Originally Posted by Weng View Post
What are you majoring in?
marketing w/ a minor in pr
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-09-2012, 07:04 PM #695
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

If math didn't exist I would be so happy. I'm not even motivated when it comes to trying to learn it. Pretty much any other subject I at least really WANT to learn about it, but mathematics...**** it. Geometry was the last math class I liked.
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:19 PM #696
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same

I've always been pretty good at math, but never liked it. Was always in advanced math classes in high school, but never had a foreseen practical purpose or use for it outside of the classroom, so I only took 1 math class in college. I'm actually taking an online harvard made class now with algebra, stats, and calc, and holy **** it's a pain to relearn everything, especially online. I can't wait to start the stats portion though. Killed that ish in highschool w/o ever studying. Hope it's as easy for me this time around.

Why are you so gun-ho about a major in math pelt?

Poor man, living a rich life
"Lay your facts by the side of every-day practices of this nation and you will say with me that, for revolting barbarity and shameless hypocrisy, America reigns without a rival." -Frederick Douglass
Old 10-09-2012, 07:33 PM #697
tanner202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelto123 View Post
Don't take this as a personal insult, but I know a lot more about statistics and probability than you. Especially probabilities dealing with myself. Though, and again don't this as a personal insult, but you seem to lack reading comprehension faculties as that was a statement about people going to graduate school in general, not myself.

Though for your information, I have already scored in the 98th percentile on an LSAT (strictly timed) and that was on my 9th LSAT. I plan to take the other 41 LSAT's that I have on my computer. After that I also plan to start recycling old ones before I even consider paying the $160 to take the exam.
Dont get so defensive man. Youre a smart guy, listen to viewpoints other than your own and I think you will only continue to help yourself.

Congrats on the practice score. You dont have to validate yourself, I'm just making some general statements that 99/100 people will fall short of the bar youve set. Point Im trying to make is not to discredit those scoring in the 90th percentile or something similar. Plenty of variables can change anyone's score on any particular test and you can't consider someone a complete failure off of one observation.

"Originally posted by pillowpants: i dont know how to decipher this chart, then again, i do go to a community college."
"Originally posted by Mr.AmaZiN: did you just use an apostrophe for want?"
"Originally posted by pb123456789: Or call her a **** and proceed to textrape her."
"Originally posted by dualimpact: They haven't walked in on me but they know, I'm a screamer."
Old 10-09-2012, 07:42 PM #698
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Nobody outside the 99th percentile has ever gone on to graduate school.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:44 PM #699
Pelto123
Cell Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Familiar View Post

Why are you so gun-ho about a major in math pelt?
Because I truly enjoy math. I cannot even begin to put into words how Calc II makes me feel. Feelsbad that it took so long to discover my true passion in life. But I don't to sit around and twiddle my thumbs while looking demotivated. MIT open courseware has plenty of resources.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner202 View Post
Dont get so defensive man. Youre a smart guy, listen to viewpoints other than your own and I think you will only continue to help yourself.

Congrats on the practice score. You dont have to validate yourself, I'm just making some general statements that 99/100 people will fall short of the bar youve set. Point Im trying to make is not to discredit those scoring in the 90th percentile or something similar. Plenty of variables can change anyone's score on any particular test and you can't consider someone a complete failure off of one observation.
Yes I can, confidence is in preparation.

If you prepped enough, then you would know if you did bad and just cancel and try again later.

What kind of viewpoint is: "Oh I doubt you can score in the 99th %ile"? Okay, sweet viewpoint let me listen to that real quick. Kidding, that is not a viewpoint. Maybe you should listen to my viewpoint. That is, if you can't ever bother to sufficiently prepare for an admissions test, then you should not even bother to fill out an admissions application.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_angus View Post
Nobody outside the 99th percentile has ever gone on to graduate school.
Sadly they have, which is part of the reason why we have jobless losers with PhD's, JD's and MBA's. And yes I know you were being sarcastic.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:48 PM #700
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

has been a member for 10 years
I cannot stop itching. Brb, burning all my flesh off.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:52 PM #701
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

So if somebody scores in the 98th percentile, they might as well give up on their hopes and dreams? A test score and a GPA are the only indicators of successful employment? C'mon man. I get the concept of what you're laying down, but I think you are going way too far.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:59 PM #702
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same

Pelt is the 1%. Get him.

Poor man, living a rich life
"Lay your facts by the side of every-day practices of this nation and you will say with me that, for revolting barbarity and shameless hypocrisy, America reigns without a rival." -Frederick Douglass
Old 10-09-2012, 08:02 PM #703
CobraXX
Klasic

babyslayer on that lemur time?
"Basically just take control of your life man and transcend your environment. Realize there is no need to be bored when there is nearly an infinite amount of mysteries yet to be discovered in our universe. Even closer to infinite is the things you have yet to learn in life, that you could be learning everyday. Don't take any second of your life for granted man."
Old 10-09-2012, 08:33 PM #704
tanner202

Quote:
So if somebody scores in the 98th percentile, they might as well give up on their hopes and dreams? A test score and a GPA are the only indicators of successful employment? C'mon man. I get the concept of what you're laying down, but I think you are going way too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Familiar View Post
Pelt is the 1%. Get him.
This is what I was getting at

Quote:
That is, if you can't ever bother to sufficiently prepare for an admissions test, then you should not even bother to fill out an admissions application.
Fair enough

"Originally posted by pillowpants: i dont know how to decipher this chart, then again, i do go to a community college."
"Originally posted by Mr.AmaZiN: did you just use an apostrophe for want?"
"Originally posted by pb123456789: Or call her a **** and proceed to textrape her."
"Originally posted by dualimpact: They haven't walked in on me but they know, I'm a screamer."
Old 10-09-2012, 08:35 PM #705
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Jason Pegg liked a comment I made on Facebook. My e-validation is rising.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:58 PM #706
iizmatts
Me Gusta

iizmatts plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraXX View Post

babyslayer on that lemur time?
i feel bad, that dude fills so many stereotypes, and is ugly as sin.

Can't even imagine the hambeasts he ****s
Old 10-09-2012, 09:58 PM #707
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
I mean, LEMUR was born of looking at ALL programs that produce excellent results, and finding the commonalities. It's not surprising that babyslayer's routine ends up looking similar, since he is getting really good results.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:01 PM #708
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

Quote:
Originally Posted by iizmatts View Post
i feel bad, that dude fills so many stereotypes, and is ugly as sin.

Can't even imagine the hambeasts he ****s
She's quite the specimen

Mattz you were correct, playing lock will **** my ears, our hooker likes to twist his hips to hook so it's quite the head grind

Bats make the world a better place. To find out how and sponsor them, click here.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:15 PM #709
Pelto123
Cell Technician

Quote:
A test score and a GPA are the only indicators of successful employment?
Where did I talk about employment?

I am saying for instance who is more likely to excel in law school? The kid with a 162 on his lsat and a 3.3 college gpa, who is having his tuition entirely financed by his family or student loans? Or the kid who got a 178 on his lsat and a 3.6 gpa?

Yes it is true the test scores and undergraduate gpa don't determine employment when someone has a graduate degree. Though you can bet your *** that someone who finished in the top 5 of their class at a top tier law school is going to get hired by a law firm. If you want to argue that, then provide evidence or else we are just talking bull****. All I know are the stories from my dad and stepmom, JD's who graduated 2nd and 3rd in their classes from top tier law schools.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:19 PM #710
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Employment is the ultimate goal, so I went ahead and skipped a step or two.

Let me ask you this: With your standards so high for graduate school entrance, what about for undergrad programs?
Old 10-09-2012, 10:25 PM #711
Pelto123
Cell Technician

I recognized your utilization of a straw man argument.

Yeah, I guess I am not even sure why I responded if you are just going to distort my argument and essentially attack a completely different position.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:40 PM #712
CobraXX
Klasic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
I mean, LEMUR was born of looking at ALL programs that produce excellent results, and finding the commonalities. It's not surprising that babyslayer's routine ends up looking similar, since he is getting really good results.
I just thought it was funny how he implements the same theory, given more volume on the heavy sets vs a pre activation (or is it scientifically called post activation?). I also find it a bit comical how each program works well on their own, but even better when implemented all together.
"Basically just take control of your life man and transcend your environment. Realize there is no need to be bored when there is nearly an infinite amount of mysteries yet to be discovered in our universe. Even closer to infinite is the things you have yet to learn in life, that you could be learning everyday. Don't take any second of your life for granted man."
Old 10-09-2012, 11:00 PM #713
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Quote:
I recognized your utilization of a straw man argument.

Yeah, I guess I am not even sure why I responded if you are just going to distort my argument and essentially attack a completely different position.
Yes, that's definitely what I was doing. I surely couldn't have been trying to expand the discussion and get your opinion on another, similar subject.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:53 PM #714
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

I want to shave so badly. The threats of the other lads on the team to sharpie it back onto me while I sleep is the only thing making my beard last until I start.

Bats make the world a better place. To find out how and sponsor them, click here.
Closed Thread