Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 01:03 PM #946
Smart Parts Player12

Because Apple will surely see this kind of growth forever right? It will definitely be worth 1400 dollars in a year and a half. You can't model growth linearly.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:08 PM #947
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungGunner55 View Post
I own 35 apple shares($22,597.75) was my specific buy in. It was at 364 a share exactly a year ago, its now 646 a share as we speak... down from the 700 a share peak a few weaks ago, but it is steadily climbing. The entire stock market took a massive hit last week, which would be a nice buy in.
I'm aware, I got it @ $110 and even I know it's value is not a 60-80% return. It's 1-year target EST is only ~$800 (down from $1000).

It's a good stock, stock get me wrong, but hardly the growth you're talking about. I'd keep it for the long haul though...and if you do short, wait until holiday season 2012 to sell.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:11 PM #948
paintballh00dlum
lightweight

paintballh00dlum has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
lawl my dad sold his apple stock when it was at 99 dollars a share, and he had A LOT of shares. we could have literally made a fortune.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:15 PM #949
Pelto123
Cell Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart Parts Player12 View Post
Because Apple will surely see this kind of growth forever right? It will definitely be worth 1400 dollars in a year and a half. You can't model growth linearly.
Rubbish, Jobs is like Tupac and still lives on. Apple will keep making these kinds of gains in every single single quarter, year-in and year-out.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:20 PM #950
YoungGunner55

apple is the most profitable company in the world. apple is even releasing tv's soon, no one has technology or aesthetics like them. i wouldnt doubt if in the near future they start making kitchen appliances aswell. and on top of that, apple has a huge cult of bandwagoners that will buy their **** even if it sucks. I myself own a macbook pro, Ipad gen 3, iphone 4s and 5 (two active lines), will soon purchase an imac aswell. so this should explain your comment smart parts, apple isnt going anywhere for awhile and their stocks will still prosper.

hoodlum, your dad probably gets pissed at that very often lol, what year was this in?
Old 10-17-2012, 01:24 PM #951
paintballh00dlum
lightweight

my mom says he mentions it occasionally from time to time about how much he regrets selling it, but at the time we were moving or something like that so he wanted to sell just for some extra money.

i forget what year it was.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:48 PM #952
YoungGunner55

yeah i remember i put 5k in on endocyte, it was projected to have a 30% spike, short-term, sold it at 37% at first signs of potential decrease. and it went up like 86% and i think, was so pissed
Old 10-17-2012, 01:58 PM #953
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same

Had a dream last night that I pulled 485 on deadlifts like no big deal. Woke up; still small.

Poor man, living a rich life
"Lay your facts by the side of every-day practices of this nation and you will say with me that, for revolting barbarity and shameless hypocrisy, America reigns without a rival." -Frederick Douglass
Old 10-17-2012, 02:00 PM #954
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

has been a member for 10 years
I really rustled reddit's jimmies by pointing out their hypocrisy and lack of testicular fortitude.

Bats make the world a better place. To find out how and sponsor them, click here.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:06 PM #955
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Familiar View Post
Had a dream last night that I pulled 485 on deadlifts like no big deal. Woke up; still small.

I had a dream that my ex-girlfriend was 8 months pregnant.
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:12 PM #956
Smart Parts Player12

Quote:
apple is the most profitable company in the world. apple is even releasing tv's soon, no one has technology or aesthetics like them. i wouldnt doubt if in the near future they start making kitchen appliances aswell. and on top of that, apple has a huge cult of bandwagoners that will buy their **** even if it sucks. I myself own a macbook pro, Ipad gen 3, iphone 4s and 5 (two active lines), will soon purchase an imac aswell. so this should explain your comment smart parts, apple isnt going anywhere for awhile and their stocks will still prosper.

hoodlum, your dad probably gets pissed at that very often lol, what year was this in?
No, Apple was not the most profitable company as of 2011 earnings. Exxon tops that list at 41 billion, compared to Apple's 26 billion.

The market doesn't work like that at all. BMW makes some pretty *****in cars, and 2012 is projected to be their slowest growth year since 2007. You can't just say "Company A makes an awesome product, therefore their stock is going to go up".

You have to realize that a company's stock price has to reflect the inherent worth. If a stock goes up 300% but it's earnings don't change, guess what happens? That's speculation, and we have all seen that bubble burst. I'm not saying Apple is a bubble, but it is not going to see this kind of growth forever.'

Seriously I need to edit this to just point something out. Your logic which was supposed to discredit mine was that you own a bunch of apple **** and because it is so bombass cool there is no where for the stock to go but the moon.

Last edited by Smart Parts Player12 : 10-17-2012 at 02:14 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:33 PM #957
YoungGunner55

were in a recession and all luxury car sales are down, even if they make a "*****in car" doesnt mean they are going to sell. And as of bmw they are not all that great, my dad had an x5 for a month until he got rid of it. quite frankly bmw blows dick, the 3 series is a POS, only bmw i would ever own is an x6 or 7 series, and i would rather opt for an S class over a 7.

your a complete idiot if you think just because a company owns a cool product its automatically successful. It is indeed a fact that apple is the most valuable company, sees insane growth rates, sells amazing products that competition cant produce. everything you said was honestly just retarded. you edited your post to try and disprove my point to you that i was disproving you... while infact you did not disprove my point and just made an uneducated reply thinking you disproved me. your slandering apple acting like it isnt a powerhouse, in march they had 100 billion in the bank, and profited 16 billion last quarter. PROFITED 16 BILLION.

apple can literally buy countries and rename it to apple...

as for apple not being the most profitable company...

-http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/08/21/718851/apple-most-valuable-dodge-taxes/?mobile=nc

-http://money.cnn.com/2012/08/20/technology/apple-most-valuable-company/index.html

-http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/comment/2012/03/apple-dividend-tim-cook.html
Old 10-17-2012, 02:38 PM #958
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortu...anies/profits/

1. Exxon
2. AT&T
3. Chevron
4. Microsoft
5. J.P. Morgan Chase & Co
8. Apple

Most valuable =/= most profitable.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottdec...is-now-on-top/
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:48 PM #959
Smart Parts Player12

Quote:
were in a recession and all luxury car sales are down, even if they make a "*****in car" doesnt mean they are going to sell. And as of bmw they are not all that great, my dad had an x5 for a month until he got rid of it. quite frankly bmw blows dick, the 3 series is a POS, only bmw i would ever own is an x6 or 7 series, and i would rather opt for an S class over a 7.

your a complete idiot if you think just because a company owns a cool product its automatically successful. It is indeed a fact that apple is the most valuable company, sees insane growth rates, sells amazing products that competition cant produce. everything you said was honestly just retarded. you edited your post to try and disprove my point to you that i was disproving you... while infact you did not disprove my point and just made an uneducated reply thinking you disproved me. your slandering apple acting like it isnt a powerhouse, in march they had 100 billion in the bank, and profited 16 billion last quarter. PROFITED 16 BILLION.

apple can literally buy countries and rename it to apple...

as for apple not being the most profitable company...

-http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/08/21/718851/apple-most-valuable-dodge-taxes/?mobile=nc

-http://money.cnn.com/2012/08/20/technology/apple-most-valuable-company/index.html

-http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/comment/2012/03/apple-dividend-tim-cook.html
Thank you for proving to me that you know as much about the market as does my little brother (I don't have a little brother). Having the biggest market cap doesn't mean you are the most profitable you idiot.

I have never slandered Apple, it's a great company. All I am saying is don't expect these kinds of returns each and every quarter.

Luckily for us we have Gordon Gekko here gracing us with his presence. Everyone take notes from the kid who isn't old enough to have a brokerage account.

Here's a basic lesson from Benjamin Graham, if everyone is getting on the "next big thing", you're too late.

Last edited by Smart Parts Player12 : 10-17-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:51 PM #960
Pyrosive
Jacked

Pyrosive helped look for balloons
Loling hard over here at the kids in this thread that think they have everything figured out. Also loving SPP's responses
Old 10-17-2012, 02:56 PM #961
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

Paintnoob13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I have no words for this
Old 10-17-2012, 03:00 PM #962
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ]TSS[ Dake View Post
I really rustled reddit's jimmies by pointing out their hypocrisy and lack of testicular fortitude.
Reddit is so annoying anymore. Bunch of liberally biased pushovers, zero logic. It's like a forum full of hormonal women.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:30 PM #963
YoungGunner55

not old enough for a brokerage account but i do have a premier platinum account (minimum of 75k needed to open one) and your analogy on bmw was honestly so awful that anything you say, no matter how good, just does not have credibility.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:13 PM #964
paintballh00dlum
lightweight

I'm currently using that muscle meds carnivore protein ****, anyone try it? (yes i know its a big marketing thing with the whole kai greene and whatever) It doesnt bloat me at all compared to whey, which bloats me if I use a decent amount. As of now I dont plan on buying anything else because it is treating my digestive system so well. I just made a postworkout shake consisting of:
2 cups lactaid
2 scoops carnivore (fruit punch flavor)
cup blueberries
half cup oats

sweet jesus this is the best shake i have ever made in my entire life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ]TSS[ Dake View Post
So many ******s on reddit, it reminds me of bodybuilding.com. Its like a damn popularity contest. The only thing worse is the Tosh.0 blog where people try hard as **** to get the top comment. I can imagine how easy it would be to troll and piss those people off, and with your above average intelligence/wit im assuming you could do it extremely easy.

edit: link?

Last edited by paintballh00dlum : 10-17-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:22 PM #965
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

What is the lactaid?

"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Old 10-17-2012, 04:23 PM #966
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

has been a member for 10 years
http://www.reddit.com/r/atheism/comm...tore_a/c6noppf they real mad

Bats make the world a better place. To find out how and sponsor them, click here.
Closed Thread