Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-07-2012, 06:39 PM #22
bushhog750

bushhog750 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I guess I'm putting to much into it. I'm a mechanical engineer and I deal with tolerances and clearances daily. My learned logic doesn't seem to make sense to me right now. Lol
bushhog750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-07-2012, 08:39 PM #23
Infidel1
PBNs Public Enemy #1

my opinion..
underbore = more efficient and more breaks
overbore = less efficient less breaks

one is not more accurate than another..

Last edited by Infidel1 : 09-10-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Infidel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:59 PM #24
bushhog750

bushhog750 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I do agree with you 100% on that. But then there's the debate on matching that I personally think makes the most sense. Streamline out of the barrel creates accuracy much like the twist on a rifle barrel or the rifling in the barrel. I wonder if the rammers contort the balls shape any in the firing process. That would also play a factor in flight path. Im happy with how my egos shoot but accuracy it seems is of the upmost importance.
bushhog750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:34 AM #25
wowzerz
Pump Karni King

wowzerz is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel1 View Post
Im not saying unboring (within reason) causes breaks, but you not remembering when the last time you had a break is completely different than never having a break (ie all day every day).
I shoot evil and still don't get any breaks. I don't even bring a squeegee out on the field. I should point out that I shoot pump so I have less balls through my barrel in a year than a semi that would more than likely be overboring. ALSO my underbore is ~.003 so it is barely a squeeze to begin with.

Have you experienced more breaks while underboring or are you basing your statement on speculation?

And I do agree with the equal accuracy.
wowzerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:36 AM #26
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Underbore doesn't cause more breaks.
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:01 AM #27
Infidel1
PBNs Public Enemy #1

So why dont they just make all barrels .500?
Old 09-09-2012, 06:00 PM #28
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
Underbores within ~.008 don't cause more breaks.
Fixed.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:48 PM #29
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
So why dont they just make all barrels .500?
That's not serious. Of course if you did that, you would probably experience a failure to load or a breech break, not a barrel break.

I have actually fed balls over .020 larger than a bore, until the ball got stuck in the bore, and it still didn't break unless you chopped it on loading. And that's way way beyond any practical underbore you would use.

The reason underbore doesn't break balls is that spheres are very strong when you squeeze them evenly around the circumference.
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:33 AM #30
Infidel1
PBNs Public Enemy #1

Quote:
That's not serious. Of course if you did that, you would probably experience a failure to load or a breech break, not a barrel break.

I have actually fed balls over .020 larger than a bore, until the ball got stuck in the bore, and it still didn't break unless you chopped it on loading. And that's way way beyond any practical underbore you would use.

The reason underbore doesn't break balls is that spheres are very strong when you squeeze them evenly around the circumference.
Correct, it wasnt serious. In the future, I will try to exaggerate even further to avoid any confusion. My retort was to the comment, "Underbore doesn't cause more breaks." which is false. I was not referring to statements like, Underbores within ~.008 don't cause more breaks.

On the other hand, your statement is so fundamentally flawed Im not even sure where to begin.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:08 AM #31
wowzerz
Pump Karni King

Quote:
Correct, it wasnt serious. In the future, I will try to exaggerate even further to avoid any confusion. My retort was to the comment, "Underbore doesn't cause more breaks." which is false. I was not referring to statements like, Underbores within ~.008 don't cause more breaks.

On the other hand, your statement is so fundamentally flawed Im not even sure where to begin.
Explain why the above statement is "fundamentally flawed"

It still seems you are basing your opinion on speculation and not on experience, facts, tests.
Have you played a day while underboring?
Everyone I know and play with all underbore. Haven't heard a single complaint.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:27 AM #32
Infidel1
PBNs Public Enemy #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowzerz View Post
It still seems you are basing your opinion on speculation and not on experience, facts, tests..
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2218018
"One advantage that we did notice with overboring is that the amount of barrel breaks were reduced drastically."

Could you please post the data from your tests?

Quote:
Have you played a day while underboring?
Yes.

Quote:
Everyone I know and play with all underbore. Haven't heard a single complaint.
Of course they haven't complained, everyone you know plays pump in SoCal where there is little humidity. Come to the midwest or FL, play electro and see what happens to paint as the day progresses.

Last edited by Infidel1 : 09-12-2012 at 09:22 AM.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:23 PM #33
wowzerz
Pump Karni King

Quote:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2218018
"One advantage that we did notice with overboring is that the amount of barrel breaks were reduced drastically."

Could you please post the data from your tests?
"The majority of the results showed that overboring did reduce the accuracy of the barrel, and therefore I am going to say that it does hurt a barrel’s accuracy."

Quote:
Of course they haven't complained, everyone you know plays pump in SoCal where there is little humidity. Come to the midwest or FL, play electro and see what happens to paint as the day progresses.
Ok, so going along with the test you posted and your statement:

You are agreeing that with better accuracy and lesser humidity in California, underboring is the better choice for us.

Florida has more humidity so will have less breaks but deal with worse accuracy when overboring.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:55 PM #34
Infidel1
PBNs Public Enemy #1

Quote:
You are agreeing that with better accuracy and lesser humidity in California, underboring is the better choice for us.
Correct

Quote:
Florida has more humidity so will have less breaks but deal with worse accuracy when overboring.
Not exactly, Florida needs to overbore due to the paint swelling from the humidity.

But what we were talking about, does underboring increase breaks, and I still think thats true.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:24 PM #35
robertseakykr

Quote:

Ok, so going along with the test you posted and your statement:

Overboring doesn't hurt accuracy.
robertseakykr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:55 AM #36
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Underbore doesn't cause more breaks.
sure it does but it depends on how fragile the paint is.

I was breaking paint in a 688 and then didnt break a single ball in 692. If the bolt flies forward and your ball causes drag then the bolt isnt stopping for the ball. The less resistance the ball meets the less likely it is the bolt will smash it to pieces.

Rediscover: "its good to see you didnt take any flying metal objects to your juggular." 13pbstar13: "I dont have tits bro" (true story)
Paint_hore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:53 AM #37
wowzerz
Pump Karni King

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertseakykr View Post
Overboring doesn't hurt accuracy.
I would have argued to agree with you but Infidel1 referenced a test that showed that it does hurt accuracy.

BUT!!

There is also a test that shows the opposite.

WTF is going on!?!?!?

Is there not a test that shows accuracy with both methods are the same?
Old 09-13-2012, 07:12 AM #38
Infidel1
PBNs Public Enemy #1

Until I see a more recent, more thorough test than the one provided, I have to think that these results trumps your experience.

Now there are other tests out there; unfortunately, I cannot post them because they are on a website owned by the boogie man and PBN is so threatened by this site that they have even added it to the list of banned words and truthfully that is where we should be having this discussion as its known for its reviews and technical paintball (hint) analysis. Where as PBN is a place to BST, post pictures of boobs, and kids to play in ST.

Last edited by Infidel1 : 09-13-2012 at 07:15 AM.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:53 PM #39
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Until I see a more recent, more thorough test than the one provided, I have to think that these results trumps your experience.

Now there are other tests out there; unfortunately, I cannot post them because they are on a website owned by the boogie man and PBN is so threatened by this site that they have even added it to the list of banned words and truthfully that is where we should be having this discussion as its known for its reviews and technical paintball (hint) analysis. Where as PBN is a place to BST, post pictures of boobs, and kids to play in ST.

You mean the one with all the 16 year old kids recommending used Smart Parts guns?
Old 09-14-2012, 07:20 AM #40
Infidel1
PBNs Public Enemy #1

yeah, why PBN would be threatened by such a thing is a mystery.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:17 PM #41
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

FYI, it's just as humid in Toronto as it is in Florida during late summer (104-108 degrees), and I shoot field paint through a .678 Lurker barrel with zero breaks. Take that to Punkworks and take yourself with it.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:38 PM #42
Infidel1
PBNs Public Enemy #1

Oh, its not me that should take it to them, its the OP. Im sure he would get some actual data to backup the tests rather than some dolt who just says, "its humid here and it works for me bro".

Just one last thing though.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
... I shoot field paint through a .678 Lurker barrel with zero breaks.
If you have zero breaks, why would you need such a fancy squeegee??

Last edited by Infidel1 : 09-14-2012 at 05:44 PM.