my shelf, but I only did a relatively short(probably only spent an hour or two on it) search of the internet to look at opinions of which to get. I'm looking to compare versions, which one do you have, and do you like it? Is it word-for-word, phrase-for-phrase or does it employ a different translation paradigm(like "the good news" version of the bible, for example).

Looking forward to your response. Always interested to know what you think.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:14 PM #981
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

No, as I don't understand Arabic, I'm relegated to translations. And the verses I've found specifically advocating violence against non-believers tend to run pretty closely in both the Shakir, Pickthal, and Yusufali translations.

As a little background on this my stance on Islam (and really every religion) comes from preaching and advocating tolerance until I was informed to educate myself on the actual content of the texts.

My take now is that, like every religion with roots in Abrahamism, the world would be a better place without it.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:28 PM #982
hsilman
Disgustipated

Quote:
No, as I don't understand Arabic, I'm relegated to translations. And the verses I've found specifically advocating violence against non-believers tend to run pretty closely in both the Shakir, Pickthal, and Yusufali translations.

As a little background on this my stance on Islam (and really every religion) comes from preaching and advocating tolerance until I was informed to educate myself on the actual content of the texts.

My take now is that, like every religion with roots in Abrahamism, the world would be a better place without it.
I have to be 100% honest here:

I don't understand how you could get any impressions of anything reading selected verses only. The whole damn thing is so convoluted with tons of symbolism and such, that I barely understand it reading it only a chapter at a time.

If you really want to understand it, I highly recommend actually reading it. rather than cherry picking. I'm not even saying what you've read "doesn't mean what it says". I'm saying I have a hard time grasping the message of whole chapters, I can't imagine what you can pull out of a couple of sentences at a time.

it's like picking "No one can follow me who doesn't hate his own mother" out of the bible and saying that's what Jesus taught.

but I assume your mind is made up, and you don't care to read more. Don't blame you. If it wasn't for the Christians publicly decrying extremist groups, I'd feel the same was about it. I always wonder where all these moderate american muslims who speak out against terrorists are.

I do wonder though if the press doesn't cover them BECAUSE it would take away from the meme they are going with.

I dunno, that sounds too "it's a conspiracy, man" to me.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:36 PM #983
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyfreak15(2) View Post

I still respect your body and amazing beard.
There are varying levels of extremist with varying views that are not inherent to Islam, and indeed the break a main commandment if you will, of the Quran, which is not harming other muslims and also to be violent against hipocracy (which they are doing).

However...

Quote:
The Quran is a violent book that promotes violence, dishonesty towards non-islam, and other various things. With many loopholes such as Fat'was and the chronological ordering of correctness.

TL;DR: Islam, religion of peace. There are muslims who are peaceful, but Islam is not inherently a peaceful religion.

EDIT: This being said, I am friends (close) with many muslims who are peaceful, denounce extremism and violence in the name of Islam/Allah and who are very accepting and welcoming to non-muslims. They range from Lebanon, Palestine, West Africa and North Africa. All from different backgrounds.

Last edited by Death_Taco : 10-17-2012 at 07:38 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:38 PM #984
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Organized religion is a terrible, terrible thing.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:40 PM #985
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

People my friend, are the problem.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:42 PM #986
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Note how I said organized. As in, organized by people.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:51 PM #987
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_angus View Post
Organized religion is a terrible, terrible thing.
Yeah, organized food drives for those in poverty, donation collections for those in need of medical care and can't pay for it, sending missionaries to violent and poverty stricken areas of the world to build homes and friendships... all terrible, terrible things. There are good things about religious entities, as well as not so good.

Dake- hsilman made a good point. So you are saying that people don't have the capacity to be able to follow and/distinguish certain "guidelines" or even "texts" like you yourself pointed out, and not other, more violent ones? "Not coming @"

Also- getting heated in here

Poor man, living a rich life
"Lay your facts by the side of every-day practices of this nation and you will say with me that, for revolting barbarity and shameless hypocrisy, America reigns without a rival." -Frederick Douglass
Closed Thread