PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-10-2012, 04:55 PM #43
bonusball024

bonusball024 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Here is a picture of the box

If it turns out ANS re-anno'd the marker and marketed it as an original STD color... I will be taking this up with them, however I do not believe that is the case.

Thanks NickyT I'll shoot you the email

and NO! I missed nothing... Thanks for trying to help but not every Ego 11 on ANSgear's site has this description. On the STD color's there is no *NOTE* or Disclaimer saying it had been reannodized.. On the Hunter scheme (which is what I have) that description is not there...

Quote:
As far as the anno goes, i guess you missed this massive red disclaimer on the page when you clicked add to cart.

***NOTE*** Please note that various parts of this paintball marker have been re anodized by ANS Xtreme Performance. Whilst the marker is factory specification, it must be noted that the marker parts that have been re anodised are then re-assembled by ANS Xtreme Performance, and not the manufacturer of the marker. All technical issues have to be referred to ANSgear.com. FULL WARRANTY APPLIES ***NOTE***

http://www.ansgear.com/Planet_Eclips...llgunblksa.htm

That means your gun was disassembled, blasted, reannoed, then reassembled before it was shipped to you. Any number of things could have happened in that time.

Last edited by bonusball024 : 09-10-2012 at 05:06 PM.
bonusball024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-10-2012, 05:15 PM #44
JoshC90

JoshC90 supports Team VICIOUS
Dude seriously have you never heard of a lemon? Just because one 11 ego had a bad noid or board or w/e. How many other people do you see with this issue? Its under warranty, they will take care of you. Grow up, nothing mass produced has 100% perfect outcome.

Texas Storm G6R - Ripper Victory - DM9
Support American Made
JoshC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:24 PM #45
bonusball024

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC90 View Post
Dude seriously have you never heard of a lemon? Just because one 11 ego had a bad noid or board or w/e. How many other people do you see with this issue? Its under warranty, they will take care of you. Grow up, nothing mass produced has 100% perfect outcome.
If you're satisfied with less than perfection it's your own problem, I'm a paying customer I'm allowed to be picky when spending the amount of money these things cost. And seriously? Telling people to Grow up on the internet like you're somebody who has the authority to do so? Get a life..

Old 09-10-2012, 05:31 PM #46
Invert O.G
Total Eclipse

Annual Supporting Member
Invert O.G plays in the PSP
Invert O.G supports Team VICIOUS
Invert O.G plays in the APPA D4 division
Invert O.G supports Empire
Does the serial number of the gun match the one on the box.......
Old 09-10-2012, 05:32 PM #47
bonusball024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invert O.G View Post
Yes it does.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:27 PM #48
Vicious49
Excelsior!

Annual Supporting Member
Vicious49 plays in the USPL
Vicious49 plays in the PSP
Vicious49 owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
Vicious49 supports Pev's Paintball
Vicious49 plays in the APPA D4 division
Vicious49 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
It's been re-annod. Even 1 of 1 custom annos and unreleased prototypes don't leave PE without a printed label.

The best upgrade for your Ego is a new owner.
Vicious49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:35 PM #49
Invert O.G
Total Eclipse

Annual Supporting Member
Pic of the gun it self if possible I'd like to see the gun/color
Old 09-10-2012, 06:44 PM #50
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonusball024 View Post
If you're satisfied with less than perfection it's your own problem, I'm a paying customer I'm allowed to be picky when spending the amount of money these things cost. And seriously? Telling people to Grow up on the internet like you're somebody who has the authority to do so? Get a life..
What he is saying, and perhaps it could have been phrased better, is that regardless of the cost, in any industry, there are going to be manufacturing defects. It completely inescapable. How much you pay doesn't even matter. Since we, humans, aren't perfect then neither will our creations be.

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:57 PM #51
JoshC90

JoshC90 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post
What he is saying, and perhaps it could have been phrased better, is that regardless of the cost, in any industry, there are going to be manufacturing defects. It completely inescapable. How much you pay doesn't even matter. Since we, humans, aren't perfect then neither will our creations be.
Exactly, im not saying its okay or that it should shoot anything less then perfect. But they cant make every single gun perfect every time, mistakes happen. So yes grow up, stop crying call the company and handle it like a man. Im sure they will take great care of you, but i do agree its a crappy situation.

Texas Storm G6R - Ripper Victory - DM9
Support American Made
JoshC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:01 PM #52
bonusball024

Vicious did you see the picture of the gun box? It looks like that's the right label.. if not like I said I'll be having a very nice convo with ANS

Yes, I know mistakes do happen, and if they were minor problems I wouldn't worry about it. But the product I own I do not feel matches up to the standards of what a new product should, if you look out other items in other industries there isn't just 'warranty' for all of these problems.. there is bring it in and we'll work on getting you a new one. You think if you brought home a new TV, Automobile, Computer, gaming console... you name it and it stops working they'll so "oh lets take that from you and fix it while you do without and we'll get it back to you when it's working''... no.. If the product you receive has those kinda flaws you can get it returned for a working product. Now if I had my gun for 6 months and had been using it continuously it would have been a different story.

You guys are ridiculous, PE does not need you guys to defend them. They will prove to me if they are a company worthwhile and Jack and NickyT are doing that.. Sheesh if this was something SP had put out and an Ion or a Shocker broke in a week everyone on the nation would have been talking up the fact that they guns are crap and that poor soul who's out a new gun needs to switch to a company whose gear doesn't break like PE

Last edited by bonusball024 : 09-10-2012 at 07:10 PM.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:33 PM #53
MikeBuckler
MBYF

Annual Supporting Member
MikeBuckler owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
MikeBuckler has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
MikeBuckler supports DLX Technology
MikeBuckler owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Is this what your hunter looks like? I have noticed the controversy with some hunters looking black/orange and some brown/orange

Are you Canadian?
www.PB-Canada.com
Support it, help it grow!
MikeBuckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:45 PM #54
Invert O.G
Total Eclipse

Annual Supporting Member
The label on the box is right except for the part with the hand writing on it the word hunter should be printed just like the rest of the label
Old 09-10-2012, 08:08 PM #55
Vicious49
Excelsior!

Annual Supporting Member
Vicious49 plays in the USPL
Vicious49 plays in the PSP
Vicious49 owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
Vicious49 supports Pev's Paintball
Vicious49 plays in the APPA D4 division
Vicious49 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Vicious did you see the picture of the gun box? It looks like that's the right label.. if not like I said I'll be having a very nice convo with ANS
I did. Which is why I responded with what I did. That is not how it leaves the factory. They either re'annod it or did a parts swap.

Why do you keep thinking no one is reading before responding? I'll be honest and say I've skipped the 1000 word posts you made earlier in this thread, but a pic is hard to miss.

The best upgrade for your Ego is a new owner.
Vicious49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:09 PM #56
jdmpurest
Eat ****, Die Slow

jdmpurest owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jdmpurest has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jdmpurest has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06

Yea but when you buy a factory anno gun from PE with an anno defect they will fix it as fast as humanly possible.
Flex Owners Club #150

ehh

"Wool owns. In the Finnish military we had a sweater of wool we called Pillu. It means *ussy because no matter how wet it got, it was always warming"
jdmpurest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:16 PM #57
bonusball024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
I did. Which is why I responded with what I did. That is not how it leaves the factory. They either re'annod it or did a parts swap.

Why do you keep thinking no one is reading before responding? I'll be honest and say I've skipped the 1000 word posts you made earlier in this thread, but a pic is hard to miss.
no no, it's just you said 'a printed label' and I thought you were talking about the label as a whole as opposed to the portion where they wrote it down... my B for mis reading ya

that's the right color to the other guy, there is a dot on the regulator cover that is the issue with the anno

Old 09-10-2012, 08:45 PM #58
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:

Yes, I know mistakes do happen, and if they were minor problems I wouldn't worry about it. But the product I own I do not feel matches up to the standards of what a new product should, if you look out other items in other industries there isn't just 'warranty' for all of these problems.. there is bring it in and we'll work on getting you a new one. You think if you brought home a new TV, Automobile, Computer, gaming console... you name it and it stops working they'll so "oh lets take that from you and fix it while you do without and we'll get it back to you when it's working''... no.. If the product you receive has those kinda flaws you can get it returned for a working product. Now if I had my gun for 6 months and had been using it continuously it would have been a different story.

You guys are ridiculous, PE does not need you guys to defend them. They will prove to me if they are a company worthwhile and Jack and NickyT are doing that.. Sheesh if this was something SP had put out and an Ion or a Shocker broke in a week everyone on the nation would have been talking up the fact that they guns are crap and that poor soul who's out a new gun needs to switch to a company whose gear doesn't break like PE
Truth is what you are saying happens with every company. If you posted this in a non-PE thread you would certainly get people telling you to switch to another company. But as you posted this here of course people are going to defend the company instead of allow you to bash it. The same thing goes for any other company in there marker section.

Now as for your example of products breaking and companies supplying you with a replacement you are being a bit extra there. If you buy a paintball marker from ANS (any marker) you can return it to ANS. They will charge you a restocking fee but you can return it. Expecting the manufacturing company to give you a NEW marker is a bit ridiculous. No company does that. If I by a new Samsung tv from Best Buy I can bring it back to the store I bought it from to return or exchange. I can't send it back to Samsung to exchange. I can only for do it for warranty (repair). And in the meantime I would be without a tv. Same thing for computers, video gaming systems (save for microsoft which had no choice).

But it seems that the biggest problem you are missing. You are blaming the manufacturer and not the supplier. You want PE to give you a new marker and blame them for the problem but completely skipped over the supplier you bought it from. I wonder if you have even bothered to call up ANS and ask them for a replacement?

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:25 PM #59
bonusball024

You're correct, I do need to be working with ANSgear on the problem and after getting a reply from NickyT I will be working on that.

I never said I was dissatisfied with Jack or Nicky I did say in my first post that they have been great. I mentioned I was not satisfied with the performance of my marker nor the PE representatives I spoke with in RI as well as the over all experience I've had with my Ego.

Last edited by bonusball024 : 09-10-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:41 PM #60
tniz

tniz owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
tniz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tniz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tniz plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky T View Post
If a customer has an issue then we make it our business

Nicky T
This is why I came back to Planet Eclipse...

I'm glad to hear that they are getting your sorted out. Best of luck with the marker man. Once they get it fixed up, you'll never want to put it down.

If you're an "everything happens for a reason" type of guy... consider this some type to stock pile a little cash for all the extra paint you'll be shooting.

Do you have a custom milled '06 Pevs EGO with a Gruntbull Urban Digi-Camo Ano???
Do you know anyone with a custom milled '06 Pevs EGO with a Gruntbull Urban Digi-Camo Ano???
If so, PM me, would like to buy it back
tniz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:53 PM #61
bonusball024

^^

Thanks

Old 09-11-2012, 01:51 AM #62
Nicky T
Eclipse Customer Service

Annual Supporting Member
Nicky T works for a Paintball manufacturer
Nicky T owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Nicky T plays in the APPA D5 division
Nicky T has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invert O.G View Post
Quote:
Yes it does.
I can confirm that the Ego11 with that serial number left the factory as a Hunter.....

Nicky T

If you have an Iphone, Ipad or Itouch then you need to treat yourself to an awesome app called Field Designer. You can purchase it directly through the iTunes App Store by following this link: Buy Field Designer NOW! or on the Android store HERE!

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/NickyTruter
Nicky T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:55 AM #63
Nicky T
Eclipse Customer Service

Annual Supporting Member
Nicky T works for a Paintball manufacturer
Nicky T owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Nicky T plays in the APPA D5 division
Nicky T has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
You're correct, I do need to be working with ANSgear on the problem and after getting a reply from NickyT I will be working on that.

I never said I was dissatisfied with Jack or Nicky I did say in my first post that they have been great. I mentioned I was not satisfied with the performance of my marker nor the PE representatives I spoke with in RI as well as the over all experience I've had with my Ego.
Morning,

Got your mail - thank you for that.

You will receive a reply and a plan of action today

Nicky T

If you have an Iphone, Ipad or Itouch then you need to treat yourself to an awesome app called Field Designer. You can purchase it directly through the iTunes App Store by following this link: Buy Field Designer NOW! or on the Android store HERE!

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/NickyTruter
Nicky T is offline   Reply With Quote