Old 09-10-2012, 02:12 PM #169
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!

Overbear is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Abstract View Post
Totally serious. You can't tell me what to do. You're not my government
It ain't your government eather, we don't practice Shariah law here.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Overbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:21 PM #170
The Abstract
Reject Diversity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest91 View Post
not the reason why... just trying to give another stupid reason for voting for someone like u did.
You must be new here
The Abstract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:27 PM #171
Umami
"That guy"

Umami supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy R. McNuggs View Post
first election i can vote and i will not be voting.
Yeah man, you're totally making a statement by not exercising your right to vote at all.

You do realize there are going to be anywhere from 4-6 candidates on the ballot (depending on your state) and you can write in whoever the **** you want, right? But hey, you're just not going to participate in the electoral process so many have fought for because you're too cool to go to the voting booth.

Coolstorybrah. I wouldn't worry, you'll get someone's attention if you just keep quiet.

SOG
I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.
Umami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:31 PM #172
jamest91

jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umami View Post
Yeah man, you're totally making a statement by not exercising your right to vote at all.

You do realize there are going to be anywhere from 4-6 candidates on the ballot (depending on your state) and you can write in whoever the **** you want, right? But hey, you're just not going to participate in the electoral process so many have fought for because you're too cool to go to the voting booth.

Coolstorybrah. I wouldn't worry, you'll get someone's attention if you just keep quiet.
I heard Mickey Mouse gets a good amount of votes each election lol
Old 09-10-2012, 02:55 PM #173
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World

licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake360 View Post
Well Ron Paul predicted all this so what does that make him?

a vagina doctor that got lucky

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:01 PM #174
StellarKnight
Mind Erasure

StellarKnight is a Supporting Member
StellarKnight is a founding member
StellarKnight has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
well that could make sense since gun control laws are controlled by the state.
Disagrees:

Federal AWB
Evil presupposes a moral decision, intention, and some forethought. A moron doesn't stop to think or reason. He acts on instinct, like a stable animal, convinced he's doing good, that he's always right, and sanctimoniously proud to go around ****ing up . . .What the world needs is more thoroughly evil people and fewer idiot ****heads.
StellarKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:08 PM #175
jamest91

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellarKnight View Post
Disagrees:

Federal AWB
you should have probably navigated that link a little more before reading the first page and posting it.... note that that act expired 8 years ago. Also note that if you navigate the links on the page you can come across pages about "Gun Laws in the US" as well as "Gun Laws by State."

You may then read all about the various versions of gun control laws for each individual state.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:39 PM #176
sirX
The next Jeremy Salm

sirX donated to help Peyton Trent
sirX supports Team VICIOUS
sirX is reppin' sidebar 4 life
sirX has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volucris View Post
You harp about gun law stance as being of your primary concern...and yet Obama has done nothing about guns whereas Romney has done several things to ban and restrict them in his home state.

Quote:
As an Illinois state senator, Barack Obama voted to ban assault weapons, to prohibit gun stores to operate within five miles of a school or park, and to limit handgun purchases to one a month. After a man was charged with illegal possession of a handgun after shooting an intruder, Obama voted against a bill that would have allowed such gun violators to claim self defense. Obama said it could have led to gun owners using their weapons in the streets.

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward...#ixzz266InT6bC
Granted, since becoming President he has not imposed anything anti 2nd amendment. Unless you count the current administration blocking the importation of the M1's.

I would love to have one, considering my Grandpa fought in the Korean war.
sirX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:00 PM #177
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!

Overbear is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirX View Post
Granted, since becoming President he has not imposed anything anti 2nd amendment. Unless you count the current administration blocking the importation of the M1's.

I would love to have one, considering my Grandpa fought in the Korean war.
Lets not forget his pushing to aprove the UN small arms treaty, and quite a number of backwater deals. Including a recent "executive order" saying the BATFE can take/cease guns without due process if they are "drug related"
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Overbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:19 PM #178
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolbandfan View Post

Well, he is the first black president.

I'll probably vote for someone else. I hate the two party system. Everyone who thinks voting other is a waste, I think it's a progressive idea. People have to continue to vote for other candidates to encourage others to do so, it won't really affect who gets elected this year, but it might affect the future elections and give other candidates a chance eventually.

Plus, at the rate the GOP is going, and unless something horrible happens really soon with the country, Obama is pretty much a shoe in.
Isn't that a racist thing to say?
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:32 PM #179
jamest91

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Abstract View Post
Jamest- I'm not actually voting for Obama because he's cool, I'm voting for him because of his contrast with Mitt Romney in regards to foreign policy. While I do lean conservative on economic issues, I don't believe there to be a stark enough contrast of Mitt's domestic policies vs Obama's that negates the serious consequences that having a foreign policy like Mitt Romney's places on America.
see that sounds so much better! lol just annoying when u ask why people wanna vote for someone and they just say stupid crap like "idk he seems cool"
Old 09-11-2012, 07:20 AM #180
StellarKnight
Mind Erasure

Quote:
note that that act expired 8 years ago.
Who gives a damn? YOU'RE the one who claimed that "gun control laws are controlled by the state" and the FAWB is a pretty clear example of a gun control measure implemented by the federal government.
Evil presupposes a moral decision, intention, and some forethought. A moron doesn't stop to think or reason. He acts on instinct, like a stable animal, convinced he's doing good, that he's always right, and sanctimoniously proud to go around ****ing up . . .What the world needs is more thoroughly evil people and fewer idiot ****heads.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:18 AM #181
Swerve22

Quote:
Who gives a damn? YOU'RE the one who claimed that "gun control laws are controlled by the state" and the FAWB is a pretty clear example of a gun control measure implemented by the federal government.
It's not really important whether it's controlled solely by one party or another. The point is that Obama would be doing something about it if he had the political capability but he knows he doesn't. For this reason he is attempting the back-door route (as is his habbit when he can't get things done through congress) in a number of ways such as those mentioned by Overbear. He would be all the more dangerous in a second term with nothing to lose.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:23 AM #182
Volucris
asmuchtextastheywillallow

Just like your pal Romney doing it without giving a **** in MA?
Volucris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:28 AM #183
StellarKnight
Mind Erasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
The point is that Obama would be doing something about it if he had the political capability but he knows he doesn't.
Yes, yes we know that 0bammer would be forcibly sodomizing 10-year-old boys and would be requiring every white woman to receive a government sponsored abortion thrice yearly, if only he had the political capability.

For as intelligent as you are, your Obama derangement is quite perplexing.

EDIT: 1. Can you or OB explain the UN small arms treaty and how it attempts to work around the 2nd Amendment?

2. Civil forfeiture of assets is in no way new to the current administration. You want to compare/contrast the number of civil forfeitures between this administration and the previous?
Old 09-11-2012, 10:30 AM #184
StellarKnight
Mind Erasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volucris View Post
Just like your pal Romney doing it without giving a **** in MA?
No see, it's different by an order of magnitude: Romney's a Republican.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:40 AM #185
sirX
The next Jeremy Salm

sirX donated to help Peyton Trent
sirX supports Team VICIOUS
sirX is reppin' sidebar 4 life
sirX has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The difference is BOTH of them have Anti-Gun history on the state level. That does not mean either will do anything on the federal level. So in essence, they are both just as bad.
sirX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:44 AM #186
Swerve22

Quote:
Yes, yes we know that 0bammer would be forcibly sodomizing 10-year-old boys and would be requiring every white woman to receive a government sponsored abortion thrice yearly, if only he had the political capability.
This is a straw man obviously but I genuinely feel that he will continue to abuse the constitution all the moreso by utilizing regulatory procedure of existing laws and executive orders to accomplish the things he can't do through orthodox means because there will be no political fallout for him. He has shown that he doesn't care much about collateral damage to his party in the way that he has handled his fundraising cash.

Quote:
For as intelligent as you are, your Obama derangement is quite perplexing.
I view him as a dangerous ideologue. Even if I agreed with the things he is doing, I would not agree with the way in which he has done them.

Quote:
EDIT: 1. Can you or OB explain the UN small arms treaty and how it attempts to work around the 2nd Amendment?
The treaty aims to ban the private sale, private transfer, and private ownership of all semiautomatic firearms. It also stiffens licencing requirements and creates and international gun registry opening the door for full scale confiscation. This is a breach of the second amendment as well as the 10th as it puts the federal governement in charge of all these things and will override current state gun laws.

Quote:
2. Civil forfeiture of assets is in no way new to the current administration. You want to compare/contrast the number of civil forfeitures between this administration and the previous?
It's not good under any administration. I'd be interested in seeing a comparison though. I liked Bush on a number of things but was by no means a die hard Bush supporter.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:55 AM #187
kjjm4
Liberty or Death

kjjm4 is a founding member
kjjm4 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
kjjm4 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Obama isn't doing anything with regard to gun control because Congress wants nothing to do with it. If he thought he could get it through Congress, I think he'd reinstate the AWB in a heartbeat.

Romney is more uncertain in that regard. I think that in his heart, he's somewhat anti-gun and wouldn't mind an assault weapons ban of some sort. But he might veto one anyway because he know he'll lose a sizable portion of his base if he doesn't.

In the end, I don't trust either one of them to protect the 2nd Amendment.
ďA strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
-Thomas Jefferson
kjjm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:30 PM #188
Murph1329

ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
STO RAM | Air America Black Ice | Shocktech LPC
pic
Forum defeat is admitted when one resorts to grammatical insults -me
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me
Murph1329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:40 PM #189
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World

licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
Perfect example of right wing Obama derangement syndrome:

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote