Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-08-2012, 09:21 PM #22
bonusball024

bonusball024 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I maybe wrong but I think dye does their own Anos I think PE does as well at least they did with the aurora. I'm fairly certain it is an original eclipse because the PE tech I called on the east coast failed to say otherwise. And I had no clue ANS was sketchy I have been over seas for a while and since action village is no longer around I started ordering from ANS... I will no longer be ordering from them.

Advertisement
Old 09-08-2012, 09:34 PM #23
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Do a search on here. You will see PLENTY of people complaining about problems dealing with ANS.
As for ano, perhaps Dye does. I don't have insider info on that but I believe I do recall PE saying they send them out to get ano'd. But the fact remains that anodizing, regardless of who it is done by, is an imperfect science.

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:56 AM #24
vxmaniac

vxmaniac has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonusball024 View Post
Youre probably right which is why I relubed hpr and rammer after the PE guy said the marker was over a year old. I didn't think about rebuilding didn't think I would have to on a new in box gun from a retailer
just to clarify did you put oil on the rammer or grease it?

did you go through the basic "Teching" list i.e

1. brand name battery that has been checked and is fully charged (over 9.00v's)
2. return board to stock
3. try a different tank
4. bore match/underbore paint

im yet to see a pb company that hasnt produced at least a handful of "lemon" guns whether it be manufacturing defects or QC misses...

BUT... ALOT of the time it is user error whether its a dud battery that has been pulled brand new from the packet and is dead (or isnt brand name/doesnt produce the need voltage), people using bottles with regs that dont work properly, using the wrong grease/oil in the wrong place and Even 1-2 swollen/wrong sized/leaky orings can render a perfectly fine gun 1 minute a leaking/puffing mess... especially if the gun has been left to sit for over 6 months.

im not sure if you have the gun back or if its still at the store but i would stronly urge you to consider a full oring rebuild of all the moving parts to rule out a dud oring before you going and replace a solenoid that doesnt have anything wrong with it... because to me a gun working perfectly for a full day and comes up at the end of the day puffing a noid wouldnt be the first think i thought it was
vxmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:48 AM #25
bonusball024

Quote:
Originally Posted by vxmaniac View Post
just to clarify did you put oil on the rammer or grease it?

did you go through the basic "Teching" list i.e

1. brand name battery that has been checked and is fully charged (over 9.00v's)
2. return board to stock
3. try a different tank
4. bore match/underbore paint

im yet to see a pb company that hasnt produced at least a handful of "lemon" guns whether it be manufacturing defects or QC misses...

BUT... ALOT of the time it is user error whether its a dud battery that has been pulled brand new from the packet and is dead (or isnt brand name/doesnt produce the need voltage), people using bottles with regs that dont work properly, using the wrong grease/oil in the wrong place and Even 1-2 swollen/wrong sized/leaky orings can render a perfectly fine gun 1 minute a leaking/puffing mess... especially if the gun has been left to sit for over 6 months.

im not sure if you have the gun back or if its still at the store but i would stronly urge you to consider a full oring rebuild of all the moving parts to rule out a dud oring before you going and replace a solenoid that doesnt have anything wrong with it... because to me a gun working perfectly for a full day and comes up at the end of the day puffing a noid wouldnt be the first think i thought it was
Not to sound flippant.. but did you read my very first post? Maybe I should specify a little more so people understand what I mean when I said I've changed nothing.

I have had the gun brandnew for a month. PE's battery was the first battery in it and it was not changed, batter meter was full. Just in case it was the battery the guys up at the field who looked at my gun put a full energizer in there.. same exact issue if not a little bit worse. You never put grease on the Ego rammer you only use oil. We have tried using two tanks, my tank and the guy who was checking out my gun screwed his tank in.. no bingo. Paint and bore have absolutely nothing to do with the gun firing or not I don't really know why you posted that. Eyes are functioning.. the gun would not make a full cycle with paint eyes on.. or no paint eyes off. if I pulled the trigger in it would release a very small amount of air and would kinda of sound like an autococker for anyone who has used one.. you know how the trigger pull is in stages? well it sound like pulling the trigger in enough to start a cycle but not actually fire the marker just a very short "hiss" which resulted in a 'puff puff' not a "pop pop" that I full cycle would yield. The gun is completely stock I have change no settings but switching to micro for the trigger and psp ramping. I did do some of my own custom settings for ramping in the user customizable settings but the only thing I changes again was ROF, firing mode, and mircro from opto. All orings were inspected by myself and the guys looking at my gun, all orings were relubed, a guy who had a new working ego 11 that I know let us put his rammer in my ego... still the same issue. I'm fairly certain it's not the orings, the tank, the hpr, or lpr.. I will let everyone know when I hear back from them and they are done teching my gun. Thanks for the help though bud, I appreciate it and again if I sound flippant I'm not trying to. It's always very hard to get what someone else is saying on the interwebnets. I'm pretty sure I've checked and covered everything that needs to be checked.

Old 09-09-2012, 05:27 PM #26
tinopaintball

Annual Supporting Member
tinopaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tinopaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tinopaintball supports Team VICIOUS
tinopaintball supports Team VICIOUS
tinopaintball supports DLX Technology
i read the whole thread, and there is one thing that pops up to me, sometimes it is the obvious, you said you took a bad dive, and kinda heard something come lose? i would check the wires and connections on the board and solenoid, this could be something as simple as a wire moved and isnt making good connection.

but if that isnt it, PE will take care of you.
Vicious CSL #3 --- Candy red ninja 68/45 --- SEED Rotor
Etha --------------------Ninja 68/45----------- Rotor
tinopaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:47 PM #27
bonusball024

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinopaintball
i read the whole thread, and there is one thing that pops up to me, sometimes it is the obvious, you said you took a bad dive, and kinda heard something come lose? i would check the wires and connections on the board and solenoid, this could be something as simple as a wire moved and isnt making good connection.

but if that isnt it, PE will take care of you.
Not a bad dive a hard one. Harder on my knees than then gun, it would have to be one I'd those freak incidents, but yes wires we're checked

Old 09-09-2012, 08:23 PM #28
vxmaniac

vxmaniac has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
sorry i may have glossed over the posts in which i thought you were talking about anno flaws and thats my bad i do apologise

i simply laid out all the troubleshooting i do before i suspect major problems like noid/board/defective machining problems

hopefully the techs get back to you and it was something simple that was overlooked... or the failed part is replaced if that is the issue

p.s while im not saying anything about you or your techs inspection abilities.. often orings look completly fine and then you replace them and find there was minor swelling/flaws which can render the gun inoperative... not saying this is the case atm but my motto always is "when in doubt change them out"
vxmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:55 PM #29
jdmpurest
Eat ****, Die Slow

jdmpurest owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jdmpurest has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jdmpurest has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
As far as the anno goes, i guess you missed this massive red disclaimer on the page when you clicked add to cart.

***NOTE*** Please note that various parts of this paintball marker have been re anodized by ANS Xtreme Performance. Whilst the marker is factory specification, it must be noted that the marker parts that have been re anodised are then re-assembled by ANS Xtreme Performance, and not the manufacturer of the marker. All technical issues have to be referred to ANSgear.com. FULL WARRANTY APPLIES ***NOTE***

http://www.ansgear.com/Planet_Eclips...llgunblksa.htm

That means your gun was disassembled, blasted, reannoed, then reassembled before it was shipped to you. Any number of things could have happened in that time.
Flex Owners Club #150

ehh

"Wool owns. In the Finnish military we had a sweater of wool we called Pillu. It means *ussy because no matter how wet it got, it was always warming"
jdmpurest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:06 PM #30
Invert O.G
Total Eclipse

Annual Supporting Member
Invert O.G plays in the PSP
Invert O.G supports Team VICIOUS
Invert O.G plays in the APPA D4 division
Invert O.G supports Empire
well that being said you should be pissed at ANS not P.E, also you say the color is hunter........... are you sure or could it be there color combo of black and sunburst orange

LUXEMOB

Last edited by Invert O.G : 09-09-2012 at 09:10 PM.
Invert O.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:29 AM #31
weltmaker2000
Rickfactor

weltmaker2000 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
weltmaker2000 supports Team VICIOUS
When an electronic gun fails, I always followed these steps:

- battery check (done)
- swap tank or check output pressure of tank (done)
- HPR regular pressure check after a clean and regrease or swap with known working reg
- lower pressure on LPR after a clean and regrease and work your way back up to an adequate cycling pressure.
- factory reset to stock

If all of these fail to locate the issue, it will be the solenoid that has failed.

Good luck. Ask PE for help first and get the gun fixed. ANS will not exchange the gun just as if a car dealership will not give a new car if something goes wrong soon after buying. Excercise the warranty. Thats why it is there.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:25 AM #32
Nicky T
Eclipse Customer Service

Annual Supporting Member
Nicky T works for a Paintball manufacturer
Nicky T owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Nicky T plays in the APPA D5 division
Nicky T has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Morning,

Bonusball024/monkey-poo lets get you sorted once and for all!

Can you please do me a favour and email me directly on: nick.t@planeteclipse.com with a concise list of any current issues that you are experiencing.

I will get back to you within 24 hours and get you sorted.

Nicky T

If you have an Iphone, Ipad or Itouch then you need to treat yourself to an awesome app called Field Designer. You can purchase it directly through the iTunes App Store by following this link: Buy Field Designer NOW! or on the Android store HERE!

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/NickyTruter
Nicky T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:25 AM #33
frenchy2475

frenchy2475 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
frenchy2475 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Original thread.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...360&highlight=
frenchy2475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:11 AM #34
Soul06

Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmpurest View Post
As far as the anno goes, i guess you missed this massive red disclaimer on the page when you clicked add to cart.

***NOTE*** Please note that various parts of this paintball marker have been re anodized by ANS Xtreme Performance. Whilst the marker is factory specification, it must be noted that the marker parts that have been re anodised are then re-assembled by ANS Xtreme Performance, and not the manufacturer of the marker. All technical issues have to be referred to ANSgear.com. FULL WARRANTY APPLIES ***NOTE***

http://www.ansgear.com/Planet_Eclips...llgunblksa.htm

That means your gun was disassembled, blasted, reannoed, then reassembled before it was shipped to you. Any number of things could have happened in that time.
Yet another reason why I do not and would not order from ANS

On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Old 09-10-2012, 07:16 AM #35
jdmpurest
Eat ****, Die Slow

jdmpurest owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jdmpurest has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jdmpurest has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky T
Morning,

Bonusball024/monkey-poo lets get you sorted once and for all!

Can you please do me a favour and email me directly on: nick.t@planeteclipse.com with a concise list of any current issues that you are experiencing.

I will get back to you within 24 hours and get you sorted.

Nicky T
I was 75% sold on buying a new Ego. Its 100% after seeing CS like this.
Flex Owners Club #150

ehh

"Wool owns. In the Finnish military we had a sweater of wool we called Pillu. It means *ussy because no matter how wet it got, it was always warming"
jdmpurest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:34 AM #36
Invert O.G
Total Eclipse

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchy2475 View Post
after reading this the issue seems to be with ANS and not Planet Eclipse if the gun is a re-anno then its just poor quality and poor re-assembly..........

LUXEMOB
Old 09-10-2012, 07:46 AM #37
Soul06

Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invert O.G

after reading this the issue seems to be with ANS and not Planet Eclipse if the gun is a re-anno then its just poor quality and poor re-assembly..........
I've read so many customer complaints about ANS I don't think I could ever feel comfortable ordering anything other than small goods from them (hoppers, masks, clothing, etc). But never a marker. Too many complaints about delays in shipping, wrong color selection, bad CS and now to have them confirm that they disassemble and re-ano markers.....no thanks.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:57 AM #38
petedaddy
Mission Accomplished!

petedaddy plays in the APPA D4 division
It may not even be the anno or whatever. On some Ego11s, the reg adjsuter top (open the reg and on the other side of the screw that adjusts velocity) causes a leak that hisses out of the hole on the reg. I called PE and the sent me a brass one as the steel ones caused problems from time to time...Maybe ask about this with Gerry?
petedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:13 AM #39
Vicious49
Excelsior!

Annual Supporting Member
Vicious49 plays in the USPL
Vicious49 plays in the PSP
Vicious49 owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
Vicious49 supports Pev's Paintball
Vicious49 plays in the APPA D4 division
Vicious49 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invert O.G View Post
well that being said you should be pissed at ANS not P.E, also you say the color is hunter........... are you sure or could it be there color combo of black and sunburst orange
He also said it was whited out and rewritten. That wouldn't happen if it was a factory anno.

The best upgrade for your Ego is a new owner.
Vicious49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:19 AM #40
frenchy2475

frenchy2475 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
He also said it was whited out and rewritten. That wouldn't happen if it was a factory anno.
Quite right. I have a Hunter and mine certainly didnt look like that.
frenchy2475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:44 AM #41
Nicky T
Eclipse Customer Service

Annual Supporting Member
Nicky T works for a Paintball manufacturer
Nicky T owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Nicky T plays in the APPA D5 division
Nicky T has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invert O.G View Post
If a customer has an issue then we make it our business

Nicky T

If you have an Iphone, Ipad or Itouch then you need to treat yourself to an awesome app called Field Designer. You can purchase it directly through the iTunes App Store by following this link: Buy Field Designer NOW! or on the Android store HERE!

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/NickyTruter
Nicky T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:45 AM #42
Invert O.G
Total Eclipse

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
True that all my P.E gun boxes have a nice barcode sticker with a printed color lable................ Not ANS hand written color scheme

LUXEMOB