robert paulson

cynicalrider owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cynicalrider owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
cynicalrider is for the Gunfight
cynicalrider supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_Taco View Post
BRB, Graduated.
This. And I'll hopefully never have to go back.

Truthfully getting my Bachelor's felt like a waste of time and money for me. It may help me in the future when it comes to promotions but most of where I have gotten in my career has been based off work experience and not my degree. I also took an alternative route and took an 18 month associates program and started in my career at 19. After being stuck in a ****ty company for ****ty pay (but got a **** load of experience and rose to the top position in that company very quickly) I decided to go back for my bachelors online while working full time. From there I just jumped companies and positions till I made substantially more and now work for a great company. Thing is I landed the job here before I graduated and it was all based on my work experience, not my schooling. I guess my point is no matter what direction you go in for work or school, just go in the direction that works best for you and what you want. As long as your happy with where you get, the path doesn't matter that much.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"

ST:A - Not your Myspace Blog.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:21 AM #675
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

has been a member for 10 years
May even look into getting a NASM - CPT.

Massive Edit:

Not worth investing in stocks with my current cash. Going to go into mutuals instead.

Last edited by Death_Taco : 10-09-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:10 AM #676
FHS JewFro
black AND white

pffft, who needs a college degree when i can sling dope and make millions in straight cash homie

:doievenneedadodgy:
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: You guys are ridiculous, haha. Thanks though, just tryna look like a shaved ape. And the half foot of height Lurk has in me will always make my physique less impressive :tup:"

"Originally posted by WorldStrike: Drop the ego. The weights on the bar will lie to you, the mirror never will."
Old 10-09-2012, 11:20 AM #677
Hawke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelto123 View Post
Umm no, I was actually being dead ****ing serious. If you can't score well on those then you have no business in grad school. For people that have the potential to score like that it will take hundreds of hours of prep (hundreds of minutes if you're Lurker), but it will be time well spent.
Couldn't agree more. If you're going to take the test, why the **** wouldn't you study to get a perfect score? Settling for less is just sad.

I don't know how people could not like school. You have virtually unlimited access to so many resources. You can pick to study anything you want and can still learn about other things on the side. And if you don't enjoy learning or improving, have fun with your stagnant life.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:39 PM #678
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

Anyone here have anything in Mutuals/ETFs?

If so, how're they doing and are you using an investment firm (vanguard, etc).
Old 10-09-2012, 01:41 PM #679
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ]TSS[ Dake View Post
That eez correct

And even then you only get it if you're high enough in rank to live off base
Yeah, I just got that cleared up with my recruiter today. Le sigh.

In related news, I should be able to get the exact MOS I want, right here in Iowa City. **** yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyfreak15(2) View Post
One of my best friends who happens to be a chick goes to school in IC. If I'm ever in the area I'll shoot you a message, would be cool to get a workout in.
Yeah I probly banged her. What's her name?
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:12 PM #680
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsilman View Post
I got a degree in philosophy. I'll stand aside as you all whip out your dicks.
...are you the biscuit?

Bats make the world a better place. To find out how and sponsor them, click here.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:14 PM #681
tanner202

Realized I only need 33 more credit hours for my B.S. Feel like I blinked and I'm almost done with college. I'm gonna take 12-13 hours from here on out and plan on devoting a lot more time in lab so I can hopefully co-author a paper before applying to med/grad school. Stoked for more of my upper level classes as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawke View Post
Couldn't agree more. If you're going to take the test, why the **** wouldn't you study to get a perfect score? Settling for less is just sad.
It's not all about time spent studying. Chances are, there are going to be at least 2-3 people out of 100 that are smarter than you and will score better than you no matter how much time you put in.

Quote:
Umm no, I was actually being dead ****ing serious. If you can't score well on those then you have no business in grad school. For people that have the potential to score like that it will take hundreds of hours of prep (hundreds of minutes if you're Lurker), but it will be time well spent.
Dont take this as a personal insult, but the odds are VERY heavily stacked against you and, if I was a betting man, I would put money down that you don't score in the 99th percentile. My reply to Hawke applies here as well. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for working your *** off, but realistically its not likely to score that high and you shouldn't consider yourself a failure for not reaching the 99th percentile. For the work ethic and striving for great heights though

"Originally posted by pillowpants: i dont know how to decipher this chart, then again, i do go to a community college."
"Originally posted by Mr.AmaZiN: did you just use an apostrophe for want?"
"Originally posted by pb123456789: Or call her a **** and proceed to textrape her."
"Originally posted by dualimpact: They haven't walked in on me but they know, I'm a screamer."

Last edited by tanner202 : 10-09-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:18 PM #682
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

http://rugbymag.com/news/colleges/co...-on-three.html

oh CWU

Bats make the world a better place. To find out how and sponsor them, click here.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:31 PM #683
Weng

Quote:
Originally Posted by ]TSS[ Dake View Post
When you playing wsu?
Old 10-09-2012, 02:38 PM #684
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

Not sure. You guys are Div 1-AA (or maybe div 2?) and out b-side schedule isn't out yet.

Old 10-09-2012, 04:17 PM #685
Smart Parts Player12

Quote:
Anyone here have anything in Mutuals/ETFs?

If so, how're they doing and are you using an investment firm (vanguard, etc).
Really can't go wrong with the plethora of funds that vanguard has. Most of the mutual funds have extremely low minimums too.

Trying to take a class that focuses on derivatives next semester, hoping that they let me.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:19 PM #686
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

Thanks brah, heard good things about SPY.

Norton vs. Berkhan FIGHT!

https://twitter.com/Martinberkhan

Last edited by Death_Taco : 10-09-2012 at 04:28 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:33 PM #687
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

Old 10-09-2012, 04:33 PM #688
Smart Parts Player12

VTSMX for instance.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:10 PM #689
Pelto123
Cell Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner202 View Post
Dont take this as a personal insult, but the odds are VERY heavily stacked against you and, if I was a betting man, I would put money down that you don't score in the 99th percentile. My reply to Hawke applies here as well. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for working your *** off, but realistically its not likely to score that high and you shouldn't consider yourself a failure for not reaching the 99th percentile. For the work ethic and striving for great heights though
Don't take this as a personal insult, but I know a lot more about statistics and probability than you. Especially probabilities dealing with myself. Though, and again don't this as a personal insult, but you seem to lack reading comprehension faculties as that was a statement about people going to graduate school in general, not myself.

Though for your information, I have already scored in the 98th percentile on an LSAT (strictly timed) and that was on my 9th LSAT. I plan to take the other 41 LSAT's that I have on my computer. After that I also plan to start recycling old ones before I even consider paying the $160 to take the exam.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:35 PM #690
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

Paintnoob13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Thanks brah, heard good things about SPY.

Norton vs. Berkhan FIGHT!

https://twitter.com/Martinberkhan
I don't think there is a worse format for trying to follow a conversation than Twitter.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:37 PM #691
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same

Quote:
Don't take this as a personal insult, but I know a lot more about statistics and probability than you. Especially probabilities dealing with myself. Though, and again don't this as a personal insult, but you seem to lack reading comprehension faculties as that was a statement about people going to graduate school in general, not myself.

Though for your information, I have already scored in the 98th percentile on an LSAT (strictly timed) and that was on my 9th LSAT. I plan to take the other 41 LSAT's that I have on my computer. After that I also plan to start recycling old ones before I even consider paying the $160 to take the exam.
What did you score in on your first LSAT?

Poor man, living a rich life
"Lay your facts by the side of every-day practices of this nation and you will say with me that, for revolting barbarity and shameless hypocrisy, America reigns without a rival." -Frederick Douglass
Old 10-09-2012, 05:40 PM #692
CobraXX
Klasic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintnoob13 View Post
I don't think there is a worse format for trying to follow a conversation than Twitter.
Reddit
"Basically just take control of your life man and transcend your environment. Realize there is no need to be bored when there is nearly an infinite amount of mysteries yet to be discovered in our universe. Even closer to infinite is the things you have yet to learn in life, that you could be learning everyday. Don't take any second of your life for granted man."
Old 10-09-2012, 06:03 PM #693
Pelto123
Cell Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Familiar View Post
What did you score in on your first LSAT?
I did not start timing the exams until my third which IIRC I got a 164 on.

I admittedly regret my entire college career. I would trade anything to be a mathematics major. Heck I would trade in all my assets and equitable interests to be in nothing but math courses right now. Audit, accounting and IM macro (if it were micro it would be another story) piss me off.
Closed Thread