PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 10:19 AM #421
CobraXX
Klasic

The app sleep cycle on my iPhone is one of the best apps I've ever purchased. Always wake up refreshed and it detects movement so I can see at what times I was up moving around and it compares it to other nights.
"Basically just take control of your life man and transcend your environment. Realize there is no need to be bored when there is nearly an infinite amount of mysteries yet to be discovered in our universe. Even closer to infinite is the things you have yet to learn in life, that you could be learning everyday. Don't take any second of your life for granted man."
Old 09-27-2012, 01:17 PM #422
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

Old 09-27-2012, 01:58 PM #423
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

has been a member for 10 years
me lately

Bats make the world a better place. To find out how and sponsor them, click here.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:05 PM #424
damico

damico is a Supporting Member
damico plays in the PSP
damico owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
damico plays in the APPA D4 division
any of you bros have/had taken decision science and is willing to help a bro out? Haven't had a math class in 2 years and i'm completely lost. pretty sure I just got a 0/10 on a quiz today. Fuark i'm so behind; I didnt get the book until 3 weeks into the semester and this has screwed me over greatly. will rep for help.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:02 PM #425
Pelto123
Cell Technician

Handed in my problem set for the week in person to my Calc II prof today. Told him about my "embarrassing mistake" and also questioned him about the problem I did not get to. I memorized it correctly and both of my distinctly different methods for solving it were correct. Though when I brought that up he noted that we only had to do 2 of the final 3 problems. Feels bad because I did not even realize that. If I did I would have skipped the arc length problem and just done the other two instead. Would have saved time and likely gotten back to correcting the other problem.

I guess I feel better knowing that problem won't count in the sense that I know I will likely make at worst a B+ where yesterday I thought even a B- was a possibility. Though it really sucks knowing that my failure to identify with the directions of the exam was one of the big causes for me not getting a 100.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:49 PM #426
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Decided to dirty bulk till I get to 220 and cut, I can't handle all this eating for much longer

5000 On
4700 Off

"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Old 09-27-2012, 07:00 PM #427
hsilman
Disgustipated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelto123 View Post
Handed in my problem set for the week in person to my Calc II prof today. Told him about my "embarrassing mistake" and also questioned him about the problem I did not get to. I memorized it correctly and both of my distinctly different methods for solving it were correct. Though when I brought that up he noted that we only had to do 2 of the final 3 problems. Feels bad because I did not even realize that. If I did I would have skipped the arc length problem and just done the other two instead. Would have saved time and likely gotten back to correcting the other problem.

I guess I feel better knowing that problem won't count in the sense that I know I will likely make at worst a B+ where yesterday I thought even a B- was a possibility. Though it really sucks knowing that my failure to identify with the directions of the exam was one of the big causes for me not getting a 100.
serious derp moment right there, dude.

We've all had them though, got to brush it off and move on to the next thing(I know you know, just saying). Hopefully, it will serve as reminder to double check the instructions before you start, definitely something I've messed up in the past personally.

I'm finding it hard to concentrate for more than an hour at a time on the same subject. Unfortunately, I have no "deadlines" currently, so it's even more difficult to pressure myself into continuing. I guess it's better to try and develop these skills myself beforehand, so I'll be able to rely on them when it really matters.

back to factoring rational expressions. Almost done the preliminary algebra section!
Old 09-27-2012, 07:02 PM #428
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

I completely forgot to grab a take home quiz for one of my classes on Tuesday. And then I forgot to email the professor to ask for a digital copy on Wednesday. It was due today. Le sigh.
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:03 PM #429
Hawke

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsilman View Post
I'm finding it hard to concentrate for more than an hour at a time on the same subject. Unfortunately, I have no "deadlines" currently, so it's even more difficult to pressure myself into continuing. I guess it's better to try and develop these skills myself beforehand, so I'll be able to rely on them when it really matters.

back to factoring rational expressions. Almost done the preliminary algebra section!
I mentioned it a page back, but you could consider doing timed example problems. It's helped my concentration and time management considerably.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:11 PM #430
hsilman
Disgustipated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawke View Post
I mentioned it a page back, but you could consider doing timed example problems. It's helped my concentration and time management considerably.
once the problem I'm working on is more complicated than "factor 3x^5+2x^2+12", I'll look into it lol

any resources online for such things other than paul's notes and khan academy?
Old 09-27-2012, 07:16 PM #431
Hawke

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsilman View Post
once the problem I'm working on is more complicated than "factor 3x^5+2x^2+12", I'll look into it lol

any resources online for such things other than paul's notes and khan academy?
Perhaps MIT Opencourseware if you can find something applicable.

http://ocw.mit.edu/index.htm

You could try to download textbooks with the answer manual included. I personally learn best when I have the ability to study the answer and learn from it's method (as opposed to grinding out problems at the start or reading about it).
Old 09-27-2012, 10:25 PM #432
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:30 PM #433
Pelto123
Cell Technician

Bish has razor, when was that photo taken? 1856?
Old 09-27-2012, 10:47 PM #434
paintballh00dlum
lightweight

paintballh00dlum has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
we need to create robot pelto memes

post picture of ***

pelto looks at type of phone
Old 09-28-2012, 12:04 AM #435
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

has been a member for 10 years
The things we come to treasure are so strange

I'll likely be cuddling my new pair of boots tonight

Bats make the world a better place. To find out how and sponsor them, click here.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:38 AM #436
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

I've become an *** man lately. I used to be all about teh bewbs, but now all I want in a woman is a volleyball player quality ***, and a lovely set of hamstrings.
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:38 AM #437
solrflare

Annual Supporting Member
solrflare is a Supporting Member
solrflare donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_angus View Post
I've become an *** man lately. I used to be all about teh bewbs, but now all I want in a woman is a volleyball player quality ***, and a lovely set of hamstrings.
qft
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Emerson
The AR is like a prom queen. The AK is like a biker chick. Treat both accordingly.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:20 AM #438
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same

face above all (except overall body). I hate it when you see a fat girl with a cute/pretty face.

Poor man, living a rich life
"Lay your facts by the side of every-day practices of this nation and you will say with me that, for revolting barbarity and shameless hypocrisy, America reigns without a rival." -Frederick Douglass
Old 09-28-2012, 08:55 AM #439
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

1. Healthy/Fit
2. Face
2.5. Personality
3. ***/Legs
4. Bewbz

My reasoning is that you can always improve a body.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:18 AM #440
paintballh00dlum
lightweight

paintballh00dlum has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i like her to have a good bulge in front but thats just me
Old 09-28-2012, 10:01 AM #441
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

So you like Japanese girls?