Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-07-2012, 08:30 AM #1
Angrypencils

3000psi and 4500 psi in tandem?

So, I have a question. I DID search for this, so if it's somewhere in here I apologize but I couldn't find it... I was thinking of running a remote line from a 3000psi in my pack to the fill nipple of my 4500 on my marker. Now, I know the fill nipple is not supposed to allow air to flow backwards (out of the fill nipple) but would this idea even work? Just worried that when I fire the marker the air might go through to my 3000psi reg and blow the disks... Or is this something where I can just keep the slide check stopping the air until my 4500 hits 3000psi of air left?
Angrypencils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-07-2012, 09:52 AM #2
WildWayz
The Moose God

Annual Supporting Member
Why on earth would you want to do this?!

I cannot see it working at all...

Markers: Bob Long Insight, MVP, 2012 G6R and VCOM

Clubs: Marq Clan | Insight Owners Group
WildWayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:57 AM #3
Angrypencils

Well I'm about to play a big game and i need more air. I've had both tanks for a while and if this is possible it would be a lot cheaper to use what i have already instead of buying a bigger tank
Old 09-07-2012, 10:00 AM #4
WildWayz
The Moose God

Annual Supporting Member
On a UK scenario forum, there was a discussion about running 2 air tanks. General consensus was not to bother due to additional weight etc.

Either get a bigger bottle, more efficient marker or just use the time going back to the safe zone to repod up and get a drink

The guys were talking about having some form of tap which directs the flow from 1 tank to the marker, then when it runs out you turn it and the other tank flows.

Markers: Bob Long Insight, MVP, 2012 G6R and VCOM

Clubs: Marq Clan | Insight Owners Group
WildWayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:16 PM #5
Danny96211
cash for your iphone

Danny96211 posts videos on PbNation
Danny96211 supports Empire
I dont think that would work at all. If you did that, then all of the pressure from the tank on your back would go into the tank on your gun and you would blow a burst disk. It's very unsafe. I could be wrong but i definitely wouldn't try it. However, i saw a picture once of a guy with 3 carbon fiber tanks on his back that were all hooked up to each other somehow and he used a remote line from those interconnected tanks to his gun. But he had it set up some special way. Not the way you are describing.
Danny96211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:44 PM #6
darksynergy256

I don't think the fill nipple will open until the 4500 psi tank got to 3000 psi. Then they would just balance out
darksynergy256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:11 PM #7
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
What's going to happen is that shuttle valve on your fill nipple is not going to open up until your on-marker tank is below the output pressure of your on-back tank.
So if your 3000 is outputting at 800 psi, high pressure, that shuttle valve is not going to be forced open until your 4500 tank is sub 800 psi in the entire bottle. That's when it will start flowing.

Ninja has made a tandem remote line for running two set ups before. But check with them to make sure it's okay to use 3000 and 4500 together. I believe it is because it's just the output pressure of the regs that are going to be fighting against each other.
It may be a custom order, I don't see it listed but I know they have made them before for scenario players.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:43 PM #8
Rob @ Ninja PB

Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWayz View Post
On a UK scenario forum, there was a discussion about running 2 air tanks. General consensus was not to bother due to additional weight etc.
Depending on where/how you have the tanks setup, its not as bad as people would assume. If it was, I dont think Carl Bortol, owner of Vicious, would use this setup for UWL

Also, what the OP is asking is doable, with no adverse affects. You have a 4500psi tank and a 3000psi tank. Connect both systems into (1) line. Because both systems will have a regulator on top, the regulator will regulate the pressure coming from both the 3000 and 4500psi systems down to say 800psi (or whatever the OP has his regs set to). the pressure coming from both systems at 800psi will equalize inside the line, thus feeding his marker 800psi. When the 3000psi bottle runs out, the 4500psi bottle will continue to output 800psi until it runs out of air.

Angrypencils - call us at our toll free number if you want to talk more about this. 877-646-5287 x309.

EDIT- you wont be able to have the air flowing through your fill nipple, it would be setup a different way.
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:13 PM #9
Angrypencils

The way I have it set up is to have my 4500 on my gun because it's lighter than a steelie. So this would work in theory, but I would need a certain remote coil apart from the standard ones? It's kind of haphazard but if it saves me 150 on a new 4500 i'll take it. How exactly would this be set up?
Old 09-08-2012, 12:16 PM #10
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Call up Ninja. Trust on this, they've done this before for several people but they need to work out specifics on your needs and set up.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:18 AM #11
cfl mike
Ron Paul = God

cfl mike owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
cfl mike owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cfl mike supports Team VICIOUS
cfl mike is for the Gunfight
cfl mike has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris17 View Post
What's going to happen is that shuttle valve on your fill nipple is not going to open up until your on-marker tank is below the output pressure of your on-back tank.
So if your 3000 is outputting at 800 psi, high pressure, that shuttle valve is not going to be forced open until your 4500 tank is sub 800 psi in the entire bottle. That's when it will start flowing.

Ninja has made a tandem remote line for running two set ups before. But check with them to make sure it's okay to use 3000 and 4500 together. I believe it is because it's just the output pressure of the regs that are going to be fighting against each other.
It may be a custom order, I don't see it listed but I know they have made them before for scenario players.

This.

Plus when you run out of air, it would be much easier just to screw in the new tank.

Why do people do this wanna-be hk thing? I mean hk people dont even play paintball, they just whine and start drama while wearing the ugliest stuff. Seriously you find light blue and pink to be attractive colors for your parents 1500 dollar investment (your gun/marker)? If you want to whine keep it off the field and save it for the internet; O wait! THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOU DO! Haha, if you don't play then don't whine.

I want your G6r parts and upgrades, sell them to me, because you wont get anything for them if you sell/trade them with the gun.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3808906
cfl mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:21 AM #12
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypencils View Post
The way I have it set up is to have my 4500 on my gun because it's lighter than a steelie. So this would work in theory, but I would need a certain remote coil apart from the standard ones? It's kind of haphazard but if it saves me 150 on a new 4500 i'll take it. How exactly would this be set up?
You need a single port UFA you would screw one tank into. Then have a line going from that UFA into a 2-port UFA you screw the other bottle into. On the other side of the 2-port UFA, you would have a remote line running from that bottle into your markers ASA.
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 09-10-2012, 03:44 PM #13
Angrypencils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob @ Ninja PB View Post
You need a single port UFA you would screw one tank into. Then have a line going from that UFA into a 2-port UFA you screw the other bottle into. On the other side of the 2-port UFA, you would have a remote line running from that bottle into your markers ASA.
I assume I can use regular macroline fittings for these UFA's? So, I attach the 1 port UFA to one bottle. Put a line to the 2 port UFA which is on the second bottle. The remote is attached to the 2nd port in the 2 port UFA. And the air flows through the UFA's and not the tanks, correct? That would mean that I can still fill the bottles separately without having to worry about air pressures.

So I assume there really is no way to keep the 4500 on the gun and still do this? It's the perfect length to hold it on my shoulder
Old 09-10-2012, 04:38 PM #14
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
I assume I can use regular macroline fittings for these UFA's? So, I attach the 1 port UFA to one bottle. Put a line to the 2 port UFA which is on the second bottle. The remote is attached to the 2nd port in the 2 port UFA. And the air flows through the UFA's and not the tanks, correct? That would mean that I can still fill the bottles separately without having to worry about air pressures.

So I assume there really is no way to keep the 4500 on the gun and still do this? It's the perfect length to hold it on my shoulder
No, You dont want to use macroline fittings. I would use standard 1/8" NPT threaded fittings on each end of the lines that would attach your UFA's together; similar to a steel braided line (which would also work). Otherwise, what you describe is correct. The air would flow from one UFA, down the line, into the 2nd UFA, into the line on the 2nd port, and then into your marker. The nice thing about this setup is yes, you can fill each bottle separately. Turn the knob on the UFA for the bottle you want to fill, attach the fill line to the fill nipple, and then fill the bottle. To have the air flow through the UFA after you fill the tank, simply turn the UFA knob to the ON position.

Yes, you can do what your asking. Put a 3000psi bottle on your back, run the remote line from the regulator on the 3000psi bottle directly into the fill nipple on your 4500psi bottle thats mounted on your marker. Its doable. Call me please. Its taking my way too long to keep typing all of this out.

877- 646-5287 x309. Calling us will net you a MUCH faster response AND we can take care of all of your questions you have.
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 09-10-2012, 09:28 PM #15
Winger CT
Mouthy Mimes X.O.

I actually tried this while we were doing defense at EMR castle a couple of years ago. It definately worked, and I shot a LOT more paint without a refill than usual, although I was running a LP SP-1 so having the tanks equalize at 700-800 psi wasn't a show stopper. And it was all mostly CQB, so if I lost distance, I wouldn't have noticed. Probably wouldn't have worked on a HP 98C, though. To be honest, I'm still not entirely sure why it worked at all!

What I would really love to see is someone make is a bottom line ASA with an additional side input and a "1 | 2 | OFF" selector lever. That way you could run the tank on the marker until it is empty, then just throw the lever to switch over to a second tank on a remote line without the two tanks trying to equalize.

Only one tank would ever be connected to the marker at a time, and the OFF position would still let you depressurize it for tank removal.

I could probably build one myself, but I'm just too darn handsome to do any actual work.

"Actions Speak Louder than Words"

Visit us on Facebook
and Visit some of our terrific Sponsors!

Last edited by Winger CT : 09-10-2012 at 09:33 PM.
Winger CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:24 AM #16
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger CT View Post
I actually tried this while we were doing defense at EMR castle a couple of years ago. It definately worked, and I shot a LOT more paint without a refill than usual, although I was running a LP SP-1 so having the tanks equalize at 700-800 psi wasn't a show stopper. And it was all mostly CQB, so if I lost distance, I wouldn't have noticed. Probably wouldn't have worked on a HP 98C, though. To be honest, I'm still not entirely sure why it worked at all!

What I would really love to see is someone make is a bottom line ASA with an additional side input and a "1 | 2 | OFF" selector lever. That way you could run the tank on the marker until it is empty, then just throw the lever to switch over to a second tank on a remote line without the two tanks trying to equalize.

Only one tank would ever be connected to the marker at a time, and the OFF position would still let you depressurize it for tank removal.

I could probably build one myself, but I'm just too darn handsome to do any actual work.
That's a great idea but it would be a tough sale. Not a lot of players are running dual air systems, its a very specialized setup. If it were more mainstream, we would probably look into it. Most players that need more air just end up buying a larger fiber wrapped bottle so it would be tough to justify the costs associated with developing this type of product. That's great to hear the rig worked out for you though. With the op's setup, if he's using a 48/3000, he's probably only going to see about an additional 450-500 shots over what he would get with just using his 4500psi bottle.
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 09-11-2012, 11:39 AM #17
Angrypencils

An extra 500 shots or so is exactly what i'm looking for. I would just buy a 68/4500 (currently both my tanks are 45ci) but that's about an extra hundred dollars over buying a pod pack and a remote lol. Thanks everyone for all of the help!
Old 09-11-2012, 12:23 PM #18
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
An extra 500 shots or so is exactly what i'm looking for. I would just buy a 68/4500 (currently both my tanks are 45ci) but that's about an extra hundred dollars over buying a pod pack and a remote lol. Thanks everyone for all of the help!
good talking to you on the phone and good luck with your project. Would be cool to see a picture of everything on this thread once you get your setup.
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 09-11-2012, 01:50 PM #19
Angrypencils

Yeah, pics definitely to come! Just waiting on Fedex now lol
Old 09-12-2012, 07:55 PM #20
Winger CT
Mouthy Mimes X.O.

Thanks for the feedback, Rob. It might even be easier to make as an "add-on" ASA though. Just a shorty ASA that screwed into an existing one, with the On/Off valve swapping between the ASA input and the side mount hole where a gauge usually goes.

You could package it with a 13/3000 tank as a "reserve tank adapter".

I'd pay $24.95 for it in a heartbeat, fwiw.

"Actions Speak Louder than Words"

Visit us on Facebook
and Visit some of our terrific Sponsors!
Winger CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:15 PM #21
Angrypencils

Well, I got all the stuff today. It's late and I'm tired so pics coming tomorrow. Tried it out, didn't have enough paintballs to empty out my air tank (plastered the hell out of the trees though ). Didn't get to 800psi but I removed the QD from the line and it fit perfectly on the fill nipple and aired up no problem. Only problem is on my reg, the assembly at the end of the line sticks 4 inches out into my trigger arm but I can just adjust my grip a bit.

EDIT: I didn't want to let all the air out via the line because A) It's loud as hell and B) Wasn't sure if that kind of stress was okay for the line, so I figured not to risk it