PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-08-2012, 09:43 AM #1
bonusball024

bonusball024 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Month old Ego 11 goes down :(

Hey guys, I have had my Ego 11 since the 2nd week of July and have been having a lot of issues with it when I take it out on the field. Last night it went down pretty badly at the end of the day and would not shoot at all. When the trigger was pulled it would only do a little 'puff puff' and not give a full cycle. The guys who own the field (whom also are certified PE techs) Took a look at it and couldn't find any other issues with the gun except possibly the solenoid. They told me they were going to keep it, since I sent in my warranty card, and they'll be good to work on it... but that's not my main issue. My real issues is I bought my Ego because of it's repor that it is a very solid marker from a great company, yet I have had nothing but issues with my marker almost from the first time I took it out of the box... and after paying 1200 dollars for a gun not getting high end performance or quality out of a high end product. I feel like there are plenty of other markers on the market now that may not look as good as my Ego but preform and do not break out of the box like mine has. I have owned other markers that players have loved to talk trash about (IE old impulses, ions, epiphanies.. even cockers) as being inferior markers to the modern high ends that have never given me as much trouble out of the box as my Ego has.

I am 22 yrs old, I have been playing paintball since 2004.. I'm not some punk *** kid on the internet who can't clean his crap. I know how to clean my markers and take care of my stuff so any PE fan boys wishing to respond with 'learn how to take care of your ----' can refrain from responding. I understand my marker is under warranty, but issues with ano, troubles with grip frame buttons not always working, and issues with the marker leaking, and not firing are not something a customer expects to happen with a product owned for a month and 2 weeks, having only 3 cases of paint (if that) through it.

Jack and Nicky have been great in responding on the forum with some of the problems I've posted about before this under my other screen name (monkey-poo) and has been really appreciated, but none of that makes up for the disappointment in the product. I'm wondering if I have a lemon and just need an old marker.

... and I mean you guys talk about CS? When I called PE the first time about it (state side) The guy told me the gun was over a year old... but then realized since I had just but it from ANSgear and just sent in the warranty card they'll have to cover it under warranty..He also told me minor ano flaws may happen but anoing isn't an exact science so that may happen... what is that?? I paid over 1000 bucks Yes.. it better be perfect.. I don't see Bob long guns or dye guns with ano flaws on them..

Sorry for the rant.. just really peaved at the moment.

Advertisement
Old 09-08-2012, 10:16 AM #2
boomerrw

I can understand your frustration but a rant on the nation wont solve anything. Planet Eclipse is a great company. There products are top notch. Finally there CS is some of the best. In short, dont condemn the company just because your experience hasnt been the best. A business should be judged on how they handle problems. Give them some time to sort you out.
boomerrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:09 AM #3
bonusball024

It may solve a problem PE may not know is there. From reading experiences from other users, from talking to people at the field, and now my own experience I'm starting to feel like PE's customer service in the US is not where it might have been at one time. Like I said it's great that Nicky and Jack are on the nation.. but it's not like they are the ONLY company in paintball doing so. If I can share light of my experience it may help someone else on the nation.. reading stuff like this might have saved me from spending that much money on a marker I believed was never going to give me any issues like mine has yielded since I received it. For other products outside of paintball a customer has the option to return and get his money back or to get a new product for a lemon…

Old 09-08-2012, 11:30 AM #4
boomerrw

You cant expect a gun to never give you any issues. Calling it a lemon is unfair. just because youve had bad luck doesnt mean the product isnt quality or is defective. Bad experiences are out there with any gun if you look hard enough. Good luck to you bud. im sure your problems will be solved & you will love your ego
boomerrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:40 AM #5
bonusball024

I never said not having issues at all.. I understand markers need to be maintained… however no customer who pays over 1000 dollars for a high end paintball gun expects their product to break within a 2 months of use. I have brought it to the field 3 times and now have a 1200 dollar gun that is not working. So the product I have is not of par quality with other products and is defective…. I don't understand why you have issues with that. PE may have the best customer service on the planet. As a customer I need them to prove that to me individually and as far as quality control goes and as far as my experience with who ever I spoke to goes… I am not satisfied. As a customer who paid for their merchandise… I am allowed that, and for the amount of money I paid I am obligated to feel dissatisfied with PE so far, I did not receive the product I thought I was buying. The whole reason people buy high end guns are for high end performance and reliability..

Old 09-08-2012, 12:13 PM #6
C0ck3r_W0RR1OR
Dyin's for Fools!

Annual Supporting Member
C0ck3r_W0RR1OR owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
C0ck3r_W0RR1OR owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
It's unfortunate that your particular gun is a lemon and has given you problems, but it seems you're taking things a bit too far. There's bound to be a problematic product here and there after many batches have been assembled and sold.

Give it time and see how it's handled. As a long time Planet fan I had a problem with a product of theirs once, and the way in which it was remedied by Nicky T, Gerry Bates, and Marc Lancia absolutely earned my business for life.
C0ck3r_W0RR1OR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:57 PM #7
bonusball024

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0ck3r_W0RR1OR View Post
It's unfortunate that your particular gun is a lemon and has given you problems, but it seems you're taking things a bit too far. There's bound to be a problematic product here and there after many batches have been assembled and sold.

Give it time and see how it's handled. As a long time Planet fan I had a problem with a product of theirs once, and the way in which it was remedied by Nicky T, Gerry Bates, and Marc Lancia absolutely earned my business for life.
That's what I'm talking about cocker_warrior.. you had them tend to you in a manner that kept your business.. if they handle this in a way that impresses me the same I probably will be if not..

Old 09-08-2012, 01:41 PM #8
AngelLover55
What, where and why?

AngelLover55 is a Supporting Member
AngelLover55 donated to help Peyton Trent
AngelLover55 helped look for balloons
AngelLover55 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
AngelLover55 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Like everyone keeps saying, just because your gun is a lemon doesn't mean PE is a terrible company.

Not every gun coming out of PE is going to be flawless, someone at QA inspection could of possibly missed something, point is it happens.

Just like you could go buy a Porsche or a Mercedes-Benz and get a lemon car, just because they make amazing cars doesn't mean they don't make mistakes.

Contact PE and they will make it right, and you'll see why everyone praises PE.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:44 PM #9
abenguyen
Abe Na-Goo-Yen

abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen posts videos on PbNation
abenguyen plays in the APPA beginner division
abenguyen supports DLX Technology
You can hand it to me and I'll look at it for you. Sucks that a brand new gun would do that. I purchased mine used and haven't had a problem since. I think we should ask what all you've done with your ego since you got it? Change settings? Brand new battery? Any maintenance yourself?

Last edited by abenguyen : 09-08-2012 at 03:43 PM.
abenguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:54 PM #10
bonusball024

Brand new gun, stock settings everything except change fire modes and change trigger from opto to micro switch.. Is stock

Old 09-08-2012, 03:45 PM #11
abenguyen
Abe Na-Goo-Yen

abenguyen posts videos on PbNation
abenguyen plays in the APPA beginner division
abenguyen supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonusball024 View Post
Brand new gun, stock settings everything except change fire modes and change trigger from opto to micro switch.. Is stock
If I read correctly, you ordered this from ANSgear? What color scheme did you order?

I'm wondering if you got a custom anodized color and tolerances could have been messed up during anno...

Otherwise I'd check the solenoid settings yourself. I've read that some bought brand new may come with low or high noid settings.
abenguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:01 PM #12
bonusball024

No it's not a custom scheme, it's a Hunter Ego it should be original, I say that because on my box something is whited out and hunter is written over it... I don't think it was a copy but may be possible? Either way based on the nous leak, and the "puff puff puff" shots I would get like it would not fully cycle I'm guessing it's a bad noid. It started off the day fine maybe I took a hard dive and it shook something loose... At any rate not issues I'd expect caused by ano tolerances.

The notches are hard to see but it looks like 5-7 like it was supposed to from the factory. I don't have the marker now the guys at the shop from the field have it... And that's an hour away. They assured me they are PE certified techs and they can get the parts to fix it or send the gun out for me... We'll see what happens.

I think because I wrote in a dissatisfied manner ppl think I am a PE hater I'm not.. I've been a fan boy of egos for years always wanted one.. and now that I have one, I'm starting to feel like its just another marker and nothing that warrants its 1250 dollar price tag.

Last edited by bonusball024 : 09-08-2012 at 05:07 PM.
bonusball024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:17 PM #13
tniz

tniz owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
tniz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tniz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tniz plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
... and I mean you guys talk about CS? When I called PE the first time about it (state side) The guy told me the gun was over a year old... but then realized since I had just but it from ANSgear and just sent in the warranty card they'll have to cover it under warranty..He also told me minor ano flaws may happen but anoing isn't an exact science so that may happen... what is that?? I paid over 1000 bucks Yes.. it better be perfect.. I don't see Bob long guns or dye guns with ano flaws on them..
Based on this statement, it sounds as if the marker might have been sitting in the ANS warehouse for a while. I'm not trying to point my finger at you by anymeans, but when one of my guns sit that long the first thing I do is tear it down and relube/rebuild everything to bring it back to life.

Also, considering it's an ANS gun, is the gun a stock PE color, or one of ANS's special "custom" color schemes. Just curious as to what type of ano flaws you might have noticed.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing so many issues with your gun. Every issue I've had with my guns has been dealt with professionally and promptly by the Planet customer service team.

Hopefully you get things sorted out.

Do you have a custom milled '06 Pevs EGO with a Gruntbull Urban Digi-Camo Ano???
Do you know anyone with a custom milled '06 Pevs EGO with a Gruntbull Urban Digi-Camo Ano???
If so, PM me, would like to buy it back
tniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:37 PM #14
bonusball024

Youre probably right which is why I relubed hpr and rammer after the PE guy said the marker was over a year old. I didn't think about rebuilding didn't think I would have to on a new in box gun from a retailer

Old 09-08-2012, 05:54 PM #15
tniz

That's why I wasn't pointing my finger at a "punk *** kid on the internet who can't clean his crap"; but rather look at the bigger picture. ANS is a pretty large retailer that is known to have sub-par customer service. I have been lucky to not have any issues with the few purchases I've made from them; however, I have heard a couple horror stories.

If you're gun is in the hands of certified PE Tech, then I am 100% confident it will be shooting like all Planet Eclipse guns should... Great. Please don't let this experience sway you from a great company. In my line of work, sometimes a slip up here and there is actually good for business. One it allows me to realize where my team needs to make improvements; and two, it lets my customer see how my team reacts and remedies problems.

If you don't mind me asking again, what color is your Ego?

Do you have a custom milled '06 Pevs EGO with a Gruntbull Urban Digi-Camo Ano???
Do you know anyone with a custom milled '06 Pevs EGO with a Gruntbull Urban Digi-Camo Ano???
Old 09-08-2012, 05:57 PM #16
Fladgate
Me Gusta

Annual Supporting Member
Fladgate owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
So sad to hear that. Don't mistake yourself, all these poeple loving p-e cant be wrong, your just unlucky. Although, your not hte first person i hear they get problem from ANSgear brand new markers, just saying.

Gl man , ego's are tough beasts, can't be that big of a problem.

"Originally posted by jakes78: My markers do not shoot lasers, tits, or ropes. They shoot paintballs at PSP 12.5 BPS and I expect yours to do so as well."
Fladgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:31 PM #17
bonusball024

Quote:
Originally Posted by tniz

If you don't mind me asking again, what color is your Ego?
Hunter

Old 09-08-2012, 07:14 PM #18
Invert O.G
Total Eclipse

Annual Supporting Member
Invert O.G plays in the PSP
Invert O.G supports Team VICIOUS
Invert O.G plays in the APPA D4 division
Invert O.G supports Empire
Pic of the gun and serial numbers/color code on box so we can see if its a ans color or not
Old 09-08-2012, 07:43 PM #19
tniz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invert O.G View Post
Pic of the gun and serial numbers/color code on box so we can see if its a ans color or not
That's what I was hinting at... Thanks

Old 09-08-2012, 07:58 PM #20
bushhog750

bushhog750 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Every gun company and every company that sells a product is going to have problems at some point in time. You just happen to be the unlucky one that got that product. Planet eclipse and their products as a whole are top quality and I'm sure will take care of you.
bushhog750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:11 PM #21
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
No it's not a custom scheme, it's a Hunter Ego it should be original, I say that because on my box something is whited out and hunter is written over it... I don't think it was a copy but may be possible?
You bought a marker from ANSgear with the color scheme whited out and re-written and your first thought is to blame PE? Seriously?? ANSgear....known for CS problems??

I'm willing to bet that when you get your marker back the problem was not a bad noid but instead something very minimal that will make this entire rant seem silly.

And as for anodizing, they are correct. It isnt an exact science. No marker company ano's their own markers. They send them out for that and mistakes are going to happen. And this is evident with EVERY company.

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote